Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#331 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Is there any difference between the Vita and the 3DS versions of VLR? I will be picking this up once I finish the first one.

Yes, excellen posted this in another thread.. definitely get the Vita version. I think he left out that it can freeze/crash randomly on 3DS.

The 3DS version of this is much worse than the Vita. I enjoy the 3DS library much more than the Vita's but there is no excuse for getting the 3DS version of this game over the Vita if you have the option.

3DS
+ stylus controls are excellent
+ can view menu/notes on bottom screen at the same time as viewing the top screen

- a very common game breaking glitch that corrupts your save file
- only 1 save slot so the glitch really hurts when it happens
- compressed audio (very noticeable with the voices)
- framerate suffers when moving around rooms too fast
- must view unskippable credits scene 14 times before getting to the true end
- one ink color for the notes option
- intrusive scan line filter on the bottom screen, which is the one you will be looking at most of the time while in puzzle sections

Vita
+ high resolution visuals
+ higher quality audio
+ 3 ink colors for the notepad
+ 3 save slots
+ smooth framerate always
+ can skip credits scene after viewing it for the first time
+ large, unobstructed screen (no scan lines) to interact with during all parts of the game

- default finger touch controls are worse than using a stylus on the 3DS (can be remedied by buying a $2 capacitive stylus)
- cannot view menu at the same time as the whole screen

Read more about the save corrupting bug here: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=497204
It was a problem in the Japanese version which came out over a year ago as well and was never patched. Aksys has been made aware of the situation but has been silent for over a month.

#332 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Yes, excellen posted this in another thread.. definitely get the Vita version. I think he left out that it can freeze/crash randomly on 3DS.

Thanks! this was very helpful

#333 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

You couldn't possibly be further from the truth.

The thing is I don't believe in making profits off friends, community members. Hence why I suggested a trade yesterday for that code, not a sale. The world is full of greedy bastards, one of my once close friends is one of them, where money comes first and happiness comes after. I'd give a code to a member here who asked over selling it to someone else for $20 any day of the week. $20 is nothing, the joy of someone getting a game they want and seeing kindness of strangers is what's worth it to me.

So can I get a code :D please ?

#334 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

I haven't gotten my $10 AC code yet, but i would gladly give it away to someone who could use it. I already have AC3 so i don't need it. Plus it would just go to waste.

#335 SlightlyOffTrack

SlightlyOffTrack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

The thing is I don't believe in making profits off friends, community members. Hence why I suggested a trade yesterday for that code, not a sale. The world is full of greedy bastards, one of my once close friends is one of them, where money comes first and happiness comes after. I'd give a code to a member here who asked over selling it to someone else for $20 any day of the week. $20 is nothing, the joy of someone getting a game they want and seeing kindness of strangers is what's worth it to me.

Attitudes like this that are the main reason I am a part of this awesome CAG community. I feel the exact same way. I'm actually excited to do my Christmas giveaway because while the items I'm gifting may not have been much to me, they might seriously help brighten another person's day.

#336 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

If anyone wants to part with their amazon AC vita bundle for $180 i would be glad to take it off their hands. Just want the bundle i.e. sealed package . Whatever else was offered i really don't care, just want the white AC vita bundle. PM me if interested.

#337 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I got the white AC vita in the mail yesterday from amazon. You do not get a retail copy of the AC game. Instead it comes bundled with the memory card in a crappy little plastic container. I don't understand why Sony has been doing this with all of the bundles this year including the paper sleeves for the ps3 games on the ps3 bundles.

#338 Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

does anyone still have it on sale?

#339 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

As far as I can tell the answer is no.
Posted Image

#340 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Now that ps+ has arrived on the Vita these deals are really worth it.
Posted Image

#341 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I got the white AC vita in the mail yesterday from amazon. You do not get a retail copy of the AC game. Instead it comes bundled with the memory card in a crappy little plastic container. I don't understand why Sony has been doing this with all of the bundles this year including the paper sleeves for the ps3 games on the ps3 bundles.

Sony is in financial trouble. Serious Financial trouble. They save millions of dollars a year on doing these things, and you couldn't see why they don't?

I'm with you they raised the price of the Diet Slim PS3 and couldn't bother with a game case, however I totally understand why they did it.

#342 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

2 day shipping from Seattle to 50 miles away taking 3 days is what I get for being negative on my purchase and second guessing myself.

#343 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Tempted to sell the white AC Vita bundle. It's being sold for $300 on ebay.

#344 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Listed for and sold for are very different things. You can buy these for $250 still in many stores, who would pay more?

You got me. I wouldn't pay that much. There are a few listings being bidded up to that price though. Of course it could be one of those bidders that actually don't pay up though.

#345 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Glad people seem to be enjoying their vita purchase. I played a bit on my AC3 vita, but the 4gb mem card really limits what you can do. excited to see what MLB 12 is like on the vita.

I love the arguments over deals. When a new deal is posted for a similar item you always get four groups or cag arguments.

1. The original buyers of the previous deal either questioning the authenticity of the new posted deal or trying to explain how the previous one was better.
2. The people who missed the original deal trying to explain how the new deal is obviously superior.
3. Those who bought the first deal, who are now furiously trying to cancel their original order to get the new deal or thinking of ways to somehow get out of the first deal.
4. People who purchases the item at full price near launch who either post to defend their purchase to themselves or try to troll on the new deal as being crappy.

In this case I dont think there were many people in category 3, but that's just me.

For BF I think the Amazon bundle was by far the best bundle. The main point is that to get a Vita it cost $20 less. Forget the rest of the bundle, the $180 price was cheap to just get a vita. Add in the other items in the bundle and it was an easy purchase. I could really care less about the bonuses, I just wanted a NEW Vita for as cheap as possible. I was checking Amazon Warehouse with no luck.

Tempted to sell the white AC Vita bundle. It's being sold for $300 on ebay.

At the height of jealousy after the Amazon deal a few sold for around $300, but that was with all the Amazon bonus items. Now they can be had for the $250 retail price easily, even on ebay. Some even include PS All-stars with them.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#346 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

so would you guys say assassins creed liberation is worth keeping? or should i sell it and get something else? i already have persona 4 btw

#347 Gxray

Gxray

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

If anyone wants an AC3:L White Vita Bundle still, I'll sell one for $210 paypal shipped via 2 day shipping directly from Amazon.

The company they shipped it with lost my package so now they're telling me they'll sell me another for the same price as when it was on sale, but I ended up buying a Vita locally so don't really need it. Just offering it here at cost ($180 + tax + CA waste fee?) before I put it up on eBay/Amazon to try and convert my Amazon GC's into cash.

#348 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

What screen protector did everyone get for their Vita? Is a case recommended?

#349 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I got a Hori protector because I always buy Hori, I like their quality, but they don't make a back touchpad protector, only a front protector. These are cheap and I've heard their quality is surprisingly good, they also have a back protector.

I ordered the Hori face cover and the Pull 'n Go Folio because apparently the Vita with face cover on fits into that. I like being able to close a shell over when I'm not using it, my PSP lives in a PlayGear Pocket for similar reasons.

#350 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Bought a Hori Screen Protector for mine, listed here

As for the case, none yet. I'm just going to use my oldschool Logitech PSP case (if it fits), if it doesn't I'll just put it in the PSP Sleeve.

Don't plan on using it too much anyways, so I think that'll do for the time being.

#351 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I ended up grabbing the COD Bundle. I picked up the official Sony Vita screen protectors (2 pack) onsale on Amazon for around $7. As for a case, my local Target had the PDP Custom Crystal cases on clearance for $5.xx. I picked up one of those and love it. It's a hard metal on the outside, and a secure rubber on the inside. Holds 8 games and 2 memory card, plus you can change out the covers in the windows of the case. It comes with a few, but you can print your own. Very good deal. It's pretty cheap on Amazon, too.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#352 PerryD

PerryD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

I really like the white color on the Vita, matches the look of my new white RAZR HD phone almost exactly. I'm going to struggle and keep the 4GB card until I see a good deal on the 32GB size though to feel better about the great price on the bundle.

#353 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

i just bought a 32GB card from amazon with chase reward points. i see what you did there sony. :cold:

#354 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

I ended up grabbing the COD Bundle. I picked up the official Sony Vita screen protectors (2 pack) onsale on Amazon for around $7. As for a case, my local Target had the PDP Custom Crystal cases on clearance for $5.xx. I picked up one of those and love it. It's a hard metal on the outside, and a secure rubber on the inside. Holds 8 games and 2 memory card, plus you can change out the covers in the windows of the case. It comes with a few, but you can print your own. Very good deal. It's pretty cheap on Amazon, too.

I picked up the Sony Vita screen protectors as well The Hori ones were going to take longer and I like to put on a screen protector before I even start playing.

I randomly picked out a nerf armor case at Target to give it a try. They aren't the best looking but I liked them on my DS because they were cushy which made extended play bearable. Haven't tried it out yet but it may be going back.

I remember seeing those PDP cases on clearance before black friday at my target, I'll have to check and see if they still have them.

#355 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

The Uncharted 3 superslim bundle comes in the standard case and so does the PS3 AC bundle. I was also shocked that the Infamous bundle doesn't come in gamecases, but for a $200 bundle these games were basically free, so I really can't complain too much.

It does throw you off to see the retail gamecases pictured on the box for the Vita bundles and the Infamous bundle...

#356 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

AT&T stores are supposed to be clearencing the 3G version for $200, plus a couple of free games on 11/30...

#357 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Any advice on grips? I'm eyeing the Hori one but wanted CAG's opinon before I bought anything.

#358 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

I got my Vita today (so gorgeous!) but I have a question...

I have the crappy 4GB memory card, but couldn't resist playing Uncharted as my first Vita game, and with that being on my Vita, I can't fit another game on it. Is there a way I can transfer the game elsewhere and not have to download it again? And copy it back on later when I get a bigger memory card. I know this seems sad, but downloading even 3GB takes a long time on my internet. Plus I have bandwidth cap.

I tried to transfer it back to Ps3, and it showed the whole copying process but have no idea where it went. Anybody else have a solution?

I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.

#359 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

I got my Vita today (so gorgeous!) but I have a question...

I have the crappy 4GB memory card, but couldn't resist playing Uncharted as my first Vita game, and with that being on my Vita, I can't fit another game on it. Is there a way I can transfer the game elsewhere and not have to download it again? And copy it back on later when I get a bigger memory card. I know this seems sad, but downloading even 3GB takes a long time on my internet. Plus I have bandwidth cap.

I tried to transfer it back to Ps3, and it showed the whole copying process but have no idea where it went. Anybody else have a solution?

I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.

You can backup everything on your memory card to your PC. But I'm just as new to this as you.

#360 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales