Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2641 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

no

Good point! Why didn't I think of that?!

But seriously...Lumines is a waste of money right now. I like the franchise, and I always have, but the new one doesn't add anything that's worth paying over $10 for. Unless you're dying for another Vita game, then avoid this game at that price. There are so many better games you can get for roughly the same price that Lumines is on sale for. You can get MGS HD collection today for the same price as Lumines, and you'll get 2 games that will keep you entertained far longer. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Plants vs. Zombies, Sine Mora, Sound Shapes, Tales from Space, and When Vikings Attack are all cheaper than Lumines and much much better.

Lumines should have been a downloadble title from the beginning with a $14.99 price point.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#2642 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Been working on the PS2 version of Shadow of the Colossus for awhile now. I kind of want ICO HD at that ~$10 price.

Saw people talking about Bulletstorm. Been playing that game recently. Not bad definitely recommend it at the $10 price range.

I'd like someday for the Vita versions of Metal Gear Solid 2/3 HD to be part of the "Instant Game Collection." Just to compliment my PS3 version.

#2643 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

How good exactly is Tokyo Jungle? How many hours, is it very replayable? That's the only thing other than the free games I may get this update.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#2644 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

You do know that it's NBA Jam that's going offline, right? This is NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, which is a different game. It's a shame that you and many others on the PS Blog are making this assumption.

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

No NBA Jam: On Fire Edition on the list, just the rushed retail game that came out a few years ago.

Ah, I didn't realize that they were completely different. I couldn't find any additional info just that same link you had. With all the people on the blog freaking out about it I assumed it was the same game. Well that's at least some good news.

#2645 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Good point! Why didn't I think of that?!

But seriously...Lumines is a waste of money right now. I like the franchise, and I always have, but the new one doesn't add anything that's worth paying over $10 for. Unless you're dying for another Vita game, then avoid this game at that price. There are so many better games you can get for roughly the same price that Lumines is on sale for. You can get MGS HD collection today for the same price as Lumines, and you'll get 2 games that will keep you entertained far longer. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Plants vs. Zombies, Sine Mora, Sound Shapes, Tales from Space, and When Vikings Attack are all cheaper than Lumines and much much better.

Lumines should have been a downloadble title from the beginning with a $14.99 price point.

You should make a clearer point as to whether you're saying it's a bad game that nobody should buy (your first post) or it's a good game that's overpriced (this post). You're contradicting yourself right off the bat.

I can sort of agree with the overpriced point, though I would've been more enthusiastic for it at launch for $20 instead of $40. Ubisoft went nuts with pricing for most of their Vita games at launch, as they could've done better with Lumines, Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter, and Michael Jackson at $20 retail.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2646 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

How good exactly is Tokyo Jungle? How many hours, is it very replayable? That's the only thing other than the free games I may get this update.

Takes about 20hours to get 100%

http://www.ps3trophi...de-roadmap.html

Funny trophy
Posted Image
Mate with a female in SURVIVAL.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2647 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

You do know that it's NBA Jam that's going offline, right? This is NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, which is a different game. It's a shame that you and many others on the PS Blog are making this assumption.

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

No NBA Jam: On Fire Edition on the list, just the rushed retail game that came out a few years ago.

Thanks Frisky. The On Fire Edition is way better than the retail game, for those who care.

Ah, I didn't realize that they were completely different. I couldn't find any additional info just that same link you had. With all the people on the blog freaking out about it I assumed it was the same game. Well that's at least some good news.

People on that blog are so fucking dumb. Cringe-worthy levels of entitlement and stupidity.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2648 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

But seriously...Lumines is a waste of money right now.

My 20 hours and growing of playtime disagree with this. I was more than happy to give my $16 to goHastings for a new copy. ;)

#2649 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

You should make a clearer point as to whether you're saying it's a bad game that nobody should buy (your first post) or it's a good game that's overpriced (this post). You're contradicting yourself right off the bat.

I can sort of agree with the overpriced point, though I would've been more enthusiastic for it at launch for $20 instead of $40. Ubisoft went nuts with pricing for most of their Vita games at launch, as they could've done better with Lumines, Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter, and Michael Jackson at $20 retail.

My problem with Lumines is that the gameplay is boring compared to other similar games. I loved it on PSP but now the genre is filling up and the same game can't hold me over. Sorta like how the Katamari games have gone stale.

#2650 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

It's a game that's all about replay value with a good run through the survival mode taking 30-60 minutes with an animal and a few dozen animals to play through with, so that's a good 40 hours or so if you get caught in the loop of progression. I thought it was a great game worth the $12 it was at launch, especially considering its origins as a retail title.

To explain that more clearly, the progression system in the game is all about playing through the survival mode (the main mode in the game) with an animal and completing the objectives needed to unlock the next animal. So on and so forth until you've got them all if you're hooked since there's a nice progression of power, skills, and stakes with each new animal. Doing that also unlocks news levels in the story mode, which is sort of about the main Pomeranian "character" transitioning from cute pet to surviving in the urban jungle of Tokyo.

I did a gameplay video of a run with the cat to give you an idea of what to expect from that:

#2651 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Sorry, let me try to rephrase then. Lumines is not a bad game. Sorry if I said that before. It's very much a good game. However, it's nothing more than these arcade/puzzle type of games that get released on PSN, and shouldn't carry the price tag of a full-fledged retail game, because it's not. Ubisoft is nuts to think that this game should be anything over $15 normal price.

Like I said, if you're dying for something on Vita, and you've played everything else, then get Lumines. If not, then just wait it out.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#2652 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

My problem with Lumines is that the gameplay is boring compared to other similar games. I loved it on PSP but now the genre is filling up and the same game can't hold me over. Sorta like how the Katamari games have gone stale.

I definitely don't agree. It's the kind of game where if I start it up, I'm not going to do anything else for at least an hour due to the addictiveness of the game. I also just picked up Touch My Katamari because I've been craving a Katamari game and the demo was fun.

#2653 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

First thought this morning was to purchase Unit 13 before the sale ended.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2654 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Lumines won't be part of the sale.

#2655 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Lumines won't be part of the sale.

It still will be on sale though, just not part of the Holiday sale and no extra discount for PS+. More than likely it'll be $24.99, which is still way too high for me personally.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-796572

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2656 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-796708

Lumines ES is still going to be on sale. There's just no PS+ discount for it.

#2657 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

It's a game that's all about replay value with a good run through the survival mode taking 30-60 minutes with an animal and a few dozen animals to play through with, so that's a good 40 hours or so if you get caught in the loop of progression. I thought it was a great game worth the $12 it was at launch, especially considering its origins as a retail title.

To explain that more clearly, the progression system in the game is all about playing through the survival mode (the main mode in the game) with an animal and completing the objectives needed to unlock the next animal. So on and so forth until you've got them all if you're hooked since there's a nice progression of power, skills, and stakes with each new animal. Doing that also unlocks news levels in the story mode, which is sort of about the main Pomeranian "character" transitioning from cute pet to surviving in the urban jungle of Tokyo.

I did a gameplay video of a run with the cat to give you an idea of what to expect from that:

Thanks RPG, and thanks Frisky for the video! It actually looks pretty fun. Thanks for clarifying what "Survival" was too, that's usually a different type of mode in games, one I don't care for. xD

Will probably pick this up now.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#2658 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

That's really a decent price on Katamari. The game plays well on the Vita (I haven't gotten to spend too much time with it yet though). My understanding is that it's on the short side or has some DLC hook or something, but I can't confirm or deny so do your homework. Nonetheless, hooray Tokyo Jungle! I think the digital discounts are really promising even if they're not usually for me. $15 for Batman AC? $8 for Skullgirls? $10 for Shadow of the Colossus? For those that prefer a digital library, it really seems like Sony is making a play for their business (at least in comparison to XBL's winter sale which is also really decent).

People bitch too much.

I accidentally read the PS blog comments and now I just feel antsy and pissed off.

#2659 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Sounds Shapes being cross buy makes the purchase a no-brainer. I'll have to think about Tokyo Jungle, is there a demo for it? I'm also really glad Katamari went on sale. I love the Katamari games and have been waiting for a good deal on the retail copy ever since I got my Vita, but this is even better since it's a great game to just be able to pick up and play whenever.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2660 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Damn, already have Skullgirls & Tokyo Jungle (plus Shadow of the Colossus on disc), both of which for their prices (especially PS+) I can recommend. Still need to get around to trying the demo for Sound Shapes.

Since it's cross buy, am I able to transfer my save data over to one version to another, like PS All-Stars, but still have to earn the trophies on each version separately?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2661 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

for touch my Katamari
I know there are 9 DLCs

but only 2 shows up on search menu,
are 7 of the DLC gone from PSN store?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#2662 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Damn, already have Skullgirls & Tokyo Jungle (plus Shadow of the Colossus on disc), both of which for their prices (especially PS+) I can recommend. Still need to get around to trying the demo for Sound Shapes.

Since it's cross buy, am I able to transfer my save data over to one version to another, like PS All-Stars, but still have to earn the trophies on each version separately?

If u complete vita for example then cloud sync with ps3 u will get 34 blings in a row.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

#2663 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

It supports Cross Save (via cloud save in-game) and Cross Trophies (double platinums).

#2664 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sound Shapes save will automatically unlock trophies on the other version. So if you platinum one just load the save and the other is platinum'd.

#2665 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

What is this?

AR PLAY (Sale: $6.25, PS Plus: $4.38, Regular: $8.94)

#2666 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

What is this?

AR PLAY (Sale: $6.25, PS Plus: $4.38, Regular: $8.94)

http://us.playstatio...ita-app-ar.html

rpg49ers.png

#2667 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

http://us.playstatio...ita-app-ar.html

So, maybe it will be all 3 of the paid AR games combined? If so I'll definitely be getting that too.

Wait, the 3 paid games are only $1.99 each. Hmm...

#2668 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

isn't the jetpack thing supposed to be free today?

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#2669 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Does Tokyo Jungle support remote play? If so, I'm all over it. Looks super interesting.

#2670 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

isn't the jetpack thing supposed to be free today?

I wad wondering about that too.