Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2401 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

WTF? I added ME2, the headset, and borderlands 2 PS3 and got them in my cart. I mulled the headset over for a bit and decided to dump it. I had ~3-4 minutes left to check out and as I do I get a notice to sign up for prime, which I should have until tomorrow, but I decline and at check out they are showing the regular prices. I go back to my cart and it still says I have 2 minutes left. I decided to dump borderlands 2 since I already beat it on 360 and try again but checking out still said the regular price on ME2. So I decide to open up firefox instead of chrome and by the time I get back to my cart it no longer shows the lighting deal price and they dumped my copy back into the pool.

#2402 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Not that I'm really complaining - but I was wondering if anyone else feels the deals at amazon have gotten worse over the years. Like not just with video games. I remember back like 5 years ago getting some pretty sweet stuff for free after rebate or near free. New Logitech wireless mouse, web cam, wireless keyboard, etc. Seems like alot of that is gone these days.

Oh well still beats standing outside of Comp USA for cheap harddrives back in the stoneage of 2005.

#2403 sfree79

sfree79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Ahhh, I missed that. Thanks for sharing.

#2404 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Just cancelled my order of Transformers FoC PS3 after looking at lens of truth. Wtf is that shit.

#2405 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

is the console with forza skyrim worth it

It is in my cart right now

#2406 Ardrid

Ardrid

Is there a way to check the waitlist number? It says what you are when you go in but how do you check your current number?

Theres a lot of luck involved. No matter how fast you click, if you get that stupid 'checking status' spinning circle and it decided it wants to take forever, your boned. I clicked the second they popped up, literally the second. But was stalled for a good 20+ seconds with that checking screen... still on waitlist but doesn't look good

While I'd ordinarily agree with you, having done this for the last 3-4 years, and never missing a single deal I wanted (and even going so far as to add multiple items that I didn't even care about just for shits and giggles), would seem to suggest otherwise. There is a bit of skill involved.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#2407 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Can't except when you first clock join waitlist it shows position and chance of getting it. After that there is no way to tell.

Thank you!!! I kiss your cheek...
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2408 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

When will tomorrow's lightning deals be announced on the amazon site?

Last week.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000845091
-Michael

Posted Image

#2409 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

I did better at BestBuy.com! So I will give them more of my business now since Amazon quick deal was lame. I removed other items in my Amazon cart & bought them from BB.com! Goodbye Amazon.........

#2410 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

WTF? I added ME2, the headset, and borderlands 2 PS3 and got them in my cart. I mulled the headset over for a bit and decided to dump it. I had ~3-4 minutes left to check out and as I do I get a notice to sign up for prime, which I should have until tomorrow, but I decline and at check out they are showing the regular prices. I go back to my cart and it still says I have 2 minutes left. I decided to dump borderlands 2 since I already beat it on 360 and try again but checking out still said the regular price on ME2. So I decide to open up firefox instead of chrome and by the time I get back to my cart it no longer shows the lighting deal price and they dumped my copy back into the pool.

I think you may have panicked... through most of the checkout process they were showing regular price on my two lightning deals, but when I got to the end it was in the discounts.

#2411 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hey, there you go. So at least matching the other deals... it didn't show as a GC on the deals page. I swore on the original posting it was $199 like everywhere else.

you have to put you mouse over the listing title, it will say bundle with $50 amazon gc

#2412 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

When will tomorrow's lightning deals be announced on the amazon site?

See the first post in the thread. There's a link to all upcoming deals.

#2413 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I encourage everyone who got screwed over even though they added it as soon as it went up to complain to Amazon CS.

I renewed my Prime account for these deals and its stupid how it randomly decided I was 500+ too late

dizeeStL.png

#2414 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

While Cheapy's lurking: Are the few broken images in the listings for the deals tomorrow intentional or a mistake? Because I'm curious.

#2415 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I think you may have panicked... through most of the checkout process they were showing regular price on my two lightning deals, but when I got to the end it was in the discounts.

yeah, that is how is works, they showed that at the regular price, until you get to final page with submit

#2416 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

you have to put you mouse over the listing title, it will say bundle with $50 amazon gc

No, I saw it then.

Their original posting earlier in the week said $199, which is why it was funny.

$250 w/ GC is not the same as $199. Even when I spend that at Amazon anyway...
-Michael

Posted Image

#2417 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

1 or 2? I just bought 2, so I'll soon find out myself. If it's the first you're referring to...it's awesome!

I loved the first Lego Batman. I played the demo of the second & did not like it as much. I was gonna get it for my son though.

#2418 dannyr783

dannyr783

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Last week.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000845091

I also want to see the deals for other categories e.g. electronics. And there may be new offers like halo 4 that were not on the schedule.:)

#2419 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

While I'd ordinarily agree with you, having done this for the last 3-4 years, and never missing a single deal I wanted (and even going so far as to add multiple items that I didn't even care about just for shits and giggles), would seem to suggest otherwise. There is a bit of skill involved.

Yup, you're the only one with any skill. The rest of us chumps just don't know how to Amazon... :roll:

#2420 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

should I pull the trigger on the 250gb xbox ahhhhhhhhhhhh

#2421 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I have Borderlands 2 in my cart. Not sure if I should go through with it though.

#2422 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

No, I saw it then.

Their original posting earlier in the week said $199, which is why it was funny.

$250 w/ GC is not the same as $199. Even when I spend that at Amazon anyway...

unfortunately, this happens often with amazon, they like to change these deals around sometimes, whether it be the price, or time the lightning deals start

#2423 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Got Lego Batman 2. On the waitlist for Forza. Part of me wants to wait for a drop of the limited edition but $15 bucks is pretty amazing. If I get off the waitlist I'll buy it but if I don't, LE stalking it is.

#2424 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Now I was able to magically jump in front of people and get it again and checkout, added a preorder to get FSSS though.

#2425 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

WTF? I was ready to get Lego Batman 2 for my son as soon as it went live I clicked on it & as soon as I switched it to xbox360 it was all claimed! I smell BS! 5 copies?

Posted Image

#2426 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Just cancelled my order of Transformers FoC PS3 after looking at lens of truth. Wtf is that shit.

Holy cow that is pretty bad ... mmmm might have to reconside, anyone that has it for the PS3 could give some advice?

#2427 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Have to stay with your computer if you are on the wait list with an amazon page up, once you move to the top you will have like 2 minutes to grab the item or you will forfeit your place in line.

Guardian_owl.png

#2428 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

dammit. i have a feeling i'm not getting R&C. blows.

Auen1.png?7125

#2429 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

I encourage everyone who got screwed over even though they added it as soon as it went up to complain to Amazon CS.

I renewed my Prime account for these deals and its stupid how it randomly decided I was 500+ too late

:roll:

Do you know how many people are out there trying to get these deals?

There are probably 100+ cags right now trying to get these deals. Do you think CAGs represent even 1/10th of the people on amazon right now?

At the very lowest conservative estimate, even if they had 500 copies, everyone who clicks at once, there's gonna be 500 people who miss out. You're the only one with a fast mouse finger? Of course not. Getting these deals isn't easy. When I get them, I am thankful. Stop crying about it already.

This is the nature of lightning deals. You win some, you lose some.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2430 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How long does it usually take for the Gift Card to be added to your account?