Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2701 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Frisky, make sure you note that Dokuro - $9.99 sale ends next week too. Don't need people complaining the sale ended (when they had 3 weeks) and it isn't on the store anymore.

Thanks for reminder, I really should buy it, but feels like this will be a PS+ freebie in the future...

#2702 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

LOL. Is it really that bad?

Enjoy.

#2703 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

To those confused, NBA Jam, the disc based version is having its online servers taken offline on Jan 11th.

NBA Jam on Fire edition is the SAME game, but more modes, which had a PSN only release (probably because NBA Jam shouldnt have been a full retail disc release)

So if anyone tells you PS+ gave you a game whose online mode is being taken aware are DEAD WRONG

I understand that you're saying it's the same basic game, but the removal of Remix Tour mode means that it's quite a different game as far as single-player is concerned.

However, it's a huge improvement over what NFL Blitz offered to solo players, which was just MK-style arcade mode and exhibition.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2704 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for reminder, I really should buy it, but feels like this will be a PS+ freebie in the future...

The same thing can be said for any other game in the store though. The thing you have to ask yourself is it worth playing now (also owning) and not waiting. You could end up waiting 3, 6, or even 12 months before it gets offered, or it never does. By then, if it isn't offered you might completely forget about it or lose interest because of other games. It just comes down to if you really have an interest in playing it sooner rather than later, or at all.

You also have to consider we have no idea really what Sony will be offering with the Vita IGC anyway. It could end up being more like Big Sky Infinity and Chronovolt which are new games as they roll out, or even let them put more PSP games on it.

You still have a week to think about it anyway. It really comes down to the developer and if they want to put there game up on IGC, which we will never know until it actually happens.

RPGHope18.png

#2705 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Anyone know if Skullgirls is best played on PS3 or Steam?

As of right now, PS3 is better, because the PC version hasn't even been released yet!

#2706 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

The same thing can be said for any other game in the store though. The thing you have to ask yourself is it worth playing now (also owning) and not waiting. You could end up waiting 3, 6, or even 12 months before it gets offered, or it never does. By then, if it isn't offered you might completely forget about it or lose interest because of other games. It just comes down to if you really have an interest in playing it sooner rather than later, or at all.

You also have to consider we have no idea really what Sony will be offering with the Vita IGC anyway. It could end up being more like Big Sky Infinity and Chronovolt which are new games as they roll out, or even let them put more PSP games on it.

You still have a week to think about it anyway. It really comes down to the developer and if they want to put there game up on IGC, which we will never know until it actually happens.

The way I see it, they already gave out the best retail games..figures well get a bunch of psn only titles for a while that few want/know about...

#2707 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Enjoy.

I have yet to see anything of (post patch) Amy that depicts a genuinely good reason for all the over-the-top hate. For anyone that's really played both, how does Amy honestly hold up against RE:ORC?

p.s. I picked RE:ORC because that's the other game people seem to just hate with a bizarre amount of ferocity. I don't have anything specific against RE:ORC.

#2708 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

If I were to only get one of the two, would you recommend Dokuro or Sound Shapes? Disregard the fact that one is cross-buy while the other is not and pretend they're the same price.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2709 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

If I were to only get one of the two, would you recommend Dokuro or Sound Shapes? Disregard the fact that one is cross-buy while the other is not and pretend they're the same price.

I felt sound shapes was a little overrated- that said I never played Dokuro

#2710 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm hating using the rear touchpad to control jet pack joyride

#2711 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm hating using the rear touchpad to control jet pack joyride

then use the front

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png?44341065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2712 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Another pathetic update. Sony continues to troll it's North American customers with these terrible PS+ games.
tl

#2713 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Sound Shapes has like 15 stages and just as many "death stages". This game can be platinumed in 4 hours, which is mostly due to how long the death stages take you. Also there are community stages I believe, but I can only talk about things you'll 100% experience.

Dokuto has 147 puzzles (I believe) and will most likely take you a lot longer to figure everything out. There are also a few bosses and some challenging trophies to test your skills.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2714 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I have yet to see anything of (post patch) Amy that depicts a genuinely good reason for all the over-the-top hate. For anyone that's really played both, how does Amy honestly hold up against RE:ORC?

p.s. I picked RE:ORC because that's the other game people seem to just hate with a bizarre amount of ferocity. I don't have anything specific against RE:ORC.

Amy was pretty awful from what I played, I actually managed to beat RE:ORC because I like RE and sadly, in retrospect, it was better than 6. I don't think I could have played through all of Amy if I tried.

#2715 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

I would have bit if the Lumines ps+ sale. oh wellz...iv only heard good things but if mgs 2/3 for $17 and unit 13 for $13 are out of my price range, lumines for $20 is def out...

and i was in the minority that thought re orc was ok. i liked it more than re6 anyway. i got 2 copies for co op play, but the free time hasnt come up yet...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2716 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

then use the front

Ah, didn't know that was an option

#2717 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

They dropped the ball so hard by removing the Lumines PS+ sale.

Yeah I had it on my buy list for $17 but $21 is enough for me to wait for it to drop.

Just getting the free stuff and Tokyo jungle and sound shapes. Could of had more of my money Sony...

#2718 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

NBA Jam was already a PS+ offering too, bummer

#2719 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Renewing my PS+ today and probably buying Bulletstorm, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed 2.

Having not finished the first Assassin's Creed, will I miss anything going into the second? I own the first still, I've just never finished it.

#2720 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

As of right now, PS3 is better, because the PC version hasn't even been released yet!

Thanks. Weird, I must have confused Skullgirls with something else when I was searching Steam last night.

#2721 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Any opinions on Touch my Katamari? I love the series, but I heard this one was a cheap cash-in. And it only has 12 trophies.....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2722 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Tokyo Jungle is very tempting but I'm still worried I won't like it past the face value. :\

#2723 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

i would skip touch my katamari. i had all the katamari games for ps2/3. but this one is just not the best. i rented it from gamefly for the past month and my kids and i are ready to send back. also very tough trophies. i almost bit, but my kids are like, don't do it. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2724 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Renewing my PS+ today and probably buying Bulletstorm, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed 2.

Having not finished the first Assassin's Creed, will I miss anything going into the second? I own the first still, I've just never finished it.

Bad decision.

Both Arkham City & Bulletstorm are free on EU PS+. They get way better games and way better discounts than the crap they serve us for North American PS+
tl

#2725 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've tried on three separate occasions to finish the first AC and it just gets too repetitive. The second one is great though.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2726 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Personally, I liked ORC too, but I could see how some wouldn't. It's like Left 4 Dead in the RE universe.

Picked up NBA Jam though!

#2727 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Silly question here, but is there any place(sony.com or playstation.com) to get the sale prices on games from the past week's sales(12/24-12/30 week) after the week's sale is expired? I really wanted MG collection HD and Unit 13 for the Vita but missed it since the store updated at some point in the last few hours. I didn't know if anyone here from CAG ever tried before to contact Sony and have them honor a sale price if someone just missed the store updating to the new week's sales.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2728 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Silly question here, but is there any place(sony.com or playstation.com) to get the sale prices on games from the past week's sales(12/24-12/30 week) after the week's sale is expired? I really wanted MG collection HD and Unit 13 for the Vita but missed it since the store updated at some point in the last few hours. I didn't know if anyone here from CAG ever tried before to contact Sony and have them honor a sale price if someone just missed the store updating to the new week's sales.

Thanks in advance for any help!

no

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png?44341065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2729 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

i would skip touch my katamari. i had all the katamari games for ps2/3. but this one is just not the best. i rented it from gamefly for the past month and my kids and i are ready to send back. also very tough trophies. i almost bit, but my kids are like, don't do it. lol

What ones were hard?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2730 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

NBA Jam was already a PS+ offering too, bummer

Wrong.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif