Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#331 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

I hope I can get FIFA and nba...many people the games will be gone within my second...very exciting
If I am not prime member, I need to pay the shipping for sly collection. Am I right?

#332 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Too many people sucking amazon's balls. Come on people support your local stores since they are the ones that actually hire people. I know going out in the wild sucks but that's what drives the economy.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#333 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I wish I didn't have to spend $25 to get free shipping. All I want is GTA IV Complete.

#334 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Too many people sucking amazon's balls. Come on people support your local stores since they are the ones that actually hire people. I know going out in the wild sucks but that's what drives the economy.

You can't really support anything being trampled to death by some 300lb woman trying to get a $2 SD card.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#335 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Any word on what Amazon means when they say LBP Karting is their "featured game" for BF Deals Week. If you look at the BF promo box on any game page (here is GTA for example) it says LBP Karting is featured.

Hoping they drop it to $25 like a couple other retailers...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#336 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

As someone who's who's been to 5-6 different Black Fridays in my life, please don't listen to all this garbage from people telling you that you are gonna get trampled, killed, destroyed at the event. Most of you here are looking for games or blu rays, the drama occurs with the big items such as Televisions, Laptops, Tablets. I've been to wal mart, frys and even Targets in Los Angeles and Orange County and although if I got there at opening it was slim pickins, I still found most of what I wanted. The idiots were in the ruckus inside fighting over the big items. Pallet items are for the most part the last thing people are fighting about. Sometimes you even see games and blu rays on the ground being stepped on in the aftermath :)

#337 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

As someone who's who's been to 5-6 different Black Fridays in my life, please don't listen to all this garbage from people telling you that you are gonna get trampled, killed, destroyed at the event. Most of you here are looking for games or blu rays, the drama occurs with the big items such as Televisions, Laptops, Tablets. I've been to wal mart, frys and even Targets in Los Angeles and Orange County and although if I got there at opening it was slim pickins, I still found most of what I wanted. The idiots were in the ruckus inside fighting over the big items. Pallet items are for the most part the last thing people are fighting about. Sometimes you even see games and blu rays on the ground being stepped on in the aftermath :)

So don't listen to the garbage but then you talk about how people are fighting each other?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#338 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Not as good as I was expecting. Not at all.

The only thing I see decent is sly collection for $10 and masseffect for $8

Problem is the shipping. You either have to force yourself to get a item you otherwise didn't want or pay a smaller shipping charge. Not to mention if those games aren't the same price at the same time then you'll have to do multiple orders.

I'm 50/50 if ill be ordering anything. Might just pay off a pre-order for MGR or GTAV instead.

Getting a pre-order payed off for GTAV sounds better to me then any of these amazon deals. I wish they gave a pre-order bonus since I have amazon credit.

needler420.png

#339 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

So don't listen to the garbage but then you talk about how people are fighting each other?

Why don't you read it again champ and remember to look for the clues inside the text block! Such as details about items people are fighting over. You're probably moving on from Choose Your Own Adventure into Goosebumps so I totally understand if you're missing the point with your reading grade level.

#340 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Actually the most insane place on BF in SoCal where I have been to is actually the Desert Hill outlets.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#341 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Last I checked Amazon hires Americans. I believe also most CAGs shop where the deal is.
Posted Image

#342 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Last I checked Amazon hires Americans. I believe also most CAGs shop where the deal is.

I wouldn't say that. While I'm sure they hire Americans I'm also pretty sure a lot of their customer service workers are overseas. I could be wrong but their chat names always look like a name coming out of Asia. I see a lot of India nicknames.

needler420.png

#343 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

YEA people, go to walmart or gamestop instead.

#344 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

In the past I've ordered plenty of lightning deals that were under $25 and got free shipping on every order. Unless Amazon changed it I never worry about the $25 mark for free shipping. I remember getting a blu ray for $5 and no shipping charge. I'm also not a Prime member so I hope they haven't changed this.

#345 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I love that they've announced both the time and pricing for everything - though that could leave me totally doomed for what little I do want - but I'm still disappointed in this compared to their amazing deals from prior to 2010, maybe 2009.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#346 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Why don't you read it again champ and remember to look for the clues inside the text block! Such as details about items people are fighting over. You're probably moving on from Choose Your Own Adventure into Goosebumps so I totally understand if you're missing the point with your reading grade level.

Choose Your Own Adventure......I LOVED those books. Ahhhhh.....the memories.....
Posted Image

#347 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Everyone here saying they'll get this game or that game to avoid going to walmart... didn't these lightning deals sell out extremely quickly last year? Like, within a minute for some of them? Seems like a pretty big risk to me. I'd rather avoid Walmart too, but I feel I have a better chance at actually getting the product there

#348 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

It's not like I never wanted to stay in the frozen hours for the Black Friday sales, but I only have a few items I desire to purchase for the big day. Would've changed if there's any good 3DS XL sale going on out there, but no such luck.

Right now, I only have Sly Cooper Collection and Dishonored as items worth buying for cheap, and I'm pretty darn sure Dishonored will be sold out quick at Walmart, and even quicker online if I don't act fast. Besides, I don't think Gamestop or Walmart are in serious danger of employees losing jobs (right now).

It would be awesome to get Journey for cheap, but there's no sale for it available. Oh well.

#349 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

I love that they've announced both the time and pricing for everything - though that could leave me totally doomed for what little I do want - but I'm still disappointed in this compared to their amazing deals from prior to 2010, maybe 2009.

Well next year there's going to be items like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Ni No Kuni, Hitman Absolution(I know it comes out this year just talking about BF Sales), Sly Cooper 4, Far Cry 3, Last of Us, God of War Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls, Metro Last Light, Remember Me, and Grid 2.

So if you can hold off buying most of these games until the holidays next year, you'll be in for a very satisfying BF 2013.

Assuming we don't die in a month of course.:cold:

#350 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think you guys are forgetting that this is just their lighting deals schedule. If I remember correctly, they also have all day sales. Whether those will be comparable remains to be seen.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#351 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

In the past I've ordered plenty of lightning deals that were under $25 and got free shipping on every order. Unless Amazon changed it I never worry about the $25 mark for free shipping. I remember getting a blu ray for $5 and no shipping charge. I'm also not a Prime member so I hope they haven't changed this.

It's cause lightning deals are discounts, the free super saver shipping looks at the before discount price. If the before discount price is over $25 you get free shipping.

I think you guys are forgetting that this is just their lighting deals schedule. If I remember correctly, they also have all day sales. Whether those will be comparable remains to be seen.

I spent most of my money at newegg and best buy last year. The reason is because even though amazon matches there sales, they have them up at random times throughout the day. When both best buy and newegg had everything up at once during midnight. I'm doing the same thing this year, and using amazon as a backup encase those two sell out.

#352 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

It's cause lightning deals are discounts, the free super saver shipping looks at the before discount price. If the before discount price is over $25 you get free shipping.

You know, I don't think this is true anymore. I had this conversation with someone who said it didn't work anymore

I have prime so I dunno.

#353 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Any word on when the Vita deals are going live?

#354 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I spent most of my money at newegg and best buy last year. The reason is because even though amazon matches there sales, they have them up at random times throughout the day. When both best buy and newegg had everything up at once during midnight. I'm doing the same thing this year, and using amazon as a backup encase those two sell out.

Someone said this earlier in the thread so I tried it out on some current lightning deals and didn't seem to work. Before discount was $30, lightning price was $19, still said add $6 to get super saver shipping. I would have some fillers in your cart just in case.

#355 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Why is Syndicate PC only :(
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#356 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Someone said this earlier in the thread so I tried it out on some current lightning deals and didn't seem to work. Before discount was $30, lightning price was $19, still said add $6 to get super saver shipping. I would have some fillers in your cart just in case.

That theory worked for me in the past but then again I haven't really been shopping at amazon much let alone buying anything from there lightning deals.

#357 Bubbakja

Bubbakja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

I thought for sure NFS would be on that list! Welp, guess I'll be fighting the crowds...goddamnit.

I worked at KB toys and best buy for 8 years. Go at 7:30am. There is a lull between the crazy early shoppers and the people waking up and having their coffee and going out. I swore I would never go out during the day after I graduated college and left retail, but I found to many sweet deals on games to avoid it. I get in and out every year in 15minutes and get all the games I go for everytime.

#358 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Any chance nfs:mw will be on sale?

#359 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

any chance nfs:mw will be on sale?

64.9%

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#360 hagz

hagz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

could've swore that Epic Mickey 2 was up for Thanksgiving night for $25 (all plats). Just checked now and it's removed.