Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#211 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

no deal on borderlands 2?? :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#212 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Does all the light deal feature free shipping?

Can't they just put it up on-sale without this lightening deal stuff, sheesh.

Then they wouldn't get to enjoy all the ways people mangle the word "lightning".

#213 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Spiderman EoT is $15? They had it for $10 this summer

I hope I can get WWE '13 and GTA IV Complete bc that would beat wasting my time at WM. Plus I have close to $200 in credit that I havent been able to use

How will shipping work? Since these are spread out throughout the day and will be seperate orders, does this mean the under $25 will have shipping charges added to each order? That would really suck and pretty much kill alot of these deals

I'm curious cause lets say I wanted black ops and the ratchet and clank collection. Since they are in different time slots could I put blops in my cart and the price carries over to the new lightning deal for just a few minutes or does it instantly change? Just trying to dodge some shipping costs...

From my past experience, Super Savers Shipping is applied to the original price, not what its on sale for. If it orginally goes for over $25 then you are good and considering Ratchet and BO do, then you shouldnt have a problem. If its regularly under $25 on Amazon though, thats where you might run into a problem and Im not sure how this will work out on BF week
Posted Image

#214 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

in for nba 2k13, dishonored and thinking about wwe 13. any recommendations for that one?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#215 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

no deal on borderlands 2?? :(

no re6 neither....

i want borderlands 2 20 dollars, but i guess that wont happen.... sigh i guess i wait for goty edition at 20 like last year.

Dragon dogma price its a joke......

#216 LGinjaNinja7

LGinjaNinja7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

From my past experience, Super Savers Shipping is applied to the original price, not what its on sale for. If it orginally goes for over $25 then you are good and considering Ratchet and BO do, then you shouldnt have a problem. If its regularly under $25 on Amazon though, thats where you might run into a problem and Im not sure how this will work out on BF week

Thanks for the input!

#217 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Seems amazon will have a better Vita Assassin's Creed bundle than everyone else:
http://www.reddit.co...2sgoq?context=3

hmmmm

He also has comments there clearly stating that the video game deals that are so far posted are just some of the deals. In case there was any contention on that.

#218 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I think Amazon will match most if not all retailer deals
Posted Image

#219 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I echo this sentiment. Traded in my 360 version (after 500+ hours) and I'm ready for round 2 on PC.

The Steam Holiday Sale should have you covered on that.
Posted Image

#220 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

in for nba 2k13, dishonored and thinking about wwe 13. any recommendations for that one?

I am really enjoying WWE'13 its definitely better than WWE'12 the new Attitude Era mode is ten times more enjoyable than the crappy Road to Wrestlmania the previous games had.The Roster is huge,the online has been improved a lot.My favorite game mode has to be Universe Mode if you have never played the previous 2 games its basically Exhibition mode but with randomly generated story lines and you can create your own shows on any day of the week and create your own PPV's on Sundays,Choose who's going to be on what roster.And if your into Creating stuff the game has a huge Creation Suite which I find myself spending hours creating Wrestlers and arenas.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#221 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, that's what I think too.

#222 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

There are some interesting deals >:)

#223 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I just did some experimenting with adding lightning deals to my cart and it looks like it uses the lightning deal price when calculating super saver shipping. This kills any of the sub $25 deals for me.

#224 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Think I'll pick up at least one of the Lego games for $10-$15. (either Batman 2 or Pirates. any recomendations?)

Was really really really hoping for a Arkham City GOTY deal, but alas. Maybe Max Payne...

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#225 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'll think about Dishonored, really wish there would have been a deal on AC3.

There will be. It just won't be a lightning deal. Probably 30 to 35 all day kind of thing.

#226 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Now THAT would be nice...

#227 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I want that sly cooper, and dishonored will be a good price as well.

#228 360...

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Alot of people are "Disappointed" I mean I am not exactly thrilled with all of the deals but I think it is just because they are all basically all matched prices and nothing really original. They are good deals though, $25 for games that came out as early as tomorrow lol... I personally was hoping for alot more 3DS titles. But I think with their deals of the day they will probably have something with that anyways.

SSX was on my list and was hoping for $10 but i will bite at $15.
WWE 13, Epic Mickey 2, Fifa, or NBA 2K13.
Possibly Lego Batman 2 for me.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed the daily deals are good

#229 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

AC Vita Bundle will be Friday's gold box deal.

http://www.reddit.co...2u8nf?context=3

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#230 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I really hope that the 250GB X-Box 360 Forza/Skyrim bundle for $200 is one of the daily deals. None of those other deals really interests me.

#231 totalanonymity

totalanonymity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Think I'll pick up at least one of the Lego games for $10-$15. (either Batman 2 or Pirates. any recomendations?)

Was really really really hoping for a Arkham City GOTY deal, but alas. Maybe Max Payne...

GMG just sent me an email regarding their new bundles (located at http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/) and there's a bundle for $20 USD that includes AA and AC GOTY (although, AA requires Capsule; AC GOTY is Steam). Just a heads up!

P.S. Voucher codes not accepted on bundles, I've found.

#232 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

There will be. It just won't be a lightning deal. Probably 30 to 35 all day kind of thing.

Doubt it. Typically, the lightning deals are the best deals. Lets be real, they aren't as good as other retailers. AC3 for 30/35 would be a lightning deal, which it is not. At best, they would only offer for $10 off.

Just realize Amazon gave up on video game sales. They don't do $10/$20 GC any more consistently. No fresh sales, only matches. Then this sale... poor in comparison to other retailers.

#233 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm more of a arcade racer, how will GT5 treat me?

#234 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Why is everyone all pissy about matching? Assuming you can get the deal, that means no dealing with the crowds and wasting tons of time in the hopes that you can get a video game. I'm stoked with Amazon just price matching.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#235 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Where's my Batman: Arkham City GOTY for $19.99?

I know.

(dives off balcony) "Where is it!!!??"

#236 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

The problem with Amazon deals is that they are so scattered that it is hard to find multiple deals to add up to $25 for the free shipping. This kills any sub-$25 deals. I'm hoping that Walmart will have their deals online like in previous years, because their game deals come with free shipping.

Why is everyone all pissy about matching? Assuming you can get the deal, that means no dealing with the crowds and wasting tons of time in the hopes that you can get a video game. I'm stoked with Amazon just price matching.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#237 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Not much for me this year unless the list gets expanded. Planning on picking up :ps3: Sly Collection and :ps3: GT5 XL. I'm hoping for general sales on :ps3: Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and :ps3: Vanquish. Missed them last year and would love to see them for $5-10 this year so I can finally add them to the collection. Everything else that I'm interested in can wait until I see them cheaper, in light of my already insane backlog.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#238 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Doubt it. Typically, the lightning deals are the best deals. Lets be real, they aren't as good as other retailers. AC3 for 30/35 would be a lightning deal, which it is not. At best, they would only offer for $10 off.

Just realize Amazon gave up on video game sales. They don't do $10/$20 GC any more consistently. No fresh sales, only matches. Then this sale... poor in comparison to other retailers.

You do realize its already $10 off? They will have all day deals for titles like this. Always have.

#239 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm more of a arcade racer, how will GT5 treat me?

For $10 I don't think you can go wrong with giving it a shot. Worse comes to worst, you trade it in and get your money back. That said, GT5 is a pure simulation racer. You'll need to know how to drive "properly" if you want to get good at, and eventually master, the game. It's a completely different experience when compared to an arcade racer like Burnout or NFS, but it's also extremely rewarding in the same way Demon Souls/Dark Souls is once you start to getting better.

My advice: give it a shot. You might find that you really enjoy it.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#240 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

how good is the PX5?

also, how is it a 7.1 when it's using a toslink?