Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I really wanted a vita but all of these games received poor reviews. Is it really worth it for $200? I'm still debating[/QUOTE]

For $200 I'd say yeah..if you don't like the games sell them. Also sell that garbage 4GB memory card and get something worthwhile.

Awesome deals man, great time to get one. Finally Sony is starting to take notice that it's dying out here as it stands. Huge vita fan here.

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I really wanted a vita but all of these games received poor reviews. Is it really worth it for $200? I'm still debating[/QUOTE]

For $200 I'd say yeah..if you don't like the game sell it. Also sell that garbage 4GB memory card and get something worthwhile.

[quote name='themidnighter23']So the AC white will be 199.99 you say?[/QUOTE]
Yes

I thought the AC3 bundle didn't come with a memory card? Is it true?

I know a 4gb card is really nothing but right now I'm on the fence with Vita, and this could push my decision over.

I'm torn myself - I kind of want a black Vita, but I'd prefer ACIII, since COD has been panned ... Oh well, at least now I have options.

Oh, and the ACIII bundle does come with a memory card.

[quote name='jayntampa']I'm torn myself - I kind of want a black Vita, but I'd prefer ACIII, since COD has been panned ... Oh well, at least now I have options.

Oh, and the ACIII bundle does come with a memory card.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, think I'm gonna get one now!

I too prefer the Black Vita to the White Vita, but we seem to be in the minority.

[quote name='diplo']I too prefer the Black Vita to the White Vita, but we seem to be in the minority.[/QUOTE]
I prefer the black vita too because it helps me focus better on just the screen.

I picked up the CoD bundle the other day for $199. If it helps, CoD vita is not the worst game ever made. I haven't tried the campaign yet, but mp can be alright... when it works. It definitely needs patching to fix major connection and spawn issues. It's cool that the maps come straight from MW3 (chopped in half in less), so you'll feel right at home. Hostiles mode can kill a few minutes. Would have been much better with co-op hostiles, or better yet, zombies instead of hostiles. I would never spend $50 on it separately, but as a free bundled game I'm fine with it.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I hope both bundles are going to sell for $200, because multiple retailers are just advertising the COD bundle at the reduced price for BF...[/QUOTE]

That press release is straight from Sony - so, this may have been something they decided after the BF ads were put to bed. However, since it's from Sony, they'll be giving the retailers credit on the bundles, so it would only benefit the retailer to sell them at that price.

[quote name='jayntampa']That press release is straight from Sony - so, this may have been something they decided after the BF ads were put to bed. However, since it's from Sony, they'll be giving the retailers credit on the bundles, so it would only benefit the retailer to sell them at that price.[/QUOTE]

I found that notable too, that Sony has issued a press release on this subject. I wonder if Walmart will be selling these bundles too, since the Vita's weren't in their BF ad at all.

Hopefully Amazon won't be selling these bundles online, just as lightening deals...

[quote name='CookieMonster156']So if I bought the Assassins Creed Bundle at Best Buy can I get it matched to this deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure as they aren't PMing BF deals. However, you could buy one and return it with the old receipt.

I am hoping to find the AC bundle, I'd rather have the Black Vita but oh well. If I cannot find the AC bundle I will just grab the COD bundle.

[quote name='doc_j88']why?[/QUOTE]

Apparently that game is complete trash. I think one reviewer called it "Activision giving gamers the middle finger".

gamestop is the only retailer that has announced the ass creed vita for $200. joystiq probably just got the story wrong. i don't have any faith in game "journalists." hopefully, amazon and best buy decide to price match it as bf arrives.

[quote name='JohnnyS5']If only Sony had a P4: The Golden Vita bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for sure, that would definitely push me over the edge on it.

I'd rather they just give me a $200 vita + $50 credit so I could buy an appropriately sized memory card. As it stands if I do decide to get one of those bundles I will have to go through the extra effort of selling the game and attempting to sell the memory card (there will probably be a flood of people trying to get rid of them) and then trying to get an appropriately sized memory card.

[quote name='PublikDefender']gamestop is the only retailer that has announced the ass creed vita for $200. joystiq probably just got the story wrong. i don't have any faith in game "journalists." hopefully, amazon and best buy decide to price match it as bf arrives.[/QUOTE]

the problem I'm having is that the press release from Sony mentions nothing about the bundles being store specific. Can anyone confirm that it's only specific stores selling a specific bundle say a Bestbuy employee?

[quote name='lilman']I prefer the black vita too because it helps me focus better on just the screen.

I picked up the CoD bundle the other day for $199. If it helps, CoD vita is not the worst game ever made. I haven't tried the campaign yet, but mp can be alright... when it works. It definitely needs patching to fix major connection and spawn issues. It's cool that the maps come straight from MW3 (chopped in half in less), so you'll feel right at home. Hostiles mode can kill a few minutes. Would have been much better with co-op hostiles, or better yet, zombies instead of hostiles. I would never spend $50 on it separately, but as a free bundled game I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]

^ He's right; the Black Ops Vita game isn't as bad as it is made out to be (See the Yahoo! article calling it an embarrasment).

We all know it is now "hip" to shit all over COD games yet they continue to sell and sell and sell.

Know this I find it odd that everyone is quick to say how big a failure the vita version is yet it sets at 4/5 stars on Amazon while the 360 and PS3 versions of Black Ops II both sit at 3/5.

For $50 no but it is a much better gimme then some of the other junk that gets bundled with handles (Steel Diver anyone?)

[quote name='PublikDefender']gamestop is the only retailer that has announced the ass creed vita for $200. joystiq probably just got the story wrong. i don't have any faith in game "journalists." hopefully, amazon and best buy decide to price match it as bf arrives.[/QUOTE]

I don't know...the VP of Marketing - Home Consoles and Handheld Platforms for SCEA should be a good enough source.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/

It's called a press release - it's written by the marketing department at Sony. I think we can take their word for it ;)

is Amazon gonna PM?

if you join Playstation Campus/College, you get a $30PSN voucher for buying the bundle I think (not sure if it's at 200 or 250

Really hoping this is true. I've pretty much decided to grab a Vita now, there's a half dozen or so games I'd really like to play and then the PS+ stuff.

really tempted for the white vita (dat racism ;) but idk i might just wait, the vita is getting price dropped next year

but the ps+ vita games may be worth it and i can probably sell AC3L to make back some of the money, idk

[quote name='wilflare']is Amazon gonna PM?

if you join Playstation Campus/College, you get a $30PSN voucher for buying the bundle I think (not sure if it's at 200 or 250[/QUOTE]

Please, do tell. Have a link?

My brother just purchased yhe COD bundle and I plan to get the girlfriend the AC3 bindle next week.

The white vita is absolutely amazing, but just letting people who are interested in getting it that AC3 Liberations does not come with a case in the packaging. It is the game and memory packaged side by side in a plastic. The game is good and story good just really really glitchy. I had several issues with sound going out, freezing, and a lot of screen tearing. In the CoD bundle I heard it is the voucher of the game I cant really confirm that but defeats the purpose of including the 4gb memory card since 3 gbs of it goes to the game.

Oh and I tried trading in Liberations without case at Best Buy and got denied so I only got about $12 at Gamestop

[quote name='TheEliminator62']The white vita is absolutely amazing, but just letting people who are interested in getting it that AC3 Liberations does not come with a case in the packaging. It is the game and memory packaged side by side in a plastic. The game is good and story good just really really glitchy. I had several issues with sound going out, freezing, and a lot of screen tearing. In the CoD bundle I heard it is the voucher of the game I cant really confirm that but defeats the purpose of including the 4gb memory card since 3 gbs of it goes to the game.

Oh and I tried trading in Liberations without case at Best Buy and got denied so I only got about $12 at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

The CoD bundle does not have a voucher for the game for the US version the game and memory card are packaged just like the AC bundle, the EU version does have a voucher. This can all be seen in the unboxing videos on YouTube...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."

[quote name='hyukevain']http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. Majority want the AC Bundle anyways and amazon will have it. :)

I have a question...

I really don't like white electronics but for some reason the AC Vita bundle appeals to me and I'm looking to get a second vita for the girlfriend.

What are the odds this will turn yellow or have some yellowing occur? I have this picture in my mind of the old Apple keyboards that yellow only after a few months of use and get progressively worse with age.

Maybe the hori screen protector that covers the entire front face would help? and then put a skin on it? I dunno I'm just really particular about my electronics.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a question...

I really don't like white electronics but for some reason the AC Vita bundle appeals to me and I'm looking to get a second vita for the girlfriend.

What are the odds this will turn yellow or have some yellowing occur? I have this picture in my mind of the old Apple keyboards that yellow only after a few months of use and get progressively worse with age.

Maybe the hori screen protector that covers the entire front face would help? and then put a skin on it? I dunno I'm just really particular about my electronics.[/QUOTE]

My brother kept his white psp for 4 years and never yellowed at all. I think Sony does a pretty good job from having the system do this

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a question...

[/QUOTE]
It appeals to you probably because a white console from Sony being sold in north america is rare. The PS3 never received another color besides black in north america except for the gun metal grey PS3. Even the white psps were limited to the first 2 iterations of the psps.

[quote name='TheEliminator62']My brother kept his white psp for 4 years and never yellowed at all. I think Sony does a pretty good job from having the system do this[/QUOTE]

Is their a glossy coating on the AC Vita? Maybe that helps....

I guess I should not be a douche and get the girlfriend's preference

[quote name='htz']It appeals to you probably because a white console from Sony being sold in north america is rare. The PS3 never received another color besides black in north america except for the gun metal grey PS3. Even the white psps were limited to the first 2 iterations of the psps.[/QUOTE]

No I'm a little OCD and I like everything to be uniform. Electronics = black; wood furniture (TV Stand, Book Shelves, etc.) = expresso

I just think having your TV, receiver, speakers, game consoles, cables (HDMI, Component, speaker wire) satellite/cable box all one color looks sleeker.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their a glossy coating on the AC Vita? Maybe that helps....

I guess I should not be a douche and get the girlfriend's preference[/QUOTE]

Yes its glossy. Its really a damn nice color for the Vita

bread's done
Back