Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#241 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

The Steam Holiday Sale should have you covered on that.

I love your signature!

If I can help it, I'm avoiding all B&M stores for BF. Amazon sounds like it has me covered for games I was going to get elsewhere. If they match other retailers on more games... bonus! Also looking forward to Steam sale.

#242 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm more of a arcade racer, how will GT5 treat me?

My first few hours of GT5 was torture, adjusting from GTA/nfs to GT5 driving took some time to get used to. The game has racing lines that guides you for the right path and speed on attacking corners really helps in adjusting/learning the track.

Getting it again (sold it a year ago) as i read that huge changes has been made throughout the game.

Be prepared for a 10+GB install and long loading times before races.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#243 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

The problem with Amazon deals is that they are so scattered that it is hard to find multiple deals to add up to $25 for the free shipping. This kills any sub-$25 deals. I'm hoping that Walmart will have their deals online like in previous years, because their game deals come with free shipping.

That's a good point. I'm Prime so it doesn't affect me.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#244 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

For lightning deal, is every $25 new games gone within one minute? Because this is my first black Friday.

#245 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Does dishonored have any replay value?

#246 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'm only looking to get Fifa 13, WWE 13 and maybe Madden 13 and Sly Collection. If I can get those, I'm done until 2013.

#247 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

For lightning deal, is every $25 new games gone within one minute? Because this is my first black Friday.

Depends on the game. I remember last year the game they put on sale was gone w/in seconds. Like the moment the countdown turns 00:00 and then at the same time you click the "add to cart" button the deal was already gone and you are on a waitlist.

#248 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

The guy from Reddit also confirmed that the AC Vita bundle will be "better deal than just $200 for the AC3 Vita bundle".

Holy shit. Guess I wait and just return mine from AWD depending on how much better it is.

#249 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Depends on the game. I remember last year the game they put on sale was gone w/in seconds. Like the moment the countdown turns 00:00 and then at the same time you click the "add to cart" button the deal was already gone and you are on a waitlist.

Oh my god. How can I check out faster?

#250 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I have a $10 credit with amazon, deciding to get Dishonored for 15 or Darksiders 2 for 20. Both PS3. I really loved Darksiders 1 and I love skyrim but just couldn't get into Fallout and not big on the Assassins games but do enjoy them.

#251 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Last year was terrible, to the point where I thought it was a glitch. Hopefully, this year will be better.

#252 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

What do you mean AC3 Vita bundle?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#253 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

What do you mean AC3 Vita bundle?

If youre talking to me I mean the white Assassins Creed Liberation Vita Bundle. On Friday it's Amazons gold box deal (all day or until they run out) and the Amazon rep says it is going to be a better deal than simply $200 for it. So either the price will be even less than $200 or more likely I imagine they'll throw in something else along with it. Either way that's awesome and will beat any other Vita deal for BF.

#254 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

if someone gets the chance they should try and weasel out any information about 3ds xl.

#255 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

If youre talking to me I mean the white Assassins Creed Liberation Vita Bundle. On Friday it's Amazons gold box deal (all day or until they run out) and the Amazon rep says it is going to be a better deal than simply $200 for it. So either the price will be even less than $200 or more likely I imagine they'll throw in something else along with it. Either way that's awesome and will beat any other Vita deal for BF.

Oh sweet! I'm holding off until then. When would this deal go live?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#256 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Oh my god. How can I check out faster?

You can't lol, waiting for the countdown to end is the only way i know. I think its all luck and hope this time amazon will put more than 10 copies of the same game available for bf sale.:)

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#257 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

You can't lol, waiting for the countdown to end is the only way i know. I think its all luck and hope this time amazon will put more than 10 copies of the same game available for bf sale.:)

...each lightning deal is only for 10 copies for each game? By the way, is one click ordering useless? I am thinking whether I give up on amazon. Have you succeed buying anything in lighting deal last year? I am very scared now.

#258 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Oh sweet! I'm holding off until then. When would this deal go live?

Not sure but he did say it's "all day" so maybe around 12am Pacific time? He said they will not run out in 2 hours but best not to wait until too late to buy it.

I dont know but I wish that guy would show up here so we could give him the third degree :)

#259 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I successfully bought some games from Amazon last year, so don't fret too hard. There were some high demand items that obviously had fairly low quantities in stock (more than 10 I'd imagine) that were gone almost instantly. Each year Amazon learns from past experiences, so I expect this year to be better managed than last. And I don't think you can do 1-Click purchases on Lightning Deals. At least I have it enabled and am always forced to go through the "standard" checkout.

#260 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

...each lightning deal is only for 10 copies for each game? By the way, is one click ordering useless? I am thinking whether I give up on amazon. Have you succeed buying anything in lighting deal last year? I am very scared now.

The ordering speed isn't the problem. Once you get it in the cart, you have 30 minutes to buy or delete it. It's the getting it into the cart that's the pickle.

#261 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I successfully bought some games from Amazon last year, so don't fret to hard. There were some high demand items that obviously had fairly low quantities in stock (more than 10 I'd imagine) that were gone almost instantly. Each year Amazon learns from past experiences, so I expect this year to be better managed than last. And I don't think you can do 1-Click purchases on Lightning Deals. At least I have it enabled and am always forced to go through the "standard" checkout.

Thank you very much. That means I need to use standard checkout by clicking each step like confirming order, next choosing shipping method, then final confirmation before place an order? Am I right?

#262 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thank you very much. That means I need to use standard checkout by clicking each step like confirming order, next choosing shipping method, then final confirmation before place an order? Am I right?

That has been my experience.

...and yes, checking out once the item is in your cart is easy. (I think you have a 15 minute timer to complete checkout.) It's being Fast Draw McGraw on the add to cart button. No vacillating on if it's a good deal or if you want it...you gotta commit to the click.

#263 LetGoLightly

LetGoLightly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

It will probably come with a $2 Instant Video or MP3 credit. :roll:

#264 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

The ordering speed isn't the problem. Once you get it in the cart, you have 30 minutes to buy or delete it. It's the getting it into the cart that's the pickle.

That means if i can get the item into the cart, that means I have already succeed to buy this item as you mentiond I have thirty minutes to buy or delete it? By the way, do you suggest i only choose one game to click for each section of lightning deal?for example, for the section of nba 2k 13and FIFA 13, Is it possible for some people to purchase two items in each section of lightning deal and check out two items successfully?

#265 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thank you again. That means if I successfully add the game into my cart, that means I have already succeeded to buy an item since I have thirty minutes to check out? I am afraid that although I added th game in the cart, I do not place my order quickly so that the game is gone.

#266 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Anyone else notice that the Wii U version of FIFA 13 is $25? Good deal for Wii U soccer fans.

#267 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

The problem with Amazon deals is that they are so scattered that it is hard to find multiple deals to add up to $25 for the free shipping. This kills any sub-$25 deals. I'm hoping that Walmart will have their deals online like in previous years, because their game deals come with free shipping.

I dont remember walmart matching game deals online last year for their BF deals. I tried to get Infamous 2 online from walmart and they didnt have it at their price online last year.

#268 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

These Lightning Deals are platform specific, right?

I was interested in the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set, but they have the 360 version listed. I'll pass if it doesn't apply to the PS3 version too.

#269 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

These Lightning Deals are platform specific, right?

I was interested in the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set, but they have the 360 version listed. I'll pass if it doesn't apply to the PS3 version too.

According to AmazonJosh on reddit, yes the sale page is updated with the correct item/platform that is on sale.

#270 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Someone's got to have the PC version of Skyrim on sale next week, they just gotta!