Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#241 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Went to my local G$ at 5am this morning and they only had five ACIII bundles, which didn't show up on the in-store tracker. Of course, they wouldn't match Amazon's price, but I was told "if the [Gamestop] website does it, then we can do it."

I'd been finagling G$ credit since the sales leaked, so I went ahead and snagged it. Already got All-Stars and I've still got a good 8 months on my PS+ membership. Now, just need to track down a deal on a bigger memory card...

#242 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Deal is live, but it doesn't mention All Stars. Maybe have to wait for Gold Box.

#243 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Deal is live, but it doesn't mention All Stars. Maybe have to wait for Gold Box.

It is in the 'special offers section. It is an auto bundle if you click in the goldbox description, I believe.

#244 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I bought it as soon as the price dropped to $179.99. I hope I didn't mess up by doing that.

#245 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Got it in my cart at $179 right now... not sure if I can pull the trigger... *sigh*

#246 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yup, link that shows the deal with a bit more detail on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B002I0JZOC

FYI: All-Stars Battle Royale comes as a DLC code as expected.

Edit: Haha that's hilarious. The AC3 vita bundles says sold out on the gold box page but yet it's still available through the standard product page with the special price/bundle.

#247 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

What are some good accessories to get it with? Names of good products/products recommended......please and thank you..

#248 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yup, link that shows the deal with a bit more detail on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B002I0JZOC

FYI: All-Stars Battle Royale comes as a DLC code as expected.

Edit: Haha that's hilarious. The AC3 vita bundles says sold out on the gold box page but yet it's still available through the standard product page with the special price/bundle.

Did you already get your code or was that something you read? I canceled my order and re-ordered it from the gold box page, just to be safe. Hopefully it all works out. It's a really great deal. Also, I'm wondering if the code will also allow us to snatch the game on the PS3 store as well. I'm thinking it probably won't, but that would be a nice bonus.

#249 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I bought it as soon as the price dropped to $179.99. I hope I didn't mess up by doing that.

Just ordered mine too! Awesome. Now I have some BF offers to look through to get some games for this "beast". I looked at a PS Vita up close for the first time the other day, and wow is it powerful!

Rambojr03.png

card.png

fs.png

#250 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Can you check ebay and amazon from a vita? can i download a barcode scanner app?

#251 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Did you already get your code or was that something you read? I canceled my order and re-ordered it from the gold box page, just to be safe. Hopefully it all works out. It's a really great deal. Also, I'm wondering if the code will also allow us to snatch the game on the PS3 store as well. I'm thinking it probably won't, but that would be a nice bonus.

Something I read;
"For today only, November 23, 2012, and while supplies last, get $70 off the PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle. The bundle comes with over $65 in additional value exclusive to Amazon.com customers, including a DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita, a $10 credit to use toward "Assassin's Creed III" for Xbox 360 or PS3, and a 3 month trial to PS +. Applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site."

Also read this;
"•Promotional offer applies only to purchases of a qualifying PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle on November 23, 2012, shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

So as long as you buy the bundle on this day that is shipped and sold by Amazon you should be golden. If they don't send you the extras later you can use this little fact to call them out on it.

#252 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just ordered mine too! Awesome. Now I have some BF offers to look through to get some games for this "beast". I looked at a PS Vita up close for the first time the other day, and wow is it powerful!

The only exposure I've had to it was at a poker table, of all places. One of my players (I'm a dealer) had just bought one. He was playing Dynasty Warriors - meh. I didn't get to see the screen, but the hardware is big, and it was sexy. lol.

I feel like I'd use it, but then again my DS and 2 PSPs have been gathering dust for a LOOONG time.

If I hadn't had several emergency expenditures in the last month, this would be a no brainer.

#253 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Can you check ebay and amazon from a vita? can i download a barcode scanner app?

anyone? I need a device that can scan barcodes or at the very least browse amazon and ebay.

#254 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Something I read;
"For today only, November 23, 2012, and while supplies last, get $70 off the PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle. The bundle comes with over $65 in additional value exclusive to Amazon.com customers, including a DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita, a $10 credit to use toward "Assassin's Creed III" for Xbox 360 or PS3, and a 3 month trial to PS +. Applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site."

Also read this;
"•Promotional offer applies only to purchases of a qualifying PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle on November 23, 2012, shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

So as long as you buy the bundle on this day that is shipped and sold by Amazon you should be golden. If they don't send you the extras later you can use this little fact to call them out on it.

Alright good. Thank you!

#255 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

What are some good accessories to get it with? Names of good products/products recommended......please and thank you..

I love these handgrips:

http://www.amazon.co...Vita hand grips

Makes holding the vita for a long period of time MUCH more comfortable for me.

#256 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

F it! I went ahead and got this bundle with $9 Saturday prime shipping so I'd get it tomorrow. I'm such a tool : /

Edited by supraazn, 23 November 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#257 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

AmazonJosh:

"Yeah, the goodies are going to everyone that bought the bundle today, regardless of the time or page they purchased from."

Confirmed. :D

And don't feel bad, supraazn, I paid $10 to have it on Monday. Wish I had prime, ha.

#258 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I love these handgrips:

http://www.amazon.co...Vita hand grips

Makes holding the vita for a long period of time MUCH more comfortable for me.

Because the damn thing just isn't big enough already, right?

Now I'm gonna regret ordering the AC3 bundle because if I decide on grips like these, I bet I won't be able to find white ones.

F it! I went ahead and got this bundle with $9 Saturday prime shipping so I'd get it tomorrow. I'm such a tool : /

That is almost EXACTLY what I was going to post, INCLUDING the Saturday shipping. If I'm gonna rape my wallet, might as well get my shiny new toy tomorrow. :D

Merry Christmas to us. heh.

#259 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Because the damn thing just isn't big enough already, right?

Now I'm gonna regret ordering the AC3 bundle because if I decide on grips like these, I bet I won't be able to find white ones.

Not for me it isn't. It's extremely uncomfortable, even after 30 minutes of play.

#260 ifhd

ifhd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

game recommendation

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Gravity Rush
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita
MLB 12: The Show
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?

#261 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

anyone? I need a device that can scan barcodes or at the very least browse amazon and ebay.

You're going to want/need a smartphone.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#262 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Not for me it isn't. It's extremely uncomfortable, even after 30 minutes of play.

I hear you, I just think that grip looks monstrously big, on an already large "portable". I have big hands myself, so I very well could end up with one if my hands hurt like yours.

Does the grip interfere with the back touch surface at all? I can see on the listing that it's open in back, but there is a bit of plastic covering the back when the grip is installed.

#263 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

game recommendation

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?

Thanks for this! Now I'm regretting my decision not to buy MLB 12 The Show for $15 when I had it in my cart. Had I known about this Vita Offer then, I'd have jumped all over it. I can't wait to play all of my Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade games on it as well. My PSN Plus subscription got even better if that's possible? 6 Free games including Uncharted: Golden Abyss just waiting to be played!

Rambojr03.png

card.png

fs.png

#264 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

game recommendation

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?

Little Big Planet, which might be the best of the series.

#265 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

game recommendation

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?

Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have any interest in JRPGs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#266 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Wow I expected more activity in this thread since it seems like a WHOLE lotta CAGs jumped on this deal, according to Cheapy anyway.

I got my Vita at 10 am thanks to Saturday shipping. I am pretty happy with it. Only played Hot Shots Golf on it so far, and it looks amazing for a handheld.

I picked up Blaz Blue and Katamari, although I might exchange Katamari for Little Deviants or the F1 game if I dont like it (took advantage of the pre-owned buy 2 get 1 at GameStop).

I'd like to try some multiplayer sometime, so feel free to add me on PSN: teknikalei .

Happy Holidays!

#267 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have any interest in JRPGs.

This right here, I got my copy when it released and have been playing it non-stop. Haven't touched any of my new games at all.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#268 waterboy100

waterboy100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

holy crap. mine got in this afternoon. came all the awy from vegas to the greater los angeles area by 4pm

#269 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

For that list of games I dont know how Virtues Last Reward isnt on there.

If you never played 999 it'll lose some of it's effect so play that first if you have a ds/3ds but otherwise VLR is a must buy if there's any interest.

holy crap. mine got in this afternoon. came all the awy from vegas to the greater los angeles area by 4pm

Yeah mine arrived in 18 hours from time of order.

#270 Average Fury

Average Fury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Yeah mine arrived in 18 hours from time of order.

What shipping speed did you choose?