Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#361 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales

Not hardly. I can just as easily swap games in and out while I wait for a deal on a larger memory card. I have no problem playing one game at a time. Besides, the majority of the content from PS+ is catered towards those who own a PS3, so I'd hardly consider the membership pointless just because you don't have at least 16GB. That's a pretty outlandish statement if you ask me.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#362 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales

I'll just tether my Vita to my 4G connection and milk my unlimited data for all it's worth.

#363 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

I wouldn't say it is pointless, but it does make it less convenient to use. Many Vita game are under 2GB, so at least a couple of games can fit on a 4GB card...

#364 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

You can backup everything on your memory card to your PC. But I'm just as new to this as you.

Grrr I keep getting the "could not connect to pc message", thanks though

#365 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Not hardly. I can just as easily swap games in and out while I wait for a deal on a larger memory card. I have no problem playing one game at a time. Besides, the majority of the content from PS+ is catered towards those who own a PS3, so I'd hardly consider the membership pointless just because you don't have at least 16GB. That's a pretty outlandish statement if you ask me.

Not outlandish at all. If you buy a new holiday bundle and a PS+ subscription you can't even download the three advertised games.

You're right regarding it's more of a PS3 feature, but as a vita feature it's being pushed as a path for proprietary accessory sales.

#366 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.

Doesn't Apple charge $100 for 16 GB?

There's a whole spectrum of insanity.

#367 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

After playing with this thing for a bit I think I want a case and maybe a screen protector (probably not). I was able to order a copy of the Pesona 4 Solid Gold edition a little bit ago. I first bought it purely because it was rare. Now I might actually open it to us the case and screen protector in it.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#368 tigernut

tigernut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I picked up an extra 4G card on Amazon for $10, so I have Uncharted on one memory card and a couple of other games on another card. Somewhat of a pain to turn off the system to change cards, but manageable until larger memory cards drop in price.

After playing with this thing for a bit I think I want a case and maybe a screen protector (probably not). I was able to order a copy of the Pesona 4 Solid Gold edition a little bit ago. I first bought it purely because it was rare. Now I might actually open it to us the case and screen protector in it.

I picked up the following hard case at Target (bunch of them clearance priced at $5). It seems to function well and even holds some games and extra memory cards:

http://www.amazon.co...ta case crystal
Posted Image

#369 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Not outlandish at all. If you buy a new holiday bundle and a PS+ subscription you can't even download the three advertised games.

You're right regarding it's more of a PS3 feature, but as a vita feature it's being pushed as a path for proprietary accessory sales.

You can download 3 of the PS+ games at once on a 4GB memory card, as long as one of them isn't Uncharted. Wipeout and Gravity rush are between 1.6GB and 1.7GB each, and the rest of the games offered is under 1GB.

I do agree that Sony would like to push accessory sales, but don't paint this as an requirement. No one has to download multiple games to the Vita in order to enjoy it.

Besides the 4GB memory card is essentially being given away for free, so I am not going to complain about it...

#370 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

If you have Plus you can also save your game saves on the cloud while you move stuff from memory card to memory card. It is actually pretty easy.

Am I the only one who was confused as hell when it came to deleting something from the Vita? FFS...had to look up how to do it on the net.

PS...got the Vita bundle at GS on BF. I'm about 75 percent through Uncharted. Awesome game.

#371 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just like I "bought" but haven't downloaded most of the PS3 Plus stuff, I'll do the same on the Vita. "Buy" the games but download them when I'm ready. Surely I can make that work with 2 4gb cards for now.
Posted Image

#372 erwos

erwos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Mine came yesterday, too. Got it from the Amazon deal. I loaded some stuff on it (Disgaea 1-2, PS All-Stars, Wild Arms, Skype, etc.), and I agree that 4gb gets cramped real fast, especially if you have substantial PSP/PS1 purchases like I do. I am also not a big fan of the way the Vita forces you to manage transfers on the Vita itself, rather than on my PS3 (ala the PSP). I suspect I will be shelling out for the 32gb card at the next good sale on it.

I haven't even redeemed the PS+ codes yet... no sense without more room.

On the plus side, the form factor is quite nice, and I love the analog stick design. The screen is also excellent, albeit the original PSP's screen spoiled me, too. Definitely worth the price I paid, and it's enough for me to retire my beloved PSPGo (well... unless I need something really, really small).

#373 SpoDaddy

SpoDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

How do you buy the games without downloading?
Posted Image

#374 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I just finished Uncharted as my first Vita game and it was good. I just downloaded Uncharted which is like 3 gb and played and beat that first and when I was done I deleted that and downloaded the other ps plus vita games. Now off to play some AC3: Liberation and Resistance: Burning Skies.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#375 Stereo

Stereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

You go all the way through the check out process, "check out" >"proceed to check out" and just don't download, when it says "download now" or sumit, just make sure it's in your download history.

#376 mikkoxB

mikkoxB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

add to cart
check out
and just dont download
I got all the ps plus vita games through my ps3 before my vita came in
then just go to the ps store on your vita and you can find the games in your download list

#377 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Jumped the gun too quickly and got the Declassified bundle before realizing that Amazon had a better bundle. Needed something to pass the time on my 90 minute train ride to work.
Posted ImagePosted Image