Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2941 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

ok then. i want that game but $20 for a game that old is a little too much for my blood

#2942 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://blog.us.plays...on-psn-tuesday/
There y'all go

fekhvr.jpg

#2943 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

that's a lil rough. you can get dark souls for that price can't ya?
im not complaining, i love that game so much, but for a game that is heavily invested with multiplayer elements and twice they have said they are shutting down only to keep the servers going... hopefully this means they will keep the servers on longer. id love to start over and go noob hunting ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2944 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Last night four titles from the current Instant Game Collection reverted to trial status for me, (Payday, DD:Neon, Dungeon Defenders, and Scot Pilgrim). My PS+ is active so it wasn't that big of a deal as they are all still currently offered so I was able to just re download the unlock for the full game for each. Still, it was annoying. Anybody else ever have this happen?
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#2945 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

that's a lil rough. you can get dark souls for that price can't ya?
im not complaining, i love that game so much, but for a game that is heavily invested with multiplayer elements and twice they have said they are shutting down only to keep the servers going... hopefully this means they will keep the servers on longer. id love to start over and go noob hunting ;)

They plan to keep the servers up indefinitely. http://blog.us.plays...#comment-797490

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2946 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

i got plus primary for the discounts. i'm going to stop downloading the free games i want to buy later on because plus won't let you buy previous free games you downloaded when they are discounted later on. damn i'm pissed i couldn't buy some discounted games because i already got them for "free."

#2947 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Last night four titles from the current Instant Game Collection reverted to trial status for me, (Payday, DD:Neon, Dungeon Defenders, and Scot Pilgrim). My PS+ is active so it wasn't that big of a deal as they are all still currently offered so I was able to just re download the unlock for the full game for each. Still, it was annoying. Anybody else ever have this happen?

Did you renew your sub since those games were first offered?

#2948 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Demon Souls coming next week for $20.

Best Ps3 exclusive IMO.
I don't mean to be a prick but how is this good news at the PSN US Blog?
Since a long time ago you can buy a physical copy of this game (brand new) for $19.99 or much less at Amazon and other retailers. The PSN managers may think that we are stupid or that we live in a bubble and isolated from the rest of the world.
Posted Image

#2949 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Why wouldn't the digital release of a beloved game be good news? More people will have access to it now, especially those that were on the fence and could never pull the trigger on a physical copy. The price is Atlus' decision to make, not the people running the PS Store, so wait for the next round of Atlus sales later this year if you want it for cheaper than that.

#2950 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

indefinately! that is most awesome. i havnt even played in forever but i always got disheartened when they would announce closing the servers. I hate game like lotr conquest where 1/2 the games trophies/and gameplay is never to be experienced again. that is most awesome tho. hopefully this will bring more players to the game, ps+ freebie would be great, but 20 is still awesome and to have it on the system all the time is a convenience ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2951 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

With the Pure White world I might have to start playing my copy finally. Sounds like it will be a little easier to get a grip on out of the gate. I know some love the unrelenting difficulty but I won't mind a little relief to get going first.

#2952 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Been trying to play Chronovolt. I give up with this game. The camera is bloody terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if they would patch it.

XSEED needs to have a PSN sale. >_>

#2953 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Why wouldn't the digital release of a beloved game be good news? More people will have access to it now, especially those that were on the fence and could never pull the trigger on a physical copy. The price is Atlus' decision to make, not the people running the PS Store, so wait for the next round of Atlus sales later this year if you want it for cheaper than that.

I love everything about Demon's Souls, the only think I hate about that announcement is that ridiculous price tag. I still have my physical copy (next to my Dark Souls CE), being one of the few games I haven't sale, gift or trade, so I will wait until it gets free as part of the IGC, my plus ends on Aug 2014 so time is at my side.
And sorry but my tiny winy brain still don't process that part of prefering owning digital over physical copies of the same video game.
Posted Image

#2954 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

With the Pure White world I might have to start playing my copy finally. Sounds like it will be a little easier to get a grip on out of the gate. I know some love the unrelenting difficulty but I won't mind a little relief to get going first.

Even in Pure White world tendency there will be plenty deaths. I remember when I experienced Pure Black and I died way more. Just don't give up and summon people when you need help. The Demon Souls Wiki will also be a big help.

#2955 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I love everything about Demon's Souls, the only think I hate about that announcement is that ridiculous price tag. I still have my physical copy (next to my Dark Souls CE), being one of the few games I haven't sale, gift or trade, so I will wait until it gets free as part of the IGC, my plus ends on Aug 2014 so time is at my side.
And sorry but my tiny winy brain still don't process that part of prefering owning digital over physical copies of the same video game.

$19.99 is the MSRP, which is usually where digital prices start.

#2956 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have a physical copy of Demon's Souls, but if it ever goes on sale, I'll pick it up and give my physical copy away. Fucking great game.

#2957 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Been trying to play Chronovolt. I give up with this game. The camera is bloody terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if they would patch it.

I've had basically zero problems with the camera. It controls perfectly fine for me. The only minor irritant is that sometimes other parts of the level block the view for a second, but they quickly fade out.

I think Chronovolt got a bum rap. Sure, it's a little derivative and a little light on content, but it does only cost $5 regularly and I'd easily give it a 7/10.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2958 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

i've yet to see the pull n go in person. is the mini case large enough to hold the vita and any set of grips? i've had my eye open for a smallish case that'll fit grips as well - darn my massive hands.

I've seen it in store at Gamestop and Frys. Both had them for $20 when I looked.

As for ones that will fit the grip...The Sony carrying case is open on the sides and bottom so maybe that's a possibility? The open design won't offer complete protection but might allow you to use both the grip and the case at the same time.

The Sony travel pouch is another possibility. It has a second pocket for accessories so maybe the grip will fit in there?

#2959 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Recently got a ps3 (for GTA5, Dust514), and a Vita (for travel), havnt really bought anything console related for six?+ years. Im primarely a PC gamer, i buy a lot of games, i play a lot of games. When both of my purchasing options are digital (ps3/v or pc) its so hard justifying buying anything on PSN when all of the same games on PC (usually more optimized) are so much cheaper.

Anyone have a good reason to buy digital on psn, besides playing on the big screen? Which I can do anyway, with an xbox/ps3 controller and hdmi cord from my PC.

#2960 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Recently got a ps3 (for GTA5, Dust514), and a Vita (for travel), havnt really bought anything console related for six?+ years. Im primarely a PC gamer, i buy a lot of games, i play a lot of games. When both of my purchasing options are digital (ps3/v or pc) its so hard justifying buying anything on PSN when all of the same games on PC (usually more optimized) are so much cheaper.

Anyone have a good reason to buy digital on psn, besides playing on the big screen? Which I can do anyway, with an xbox/ps3 controller and hdmi cord from my PC.

Well it's going to come down to preferences and whatever floats your boat. Some games like Sine Mora has extra content on the PS3 and naturally you can play with other people on the PSN, but thats it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2961 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Is Lumines for $21 a good price point on the vita? I really want it but feel like it should be cheaper.

#2962 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I got Lumines for about $15 or $20 on the Qubed disc for 360, meaning I got not only 2 extra games, but I got some of the Lumines DLC as well. Despite being a fun game, it feels hard to recommend at $20, let alone the original $40, for another version. I'd honestly wait to see if it goes to $15 or even $10.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2963 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

XSEED needs to have a PSN sale. >_>

Agreed. I wanna pick up Ys 7 and maybe Lunar.

#2964 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

How come I can't find the full NBA Jam On Fire download? I can only find a 6KB unlock key by looking at the list of free PS+ games and through search. Where am I missing it?

#2965 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Eufloria - $5 PSN, $2.50 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Vita

Games
Demon's Souls - $19.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Rise of the Guardians
"Guys who are into retro-style games, really old-school, sort of classic gaming, keep your eyes peeled" Release(s)

PS2 Classics
Three Dora the Explorer Games
Go Diego Go

Vita Games
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable - $39.99 - Include Bonus Gear

Vita Demos
Orgarhtyhm
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

PlayStation Mobile
Two New Games

PlayStation Plus

Games
God of War Ascension Beta

#2966 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

How come I can't find the full NBA Jam On Fire download? I can only find a 6KB unlock key by looking at the list of free PS+ games and through search. Where am I missing it?

Download the demo.

#2967 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Frisky. Will probably grab Eufloria for $2.50 and force myself to understand the game.

Interesting that they're giving us discounts on a lot of the games EU got for free (Arkham City, Bulletstorm, and now MK Vita). Guess we won't be getting any of those.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2968 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Eufloria - $5 PSN, $2.50 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Vita

Does this mean MK Vita is free next week?

#2969 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I will definitely pick up EDF sometime this month. Is the bonus gear only included during launch?

#2970 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Will totally have to try out those two demos, especially the Sonic one.