Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#91 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

(laughs) Really wish I hadn't seen the Amazon Reddit post on their Vita bundle. I've been working on taking maximum advantage of G$ trade-ins, so I've got all my credit tied up there. Anyone think there's a chance to get Gamestop to match in-store whatever bonus Amazon will offer?

#92 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm watching some football and have seen a couple Vita commercials. One for Black Ops and a sponsorship ad talking about the CoD bundle being $200 at Gamestop for BF. Good to see Sony really pushing the Vita right now.

#93 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Please someone have a deal on the 32GB memory card!
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#94 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Josh said that Amazon is going to have a better deal than just the $200 pricetag, so I'm thinking maybe a $25 credit?

Link.

It's probably going to be a percentage off accessories promotion. I'd be good with that.

#95 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm watching some football and have seen a couple Vita commercials. One for Black Ops and a sponsorship ad talking about the CoD bundle being $200 at Gamestop for BF. Good to see Sony really pushing the Vita right now.

Same here I have seen both the cod and ac liberation bundle ads on tv last night about 4-5 times during a 2 hour period watching college football. While the wii u ads are MIA...

#96 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

still waiting on the vita game deals, I haven't seen anything yet from any retailers or online stores.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#97 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

still waiting on the vita game deals, I haven't seen anything yet from any retailers or online stores.

Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots are both $20. Mortal Kombat was $10 at gamestop last month. Gamefly had MGS HD Collection for $18, Resistance for $10 and Lego Batman for $12. Lumines will be $15 this week on Amazon. Newegg had $12 off Ragnarok Odyssey with promo code. PS+ will debut this week with bunch of free games.

#98 MusePrime

MusePrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

If you buy the Vita bundle now from Best Buy. They will price match it on Black Friday. You just have to Brave the return lines.

#99 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

(laughs) Really wish I hadn't seen the Amazon Reddit post on their Vita bundle. I've been working on taking maximum advantage of G$ trade-ins, so I've got all my credit tied up there. Anyone think there's a chance to get Gamestop to match in-store whatever bonus Amazon will offer?

i did the exact same thing. i actually had about $60 in bby credit i was thinking about using for an amazon card, but since they were so late with their bf ad, i decided to just convert that to gs credit with some trade ins. :wall:

c'mon gs; don't let me down.

Auen1.png?7125

#100 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

If you buy the Vita bundle now from Best Buy. They will price match it on Black Friday. You just have to Brave the return lines.

How do you figure that? BB isn't price matching until the 26th and they've never price matched on Black Friday ... in fact they close customer service on Black Friday as far as I'm aware.

#101 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

$149.99 with a 32 GB card and Uncharted and you have a deal... no rush here.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#102 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I hope not.

#103 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Sadly, I have to agree ... really wanted to imagine myself grabbing a vita this year, but there's simply not enough value with the current bundles and a lack of AAA releases on the horizon. I'll buy one someday but not in 2012.

#104 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

They really should have included an 8GB card in those bundles. The real problem with them (aside from the games not being very good) is that those 4GB cards are nearly worthless if you're going to download anything digital.

I'm ok with it though I got my AC Vita for $175 and sold AC and the 4GB card for a whopping $25 after ebay fees and shipping so paid $150 for the system which is good enough for me. Now just waiting on a 32GB card for $50 or less or a 16GB for $25 or so.

#105 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

How'd you get the AC Vita for $175?

I'm planning on getting one from Amazon for $200.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#106 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

They really should have included an 8GB card in those bundles. The real problem with them (aside from the games not being very good) is that those 4GB cards are nearly worthless if you're going to download anything digital.

I don't agree.

You could download the PS+ selections of Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, and still have 1 GB left to spare. You could probably fit at least 2 average Vita games on a 4GB card, which is adequate IMO. Uncharted is probably one of the few exceptions since it is a larger game.

Since with this bundle, Sony is basically giving the game and memory card for free, I'm not complaining. It is worlds better than what normally comes with the standalone Vita...

#107 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Sadly, I have to agree ... really wanted to imagine myself grabbing a vita this year, but there's simply not enough value with the current bundles and a lack of AAA releases on the horizon. I'll buy one someday but not in 2012.

Really?

$160 for console
$40 for game (COD:BOD or AC3:L)
+4 GB Card

As for great games...

PS All-stars
AC3:L
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted
Soul Sacrifice (2013)
COD BOD (I have it, and I don't agree w/ reviews...online is a blast)
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4 Golden
Rayman Origins

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#108 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

How'd you get the AC Vita for $175?

I'm planning on getting one from Amazon for $200.

Just wait and get that. I got mine "used" from Amazon Warehouse. They've been as low as $163 or so in good condition on AWD. Again though just wait for the $200 bundle since you'll know it's brand new and they're apparently throwing in something extra with it anyway. I may even return mine if whatever they add in is something good.

I don't agree.

You could download the PS+ selections of Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, and still have 1 GB left to spare. You could probably fit at least 2 average Vita games on a 4GB card, which is adequate IMO. Uncharted is probably one of the few exceptions since it is a larger game.

Since with this bundle, Sony is basically giving the game and memory card for free, I'm not complaining. It is worlds better than what normally comes with the standalone Vita...

I suppose "adequate" is a fair enough term. I'd just rather have something slightly more than adequate. If you dont do anything digital you'd probably be fine with it for quite some time. Any which way $200 for all that is a very good deal imo. It's worth $200 despite what so many people like to say about the Vita.

#109 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Really?

$160 for console
$40 for game (COD:BOD or AC3:L)
+4 GB Card

As for great games...

PS All-stars
AC3:L
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted
Soul Sacrifice (2013)
COD BOD (I have it, and I don't agree w/ reviews...online is a blast)
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4 Golden
Rayman Origins

Though its not an exclusive you didnt mention one of the best games for the system. Virtues Last Reward is fantastic if you're into story. Also you left out a big one that is exclusive. Little Big Planet. Sly 4 is also coming.

#110 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I hope the Amazon deal is either a bigger memory card or LBP. Otherwise I'll just use my Gamestop credit.

#111 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

I hope the Amazon deal is either a bigger memory card or LBP. Otherwise I'll just use my Gamestop credit.

Probably not going to happen at all but I was also hoping for LBP.

#112 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Soul Sacrifice looks really good
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#113 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots are both $20. Mortal Kombat was $10 at gamestop last month. Gamefly had MGS HD Collection for $18, Resistance for $10 and Lego Batman for $12. Lumines will be $15 this week on Amazon. Newegg had $12 off Ragnarok Odyssey with promo code. PS+ will debut this week with bunch of free games.

The only one from that list I don't have is the MGS collection, i'm hoping to see a deal on nfs , lbp 2, and maybe ac3 vita versions.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#114 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

sincerely hope for it to be credit. one year free PS+ or a bigger memory card. either of these would be awesome

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#115 rytay777

rytay777

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Does anyone know if the Vita will be discounted online at $199? I live (literally) in the middle of no where (Wyoming) and none of the stores around have an AC Liberation Vita. I'll certainly go in on one if I can get it online.

#116 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Does anyone know if the Vita will be discounted online at $199? I live (literally) in the middle of no where (Wyoming) and none of the stores around have an AC Liberation Vita. I'll certainly go in on one if I can get it online.

amazon
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#117 harrahs80

harrahs80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

i just bought black ops for vita today and the game is so so the multiplayer is amazing but the campaign wasn't impressive .......... i wanna get AC next

#118 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

This will be the last time I mention this, since a moderator unwisely decided to delete my thread on the subject.

The BF Vita deals are store specific, despite what you may have implied from Sony's blog post and press release. There is new evidence directly from PlayStation's VP of marketing John Koller.

He states: "most major retailers will have these deals, although they will get to choose which bundle they will put on offer. Check with your local retailer before you go to make sure they have the bundle you want."

Here is a question I asked on this page: "Many retailers are just advertising the Call of Duty Vita bundle at the Black Friday price, even though they also carry the Assassin’s Creed Bundle. Does that mean that only that bundle being advertised at the special price is being discounted, or will all the bundles be discounted anyway?"

He responded: "It will depend on the retailer – make sure to check before you go."

IMO that is the clearest evidence yet that these BF prices on Vita bundles won't be universal at all retailers. Anyone not knowing this ahead of time is likely to be confused and disappointed.

You can read his comments yourself on the PS Blog, be sure to read the comments section for his responses:

http://blog.us.plays...-vita/#comments

#119 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Dammit, Amazon has cemented my decision to purchase a Vita on Friday. I was going to wait until tax return time, but off I go to Best Buy to convert my fall preorder credit and used game trade gift card to Amazon credit!

I was tempted by Best Buy's $200 deal, but a better game, not having to go out on BF, and a mystery bonus makes it a real no-brainer through Amazon.

My money would be on a larger memory card. If they toss in a 16GB that would cement the deal as pretty spectacular for someone who DOESN'T already have one.

So then, we'd actually be getting two memory cards, since the 4GB is already included in the packaging? That would be cool, but I'm skeptical.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#120 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

This will be the last time I mention this, since a moderator unwisely decided to delete my thread on the subject.

The BF Vita deals are store specific, despite what you may have implied from Sony's blog post and press release. There is new evidence directly from PlayStation's VP of marketing John Koller.

He states: "most major retailers will have these deals, although they will get to choose which bundle they will put on offer. Check with your local retailer before you go to make sure they have the bundle you want."

Here is a question I asked on this page: "Many retailers are just advertising the Call of Duty Vita bundle at the Black Friday price, even though they also carry the Assassin’s Creed Bundle. Does that mean that only that bundle being advertised at the special price is being discounted, or will all the bundles be discounted anyway?"

He responded: "It will depend on the retailer – make sure to check before you go."

IMO that is the clearest evidence yet that these BF prices on Vita bundles won't be universal at all retailers. Anyone not knowing this ahead of time is likely to be confused and disappointed.

You can read his comments yourself on the PS Blog, be sure to read the comments section for his responses:

http://blog.us.plays...-vita/#comments

Yes, I can't imagine that retailers would have all three bundles on sale and not advertise that fact.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.