Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2581 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Quick question. If I have less than what the game costs in my wallet, will it require me to add more money to my wallet, like how the 360 works, or can I just pay the difference with my credit card?

You can pay the difference, as long as the difference is greater than $5. $5 is the minimum that can be added to the wallet, so if you have $4.50 and buy a $7.50 game you'll have to add $5 with $2 left over afterwards. If you have $1.50 and go to buy a $7.50 game it will just add $6 and be done with it.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2582 Tuxedo38

Tuxedo38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

You can pay the difference, as long as the difference is greater than $5. $5 is the minimum that can be added to the wallet, so if you have $4.50 and buy a $7.50 game you'll have to add $5 with $2 left over afterwards. If you have $1.50 and go to buy a $7.50 game it will just add $6 and be done with it.

Thanks for the quick response. Going to cave and buy Papo & Yo.

#2583 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Quick question. If I have less than what the game costs in my wallet, will it require me to add more money to my wallet, like how the 360 works, or can I just pay the difference with my credit card?

You can add the difference with your credit card, but if the difference is less than $5, then you must add $5.
[URL="http://pfpowder.com"][/URL]

#2584 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Your prayers have been answered! Tokyo Jungle will be on sale tomorrow. $10.49 for PSN members, and $7 for PS+

Nvm I saw where!

#2585 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Was MGS 2 your first MGS game?

Maybe he just didn't have batshit expectations of being a total badass. And didn't hate that anyone in Raiden's situation has every fucking right to act like a normal human being?

I'd love to see how you'd all react if that was you.

MGS2 is hated for completely illogical and retarded reasons. Much like Twin Snakes, many hate the changed cutscenes, they were originally created to match the originals, but Kojima told the guy to completely change them. And then when people ask why Twin snakes wasn't in the HD collection Kojima is liek "It's not my/our game!/obvious excuse" Even though he had a large enough say in the game to change parts that make people hate the thing.

If you want a Metal Gear to hate, go hate on Snakes Revenge.

#2586 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Maybe he just didn't have batshit expectations of being a total badass. And didn't hate that anyone in Raiden's situation has every fucking right to act like a normal human being?

I'd love to see how you'd all react if that was you.

MGS2 is hated for completely illogical and retarded reasons. Much like Twin Snakes, many hate the changed cutscenes, they were originally created to match the originals, but Kojima told the guy to completely change them. And then when people ask why Twin snakes wasn't in the HD collection Kojima is liek "It's not my/our game!/obvious excuse" Even though he had a large enough say in the game to change parts that make people hate the thing.

If you want a Metal Gear to hate, go hate on Snakes Revenge.

Would you like a hug?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2587 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

You had to move your controller to the second port on the ps1! :)

oddly enough my first playthrough I never did that (and yes I died alot) on my second playthrough I got a call from campbell and told me to switch ports my mind was blown

#2588 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

i checked out the first post and the Two Worlds sale price for Ps plus has no red star next to it,
so its still going to be $5 till Jan 7th right?

#2589 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

someone asked what i mean by "clean up" before

well some of the links in the OP link to october and november stuff, and lists them as new.

don't get why we don't just have one topic for new ps+ stuff (new deals, expiring deals), and one for new psn stuff (weekly deals). there's entirely too much material to sift through and it's all over the place

I think I see the issue you're talking about, which is that the links in the index are to the old thread because Cheapy is the one that created this thread by just using that thread's OP to make a new thread. I'll update those so you no longer have any issues with the thread needing to be "cleaned up". Thanks for explaining what you meant.

This thread originally just had the deals in it, but due to increased interest in PS+ stuff, that was added to the OP. There used to be a specific PS+ thread, but the OP gave up maintaining it and I started covering it due to the wishes of posters here. I don't see a need to take that stuff out of this thread when it's very much tied to the point of this thread.

Edit: It's fixed now.

#2590 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

i checked out the first post and the Two Worlds sale price for Ps plus has no red star next to it,
so its still going to be $5 till Jan 7th right?

Should be good until the 8th at least since it wasn't on the list of PS+ deals ending tomorrow/today.

#2591 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Where was Tokyo Jungle on sale...?

And how long is Journey on sale until?

Thanks!

#2592 deckerro

deckerro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

On the off chance this helps anyone else, be warned that even if you don't have a credit card on file, if you have money in your PSN wallet Sony will go ahead and take that after your free month of plus expires. I was going to buy Journey this morning when I discovered Sony literally took all the money out of my wallet

#2593 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Where was Tokyo Jungle on sale...?

And how long is Journey on sale until?

Thanks!

Journey's on sale until tomorrow (Monday) afternoon when the PS Store is updated.

#2594 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

On the off chance this helps anyone else, be warned that even if you don't have a credit card on file, if you have money in your PSN wallet Sony will go ahead and take that after your free month of plus expires. I was going to buy Journey this morning when I discovered Sony literally took all the money out of my wallet

Should of turned off auto-renew.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2595 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Twas not. I played the first waaaay back in PS days and hated it, so I never bothered with the others on release. Finally got around to playing them this year and love 2, tolerated 3, loved 4, replayed 1 and loved that too. But 2 ends up being my favorite, followed closely by 4.

Interesting, you are a bit of an anomaly to the trend of timing then.

To each own though, of course.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#2596 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

someone asked what i mean by "clean up" before

well some of the links in the OP link to october and november stuff, and lists them as new.

don't get why we don't just have one topic for new ps+ stuff (new deals, expiring deals), and one for new psn stuff (weekly deals). there's entirely too much material to sift through and it's all over the place

I think I see the issue you're talking about, which is that the links in the index are to the old thread because Cheapy is the one that created this thread by just using that thread's OP to make a new thread. I'll update those so you no longer have any issues with the thread needing to be "cleaned up". Thanks for explaining what you meant.

This thread originally just had the deals in it, but due to increased interest in PS+ stuff, that was added to the OP. There used to be a specific PS+ thread, but the OP gave up maintaining it and I started covering it due to the wishes of posters here. I don't see a need to take that stuff out of this thread when it's very much tied to the point of this thread.

Edit: It's fixed now.

Nice job Frisky. I was wondering why those links were to old information, I forgot that Cheapy had basically re-started this thread. (I just noticed they were old when Pravado pointed it out)

Pravado, if you want to just see the new deals for the week, click on the "Full Update Here" link near the top of the OP. As far as I can tell, this should be a full list of all the new deals for the week, and not include any information about deals from previous weeks that are still ongoing.

I definitely don't see a need for a separate PS+ thread, that's just my opinion.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#2597 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Should be good until the 8th at least since it wasn't on the list of PS+ deals ending tomorrow/today.

Thanks frisky, your always very helpful

#2598 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I definitely don't see a need for a separate PS+ thread, that's just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

#2599 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Journey's on sale until tomorrow (Monday) afternoon when the PS Store is updated.

Redeemed my 30 day trial and added money to my wallet and just bought it then! haha

Thanks for the quick response!

#2600 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Ended up grabbing Unit 13 at the last minute. Seemed like a really good price compared to what retail is still going for. Hopefully it doesn't go free for PS+ any time soon.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#2601 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ended up grabbing Unit 13 at the last minute. Seemed like a really good price compared to what retail is still going for. Hopefully it doesn't go free for PS+ any time soon.

Consarnit, meant to do the same before I left for work this morning. Also didn't notice until just now (from the OP) that Smart As is on sale too - I'm a sucker for those sorts of games and totally would've bit at $20. Ah well, I've really got plenty to play on the ol vita anyhow.

Come on PSN web store!

#2602 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Getting antsy for this update already...

Posted Image Posted Image

#2603 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Getting antsy for this update already...

Indeed.

#2604 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hey, so I finally realized that I want Journey, but I'm away from my PS3 for the rest of the day. I do have my Vita on me and my laptop, so is there a way I can get it without being at my PS3?
Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Halo 4 (360)

Recently finished:
Pokemon Black 2 (DS) - 4.5/5

#2605 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hey, so I finally realized that I want Journey, but I'm away from my PS3 for the rest of the day. I do have my Vita on me and my laptop, so is there a way I can get it without being at my PS3?

Mediago on the laptop, if it's windows

#2606 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Mediago on the laptop, if it's windows

So I got MediaGo, but it seems that only PSP games are on the store. Am I missing something?
Currently playing:

Recently finished:

#2607 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sadly no. If the old store was still there you could remote play to your ps3 over the internet and access it, but the new store is not remote play friendly (hell, it's not even ps3 friendly).

#2608 gravel

gravel

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Last week of the holiday sales:

• AR PLAY (Sale: $6.25, PS Plus: $4.38, Regular: $8.94)
  • Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Batman: Arkham City (Sale: $20.99, PS Plus: $14.70, Regular: $29.99)
  • Bulletstorm (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • inFAMOUS 2 (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $19.99)
  • inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony (Sale: $24.99, PS Plus: $17.49, Regular: $35.99)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Skullgirls (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Sound Shapes (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Sound Shapes Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • TOKYO JUNGLE (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Touch My Katamari (Sale: $17.99, PS Plus: $12.25, Regular: $24.99)

Currently Playing
:ps3:
South Park, Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#2609 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Sadly no. If the old store was still there you could remote play to your ps3 over the internet and access it, but the new store is not remote play friendly (hell, it's not even ps3 friendly).

Ah, yeah. I was actually just trying to Remote Play in, but my system is off at home and I don't think I enabled the Remote Start in settings, so it was no dice. Dang. I'm not going to be back home until tomorrow afternoon. What a bummer.
Currently playing:

Recently finished:

#2610 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

With the New Year about to start, we’re setting up one last week of great discounts on your Holiday Essentials – the games that you may not have played yet but wanted to try out. We’ve had two weeks of amazing games at awesome prices and this week is no different. With the last week of our Holiday Essentials sale, we’re bringing you the best of the best for your PS3 and PS Vita to ring in the New Year.

With this week’s lineup, you can feast your ears on Sound Shapes, which features Cross-Buy, meaning that when you purchase either the PS Vita or PS3 version, you get the other version for free. You’ll also be able venture around superhero game Batman: Arkham City, and test your survival skills in action-packed Tokyo Jungle.

Now’s your chance to save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members—on the final week of great games. But like the year 2012, these deals won’t last much longer, so head into the PlayStation Store and pick them up today! These discounts will only be good through 1/7/2013. You can find the full lineup below:

PS3
Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Batman: Arkham City - $20.99 PSN - $14.70 PS+
Bulletstorm - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
inFAMOUS 2 - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.90 PS+
Shadow of the Colossus HD - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Skullgirls - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
Sound Shapes - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+ - Cross Buy
Tokyo Jungle - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+

Vita
AR Play - $6.25 PSN - $4.38 PS+
Lumines Electronic Symphony - $24.99 PSN - $17.49 PS+
Sound Shapes - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+ - Cross Buy
Touch My Katamari - $17.99 PSN - $12.25 PS+

Once you stock up, you’ll be set to start off the New Year right. See you in 2013 for more deals and discounts on some of your favorite games!