Papa John's Appreciation Day

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I wish conservatives would just be honest and admit that they're really anarchists, that they'd love nothing more than have a nation where everyone's survival is up to them and it's basically survival of the fittest. Guns, ammo, and stay the Fuck off mah property!!!

Here we thought that the nation would end up like it did in Idiocracy, when it's Mad Max we're really looking at.

#62 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

How about the federal government just handling the duties specifically laid out to it in the Constitution? http://www.youtube.c...&v=wWkUaJId7pM#
Good stuff, Temporaryscars,....actually very scary.

#63 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

The constitution, the only thing more infallible than the founders themselves.

#64 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

I wish conservatives would just be honest and admit that they're really anarchists, that they'd love nothing more than have a nation where everyone's survival is up to them and it's basically survival of the fittest. Guns, ammo, and stay the Fuck off mah property!!!

Here we thought that the nation would end up like it did in Idiocracy, when it's Mad Max we're really looking at.

Oh, I think "Tank Girl" is more likely.
Posted Image

#65 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

The constitution, the only thing more infallible than the founders themselves.

The founders would shit themselves if they saw the world today. While the Constitution is a great framework for our government to pretend like it answers all our problems today is simplistic. In fact, I think the founders would wonder why we have expanded our military into the vast imperialistic entity it is today. The founders would also wonder why blacks were free and women could vote.

#66 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

It's amazing how people cherry pick sections of the Constitution for their own political gain. Blatantly deny obvious constitutional support for something like gay marriage, but never, EVER let your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment be debated...
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#67 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

While I can't be arsed to find someone who says they wish for *themselves* to be poor so they can take advantage of government aid, the very notion of disdain for government aid is that it creates the "entitlement culture" (a branded and approved political phrase used by the right) and "dependency" - that is, that government aid makes people lethargic, comfortable, and unmotivated to do anything but continue to access more government aid - there's no way you would dare deny that this is a favorite argument of the right. You shouldn't demand proof of something so self-evident, unless you also demand proof of, say, a Republican seeking to propose tax cuts. That's the threshold for how obvious what you're demanding is.

1:20 on in this video, darlin:

"poverty trap, a creater and reinforcer of dependency." That's the argument camoor is making. Welfare makes people lazy, comfortable, and unwilling to work.

See also: Mitt Romney's "free gifts" rationale from this past week's conference call as to how Obama won the presidential election two weeks ago. Such "man, the poor are indeed so comfortable" rhetoric among the right is more prominent in the Republican party than being white is at this point.

Thanks Myke. I was getting exasperated and losing what little cool I have.

I loved the "free gifts" quote. Poor Republicans are the only constituency stupid enough to not understand when they are being openly insulted by their representatives.

#68 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

The founders would shit themselves if they saw the world today. While the Constitution is a great framework for our government to pretend like it answers all our problems today is simplistic. In fact, I think the founders would wonder why we have expanded our military into the vast imperialistic entity it is today. The founders would also wonder why blacks were free and women could vote.

Meh, I don't think they would be all that surprised. They made the constitution into a living document, with amendments right off the bat, for a reason.

Besides they were educated men, and hence were more progressive them ppl give them credit for.

As for the military, checkout what happened during the First Barbary War. The founders weren't babes in the woods when it came to foreign policy.

#69 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Not anarchists - most of them are theocratic corporatists. It's only the conservative libertarians of America that are more accurately described as anarcho-capitalists.

#70 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Right. They want to be rich, they want to be worshiped by the Plebians, and they want the government to make sure conditions are ripe for that to happen.
Posted Image

#71 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Well, I guess I'm out then. If that is really what you guys think then I'm sure there's no room for discussion.

Now if only there were a way to make tapatalk ignore Vs completely...

#72 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Don't let the door hit you.

I wrote a coherent and lengthy reply to your "derp, don't you think there are people who are too lazy to get off welfare, derp" post, and you didn't have shit to say in response.

Now that I call you out as being a plutocrat bootlicker, you want to cry and leave? Be my guest, it was evident you duck and hide any discussion of substance in the first place.
Posted Image

#73 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Not anarchists - most of them are theocratic corporatists. It's only the conservative libertarians of America that are more accurately described as anarcho-capitalists.

I see it as this, those with power and wealth within the conservative movement, they're the corporatists, many of them either working for the corporations or owning them themselves. Then you have the what I'll call the redneck conservatives. The guys who are buying ammo by the case and clearing out gun stores of anything that fires a projectile. These are the anarchists, these are the folks who would prefer the nation to be some sort of chaotic, live by the gun type world. Where those in power are the ones who have the most land and weaponry, and the only currency is gold and silver. It'd be like a nation run by a bunch of hillbilly gangsters.

#74 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, it's basically the fiscal/social conservative divide you're talking about. With the redneck conservative branch just being the extreme end of the social conservative segment.

#75 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well, I guess I'm out then. If that is really what you guys think then I'm sure there's no room for discussion.

Now if only there were a way to make tapatalk ignore Vs completely...

We'll be waiting for round 3.

#76 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

We'll be waiting for round 3.

haha, I was thinking the same thing when I read that, "haven't we heard this before from him?"

#77 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes, just as eating fried chicken is supposed to be an assault on gay marriage, eating fucked up pizza is good enough to show your hate for health care. http://www.nationalr...an-kay-melchior

get a double cheese pizza every day with no sauce and within a month you will have a heart attack :)
WOOOO I STINK

#78 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

So do you think they should eat the extra cost or raise prices?

PPP had a question in their polling about raising prices (I think Papa John's said it would be thirty cents or so a pizza) and the response was overwhelmingly in favor of just adding the cost to the pizza.

Edit: Whoops, it was thirteen not thirty. Here's one response from their VA poll:

Q10 Would you pay 11 to 14 cents extra for a Papa
John's pizza to ensure that the company’s
employees have health care, or not?
Would pay more.............................................. 59%
Would not........................................................ 22%
Not sure .......................................................... 19%

#79 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

PPP had a question in their polling about raising prices (I think Papa John's said it would be thirty cents or so a pizza) and the response was overwhelmingly in favor of just adding the cost to the pizza.

He said it was 13 to 14 cents, but someone crunched the numbers and it was actually closer to 4.5 cents.;)

#80 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Sometimes I think it's a principal thing, they don't want to do it out of principal, has nothing to do with money.

#81 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'd 100% support prices on everything I buy going up if its due to offering workers more access to health insurance and other benefits, better wages etc.

I already do so by buying toiletries etc at Target rather than Walmart, supporting local shops when possible etc.

#82 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Sometimes I think it's a principal thing, they don't want to do it out of principal, has nothing to do with money.

No it's a money thing. 5 cents or 15 cents per pizza, whatever it is adds up to alot of money. It's let them eat pie - the head of Papa Johns would rather live in a storybook castle then pay for his worker's healthcare, it's that simple.

#83 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I guess that's why I'd be horrible at business then, I just can't have that attitude. I couldn't weigh a few cents lost on a pizza vs my employees having access to good health care, to me that's a no-brainer.

#84 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I wonder if toilet paper sales will go up within three days of this "event"
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#85 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'd 100% support prices on everything I buy going up if its due to offering workers more access to health insurance and other benefits, better wages etc.

I already do so by buying toiletries etc at Target rather than Walmart, supporting local shops when possible etc.

Target is no better than Walmart. Same anti-union, crap wages and non-benefits product in a red wrapper, instead of a blue one. The only thing Target has going for it is it has much less instances of destroying small town economies by bullying their way in (which is likely more a result of their smaller size rather than altruism).

#86 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

No it's a money thing. 5 cents or 15 cents per pizza, whatever it is adds up to alot of money. It's let them eat pie - the head of Papa Johns would rather live in a storybook castle then pay for his worker's healthcare, it's that simple.

dont like it then dont work for them... NOONE OWES ANYONE HEATHCARE

just like the little sob at walmart saying we STRIKE Unless you pay us 13 bucks per hour ... LOL your lucky you make 7.50 an hour standing around walmart doing nothing

why should GM make a profit they should give everyone FREE NEW CARS EVERY YEAR

obamacare is the reason the insurance is skyrocking but noone will blame him for the crap he caused

Can put this to reason..

Hey if you want to pay 15 cents more for your pizza so we get health insurance then you can pay 50 cents to a buck more per pizza so we make 12 bucks per hour .... hell then you can pay 50 cents more for a pizza so kids working at papa johns can go to college for free... HELL LETS PAY 10 bucks more per pizza so everyone can get their house payments paid for them from people buying pizzas
WOOOO I STINK

#87 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Oh for Fuck's sake, does this indicate another month long bender of slidecage in VS. forums? There goes the neighborhood (again).

#88 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Oh for Fuck's sake, does this indicate another month long bender of slidecage in VS. forums? There goes the neighborhood (again).

saying if you want to pay

xxxx more for a pizza to pay for their health insurance

then why not

xxxx more for a pay raise
xxxxx more for free college
xxxx more for free cars for the drivers

ect ect ect
WOOOO I STINK

#89 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

saying if you want to pay

xxxx more for a pizza to pay for their health insurance

then why not

xxxx more for a pay raise
xxxxx more for free college
xxxx more for free cars for the drivers

ect ect ect

You really

have

no

idea what

you are

saying

do you

#90 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Target is no better than Walmart. Same anti-union, crap wages and non-benefits product in a red wrapper, instead of a blue one. The only thing Target has going for it is it has much less instances of destroying small town economies by bullying their way in (which is likely more a result of their smaller size rather than altruism).

They're not a great company, but far better than Wal-mart. Have known people who worked for both, got better pay and treatment form Target. Though still shitty like all retailers.

But just not much option for things like pet food, toiletries etc. Pretty much big box stores like Target or pay more at the grocery stores (that also treat their employees pretty crummy most of the time).

So just a matter of picking the lesser evil for those types of things. And also factoring in shopping experience. Targets around here (and the other couple places I've lived) are much cleaner, better organized, have better quality products and better service.

Edited by dmaul1114, 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM.