Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2461 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

somebody see what the rest of the deals are!

Can't. The only things that are currently updated are they dynamic front pages. When you click to open the actual deals, it takes you back to the current week's deals.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2462 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

dammit i bought nba jam on fire on release day 14 months ago

wish i waited...

#2463 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

dammit i bought nba jam on fire on release day 14 months ago

wish i waited...

What a total slap in the face. I'm gettin a 360, at least they know how to treat their customers.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2464 ZincAlloy

ZincAlloy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

From what I've read you have to overlook a few quirks with the mechanics of the game but overall people seem to enjoy it.

I purchashed it near launch while under the influence of alcohol. I grew up with a drunk, abusive father. Watching the opening, or scene near the begining (again, I was intoxicated), I freaked out, broke down in tears and turned the console off. Those with issues that stem from abusive parents may want to be wary. I really want to play, just got to muster up the courage.

Damn interesting enough buying it now thanks!
I can't wait to get NBA Jam (I loved the originals), Skullgirls, and Soundshapes. F yeah!

#2465 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

What a total slap in the face. I'm gettin a 360, at least they know how to treat their customers.

Well played you 2, but I think in this case its going to be more about not wanting another sports game. Also I believe EA is shutting down the online January 11th.

I'm looking for amazing gear for my Diablo 3 Demon hunter, trying to get 5 mil gold.

#2466 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Well played you 2, but I think in this case its going to be more about not wanting another sports game. Also I believe EA is shutting down the online January 11th.

The first one, not the On Fire Edition.

#2467 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'd get Bulletstorm for less than $10. I played it a while ago on 360, but never got around to finishing it.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#2468 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is the next free PSN game for Plus members: http://community.us....55915#U39155915

Sad news. PS+ Guessing Game cancelled until further notice.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2469 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Free game =/= slap in the face to those who were willing pay money to play right away.

Sad news. PS+ Guessing Game cancelled until further notice.

Heheheh. Nice work around!

Well of course I'm going to buy Tokyo Jungle, Sony.

Too true.

#2470 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

good thing I waited on sounds shapes lol

#2471 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'm actually looking forward to NBA Jam. Bunch of downers up ITT.

#2472 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Free game =/= slap in the face to those who were willing pay money to play right away.

Your reply is such a slap to the face.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2473 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm actually looking forward to NBA Jam. Bunch of downers up ITT.

Yea me too- game I don't own and pretty timeless.

Better than getting another fighting game

#2474 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Your reply is such a slap to the face.

Not my fault if someone runs into me while I'm flailing around. ;)

#2475 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

NBA Jam for free? SHOWTIME!

#2476 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sweet! I've been wanting to pick up Skullgirls for a while now.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2477 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Yea me too- game I don't own and pretty timeless.

Better than getting another fighting game

Which reminds me. Wont be surprised is PlayStation allstars goes free before june.

#2478 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Sorry, I think I'm having a brain fart here. People here and on the PS forums keep saying they're upset we're getting "another sports game". Um...NFL Blitz, and what else? I checked my download list going back to June, and that's the only sports game I see. Unless you count the Hot Shots 2 PS1 download from a few months back.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#2479 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Which reminds me. Wont be surprised is PlayStation allstars goes free before june.

Ehhh, I'd expect LBP Karting to go free for plus first. Sure All-Stars has dropped to $40 but Karting has dropped to $25 several times, I think the first time it dropped was like two weeks after it came out.

#2480 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Well of course I'm going to buy Tokyo Jungle, Sony.

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but I definitely want this game. Everything thing I hear about it is pretty positive and very intriguing. The remote play for Vita is also a feature i'd like to try out.

#2481 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Ehhh, I'd expect LBP Karting to go free for plus first. Sure All-Stars has dropped to $40 but Karting has dropped to $25 several times, I think the first time it dropped was like two weeks after it came out.

Either one seems possible, but LBP Karting seems correct. Plus, I think there may be more potential DLC to sell for LBP Karting than PSABR so that probably makes it a little more attractive for Sony.

#2482 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

eh.. so no Okami HD deal?
Dammit... might as well buy the game now for the full price.

#2483 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Not gonna happen. The game still wont be out in Japan for over a month and it's already been announced that some of the games first DLC will be free for a limited time. I'm willing to bet that a game with this many Sony franchises vested in it will NEVER be free on PS+.

#2484 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Not big on sports games, but considering how NBA Jam is more on the unrealistic side (which tends to interest me more, like Mario Power Tennis or Sega Superstars Tennis), I might try it out.

Still need to try out Sound Shapes. Problem, either I can get it cheaper, but not get the Vita version, or pay a little bit more & get both versions. Guess I'll have to see if the game is worth it to get both Vita & PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2485 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Sorry, I think I'm having a brain fart here. People here and on the PS forums keep saying they're upset we're getting "another sports game". Um...NFL Blitz, and what else? I checked my download list going back to June, and that's the only sports game I see. Unless you count the Hot Shots 2 PS1 download from a few months back.

Actually most of us are joking, mentioning what we expect others to say. I'm kinda looking forward to playing NBA Jam. I just saw what other people were saying on that blog frisky posted and expected it here.

I'm looking for amazing gear for my Diablo 3 Demon hunter, trying to get 5 mil gold.

#2486 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Not big on sports games, but considering how NBA Jam is more on the unrealistic side (which tends to interest me more, like Mario Power Tennis or Sega Superstars Tennis), I might try it out.

Still need to try out Sound Shapes. Problem, either I can get it cheaper, but not get the Vita version, or pay a little bit more & get both versions. Guess I'll have to see if the game is worth it to get both Vita & PS3.

You can just tell from playing the game on the Vita that it was originally made with it in mind. If I remember correctly, the PS3 version is just a port of the Vita version sans touch controls.

#2487 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Wait is the sale not for both versions or are you saying that you can get the PS3 version cheaper elsewhere?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2488 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Wait is the sale not for both versions or are you saying that you can get the PS3 version cheaper elsewhere?

It's Cross Buy from what I remember, so if you buy 1 version, you get the other for free. However, because the account I mainly use on my Vita is my sub account, I have to use the master account to get PS+ content, which means if I got it via PS+, I could only access it on PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2489 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

It's Cross Buy from what I remember, so if you buy 1 version, you get the other for free. However, because the account I mainly use on my Vita is my sub account, I have to use the master account to get PS+ content, which means if I got it via PS+, I could only access it on PS3.

Okay that makes sense, I thought for a second there that the sale was not including cross buy.

Just curious, why do you have a sub account for your vita?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2490 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Okay that makes sense, I thought for a second there that the sale was not including cross buy.

Just curious, why do you have a sub account for your vita?

I got a PSP about 4 or 5 years ago, & I had to make a master since I wasn't 18, so the sub was mainly used by me & had all of my purchases on there. Then last year, I got a PS3 & while it annoys me I gotta switch to the master to access PS+ (which I learned months AFTER I got my PS3 PS+ can't be applied to a sub), I can still play anything I get on there since PS3 allows multiple accounts. It was only recently that I found out that Vita only allows 1 account per handheld & sharing content isn't allowed. If I didn't have a bunch of stuff on my history list & trophies, I would've switched over to the master account long ago.

I don't get why Sony won't do what Microsoft does for Xbox Live & allows you to turn a sub account into its own, separate account once it's 18.
Posted ImagePosted Image