Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#2911 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

NOOO!!! I wanted Journey, just picked up a $20 card cause I returned a game I got as a gift, that's what I get for being lazy...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#2912 RugerRellP89

RugerRellP89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

You guys think it's safe to buy Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on the Vita for $14.99 or do you think it will be free on PS Plus? Thanks

#2913 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

You guys think it's safe to buy Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on the Vita for $14.99 or do you think it will be free on PS Plus? Thanks

Well EU got the PS3 version for free at the start of the IGC... so it is like 1% more likely than anything else on the PSN (though this really only helps the PS3 version). Either or, I think it's safe to assume that any PSN game could be free at some point, though I like to believe free games won't go free again.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2914 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

They still haven't lowered the price of Lumines to $17 for Plus subscribers. It's still showing up as $20.
Posted Image

#2915 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

They still haven't lowered the price of Lumines to $17 for Plus subscribers. It's still showing up as $20.

What a slap in the face.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2916 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

I would check the last several pages...

#2917 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

I would check the last several pages...

I wouldn't even bother responding to him. It's pretty clear that he doesn't actually do any reading in this thread.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2918 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Seems like it might be possible that it becomes free at some point. Then again, the exact same could be said about every game on the PS Store.

Since this is CAG, I don't really recommend buying any game at full price.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2919 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Is the DLC on ASSCreed 2 worth it? I have the disc version with no dlc.

#2920 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

only reason i bought the leo davinci dlc was cuz people said some flying apparatus trophy was very missable without it... so id probly say not worth it... but i have not played it yet.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2921 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

That's the final price. On the blog, they corrected their mistake, Lumines isn't apart of the PS+ sale.

#2922 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

What a slap in the face.

Remember when Bugs Bunny would put the brick in the white glove and slap Daffy Duck with it? Yea...kinda like that. :D

#2923 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just spend the $20 and get the Pull 'n Go Folio from either Amazon or Gamestop.

Even if you never want to carry the big case itself, it's a good place to store extra games and the cables. And the removable case is about as slim as you'll manage while offering protection (plus some extra game storage).

It's not like it's a small system, so any case will seem bulky.

Cosigning the pull n go, it's so good. The mini case that holds 5 extra games is like a traveling case if you don't want the large case on at all times

It's a really sturdy and nice looking case worth $20, easily will be used by me forever

#2924 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Is this legit? Kind of a burn to the holiday sale buyers who are also ps+ members

Free Mortal Kombat?!

#2925 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Cosigning the pull n go, it's so good. The mini case that holds 5 extra games is like a traveling case if you don't want the large case on at all times

It's a really sturdy and nice looking case worth $20, easily will be used by me forever

i've yet to see the pull n go in person. is the mini case large enough to hold the vita and any set of grips? i've had my eye open for a smallish case that'll fit grips as well - darn my massive hands.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#2926 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

i've yet to see the pull n go in person. is the mini case large enough to hold the vita and any set of grips? i've had my eye open for a smallish case that'll fit grips as well - darn my massive hands.

No, the mini case does not have grips. The case is great except for that drawback. I have yet to find any case that works decently with grips. I have considered removing the mini case on the Pull and Go and adding something like velcro straps in its place to hold the Vita with grips, but that seems like a fairly weak solution.

EDIT: I meant to say "...the mini case does not have ROOM for grips..."

Edited by WNYX585AM, 03 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#2927 Speschal K

Speschal K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Is this legit? Kind of a burn to the holiday sale buyers who are also ps+ members

Free Mortal Kombat?!

Still showing full price for me.

#2928 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Free Mortal Kombat?!

I would assume that was a late to the party EU PS+ note, but if it for some reason has become free to the US I wouldn't complain.

MildObstruction.png

#2929 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

No, the mini case does not have grips. The case is great except for that drawback. I have yet to find any case that works decently with grips. I have considered removing the mini case on the Pull and Go and adding something like velcro straps in its place to hold the Vita with grips, but that seems like a fairly weak solution.

hrm. you'd think hori or one of the aftermarket grip makers would cash in on demand for a simple protective vita zip-case with room for the grips they sell in it. zero luck finding such a thing, even via import, so far.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#2930 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Free Mortal Kombat?!

Clicking through to their blog it's definitely a UK site. They're talking about EU PS+.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2931 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

only reason i bought the leo davinci dlc was cuz people said some flying apparatus trophy was very missable without it... so id probly say not worth it... but i have not played it yet.

thanx

#2932 rpg

rpg

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Is the DLC on ASSCreed 2 worth it? I have the disc version with no dlc.

ac2 dlc is terrible avoid it

acbrotherhood has da vinci disappearance and is very good

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2933 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Bought Tokyo Jungle this morning along with a 3 month PS+ subscription. I don't really play my ps3 enough to plunk down $50 of my PSN $ at once, but 3 months should be enough time to enjoy what I've already got free in the meantime.

I've got $40 left, can't decide what to spend it on. Considering Arkham City, AC2, and Bulletstorm.

#2934 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Bought Tokyo Jungle this morning along with a 3 month PS+ subscription. I don't really play my ps3 enough to plunk down $50 of my PSN $ at once, but 3 months should be enough time to enjoy what I've already got free in the meantime.

I've got $40 left, can't decide what to spend it on. Considering Arkham City, AC2, and Bulletstorm.

Arkham City for $15 is ridonkulous. Buy it now!

#2935 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Of those my favorite was AC2. But Arkham City was really good too. And that's a really good price too. It'd just depend on my mood at the time which one I'd buy.

#2936 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Demon Souls coming next week for $20.

#2937 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I wouldn't mind that game ending up free for PS+ at some point. Not exactly my type of game, but I'd definitely check it out if it ever finds its way to the IGC.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2938 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

proof or lies

#2939 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I urge everyone to buy Sound Shapes. What an outstanding game.

#2940 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Demon's Souls is coming to PSN next week for $19.99:

Celebrate With ATLUS By Experiencing a Pure White World Tendency Event from 1/8 - 1/14

ATLUS, the video game publishing brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., today announced that Demon's Souls, the award-winning action RPG for PlayStation®3 (PS3) Computer Entertainment System, will be coming in downloadable form to the PlayStation®Network (PSN) on 1/8/13 for $19.99.

To celebrate the release of Demon's Souls on PSN, ATLUS is hosting a World Tendency Event for one week starting on 1/8/13 and ending on 1/14/13, setting the servers to Pure White. For those that haven't played the game (or simply need a refresher), Pure White Tendency brings a number of changes to the game. For one, the game will be adjusted to an easier difficulty setting, where enemies will have decreased HP, attack power, and defense, while players will inflict more damage when attacking. Pure White Tendency is a rare occurance in the game so this is a great way for newcomers to learn the gameplay and immerse themselves in the world of Demon's Souls. Additionally, enemies will drop fewer upgrade stones and more healing items. New areas and special NPCs will also be open; players just need to know where to find them.

For the game's original launch on PS3, Demon's Souls earned GameSpot's "Game of the Year" award, along with "Best PS3 RPG" from IGN, and "Best RPG" and "Best New IP" from GameTrailers.com. The title received critical praise from top media:

"If you like RPGs in general, you'll find one of the better, most challenging quests of your life" - 1UP (A)

"One of the first truly great Japanese RPGs of this generation, and certainly the most remarkable." - Game Informer (9/10)

"Hands-down one of the most unique and rewarding games you'll ever play." - IGN (9.4/10)

Demon's Souls brings revolutionary online features support with seamless interconnectivity to enhance the single-player game. Team up with two other players in simultaneous cooperative play, working together to topple some of the game's colossal bosses, or force your way into the games of skilled players and challenge them to PvP battle. Leave hints and clues for those who will follow in your footsteps; either intentionally or through your own inadvertent demise, your bloodstains will allow your successors to view a replay of your death, hinting at how to avoid your gruesome fate. Unprecedented in its depth and subtlety, peerless in its relentlessly challenging gameplay, Demon's Souls is the ultimate action RPG.

About Demon's Souls
King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.

Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria's fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness...

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki