Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2731 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Jetpack Joyride is pretty cool. Nice addition me thinks.

#2732 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

What ones were hard?

I think he means time consuming.

List looks easy

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2733 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I think he means time consuming.

List looks easy

i got the 100% in like 5 days... so I was trying to figure out what ones were hard, since I thought they were easy.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2734 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Renewing my PS+ today and probably buying Bulletstorm, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed 2.

Having not finished the first Assassin's Creed, will I miss anything going into the second? I own the first still, I've just never finished it.

You'll miss a little bit of outside the Animus stuff, but they'll catch you up with it early on. You can just read the wiki page to get a summary of the story anyway.

NBA Jam was already a PS+ offering too, bummer

No, it wasn't. Just check the OP for confirmation:

http://www.cheapassg...430&postcount=7

If you got it from PS+, it's probably due to a sale on it within the past year.

I'm hating using the rear touchpad to control jet pack joyride

You can turn it off from the first main menu (click the home button if you're on the other main menu).

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 31 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2735 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Does CAG have a trophy bragging thread? Could probably use one.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=188721

#2736 TheFirstAvenger

TheFirstAvenger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Bulletstorm for $9.80... hmm. I remember hearing about it when it came out but never really payed attention. Is it worth the price? I'm desperate to play a new game, but all the ones I currently want are over $40.

Also tempted to buy Assassin's Creed II. Never played any of them, but it's hard to say no to it at less than $10!

#2737 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

NBA Jam was already a PS+ offering too, bummer

Wrong.

No, it wasn't. Just check the OP for confirmation:

http://www.cheapassg...430&postcount=7

If you got it from PS+, it's probably due to a sale on it within the past year.

Yeah, damn you guys called me out. Sorry, I was in a restaurant and couldn't check my excel sheet, but yes, got it from a sale $7.34 from MSRP of $10.49 in July. Guess the nostalgia factor and wallet money laying around made me buy it, I don't think I've even put 5 mins into it since I bought it..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#2738 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Bulletstorm for $9.80... hmm. I remember hearing about it when it came out but never really payed attention. Is it worth the price? I'm desperate to play a new game, but all the ones I currently want are over $40.

Also tempted to buy Assassin's Creed II. Never played any of them, but it's hard to say no to it at less than $10!

I loved Bulletstorm, I mean the drilldo skillshot still makes me laugh. The story is pretty silly and the ending was quite funny. In all and all I liked it, but many people disliked it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2739 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

The game has a lot of skillshots that u can use to kill enemies and have fun.

buy it

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

#2740 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I beat AC1 back on 360 when I first bought my 360 years ago and then just recently beat AC 3.

Bought AC 3 + Liberation for $60 during the flash sale and bought Revelations from Gamefly which includes a copy of AC 1. Now, I'm just missing AC 2 & Brotherhood.

Been wanting to go back and play through the whole trilogy. I don't think I will be finding AC 2 any cheaper than the PS Plus price so I'm going to grab that.

Now for Brotherhood....

(Wish i didn't buy Revelations. I really like that Ezio Trilogy)

EDIT: What DLC comes with AC 2 Deluxe compared to the DLC that comes in the Ezio Trilogy? I have a few Amazon giftcards coming and might just hold off for the trilogy if it has more DLC.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#2741 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Is Jetpack Joyride a PSN title or Mini?
Posted Image

#2742 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

It's a PS3 or Vita PSN title, though there is also a lesser Minis version that costs money.

#2743 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I was hoping sony would surprise with an amazing last week. Alas, the last week is pretty booboo

#2744 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

yeah bulletstorm is too awesome. i loved every minute of that game. oh wait, besides the 10 hours straight i spent boosting the online trophies. shitdicks, lol

also, just to clarify, i have never played the vita katamari game. i got it from gamefly and my daughters have played it for the past month. lots of the trophies seem to be collectibles/etc. They have only got 20% in the past 30days, compared to admiralvics 100% in 5 days. obviously he is better at getting trophies then my kids are. i really just have no interest in playing it, but i guess i will spend a day or two trying to get some trophies if they are non-time consuming and easy as per advic. peace all and happy new years

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2745 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I beat AC1 back on 360 when I first bought my 360 years ago and then just recently beat AC 3.

Bought AC 3 + Liberation for $60 during the flash sale and bought Revelations from Gamefly which includes a copy of AC 1. Now, I'm just missing AC 2 & Brotherhood.

Been wanting to go back and play through the whole trilogy. I don't think I will be finding AC 2 any cheaper than the PS Plus price so I'm going to grab that.

Now for Brotherhood....

(Wish i didn't buy Revelations. I really like that Ezio Trilogy)

EDIT: What DLC comes with AC 2 Deluxe compared to the DLC that comes in the Ezio Trilogy? I have a few Amazon giftcards coming and might just hold off for the trilogy if it has more DLC.

The Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy will include all downloadable content for Assassin's Creed II, but none for Brotherhood or Revelations.

http://www.gamespot....-nov-13-6397226

AC2 dlc
The Battle of Forlì - Sequence 12
Bonfire of the Vanities - Sequence 13

#2746 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

i would skip touch my katamari. i had all the katamari games for ps2/3. but this one is just not the best. i rented it from gamefly for the past month and my kids and i are ready to send back. also very tough trophies. i almost bit, but my kids are like, don't do it. lol

Trophies for TMK are all easily gotten, only one takes time (requiring you to buy an item worth 76,500 AFTER you buy all other items) and that can be done with a little planning if you can maintain the x3 multiplier. Every other trophy for collectibles is easily completed in eternal mode (and if you wait to complete the lists with their big bonuses until you have the x3 you'll get the last trophy no problem)

#2747 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

It's a PS3 or Vita PSN title, though there is also a lesser Minis version that costs money.

thanks. Was wondering if it had trophies or not but that answers that
Posted Image

#2748 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

yeah bulletstorm is too awesome. i loved every minute of that game. oh wait, besides the 10 hours straight i spent boosting the online trophies. shitdicks, lol

also, just to clarify, i have never played the vita katamari game. i got it from gamefly and my daughters have played it for the past month. lots of the trophies seem to be collectibles/etc. They have only got 20% in the past 30days, compared to admiralvics 100% in 5 days. obviously he is better at getting trophies then my kids are. i really just have no interest in playing it, but i guess i will spend a day or two trying to get some trophies if they are non-time consuming and easy as per advic. peace all and happy new years

I wrote a trophy guide, so it's not too bad.

#2749 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hmm, I'll be tempted by SOTC HD remake for under $10. That's one I've never played but heard all the hype surrounding it...

AdmrlBalls.png

#2750 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Wow, definitely disappointing on the free games front as well as Lumines. Oh well, I have plenty to play still.

#2751 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

The Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy will include all downloadable content for Assassin's Creed II, but none for Brotherhood or Revelations.

http://www.gamespot....-nov-13-6397226

AC2 dlc
The Battle of Forlì - Sequence 12
Bonfire of the Vanities - Sequence 13

Lame. I guess that means I can go ahead and bite on AC2 Deluxe cause from my understanding it comes with that same DLC and I'll pick Brotherhood up some time down the road.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#2752 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

where is the okami sale?

epic fail

#2753 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

sound shapes and tokyo jungle = a great sale for me

#2754 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is it me or is just cause 2 pretty cheap...

#2755 Mando44646

Mando44646

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Anyone have any idea why Lumines is not offered for the PS+ sale price?

#2756 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

where is the okami sale?

epic fail

There never was one.
Posted Image

#2757 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Bad decision.

Both Arkham City & Bulletstorm are free on EU PS+. They get way better games and way better discounts than the crap they serve us for North American PS+

Which is great if I lived in the EU and had access to an EU PS+ account. I don't though.

#2758 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

WTF? Tokyo Jungle DOES NOT SUPPORT REMOTE PLAY?

" The content cannot be used during remote play."
What in the hell...?
I was sure this game supported remote play option

edit : you just have to update the software on PS3

Edited by Kstyle, 01 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#2759 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Wow, definitely disappointing on the free games front as well as Lumines. Oh well, I have plenty to play still.

How can it really be disappointing when we're getting free games just about every week for PS3 and Vita now? PS+ is just such a great value even if Sony doesn't happen to pick what you had in mind.

It must be that Yankees fan entitled mentality! :lol:

#2760 blitzbllmstr

blitzbllmstr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

How can it really be disappointing when we're getting free games just about every week for PS3 and Vita now? PS+ is just such a great value even if Sony doesn't happen to pick what you had in mind.

It must be that Yankees fan entitled mentality! :lol:

Quanity does not equal quality, a shitty vita game and medicore PS3 game vs a AAA title and a AA title that Europe got.

the majority of problems people have with the NA PS+ free games is the quality of them have been subpar. There has also been numerous repeats of games that are being offered as free.
I haven't paid full price for a game since Dec 2005