Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2521 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Everyone keeps talking about these Death Mode levels, I'm interested to see what they are...some say they're awesome and others curse their existence. Some saying luck plays a big part in completing them, is that true?

Luck is a huge part because the note dispersion is random (you're collecting a certain number of notes in a short time), so many levels are actually impossible without some luck. I'd say most levels took 20-30 mins of focused play but a handful took many hours and a lucky draw to get through. I think they're a cool addition, but I couldn't blame someone who cursed the devs for making a skill-based mode where ultimate success depends on luck.

#2522 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Do we have a sneak peak of what will be on sale Monday or is that tomorrow?

No official sneak peak at the moment, but the store seems to have the splash images ready to go for next week. The following will be half off for PS+ members, and 30% off for PSN members:

Skull Girls
Bulletstorm
Sound Shapes

And PS+ members will get Chronovolt for the Vita and NBA Jam on Fire for the PS3 as part of the Instant Game Collection.

Everyone keeps talking about these Death Mode levels, I'm interested to see what they are...some say they're awesome and others curse their existence. Some saying luck plays a big part in completing them, is that true?

It's largely luck-based. I quit because of it, great game though.

#2523 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

They're remixed versions of each level that features just one notable screen where you need to collect all of the notes one-by-one within a time limit, as you only see one at a time and their placement is randomly-generated each time. So it's luck that decides whether you get an easier or harder path to complete that level as fast as possible. Those levels will be what decides whether you get the double platinum or not.

If you want, I can do a quick video of a few of them from the PS3 version.

#2524 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

If you want, I can do a quick video of a few of them from the PS3 version.

Sure, I'd definitely watch if you make one.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2525 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sure, I'd definitely watch if you make one.

They sound more interesting than they're and most of them are luck based.

To put it simply, they're basically a segment of a level where you have like 20 seconds to get all the notes and dying / running out of time is a failure. They range in difficulty, but it shouldn't take more than 3 hours to do all of them. Also I would make a video to show you, but I would have to redownload the game =\.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2526 Tsokolit

Tsokolit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Yes, its a cross buy game for both systems. When you earn trophies just cloud save and they will pop when the other version is loaded with the save.

Great game but the Death Mode levels are stopping me from platinum at the moment.

awesome thx

#2527 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Since the death mode levels are 75% luck based, it actually makes them easy. You just keep playing until you get a good series of notes. Fucking up after you get a good series of notes sucks though.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2528 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

If Sound Shapes is half off, count me in. It being cross-buy seals the deal.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2529 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Since the death mode levels are 75% luck based, it actually makes them easy. You just keep playing until you get a good series of notes. Fucking up after you get a good series of notes sucks though.

Yeah that's the worst when you mess up on a good set of notes. Just seems I'm stuck at a certain point. I will beat the Death Mode eventually. The game was worth the purchase at release plays great on the Vita.

#2530 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Question: could I buy Journey on the vita PSN store and just download on my ps3?

#2531 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Question: could I buy Journey on the vita PSN store and just download on my ps3?

I cannot find it on the vita store so no.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2532 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Is it even on the Vita store?

#2533 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

If Sound Shapes is half off, count me in. It being cross-buy seals the deal.

It is?

#2534 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Journey isn't available for the Vita.

It is?

Yep. It was originally a Vita exclusive, then the dev announced a PS3 port and made it cross-buy.

#2535 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I meant half off.

#2536 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

I meant half off.

For PS+ members, yes. Otherwise, it's 30% off.

#2537 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

For PS+ members, yes. Otherwise, it's 30% off.

Oh cool, I think I'm down for it then. Thanks!

fekhvr.jpg

#2538 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I did a quick run on the easiest Death Mode level in Sounds Shapes. The video is currently processing, so this will be done by about 11:30 PM EST.

#2539 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

kinda wanna buy Journey ..
wish it supported remote play
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#2540 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

kinda wanna buy Journey ..
wish it supported remote play

It's $7, that's the cheapest it'll be for a while. Do yourself a favor and buy it.

#2541 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

For those of us who bought the Journey Collector's Edition for $15 (instead of buying Journey on PSN for $7.35)...

Does anyone know if either (1) the included free month of Playstation Plus (which I thought I read somewhere expires on 12/31/2012) will stack onto an account with an existing Playstation Plus subscription or (2) will the free month code inside of Journey never actually expire (just as most Xbox Live codes with expiration dates never expire)?

#2542 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

For those of us who bought the Journey Collector's Edition for $15 (instead of buying Journey on PSN for $7.35)...

Does anyone know if either (1) the included free month of Playstation Plus (which I thought I read somewhere expires on 12/31/2012) will stack onto an account with an existing Playstation Plus subscription or (2) will the free month code inside of Journey never actually expire (just as most Xbox Live codes with expiration dates never expire)?

(1) Yes it stacks, but it also turns on the auto-renewal for PS+ so make sure to go in and turn that off. (2) The code expires on 3/31/2013 and it will expire on that date. This is a subscription service, not DLC, I doubt Sony would let any codes lapse.

#2543 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Frisky. Honestly, that doesn't look all that fun. I'll give it a shot though.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2544 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

[url]
I did a quick run on the easiest Death Mode level in Sounds Shapes. The video is currently processing, so this will be done by about 11:30 PM EST.

Sound Shapes is literally the only game I was hoping would go on sale. Sort of reminds of Bit.Trip, so I'm all in. :bouncy:

I'll probably better understand once I play, but are you not allowed to stop at anytime in the levels? The objective in your video was to collect the blue discs within the time limit, but why wouldn't you pause between platforms? It was your timing that kept killing you. Maybe I'm stating the obvious.

#2545 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Sound Shapes is literally the only game I was hoping would go on sale. Sort of reminds of Bit.Trip, so I'm all in. :bouncy:

I'll probably better understand once I play, but are you not allowed to stop at anytime in the levels? The objective in your video was to collect the blue discs within the time limit, but why wouldn't you pause between platforms? It was your timing that kept killing you. Maybe I'm stating the obvious.

He only had 27 seconds to get 13 notes. He only would have had very minimal time to stop and wait.

I also think that he felt like he was off the pace a few times, so he jumped without much caution. But I may be wrong on that.

#2546 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

He only had 27 seconds to get 13 notes. He only would have had very minimal time to stop and wait.

I also think that he felt like he was off the pace a few times, so he jumped without much caution. But I may be wrong on that.

Yeah, you're right. I already knew it was timed, but I guess the sense of urgency escaped me because I was only watching it. The final run through where he gets them all had no time left on the clock.

#2547 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, you're right. I already knew it was timed, but I guess the sense of urgency escaped me because I was only watching it. The final run through where he gets them all had no time left on the clock.

There are few Death Mode levels where you can pause and work on timing. It's basically move non stop and if something gets in your way and kills you or you can't help the shitty timing, then you start over. What lessened the frustration for me when going through these is knowing that it's primarily based on luck and they're not very long at all.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2548 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

I do appreciate the fact that there was virtually no loading time in between deaths. If there was even a 3 second load between deaths, it looks like it'd be miserable.

#2549 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I love that Journey goes on sale when i'm broke and goes off sale the day before i'll have money....
Posted Image

#2550 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

bought MGS HD for the Vita at $17.14, hope there's no regrets!

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE