Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#3301 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

call me crazy but, Id bite eon this if it wasn't greatest hits packaging to be honest... I don't know the likelihood of getting that red case.. haha.
Posted Image

#3302 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

It's worth $10 and that's what it is in the Microsoft online store right now

Out of stock :\

#3303 Nintendo_Hawk

Nintendo_Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Prototype 2 now OOS in MS. Dang .. almost got one :(

#3304 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yea I got 6 games from the MS Store myself(Forza Horizon, Dragons Dogma, DBZ UT, Asura Wrath, Ace Combat, and Sonic Gen). I thought about canceling Skyrim, but I'll wait to see if MS restocks. If I nab one for 10, I'll just sell the 25 one on ebay after the holidays. If I dont nab one, then Im still cool with getting it for 25, since its content is so large on top of me being a Scrolls fan. :)

I'm sure Skyrim is well worth $25. My problem is that I'm ordering 10 games from MS so by the time I get around to playing Skyrim, it will probably be $20 or less somewhere.

#3305 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Out of stock :\

Keep checking 😀 they were in and put yesterday

#3306 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Any abel to PM @Target even though the website shows OOS? I would love to grab a few $9 games but missed out when they were first put up there.

#3307 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Just wanted to share a quick story. Purchased a few of the great deals on Amazon last night using my Amazon Credit Card. Woke up this morning and there was an issue with my card the 1st time. First order came to a little over $20 after gift cards and Reward Points applied. After reentering my information my Reward Points were no longer being used making my order closer to $50. Chatted with 1 Rep and they told me I would be charged only the $20 but they didnt seem too sure. Chatted with a 2nd Rep who was kinda rude and told me I would be charged the full amount and nothing they could do. This forced me to Chat with a 3rd Rep who was amazing. Basically I canceled my order, redid it and they not only price adjusted the original order amount but took off a few extra bucks in the process. I don't chat with Amazon much because I don't shop there as much as I would like to but when I do rarely have an issue the problem is always resolved.

Working in retail I know that 9 out of 10 times a bad experience will be told to friends but only 1 out of 10 times a good experience will be told to friends and this was a deff a good experience I wanted to pass along to fellow CAGers.

#3308 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Can someone explain why FO: New Vegas for 360 is the only version not price matched down to 20 dollars?

#3309 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

MS Store changed a sh*t load of games to 10 dollars. When did that happen? This is better than walmart and amazon(unless amazon has already PM). And Skyrim for 10 has already sold out lol

yea, but i kinda reminds me of bestbuys clearance/ blow out sale with those prices

#3310 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Was kinda hoping Amazon would match some more of the MS deals...

#3311 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Was kinda hoping Amazon would match some more of the MS deals...

Yeah, not gonna happen. As much as I love Amazon and will always order stuff from them, the days of them offering the deepest discounts or leading the way for bargain titles is long, long gone almost across the board now. Especially when it comes to BF. It certainly is not even close to being the "event" it used to be there.

Also makes me worried that -- if we didn't have BB or other retailers initiating these deals -- what kind of prices would Amazon have without the competition? It's like they lower them in response to what others are doing...not initiating these deals on their own (this now sold-out $100 Bond Blu Ray set notwithstanding)

#3312 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with Amazon? When you go to the deals page, everything shows as "Currently unavailable"
Posted Image

#3313 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, not gonna happen. As much as I love Amazon and will always order stuff from them, the days of them offering the deepest discounts or leading the way for bargain titles is long, long gone almost across the board now. Especially when it comes to BF. It certainly is not even close to being the "event" it used to be there.

Also makes me worried that -- if we didn't have BB or other retailers initiating these deals -- what kind of prices would Amazon have without the competition? It's like they lower them in response to what others are doing...not initiating these deals on their own (this now sold-out $100 Bond Blu Ray set notwithstanding)

Yea, that's because too many people have taken advantage of Amazon in the past. Those people have ruined it for everyone. Those people are people among us on this very site.

#3314 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

well, amazon was the only retailer who provided the $179 vita bundle deal with added bonus.

#3315 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yea, that's because too many people have taken advantage of Amazon in the past. Those people have ruined it for everyone. Those people are people among us on this very site.

lol, you are putting it too lightly, people were literally threatening amazon customer service with death threats over $5 price difference, because they bought certain games for $5 more

#3316 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Just wanted to share a quick story. Purchased a few of the great deals on Amazon last night using my Amazon Credit Card. Woke up this morning and there was an issue with my card the 1st time. First order came to a little over $20 after gift cards and Reward Points applied. After reentering my information my Reward Points were no longer being used making my order closer to $50. Chatted with 1 Rep and they told me I would be charged only the $20 but they didnt seem too sure. Chatted with a 2nd Rep who was kinda rude and told me I would be charged the full amount and nothing they could do. This forced me to Chat with a 3rd Rep who was amazing. Basically I canceled my order, redid it and they not only price adjusted the original order amount but took off a few extra bucks in the process. I don't chat with Amazon much because I don't shop there as much as I would like to but when I do rarely have an issue the problem is always resolved.

Working in retail I know that 9 out of 10 times a bad experience will be told to friends but only 1 out of 10 times a good experience will be told to friends and this was a deff a good experience I wanted to pass along to fellow CAGers.

unfortunately as far as Amazon goes you had a bad experience, normally amazon will take care of your problem and throw you a few dollars the first time you contact them not the 3rd they have the best CS in the world sure they don't have a good knowledge of the english language but they always come through

#3317 SpecialK7225

SpecialK7225

Counting Cards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I just noticed that the Ratchet and Clank Collection is currently the same price, $15, as its lightening deal was earlier.

#3318 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Can someone explain why FO: New Vegas for 360 is the only version not price matched down to 20 dollars?

Don't know if you've seen it yet but it's OOS on Amazon but click add to card on right from Amazon and it is $20...

Turtle Beach X12's $29.99, beat yesterdays and BF's best price by $5. I never got around to ordering them yesterday. :applause:

#3319 Hardware

Hardware

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Don't know if you've seen it yet but it's OOS on Amazon but click add to card on right from Amazon and it is $20...

Turtle Beach X12's $29.99, beat yesterdays and BF's best price by $5. I never got around to ordering them yesterday. :applause:

Weren't yesterday and Black Friday the same thing? I may pick that headset up.

#3320 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Weren't yesterday and Black Friday the same thing? I may pick that headset up.

Ment BF everywhere and their own price which was $35 PMed to GS. It's not surround but it's got great reviews and it's half the normal price.

#3321 Cyrian

Cyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with Amazon? When you go to the deals page, everything shows as "Currently unavailable"

If you search for the games by themselves they'll show up with the sale prices, it just doesn't work if you click on them on the deals page. Weird.

#3322 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm sure Skyrim is well worth $25. My problem is that I'm ordering 10 games from MS so by the time I get around to playing Skyrim, it will probably be $20 or less somewhere.

Ha yea thats true. For me I'll be playing it first among the games I get.

#3323 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks. Went ahead and did that. :bouncy:

#3324 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks. Went ahead and did that. :bouncy:

I would totally recommend against the X12. There's a reason they are always around this price and just getting cheaper. They are annoying with long cables that get tangled up. I'd much rather have a wireless mic and not having wires run across the floor in my room.

I bought mine last Black Friday and never use it. I prefer to use the cheap Microsoft 360 headsets.

#3325 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

It is down to 20, look at the other buying options.

#3326 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

This thread just became dead once MS had their deals lol

#3327 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Anyone else get super fast shipping on their lightning deals? R&C Collection shipped out yesterday with an estimated delivery date of Tuesday and it arrived today (on a Saturday, no less). I had a similar situation with The Lorax blu ray lightning deal I ordered earlier in the week. I used Prime shipping for both.

#3328 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

One of my items from Amazon is being delivered by FedEx. I don't think I've ever seen Amazon use anyone other than UPS/USPS in all the years I've been ordering from them.

#3329 R4L

R4L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

lol, you are putting it too lightly, people were literally threatening amazon customer service with death threats over $5 price difference, because they bought certain games for $5 more

That's seriously pathetic if you aren't joking. If your life comes to you threatening customer service with death threats over $5 its time to off yourself :drool:

#3330 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ordered X-Com on the LD yesterday at 12PM. It already arrived at my house before 12PM.

That may be the fastest shipping on any order from them yet.

Posted Image