Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2371 Gluteus

Gluteus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I miss the old days of them just putting stuff online...

... or actually reducing the price of the item you bought at 5am for $12.99 to $7.99 when they dropped it to that by noon ... the same day... when they're not shipping stuff out.

Now they give you a sad e-mail that equates to "re-order, then return the other".

Sad, sad days.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean.
Gaming is all about having fun!

#2372 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

WTF? I was ready to get Lego Batman 2 for my son as soon as it went live I clicked on it & as soon as I switched it to xbox360 it was all claimed! I smell BS! 5 copies?

#2373 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Wtf is with the pricing on the 250GB bundle? How is that a deal?

HAHAHAHAHA. It's the price it currently is?
-Michael

Posted Image

#2374 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Might be the last time I decide to buy from Amazon on Black Friday if they keep using this shitty system where you add something at 0% and get told your now 500+ on the wait list.

Agreed. Happened to me w/ Skylanders.

#2375 SideEffect34

SideEffect34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Clicked on the Transformers PS3 deal right when it popped up and put me on the wait list at #338. Just got notification that I could add it to cart! I also had MOH in cart, but decided to drop that.

#2376 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

how do i see what place i am on wait list?!!!!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2377 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got that Halo 4 deal, only because I was already using amazon credit (from trade-ins) so paying essentially $39.95 for it after that $20 credit back.

Seems like no one is getting on that one.

#2378 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Quick Lightning Deals tips from someone who's sunk probably $500 into them on games alone:

1) Don't refresh, just stay on a deals page with the countdown timer.
2) Know where the Add to Cart button is, meaning its physical location on the page.
2a) If you're buying a multiplatform game, know that that button will be a Select options one, and that you'll have to pick from a drop-down after clicking it.
3) Start clicking as the timer hits 0:00:00, so you have a shot at clicking before you actually see the button.
4) Use a laptop/desktop to do your purchasing; don't bother with a mobile device.
5) Stay signed in when on Amazon. (I'd say one of the rules when shopping flash sales online is "stay signed in"; I use LastPass to help with that.)
6) Don't cheap out on your Internet connection. I've had pretty great success with getting everything I've wanted from Amazon over the years, but my college town Internet connection is blazing fast, and my connection at home is just about as good.
7) If you miss something in the Black Friday deals from Amazon, don't despair: There will be Cyber Monday deals, probably stretching for much of next week, and there will be more pre-/post-Christmas sales, too. Retailers want you in the store to buy things, which is why doorbusters exist; Amazon wants you clicking around (other things I've bought tonight: a remote caddy, football cards, a 23" TV), which is why Lightning Deals exist. (Well, that and the psychological value of "deals" in a capitalist, materialist society.)

I don't share these tips often, because ... well, I'm competing with y'all. But they've served me well.

#2379 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Grabbed Transformers, missed out on R&C. Oh well, R&C will be on sale many times in the future, and it was headed for my backlog anyway.

It is surprising how quick these Amazon lightning deals are going. I don't remember it ever being this bad in the past. You pretty much always had at least a full minute to get in on a deal before hitting the waitlist. Now you click when the button first appears and might hit the waitlist. Higher demand this year, or lower stock? Maybe a combination of both? Regardless, it's still a thousand times better than fighting the masses at Wal-Mart over these deals.

#2380 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Is there a way to check the waitlist number? It says what you are when you go in but how do you check your current number?

Definitely not impossible. Just have to know what you're doing. I've added a shit ton of games to my cart just to test the system and prove the point. Very doable.

Theres a lot of luck involved. No matter how fast you click, if you get that stupid 'checking status' spinning circle and it decided it wants to take forever, your boned. I clicked the second they popped up, literally the second. But was stalled for a good 20+ seconds with that checking screen... still on waitlist but doesn't look good
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2381 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Did not plan on getting Transformers Fall of Cybertron. $30 and up was my pass price. $20 and less was a buy price....So they had to price it in the middle....I now own every PS3/360 Transformers game....

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2382 sfree79

sfree79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just got Borderlands 2 for PS3 on the waitlist. Got everything I wanted without leaving my house. WOOT!

#2383 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wtf is with the pricing on the 250GB bundle? How is that a deal?

It's one penny discount, according to my shopping cart. I'm about to pull the trigger. Yes, I'm a lucky man.

Seriously. WTF, Amazon?

#2384 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

You guys recommend lego batman :\ have it in the cart

#2385 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

I can't believe I actually was able to get these 3 games right away!

Borderlands 2
R&C HD Collection
Lego Batman 2

Also had Transformers: FOC, but decided to let it go in the end, I can wait until it's $20 or less on that one. I'm honestly baffled. Guess the Lightning Deal Fairy was kind to me after losing out on NBA 2k13. Total came to $59.26 after tax. Awesome deal for those 3 games! :D

#2386 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Yep, I know exactly what you mean.

To continue the previous one, my new least favorite thing is just sitting on my shit for extra time so they can bundle it together in one package. It used to be a new release would be mailed Saturday with Prime. Now, sometimes I get the notification and/or it gets sent later so they can bundle it with something else.

I got a hardbound book thrown in with various other items and no padding or sealing this week. Seriously. $80 for prime and I barely use the videos, so--- why are you cheaping on me with stuff you generally damage if you don't take care of it?

Amazon, I miss us.
-Michael

Posted Image

#2387 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

excuse me for a second....

There's a $50 GIFT CARD!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2388 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

HAHAHAHAHA. It's the price it currently is?

it actually comes with $50 amazon gift card

#2389 theonlyone

theonlyone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I ended up getting charged $15.00 for Arkham Asylum even though my cart clearly showed I got the $10.00 lighting deal price. I just contacted their customer service, so hopefully they will adjust it for me.

Edited by theonlyone, 23 November 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#2390 Blue Arcana

Blue Arcana

Kitten as a cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

That loading circle :roll:

blueArcana.png

#2391 consoleman

consoleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Bought Forza Horizon from the Microsoft Store. It's ridiculous that I clicked the moment it went live and didn't get it. Amazon's lightning deals weren't like this 2 years ago, you actually had a realistic window of time to get your stuff.

Did the same. Bought it from Microsoft Store instead. Was hoping to pick this up along with Ratchet&Clank Collection but having games sold out almost the second it comes on just makes give up on Amazon and their so-called "Lightning Deals". You probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting in on any one of these deals.

#2392 Lgndryhr

Lgndryhr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

how do i see what place i am on wait list?!!!!

Can't except when you first clock join waitlist it shows position and chance of getting it. After that there is no way to tell.

#2393 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

You guys recommend lego batman :\ have it in the cart

1 or 2? I just bought 2, so I'll soon find out myself. If it's the first you're referring to...it's awesome!

#2394 tyman502

tyman502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I also noticed some of the lesser games, go really really fast they must have a low stock. Still pumped about all the great Walmart deals i snagged without any problems what so ever.

#2395 sfree79

sfree79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got it for the PS3 but I didnt see what number I was. Where could you see that?

Edited by sfree79, 23 November 2012 - 05:43 AM.
Question answered. Thanks all.

#2396 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Grabbed Transformers, missed out on R&C. Oh well, R&C will be on sale many times in the future, and it was headed for my backlog anyway.

It is surprising how quick these Amazon lightning deals are going. I don't remember it ever being this bad in the past. You pretty much always had at least a full minute to get in on a deal before hitting the waitlist. Now you click when the button first appears and might hit the waitlist. Higher demand this year, or lower stock? Maybe a combination of both? Regardless, it's still a thousand times better than fighting the masses at Wal-Mart over these deals.

Amazon got more popular I noticed this year a lot of people who don't even particularly like shopping online knew about Amazon lightning deals.

#2397 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So if I am on the waitlist, and i go to get some food right now, if it even comes up, will I lose my opportunity?

#2398 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

it actually comes with $50 amazon gift card

Hey, there you go. So at least matching the other deals... it didn't show as a GC on the deals page. I swore on the original posting it was $199 like everywhere else.
-Michael

Posted Image

#2399 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Think I am going to let my transformers go. I still have not played my copy of War for Cybertron so I can wait till this hits $15 someday. I hope a CAG gets it.

#2400 dannyr783

dannyr783

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

When will tomorrow's lightning deals be announced on the amazon site?