Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#421 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

At least the site holds up now. Remember when they used to have a deal for an Xbox 360 at $100 off and it took 10 minutes just to load the page and find out they were gone?

I do remember those days... Just like how Woot.com used to crash every time a Bag of Crap came up.

#422 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

great everything sold out in mere seconds, I may have to rethink my strategy I was planning to stay home and order online but now I will have to go Walmart to get Dishonored, the Sly collection and GT5

O6d6OER.jpg

#423 midorix

midorix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Bit surprised that NBA 2k12 is still available. Is NBA 2k13 that much better for $9+tax more? I'm still debating ( I don't own any NBA 2k series).

#424 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bit surprised that NBA 2k12 is still available. Is NBA 2k13 that much better for $9+tax more? I'm still debating ( I don't own any NBA 2k series).

it's more for the fact that 2k12 has been cheaper both new and used than this in the past and the fact that the people that would buy 2k12 likely know 2k13 is also on sale and the updated roster is worth the difference

#425 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just an FYI, every time I join the waitlist for lightning deals I end up getting it. If you miss out in the first 10 seconds then join the waitlist as fast as possible. I think a lot of people just click buy without even thinking so they can decide if they actually want it.

#426 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Just an FYI, every time I join the waitlist for lightning deals I end up getting it. If you miss out in the first 10 seconds then join the waitlist as fast as possible. I think a lot of people just click buy without even thinking so they can decide if they actually want it.

How exactly does that work? If I'm on the wait list but have to leave the computer, what happens if I'm given the chance to purchase it? Will I be notified in some way(email)?

#427 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

How exactly does that work? If I'm on the wait list but have to leave the computer, what happens if I'm given the chance to purchase it? Will I be notified in some way(email)?

I think a popup window comes up on the Amazon site. I may be mistaken.

#428 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Lego Batman 2 is the only title I'm interested in here. Too bad I have to work on Friday, so I guess I'll be setting an alarm for midnight and hoping I remember why the Fuck I'm getting up so early.

#429 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think a popup window comes up on the Amazon site. I may be mistaken.

Yup. A pop-up appears on the top right with a time of how long they will give you to add it to cart. Did it with Lego Batman a little while ago and the pop-up appeared and gave me 3 minutes to add it to cart.

#430 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

When these games go in mere seconds I am not sure what it accomplishes for Amazon. It is not like I am going to walk around the store and shop. It just ends up making me mad at them. It is a weird sales gimmick.

It's the online equivalent of doorbusters.

Sure it'll be available for people to buy, but most won't be available long since people will buy up the stock.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#431 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yup. A pop-up appears on the top right with a time of how long they will give you to add it to cart. Did it with Lego Batman a little while ago and the pop-up appeared and gave me 3 minutes to add it to cart.

Geez, so I'd have to actually sit there and watch. I'm looking to grab Max Payne and GTA IV complete Friday. I have to leave for work around 5 p.m. eastern. Hopefully I get lucky as I did with Batman last year and I'm able to get them first try.

#432 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

From what I remember last year, the deals before BF proper were very limited, but then a lot of those deals were repeated/beat on BF (and lasted longer)

Also..seems they added a couple more deals. Looks like Professor Layton is soonish? (27 minutes as of this posting, so 1:30 central, 2:30 set

#433 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

It looks like they added a Professor Layton game to the schedule. It starts in about 25 minutes.

#434 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I just called Amazon to ask about the Lego Batman 2 for Wii fiasco (since it still shows up on the calendar but wasn't actually put on sale). They gave me $15 credit to use as I want (but it covers the cost since the game is still $30). Sweet.

#435 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Is this the first time that Amazon has posted a full schedule of Black Friday deals at the start of the week? If so, I would think that everyone knowing exactly what is going on sale when and for how much means that more people will have their fingers on the trigger when sales go live, and deals will sell out even faster than in the past.

#436 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Is this the first time that Amazon has posted a full schedule of Black Friday deals at the start of the week? If so, I would think that everyone knowing exactly what is going on sale when and for how much means that more people will have their fingers on the trigger when sales go live, and deals will sell out even faster than in the past.

I think it's the first time they've released the games schedule ahead of time. I know last year the movies/tv schedule was out early.

#437 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

It looks like they added a Professor Layton game to the schedule. It starts in about 25 minutes.

Nice to see they're adding stuff. With them having Max Payne and GTA IV complete there was only one game I was considering going to Wal-Mart for: GOW Saga. $15 is an insane deal. Hopefully they'll eventually match that.

#438 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

From what I see lightning deals don't ship for free. You still have to have an order of $25 which is what I thought.

If the games you want don't go on sale at the same time you better have a butt load of filler items or prime.

Just to get mass effect and sly collection would take 2 orders with fillers since the lightning deals won't go on sale at the same time.

needler420.png

#439 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

From what I see lightning deals don't ship for free. You still have to have an order of $25 which is what I thought.

If the games you want don't go on sale at the same time you better have a butt load of filler items or prime.

Just to get mass effect and sly collection would take 2 orders with fillers since the lightning deals won't go on sale at the same time.

Actually, it says that until you get ready to check out. I tested it myself with NBA 2K12. It'll tell you "add XX.XX for free super saver shipping" then when you go to check out, the discount is applied as a promotion credit. So as long as the "regular" price of the game is $25 or more, there's no need to add anything.

But yeah, if the normal price isn't $25 or more, you'll need to add some filler.

#440 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I didn't see this in the thread -- but there is a Professor Layton and a Naruto game coming up in the lightning deals.

#441 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Actually, it says that until you get ready to check out. I tested it myself with NBA 2K12. It'll tell you "add XX.XX for free super saver shipping" then when you go to check out, the discount is applied as a promotion credit. So as long as the "regular" price of the game is $25 or more, there's no need to add anything.

But yeah, if the normal price isn't $25 or more, you'll need to add some filler.

yeah, i can confirm that too, i did a test with nba 2k12 as well, lol

#442 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I tested with NBA 2k12 as well before my post lol

It actually kills any type of deal imo as you are forced to add fillers for all the under $25 games. During the good lightning deals nothing else is on sale so you better need some diapers for your kid or something.

If mass effect 2 and sly collection went to lightning deals at the same time I would consider a purchase since I would only need $7 dollars in filler.

The only thing I might do now is skyrim. It's going to go fast and @ $25 it's just ok. Soon a GOTY will be announced and in another month or two that will be the permanet price anyhow.

needler420.png

#443 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I didn't see this in the thread -- but there is a Professor Layton and a Naruto game coming up in the lightning deals.

What's the description of the Naruto game? I'm not seeing anything there even close to a Naruto game.

#444 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

amazon does change up the game titles sometimes.

#445 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Does anyone know if the PC Dishonored have steamworks or GFWL only? It would suck for the latter and that's the only logo I see on the description. It looks like this is box copy and not a dd?

#446 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

What's the description of the Naruto game? I'm not seeing anything there even close to a Naruto game.

Take part in the battles and mysteries that lead up to the epic showdown between Naruto and Sasuke

#447 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

$5 off Layton. Boo.

#448 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

damn, I was planning to get that game for my wife, and I was just sitting waiting for it to pop up. $5 off feels like such a waste.

#449 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Take part in the battles and mysteries that lead up to the epic showdown between Naruto and Sasuke

Ha ha! After reading your post I checked back and it magically appeared on the Lightning Deals list. Silly Amazon.:booty:

#450 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Professor Layton.... $5 off retail