Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#1201 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

If you have the Amazon app and you're signed it I've had pretty good luck. You just need to be ready to go the minute it goes live. I'm hoping to get Sly and MLB the Show tomorrow like that.

Also, I can get the PS3 bundle on Target right now but i think I'll wait till tomorrow and hopefully get it on Amazon so I can use my Prime free shipping. That $12 I save can go towards SLY, otherwise I'll try and get it from a B&M store.

So the sly will be in stock tomorrow then? what the Fuck was the person above talking about? Will it be with free shipping? Sorry for the bombardment of question, its just that this is a game a really want to get.

#1202 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

So the sly will be in stock tomorrow then? what the Fuck was the person above talking about? Will it be with free shipping? Sorry for the bombardment of question, its just that this is a game a really want to get.

Sly was on the calendar for 2 days. That is probably where the confusion is coming from.

#1203 Treyjyert

Treyjyert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

They said they ::got in the Delorean:: which was a time machine in Back to the Future. It was a joke. I'm pretty sure they should have some in stock for tomorrow's sale. Also, idk if it's free shipping but I have Prime so I think it ships free with prime.

#1204 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

They said they ::got in the Delorean:: which was a time machine in Back to the Future. It was a joke. I'm pretty sure they should have some in stock for tomorrow's sale. Also, idk if it's free shipping but I have Prime so I think it ships free with prime.

Only time of the year I wish I had prime. I don't shop on amazon, I have a HUGE backlog so I can't really spend much. I saw some things I was interested in but I couldn't get. Thanks for clarifying, hopefully they don't disappear in 30 secs.

#1205 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Those of you who were claiming that it doesn't hold the item when you add the deal to the cart are wrong btw.. it explicitly states that it does. That would make no sense if that was the case. WHy even have a timer or anything then? It would just be first click first serve.

So.. finally figured out why all my orders weren't working right. Well after 2 days and 3 separate purchase attempts NOT working, i realized something has to be wrong it cant just be a glitch. Live chat was worthless and emailing was worthless. Through email they claimed they'd help then sent a generic form letter telling me that the time had expired, bla bla bla. No one listened to my problem... they seemed to think that i didn't understand that when the timer expires the deal expires o_O I got the damn thing in my cart fine, the timer was there, it just glitched out on the final payment step. I wasn't gonna place an order at full price

And that right there was the key. I read over the lightning deals fine print carefully and found this:
Lightning Deals promotional discount appears under your promotional balance on the "How would you like to pay?" page (where you select a payment method). Do not uncheck the box next to "Use your gift card or promotional balance," as this would prevent the Lightning Deals promotional discount from applying to your purchase.

That was the problem. I had about $40 of gift card balance that i didn't want to use. So when i tried to click on one of my credit cards i was losing the lightning deal option.

Thats a really fucking retarded stipulation. I dont get why its not like your daily gold box deals. You are basically forced to use any giftcard or promotional balance or you will NOT be able to claim lightning deals. Luckily when i clicked the 'this did not resolve my problem' button from the email and clicked the 'call me' button, i got a nice lady with a southern accent that knew exactly what the problem was. She went back and changed the price for me, so i got the first game that screwed up on me Monday!

Man Amazon is so hit and miss. Half the time you get some Indian person who doesn't listen and you cant understand, and sometimes you actaully get a friendly person who actually tries to help you.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1206 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Amazon has added $15 Forza Horizon as a lightning deal for Thursday night.

...shit just got real:shock:

#1207 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Thats a really fucking retarded stipulation. I dont get why its not like your daily gold box deals. You are basically forced to use any giftcard or promotional balance or you will NOT be able to claim lightning deals. Luckily when i clicked the 'this did not resolve my problem' button from the email and clicked the 'call me' button, i got a nice lady with a southern accent that knew exactly what the problem was. She went back and changed the price for me, so i got the first game that screwed up on me Monday!

I thought this was a well known issue. If you have gc's you want to save, preorder something that isn't coming out for awhile.

#1208 Rot

Rot

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

does free shipping work with these deals? also does a group of deals hit at the same time or every couple of hours?

#1209 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Amazon has added $15 Forza Horizon as a lightning deal for Thursday night.

Thanks for the heads up!

Any idea on what time this will go live or link to where you found this?

#1210 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Says 9:10 PST on Thanksgiving on the lightning deals calender

#1211 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=409566

Look at the 9:10 pm PST slot

#1212 Fracas

Fracas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

I wonder if they'll price match anything else?

#1213 Fades

Fades

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Deal is live for $15 at the ms right now!

#1214 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

He's right - just went to site & it's live (though a little hard to find) along with the other MS stuff.

#1215 NinjaPenguin7

NinjaPenguin7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Thank you!! Awesome, got most of my black friday game shopping done already :D

#1216 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hell yeah! Thank you MAJOR time! Would've missed it if it wasn't for you :)

#1217 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Can someone explain to me why a person would not want to use GC or promo balance? I am curious.

#1218 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

What the.... where did the skylanders pack go? They had it for 38 bucks now i dont see it. In fact a lot of stuff seems to have changed. I was trying to check the deals before getting to bed
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1219 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

i wanna get it, but at the same time, I heard it that it was pretty short campaign wise and doesn't have many cars....choices >_< lol

#1220 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

AC3 for $46... thanks Amazon for not price matching. I don't want to spend all my credit on that. I want to see $35 soon.

EDIT: They just changed AC3 to $35, so I ordered it! Well I pretty much got it for free since I had like $60 in Amazon credit.

#1221 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

AC3 for $46... thanks Amazon for not price matching. I don't want to spend all my credit on that. I want to see $35 soon.

EDIT: They just changed AC3 to $35, so I ordered it! Well I pretty much got it for free since I had like $60 in Amazon credit.

Hmmm, wonder if they will match Best Buy's other deals. Just ordered SR3 Full Package from BB, but would switch to Amazon since I have prime.

#1222 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

wonder why they only changed the 360 version?

#1223 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

they just lowered a bunch of games to 29.99

#1224 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Those of you who were claiming that it doesn't hold the item when you add the deal to the cart are wrong btw.. it explicitly states that it does. That would make no sense if that was the case. WHy even have a timer or anything then? It would just be first click first serve.

So.. finally figured out why all my orders weren't working right. Well after 2 days and 3 separate purchase attempts NOT working, i realized something has to be wrong it cant just be a glitch. Live chat was worthless and emailing was worthless. Through email they claimed they'd help then sent a generic form letter telling me that the time had expired, bla bla bla. No one listened to my problem... they seemed to think that i didn't understand that when the timer expires the deal expires o_O I got the damn thing in my cart fine, the timer was there, it just glitched out on the final payment step. I wasn't gonna place an order at full price

And that right there was the key. I read over the lightning deals fine print carefully and found this:
Lightning Deals promotional discount appears under your promotional balance on the "How would you like to pay?" page (where you select a payment method). Do not uncheck the box next to "Use your gift card or promotional balance," as this would prevent the Lightning Deals promotional discount from applying to your purchase.

That was the problem. I had about $40 of gift card balance that i didn't want to use. So when i tried to click on one of my credit cards i was losing the lightning deal option.

Man Amazon is so hit and miss. Half the time you get some Indian person who doesn't listen and you cant understand, and sometimes you actaully get a friendly person who actually tries to help you.

Its been like that for awhile unfortunately. I'm not sure why Amazon lumps promotional bonuses in with an account's gift card balance but I completely understand your frustration with it. The only way around the limitation is to prepurchase something else in order to "lock up" your balance.

#1225 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

wonder why they only changed the 360 version?

PS3 is updated now too.

#1226 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

they just lowered a bunch of games to 29.99

Yeah, just noticed Dishonored went down to $30 and Max Payne 3 to $20. Still more expensive than other places. Seems like to get the prime matching on those you have to wait for lightning deals. :P

#1227 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Sleeping Dogs is down to $30. To bite or not...

#1228 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wake me when Max Payne hits 8-9 on Amazon.

#1229 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Wake me when Max Payne hits 8-9 on Amazon.

waaake me up....when septemmmber ends8-) sorry I had to do it

#1230 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Sleeping Dogs is down to $30. To bite or not...

Or maybe grab it at BB for $25?