Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2611 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm tempted to try for God of War Saga later today at 12:10pm EST so I can return my $20 unopened copy to Gamestop to get some credit back.

Oh my glob... How much will it be LSP?!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2612 MRGx

MRGx

Batman > *

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

can anyone explain why Borderlands 2 was on sale when it wasn't listed for today, but for Friday morning? I'm seriously wondering about this. I don't wanna miss out on the game I want

#2613 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

I give up, if i still want ratchet in the morning i'll just go to gamestop. Thanks for nothing amazon, got nothing from them this year.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2614 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Same. About to give up.

complain to their CS if you give up, i am about to as well

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2615 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

what queue number were you in for r and c?

Probably in the 400 range. It was "checking deal status" for a good 5 seconds when it went live so I guess those seconds screwed me up.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#2616 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Wow, not many people biting on the Halo 4 deal, lol. Well can't blame them considering it's a pretty lukewarm deal, but then again nothing better elsewhere. ;)

I canceled mine after I found i wouldnt be able to use the Gift Card on these deals

#2617 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Man, if you blink, you miss these deals. You basically have to be primed and on the page. I was picking up some food about 10 minutes before the deal, got home and remembered at about 5 minutes after and everything was already 100% claimed and most of the waitlists were full. I was omw back from Walmart though where I had scored a few deals so no big loss. :P

ach.png

#2618 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

now it doesnt even show me in queue anymore for r&c or show a timer for it

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2619 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Yep ratchet is gone

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2620 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Yup, just got the "The deal is sold out" message for R&C. Oh wells, you win some, you lose some.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#2621 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I recognized amazon warehouse deal. Sleeping dogs and skyrim both cost $19 like new condition.. I am regretful that i bought a new one

Ha that is funny. Oh well, Im still satisfied with getting it for 25

#2622 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

complain to their CS if you give up, i am about to as well

Or you guys can just wait till it goes on sale again for $25. Or just buy it for $35 from BB (yeah I know crazy idea :-P)

#2623 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Total BS about R&C. Amazon really dropped the ball this year. I don't really mind so much, but that I got ZERO things from Amazon this Thanksgiving period says a lot about their practices this time of year.
www.bighugenerd.com

#2624 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

claimed R&C first right when it went live, immediately tried to grab lego batman 2 360, spun for 20 seconds, got waitlisted, but said it sold out about 20 min later.

Hard for me to justify buying any games higher than $13.33, since they'll all likely hit $20 eventually and there will be more B2G1s, but figured $15 is close enough.

#2625 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Or you guys can just wait till it goes on sale again for $25. Or just buy it for $35 from BB (yeah I know crazy idea :-P)

only other place with r&c is walmart and its instore only

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2626 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

I know WWE 13 is supposed to be a lightning deal but I wish they would just price match it already...

#2627 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Wonder if anything suprising is going to pop up in the all day section in 50 min-1hr. Maybe Dark Souls for 15? Idk...something.This BF has been meh overall

#2628 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

So........ how bout that Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth for $150 tomorrow....

Worth it? It looks solid.

#2629 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

I know WWE 13 is supposed to be a lightning deal but I wish they would just price match it already...

yea thats the other game i wanted and im afraid its gonna be another r&c.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2630 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Didn't this same exact thing happen last year, highly sought after things going out of stock almost immediately? After all, it's not like last night where only the REALLY astute shoppers figured stuff was going live, the general public has been lying in wait all day to get in on the black Friday deals.

Guardian_owl.png

#2631 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

So........ how bout that Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth for $150 tomorrow....

Worth it? It looks solid.

Got it during a lightning deal last year for the same price and its a great headset. you can customize all the presets to your own liking too and it has some games on their website with optimized presets.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2632 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Picked up the ps3 bundle for 199+tax. That was the first time amazon charged me tax
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#2633 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Waiting to see if Amazon posts anything in 45 mins, otherwise heading to bed after.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2634 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Didn't this same exact thing happen last year, highly sought after things going out of stock almost immediately? After all, it's not like last night where only the REALLY astute shoppers figured stuff was going live, the general public has been lying in wait all day to get in on the black Friday deals.

It's been happening for at least the past 2 years. Maybe longer depending on when Amazon instituted the current lightning deals system where you can get onto a waitlist.

#2635 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Got it during a lightning deal last year for the same price and its a great headset. you can customize all the presets to your own liking too and it has some games on their website with optimized presets.

So it's pretty solidly built for the price? That's what I'm most concerned about. No failing speakers or breaking from usage.

#2636 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

So it's pretty solidly built for the price? That's what I'm most concerned about. No failing speakers or breaking from usage.

Only issue I ever had with it was the battery cover is cheap and I chipped a peg/clip off it. I contacted them about it and they sent a replacement with no issues whatsoever.

That really is the only downfall to the headset, it uses 2 AA batteries. pick up some rechargeable and you will be good to go.

it works with the 360 also and has presets for it too

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2637 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Damn..... might be my first pricey gaming headset.

Dead Space is calling for it....

#2638 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Oh yeah one other thing you should know is that it uses the 2.4ghz wireless frequency so if you use a router on the same frequency it has the potential to have some feedback on it.

i have not had a issue but I have read reviews were other people have

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2639 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

It's been happening for at least the past 2 years. Maybe longer depending on when Amazon instituted the current lightning deals system where you can get onto a waitlist.

That's what I figured, wondered why people are complaining about it like it's some new phenomena.

Guardian_owl.png

#2640 FlawlesslyFatal

FlawlesslyFatal

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Amazon just bumped Sleeping Dog up $5