Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2761 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

FYI - I have not been eligible for a Prime trial for a long time since I had already used them in the past -- however I bought one of the lightning deals and it on the shipping page it offered me a free 1 month trial of Prime.

Pretty sweet around the Holiday time -- hopefully other people can get in on it too.
Posted Image

#2762 ilnadmy

ilnadmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

WHY did Amazon have to move to Texas? I hate paying taxes on purchases

Welcome to the club.

#2763 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

WHY did Amazon have to move to Texas? I hate paying taxes on purchases, after I'm taxed on my income, etc ETC. I had to try Steel Diver for $5 with free 3-5 day shipping. I also got $25 Dishonored on ps3 for a friend. Nice and broke. I spent $200 & didn't have a dime to spend (cuz I jumped on early deals and was broke already). Hope I don't have an emergency, cuz my savings is gone!!

Texas only has a federal income tax. Hardly anything to complain about. Most states have state income taxes as well. Complaining about taxes seems to be the favorite pastime of people in Texas based on my time there yet they have very low taxes compared to most places. You simply don't have to have many taxes when the state provide the barebones of services.

#2764 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

GoW Saga is $15
http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=409566

How long did this last?

Damn, I should've kept a better eye on this thread :-)

#2765 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

How long did this last?

Hasnt started yet

#2766 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm hoping this morning is a trend and people are pretty much done with LDs. It's likely all the sane people are sleeping, but I like to dream.

#2767 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

How long did this last?

It hasn't gone live yet. Come back in 3 hours(and 15 mins).

#2768 silver2k1gt

silver2k1gt

Texas only has a federal income tax. Hardly anything to complain about. Most states have state income taxes as well. Complaining about taxes seems to be the favorite pastime of people in Texas based on my time there yet they have very low taxes compared to most places. You simply don't have to have many taxes when the state provide the barebones of services.

Obviously you've never owned a house in Texas or you'd be singing a different tune

#2769 hamberger

hamberger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Those Skylanders on page 1 ain't 3 bucks no more.

#2770 fido_sido

fido_sido

If anyone interested...Halo 4 is $59.95 with Free $20 Amazon Gift Card and $10 Amazon Instant Video Credit on Amazon lightning deal now. Still have available. i got mine!

#2771 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

What Is the cod black ops version that Walmart is selling? Vanilla or lto version?

#2772 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

glad they decided to put the God of War saga on their lightning deals :)
Posted Image

#2773 clockwork-zombie

clockwork-zombie

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\&#

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I woke up 20 minutes late and expected Spec Ops to be sold out but I was #1 on the waitlist :lol: it is pretty lucky most people did not get up for this one.

#2774 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

missed out on borderlands 2 last night, but I got it this morning.... now for x-com
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#2775 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Still hoping for a deal on Dark Souls or Dead Island.

#2776 wurms

wurms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

missed out on borderlands 2 last night, but I got it this morning.... now for x-com

Same here, glad I got it this morning, was pissed I missed it yesterday. $15 aint a bad price!!! (had a $10 credit)

#2777 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

WHY did Amazon have to move to Texas? I hate paying taxes on purchases, after I'm taxed on my income, etc ETC. I had to try Steel Diver for $5 with free 3-5 day shipping. I also got $25 Dishonored on ps3 for a friend. Nice and broke. I spent $200 & didn't have a dime to spend (cuz I jumped on early deals and was broke already). Hope I don't have an emergency, cuz my savings is gone!!

So much "winning" with this one.

You don't want to pay taxes on purchases because you are taxed on your income? Makes sense. Soon amazon will charge taxes to everyone as Bezos said that amazon will work with the government to set up a fair tax plan.

You should be happy amazon moved to Texas as 1. It creates jobs and 2. The state is getting tax revenue that will help provide services to the people.

$200 and you are broke? Dude you shouldn't be spending all of your money on games. You bitch about taxes but then spend it all. You are my hero.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#2778 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

How much does the 4gb vita card cost?

#2779 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Jeez...taking a while for that PS3 bundle to go this time.

Feel bad for those poor bastards who paid 25 dollars for Twisted Metal.

#2780 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

A lot of people must be asleep or I suspect that Borderlands 2 would be gone

yeah bah i got mine.... sure its a dlc fest but for a 2 month game for 25 dollars its still a "good" deal

i was thinking and thinking its going to be a waste if i wouldnt get it xD

#2781 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Still hoping for a deal on Dark Souls or Dead Island.

Dark Souls was one of the few games I was looking for a deal on as well, looking pretty grim so far...good luck.

#2782 QDizzle

QDizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Anybody hearing any black ops 2 deals?

#2783 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Any opinions on WWE 13. Just got off my shift and am debating staying up a couple more hours to grab that deal. I don't watch WWE and haven't for like 7-8 years, but loved the crap out of WWF No Mercy.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#2784 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Why did I have to come back and read this thread, now thinking of picking up Halo 4 lightening deal. I didn't even play Halo 3 that much but I have some friends and we usually beat the campaign together....uuuggggg
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#2785 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

unbelievable the last batch of deals are still just sitting there.

#2786 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Any opinions on WWE 13. Just got off my shift and am debating staying up a couple more hours to grab that deal. I don't watch WWE and haven't for like 7-8 years, but loved the crap out of WWF No Mercy.

the game overall have good reviews, its based on attitude era which people remember and like, but gameplay wise its very far from no mercy its more like smackdown and its interations...

#2787 KipKips

KipKips

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

unbelievable the last batch of deals are still just sitting there.

A lot of stores were opening at 6am, so a lot of people might've just said "screw it" after yesterday and tried their luck at retail.

...Or they had one hell of a Thanksgiving and are still sleeping it off. It is 6:30am on the west coast...

#2788 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Still hoping for a surprise Borderlands GOTY(PS3) for $15 and Tropico 4 for $10 (360) deals...

#2789 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

It looks like a lot people have given up on Amazon's lightning deal lottery after yesterday. This stuff's just sitting there for the taking now. It would have been nice if they'd thrown up Lego Batman 2 for PS3 again - that was all I wanted last night, and I didn't get it after sitting in a waitlist. I ended up just getting it from Newegg for $20 this morning.

#2790 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

the game overall have good reviews, its based on attitude era which people remember and like, but gameplay wise its very far from no mercy its more like smackdown and its interations...

Attitude Era you say? Hmmm well I'm sold. $25 to relive some of my favorite childhood moments sounds ok. Worst case scenario..I hate it and give it to some nice kid.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image