Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#31 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

gamestop is the only retailer that has announced the ass creed vita for $200. joystiq probably just got the story wrong. i don't have any faith in game "journalists." hopefully, amazon and best buy decide to price match it as bf arrives.

It's called a press release - it's written by the marketing department at Sony. I think we can take their word for it ;)

#32 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Oh well bought the AC3 bundle..... At least it was our $60 after credit.
Posted Image

#33 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

is Amazon gonna PM?

if you join Playstation Campus/College, you get a $30PSN voucher for buying the bundle I think (not sure if it's at 200 or 250

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#34 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Really hoping this is true. I've pretty much decided to grab a Vita now, there's a half dozen or so games I'd really like to play and then the PS+ stuff.
Posted Image

#35 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

I don't like Call of Duty bundle or AC3 bundle. May pick up 2nd PS3 bundle instead ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#36 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

really tempted for the white vita (dat racism ;) but idk i might just wait, the vita is getting price dropped next year

but the ps+ vita games may be worth it and i can probably sell AC3L to make back some of the money, idk

#37 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

is Amazon gonna PM?

if you join Playstation Campus/College, you get a $30PSN voucher for buying the bundle I think (not sure if it's at 200 or 250

Please, do tell. Have a link?

My brother just purchased yhe COD bundle and I plan to get the girlfriend the AC3 bindle next week.

#38 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

The white vita is absolutely amazing, but just letting people who are interested in getting it that AC3 Liberations does not come with a case in the packaging. It is the game and memory packaged side by side in a plastic. The game is good and story good just really really glitchy. I had several issues with sound going out, freezing, and a lot of screen tearing. In the CoD bundle I heard it is the voucher of the game I cant really confirm that but defeats the purpose of including the 4gb memory card since 3 gbs of it goes to the game.

Oh and I tried trading in Liberations without case at Best Buy and got denied so I only got about $12 at Gamestop

#39 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Please, do tell. Have a link?

My brother just purchased yhe COD bundle and I plan to get the girlfriend the AC3 bindle next week.

http://store.sony.co...=S_PS_On_Campus

it's 249 though :/ guess it's not much of a deal.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#40 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

The white vita is absolutely amazing, but just letting people who are interested in getting it that AC3 Liberations does not come with a case in the packaging. It is the game and memory packaged side by side in a plastic. The game is good and story good just really really glitchy. I had several issues with sound going out, freezing, and a lot of screen tearing. In the CoD bundle I heard it is the voucher of the game I cant really confirm that but defeats the purpose of including the 4gb memory card since 3 gbs of it goes to the game.

Oh and I tried trading in Liberations without case at Best Buy and got denied so I only got about $12 at Gamestop

The CoD bundle does not have a voucher for the game for the US version the game and memory card are packaged just like the AC bundle, the EU version does have a voucher. This can all be seen in the unboxing videos on YouTube...

#41 hyukevain

hyukevain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

http://www.gamespot....-friday-6400187

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."

#42 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."

Thanks for the tip. Majority want the AC Bundle anyways and amazon will have it. :)

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I have a question...

I really don't like white electronics but for some reason the AC Vita bundle appeals to me and I'm looking to get a second vita for the girlfriend.

What are the odds this will turn yellow or have some yellowing occur? I have this picture in my mind of the old Apple keyboards that yellow only after a few months of use and get progressively worse with age.

Maybe the hori screen protector that covers the entire front face would help? and then put a skin on it? I dunno I'm just really particular about my electronics.

#44 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

I have a question...

I really don't like white electronics but for some reason the AC Vita bundle appeals to me and I'm looking to get a second vita for the girlfriend.

What are the odds this will turn yellow or have some yellowing occur? I have this picture in my mind of the old Apple keyboards that yellow only after a few months of use and get progressively worse with age.

Maybe the hori screen protector that covers the entire front face would help? and then put a skin on it? I dunno I'm just really particular about my electronics.

My brother kept his white psp for 4 years and never yellowed at all. I think Sony does a pretty good job from having the system do this

#45 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

I have a question...

It appeals to you probably because a white console from Sony being sold in north america is rare. The PS3 never received another color besides black in north america except for the gun metal grey PS3. Even the white psps were limited to the first 2 iterations of the psps.

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

My brother kept his white psp for 4 years and never yellowed at all. I think Sony does a pretty good job from having the system do this

Is their a glossy coating on the AC Vita? Maybe that helps....

I guess I should not be a douche and get the girlfriend's preference

#47 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

It appeals to you probably because a white console from Sony being sold in north america is rare. The PS3 never received another color besides black in north america except for the gun metal grey PS3. Even the white psps were limited to the first 2 iterations of the psps.

No I'm a little OCD and I like everything to be uniform. Electronics = black; wood furniture (TV Stand, Book Shelves, etc.) = expresso

I just think having your TV, receiver, speakers, game consoles, cables (HDMI, Component, speaker wire) satellite/cable box all one color looks sleeker.

#48 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Yes its glossy. Its really a damn nice color for the Vita

#49 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

note that if you buy from amazon and you live in cali, they hit you with a $6 california recycling fee on top of the tax.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#50 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

That article that was quoted has no sources for its information - so, keep your eyes open on Black Friday - Sony itself said nothing about the specials being limited by location. It might be, but I haven't seen that info anywhere else. If it was part of the press packet that was sent out, everyone would have reported it.

#51 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Based on the released BF ads, this explanation does make sense. I do know that the Batman 2 bundle is exclusive to Target (and is available now a certain stores). It would be nice to see all the retailers participate in discounting multiple bundles, but I don't want to assume that...

#52 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Except, we do know that Best Buy does carry the AC bundle, and I'd be stunned if they'd be ok with only getting part of the discount promotion. But, we'll see ... These things are always a bit cloudy until the day.

#53 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I think the glossy coating helps. It is believed that the exposed white plastic undergoes a chemical reaction when exposed to sunlight and/or containments in the air (oxidation?). The yellowing effect can happen on the white Sony controllers, because it does not have a glossy coating...

#54 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I bought a used Vita from gamestop last week...looks like I'll be returning it and getting the AC bundle for the same price. I hope there isn't some freak demand for Vitas though that makes it tough to find one.

Does gamestop do an early BF deals for Power Up members? I feel like they did something like that before, but i can't remember

#55 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Except, we do know that Best Buy does carry the AC bundle, and I'd be stunned if they'd be ok with only getting part of the discount promotion. But, we'll see ... These things are always a bit cloudy until the day.

I'm not really sure either, but I don't like to make assumptions if I can help it.

I emailed the author of that article, so hopefully I can get some clarification on this matter...

#56 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I bought a used Vita from gamestop last week...looks like I'll be returning it and getting the AC bundle for the same price. I hope there isn't some freak demand for Vitas though that makes it tough to find one.

Does gamestop do an early BF deals for Power Up members? I feel like they did something like that before, but i can't remember

I never heard of them doing early BF deals for Powerup members. I only know of Silver Best Buy rewards members getting early access to BF deals...

#57 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I never heard of them doing early BF deals for Powerup members. I only know of Silver Best Buy rewards members getting early access to BF deals...

ah, i prob confused it with that.

now I remember-- GS does midnight openings. I'll prob go to that just so I don't have to go anywhere on Friday.

#58 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

ah, i prob confused it with that.

now I remember-- GS does midnight openings. I'll prob go to that just so I don't have to go anywhere on Friday.

My local GameStop is opening at Midnight, even though it doesn't get a lot of traffic that day. Apparently in order to get out of the Midnight opening, the DM has to fill out a form and send it to corporate excusing them from it, and this particular DM forgot to do it...

#59 ajm_64

ajm_64

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Holy crap I really want the white vita! Its so hard to resist!

#60 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Posted this in the amazon thread, but it may as well go here too.

Amazon will have a different/better Vita Assassin's Creed bundle:
http://www.reddit.co...2sgoq?context=3