Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#541 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

LDs get realer tomorrow. I want Madden, Sly Collection and maybe Spiderman. I will crush anyone who gets in my way...with my mind.

#542 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Im still sitting on the fence on KoFXIII, looks like there's 20 left.

#543 Bishop

Bishop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

People are buying RE:ORC...

:'(

I'd like to give it a shot myself, honestly. I mean, I love tactical squad-based games, and I'm also a Resident Evil fan... I know it got bad reviews, but I've enjoyed plenty of games that reviewed poorly.

Unfortunately, I don't own a 360, and there appears to be NO WAY to change the default console on these deals, which I believe is a first for Amazon. Never seen them force PS3/360 versions like this on deals before.

#544 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

So this is a dumb and semi-random question, but how do I refuse a package from Amazon? Just write refuse on the box and take it to the post office?

Also, Amazon only cares if you do this multiple times, right?

I've never done this before.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#545 mr_top_hat

mr_top_hat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

So this is a dumb and semi-random question, but how do I refuse a package from Amazon? Just write refuse on the box and take it to the post office?

Also, Amazon only cares if you do this multiple times, right?

I've never done this before.

Tell the driver who is delivering your package to send it back. Or you can return it for full price November - January (I am not sure the exact dates)

#546 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Tell the driver who is delivering your package to send it back. Or you can return it for full price November - January (I am not sure the exact dates)

I already have the package. And if I do a return, I have to pay shipping, right?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#547 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

I already have the package. And if I do a return, I have to pay shipping, right?

If the reason for return is anything other than damage or something like that (something their fault or the carrier's fault), yes.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#548 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

If the reason for return is anything other than damage or something like that (something their fault or the carrier's fault), yes.

That's what I thought, okay, thanks. I'm just gonna call ONTRAC tomorrow and see what they say. I'm pretty sure all I have to do is write Refused on the package and take it to the post office.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#549 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Only take it to the post office if they paid by USPS. If they use ontrack use the ontrack drop box

#550 CAGcrimbo

CAGcrimbo

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

How long can I expect the PS3 deal to last? I'm going to be hovering over the countdown but still, is it going to come down to luck whether or not I can get one or should there be enough stock to cover 5 minutes? How was it last year?
Also is the same PS3 deal available online anywhere else?
Thanks.

#551 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Only take it to the post office if they paid by USPS. If they use ontrack use the ontrack drop box

Good call.

How long can I expect the PS3 deal to last? I'm going to be hovering over the countdown but still, is it going to come down to luck whether or not I can get one or should there be enough stock to cover 5 minutes? How was it last year?
Also is the same PS3 deal available online anywhere else?
Thanks.

You should expect every lightning deal to sell out immediately and be happy when they don't.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#552 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

opinions on Madden for $25 tomorrow? Buy or no buy?

#553 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Its a madden game, if you already have madden 12, you have to decide if the slight amount of new features and updated rosters are worth $25 to you.

#554 Speedfreak3750

Speedfreak3750

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

so much shovelware

#555 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Hmmm..Madden 13 potentially for 20 bucks after the 5 off 25 is real tempting..

#556 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Its a madden game, if you already have madden 12, you have to decide if the slight amount of new features and updated rosters are worth $25 to you.

I havent bought a Madden since 09. Played each of the last few years but didnt really feel they were worth $60, have heard some decent things about 13 though.

#557 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Only a fool would buy it. Don't bother. (Haha, one less person to get in my way)

#558 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

I like to buy sports games every other year. I bought 12 last year, but to get 13 for $20 now is pretty tempting, plus Im sure I can get back $20+ in TIV by Feb. at the latest. This is a tough one.

#559 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Doesn't apply as much this year since they actually rebuilt a lot of things. It also took a couple of months to patch in fantasy drafts, but the current state is pretty good. Some people liked it a lot (I did for a little while, but I miss the old franchise mode and importing from NCAA) but the bottom line is that they at least attempted to do something different on a greater scale for once.

Hopefully they can refine the physics adjustments to be less schizophrenic next year. I mean it's amusing to see weird stuff happen, but some of the things I saw would be career ending injuries in reality.

#560 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Doesn't apply as much this year since they actually rebuilt a lot of things. It also took a couple of months to patch in fantasy drafts, but the current state is pretty good. Some people liked it a lot (I did for a little while, but I miss the old franchise mode and importing from NCAA) but the bottom line is that they at least attempted to do something different on a greater scale for once.

Hopefully they can refine the physics adjustments to be less schizophrenic next year. I mean it's amusing to see weird stuff happen, but some of the things I saw would be career ending injuries in reality.

yeah the franchise mode changes were what turned me off from Madden for a long time, bring back the 05' franchise mode!

#561 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hmmm..Madden 13 potentially for 20 bucks after the 5 off 25 is real tempting..

I wouldn't bother, the game is awful. I grabbed it on the cheap thanks a gift card I got at work. I traded it in a week later. Outside of playing football itself, the game has nothing going for it positively.

#562 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Game play wise it's the best Madden this generation by far. I know a lot of people complained about the Connected Careers mode, but being an online only player, this was the first Madden I actually enjoyed since the PS2 versions. The only game play issues are the bad zone and bad man, but if you're playing against the CPU, it shouldn't be an issue.

iouabeatn.png

#563 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Game play wise it's the best Madden this generation by far. I know a lot of people complained about the Connected Careers mode, but being an online only player, this was the first Madden I actually enjoyed since the PS2 versions. The only game play issues are the bad zone and bad man, but if you're playing against the CPU, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thats my problem though, Connected Careers is what I was most interested in. I read the Madden league threads on the 360 forum and the offseason sounds like a nightmare...

#564 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Franchise Mode is my favorite part of madden, aside from MUT. I love free agency, but from what ive heard about FA in Madden 13 it seems like EA took a HUGE step backwards.

#565 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Any opinions on Warfighter? Worth $20?

#566 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Not even worth the tissue I wipe my ass with

#567 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

The $5 off $25 isn't valid when MoH is on sale, but for $20, I'd say it ain't bad, just for the campaign. You could probably trade it in for about the same price, if you're interested in the campaign.

#568 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Any idea if Spider-Man Edge of time is worth the 15 bucks? I kinda wish there was free shipping with it though.

#569 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Franchise Mode is my favorite part of madden, aside from MUT. I love free agency, but from what ive heard about FA in Madden 13 it seems like EA took a HUGE step backwards.

yeah it sounds pretty bad. But at the same time $20 new is a good deal.....decisions decisions!!!

#570 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

I was a bit shocked when I saw how poorly this game was reviewed. But then I didn't hate the first one, although it did have an unforgivable blocking bug in one of the early levels. I also haven't finished it yet.

If EA was going to trash the careers of a few SEALs, the least they could have done is make a decent 7/10 or 8/10 game.

I think I paid $15 for the 360 and $10 for the PS3 for the first game, and this is looking like a $10 "get it to see what went wrong" purchase.