Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#2491 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I got a PSP about 4 or 5 years ago, & I had to make a master since I wasn't 18, so the sub was mainly used by me & had all of my purchases on there. Then last year, I got a PS3 & while it annoys me I gotta switch to the master to access PS+ (which I learned months AFTER I got my PS3 PS+ can't be applied to a sub), I can still play anything I get on there since PS3 allows multiple accounts. It was only recently that I found out that Vita only allows 1 account per handheld & sharing content isn't allowed. If I didn't have a bunch of stuff on my history list & trophies, I would've switched over to the master account long ago.

I don't get why Sony won't do what Microsoft does for Xbox Live & allows you to turn a sub account into its own, separate account once it's 18.

What is this whole thing about 18 thing? Couldn't you just lie about your age to not have restrictions? That sucks about the whole switching thing though, it would really annoy me. I really wished sony allowed 2 accounts on the Vita, I have 2 main accounts (one old and a recently made one) and both have quite a bit of purchases on them.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2492 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Even if you're 18 or older (I'm 21 now), a sub stays a sub account, no matter what. In any case, it's not a huge issue when it comes to PS+ on PS3 (aside from the free avatars. Never understood why only avatars are account locked), but had I known about PS+ on Vita & the fact I couldn't separate/promote a sub to master like Xbox Live, I would've stopped using the sub and had switched over to my master long ago.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2493 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Guys so it's probably that Tokyo Jungle will be discounted for Non-Plus Members too?

#2494 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Sorry, I think I'm having a brain fart here. People here and on the PS forums keep saying they're upset we're getting "another sports game". Um...NFL Blitz, and what else? I checked my download list going back to June, and that's the only sports game I see. Unless you count the Hot Shots 2 PS1 download from a few months back.

Yeah, NFL Blitz is the only other sports game we've received. I'm personally bummed cause once again I already have it. But it is kind of a niche game that really won't appeal to a certain population. I predict (and this one is really a stretch) that there's going to be a lot of complainers on the blog on Monday about it.

eh.. so no Okami HD deal?
Dammit... might as well buy the game now for the full price.

The last 2 weeks have had about 12-14 games on sale. The posters over on that forum revealed maybe 4 deals next week. So obviously it's not for sure that Okami won't be on sale.

That being said, the game hasn't even been out 2 full months yet. A discount would be awesome, but I think it's a little bit too early to expect it to happen.

Guys so it's probably that Tokyo Jungle will be discounted for Non-Plus Members too?

Yeah, more than likely it will be 30% off ($10.49) for non-Plus members.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2495 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yeah, NFL Blitz is the only other sports game we've received. I'm personally bummed cause once again I already have it. But it is kind of a niche game that really won't appeal to a certain population. I predict (and this one is really a stretch) that there's going to be a lot of complainers on the blog on Monday about it.

The last 2 weeks have had about 12-14 games on sale. The posters over on that forum revealed maybe 4 deals next week. So obviously it's not for sure that Okami won't be on sale.

That being said, the game hasn't even been out 2 full months yet. A discount would be awesome, but I think it's a little bit too early to expect it to happen.

Yeah, more than likely it will be 30% off ($10.49) for non-Plus members.

Thank you very much, that's good for me :)

So I hope to see Okami HD discounted too and I'm done!

#2496 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

lmao the new ps store glitch is hilarious, wonder how long it'll stay up. really dont get why it takes forever for scea to update the store

nba jam is blah, sound shapes will be mine though

#2497 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

lmao the new ps store glitch is hilarious, wonder how long it'll stay up. really dont get why it takes forever for scea to update the store

nba jam is blah, sound shapes will be mine though

Pure speculation, my guess is this will be the only time it happens. Not only because they'll find out about the leak, but I also think they may have thrown together a lot of those front pages early because of the holidays. More than likely they'll all be able to leave for New Years as soon as they get the PS Update up, so the more stuff they do ahead of time, the less they'll have to actually do on Monday.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2498 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, pretty sure the store's on auto-pilot until the holidays are over so this'll only happen once.

#2499 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Is there something wrong with the Vita store? I can't find Castlevania Chronicles? I searched by name, and even just "Castlevania" or "Chronicles." It also isn't under psone classics. I know that I bought the game on 9/14/2010 but can't find it.

#2500 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

A lot of complainers on the blog on Monday? Yeah, maybe when Hell freezes over.

I know I already said this, but Hell Yeah is fuckin awesome. If it's still on sale, go get it, definitely worth the $5.99.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2501 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Is there something wrong with the Vita store? I can't find Castlevania Chronicles? I searched by name, and even just "Castlevania" or "Chronicles." It also isn't under psone classics. I know that I bought the game on 9/14/2010 but can't find it.

Just download it on your PS3 and then transfer it to your Vita.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2502 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Just download it on your PS3 and then transfer it to your Vita.

I'm visiting family so I don't have access to my ps3 or I would check the regular store to see if it is OK or not.

Something is seriously wrong because I can't find Final Fantasy V either. I know I got that for free on 2012/01/31: http://blog.us.plays....sy-v-and-more/

#2503 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

FFV can't be played on the Vita yet.

#2504 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm visiting family so I don't have access to my ps3 or I would check the regular store to see if it is OK or not.

Something is seriously wrong because I can't find Final Fantasy V either. I know I got that for free on 2012/01/31: http://blog.us.plays....sy-v-and-more/

I see well not all PS One classics are available on the PS store from the Vita. Those that aren't you have to download from a PS3 and transfer it. Pretty crappy, but I'm not sure of another way.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2505 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Pure speculation, my guess is this will be the only time it happens. Not only because they'll find out about the leak, but I also think they may have thrown together a lot of those front pages early because of the holidays. More than likely they'll all be able to leave for New Years as soon as they get the PS Update up, so the more stuff they do ahead of time, the less they'll have to actually do on Monday.

I definitely think this is a one time thing, since its the only logical conclusion. One of the first things that came to my mind was "why doesn't the store update like this on the actual date in question?". I mean think about it logically... if this was an on going glitch / exploit, then we WOULD have seen it on any given Tuesday since the new store went live. Considering we already know it doesn't work that way, the only logical conclusion is that it it was a mere coincidence that the two events over lapped.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2506 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I see well not all PS One classics are available on the PS store from the Vita. Those that aren't you have to download from a PS3 and transfer it. Pretty crappy, but I'm not sure of another way.

OK, thanks for your help. I didn't know that about some psone games not being officially compatible yet. I'll try it later after I get back in the new year.

#2507 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

I just want Tokyo Jungle really cheap or a demo.... For videos the game looks really interested and I think I'd enjoy playing it but I don't want it to be a failure you know.

#2508 grandjedi6

grandjedi6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

so.... no walking dead sale?
[cp][/cp]

#2509 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

going to grab some PSN card from Best Buy today.. hope i get in time for the sale

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#2510 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

When does the sale on Sound Shapes and Tokyo Jungle go live?!

#2511 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

monday afternoon.

#2512 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I just played the demo for Sound Shapes. It's awesome...I will definitely be picking that up!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#2513 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I just played the demo for Sound Shapes. It's awesome...I will definitely be picking that up!

Congratulations! It's amazing, although the post-campaign, luck-based Death Mode levels killed it for me. The music and experience alone is worth it. hell, I picked it up day one and loved every ounce of it. Remember, it's cross-buy so you'll be getting both the PS3 and Vita versions for the price of one!

#2514 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

You can access your download list from the PSN store of the Vita. Click the "..." . Have to pick it from the list of games you own, but it will be there. It will also say if its compatible or not with the Vita.

#2515 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Do we have a sneak peak of what will be on sale Monday or is that tomorrow?

Posted Image Posted Image

#2516 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

^It'll be Monday morning.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2517 Tsokolit

Tsokolit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

when you buy sound shapes on ps3, can you download vita version free?

#2518 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

when you buy sound shapes on ps3, can you download vita version free?

Yes, its a cross buy game for both systems. When you earn trophies just cloud save and they will pop when the other version is loaded with the save.

Great game but the Death Mode levels are stopping me from platinum at the moment.

BumslieOG.png

#2519 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yes, its a cross buy game for both systems. When you earn trophies just cloud save and they will pop when the other version is loaded with the save.

Great game but the Death Mode levels are stopping me from platinum at the moment.

But death mode is easy lol

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2520 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Everyone keeps talking about these Death Mode levels, I'm interested to see what they are...some say they're awesome and others curse their existence. Some saying luck plays a big part in completing them, is that true?

Check out my CAG Blog!