Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2791 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Had to get up to pee about 12 minutes or so ago. Clicked Spec ops the line and was surprised to see i was #4 in line... but now im getting really sleepy. Hope it pops up soon

By the way i have like 3 or 4 amazon windows open. Ive been cycling through them all looking for the popup. Can i close the extra windows? Dont want to screw up the timer if it pops up. I really wish there was a way to check where you are in the list, i need to get back to bed
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2792 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Obviously you've never owned a house in Texas or you'd be singing a different tune

Lets put it this way, Texas has property tax about twice most states but part of that is because of their retarded taxation system. They have a different fucking "government" collecting taxes for the state, city, colleges, even some utilities collect taxes the same way governments would. They could no doubt lower the property tax if they didn't have so many different groups collecting taxes but Texans in general are fearful of government and want to weaken it and dilute it as much as possible. Trust me, I'm well aware of the way things work there, I lived there for many years and still have a bunch of family there.

If you want to talk about houses, obviously YOU haven't owned a house outside of Texas. A house in most Texas cities will at most cost you the same as a house in the SUBURBS of other cities. The houses in most major cities would cost 4-5 times the price of a house in some place like Austin Texas so even at a tax rate of 2 or 3 times as high, you're talking 4-5 times the price of the house so it's STILL a higher property tax + state income taxes + in some states local income taxes. I think anyone that's only lived in Texas and wants to bitch about taxes should go move to LA, DC, NY, etc and see how quickly they change their tune.

#2793 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

yeah bah i got mine.... sure its a dlc fest but for a 2 month game for 25 dollars its still a "good" deal

i was thinking and thinking its going to be a waste if i wouldnt get it xD

One if the few games where the dlc is worthwhile. The game itself has 50+ hours of content and first 2 dlcs have added another 15+ hours. One of the best games this year to boot. Don't feel like you are missing out either. This game is awesome with or without the dlc.

#2794 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Attitude Era you say? Hmmm well I'm sold. $25 to relive some of my favorite childhood moments sounds ok. Worst case scenario..I hate it and give it to some nice kid.

its biggest flaw is that its story mode is more legends of wrestlemania than it is the svr series sure you get to play as some of the best wrestlers ever but its all objective based recreation of the attitude era and unfortunately doesnt have an original story like wwe 12

#2795 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

unbelievable the last batch of deals are still just sitting there.

I don't know about others, but unless it's something that I really, really want, I don't enjoy having to set a clock every few hours to get the item I want. I'd rather know when the items go live at the same time, and take my chances (either get it or not). For example, I knew I wanted an item from BB, so I happened to be up when the sale went live, and bought it. No need to also get up at 3 a.m., 6 a.m., etc. to get anything else.

This lightning deal stuff is simply inconvenient, and that's the real reason why I shop online (convenience).

#2796 zeromill

zeromill

Halo 4 with $20 Amazon gift card and $10 instant video credit.

#2797 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Still hoping for a deal on Dark Souls or Dead Island.

Dark Souls was one of the few games I was looking for a deal on as well, looking pretty grim so far...good luck.

Dark Souls was $20 in BBY's generic value bins of games last night. Not sure what price you were wanting for the hardest game, ever.

So did the Wal-Mart layaway trick work for anyone? I'm proud of my fellow cags for discovering such a loop-hole.

Currently playing:

Battlefield 3

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

My Strategy Guide TradeList

#2798 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hmm isn't half an hour a bit long to wait in the waitlist when you were #4? Im wondering if something bugged out on it. I know yesterday with Ratchet I left and came back like 3 hours later and it still showed me as 'in waitlist' even though it was over and claimed. I wish there was some way to double check, i want to get back to bed
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2799 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

It hasn't gone live yet. Come back in 3 hours(and 15 mins).

Thanks . . . about the GOW saga deal . . .

I really hate the lightening deals . . . I don't want to sit around for hours when I have other things to do.

#2800 Leenk

Leenk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Might jump on Borderlands 2.

Anyone know if Assassin's Creed 3 is going to come back up as a deal?

#2801 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Jesus.. over 45 minutes in the waitlist and i was #4 when i went in for Spec ops.. wtf? Im falling asleep at the computer i gotta get back to bed. For future refrence does joining a waitlist while you have multiple amazon windows open screw it up? Im thinking its bugging out on me, that long of a wait at that wait number seems nuts
\-Clicky Here-\

#2802 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Halo 4 with $20 Amazon gift card and $10 instant video credit.

Thinking about this, but bought too many games already and it'll drop in price by the time I get to it.

#2803 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

It's funny not sleeping.... you see all the early morning deals....

And they go sooooooooooooo sloooooowly.

#2804 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Omg - borderlands 2 and dishonored are back up, scored them both i am soooo happy! Hell yeah!

#2805 Bub

Bub

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

ALL online shopping on Black Friday for me. Got a pretty good haul w/o going to stores.
Picked up: Madden 13, Borderlands 2, Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Probably Max Payne 3 Dishonored (maybe) or Darksiders 2

#2806 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Jesus.. over 45 minutes in the waitlist and i was #4 when i went in for Spec ops.. wtf? Im falling asleep at the computer i gotta get back to bed. For future refrence does joining a waitlist while you have multiple amazon windows open screw it up? Im thinking its bugging out on me, that long of a wait at that wait number seems nuts

You are given a time limit when they offer you the deal on the waitlist. Do you think you may have missed that prompt?

#2807 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have slept 6 hours in 2 days behind all this Black Friday crap. Last night, we got in about midnight. I stayed up until 2:30am because our 3yr old would not go to sleep. Woke up at 4:15 to hit a couple 5am sales. Now here I am posting on here because I'm not tired. Anyone have some sleeping meds they can send me? LOL

#2808 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Borderlands 2 still isn't claimed huh? Not sure if I want to get it or wait for lower. I'm a little late to the bandwagon so I'd likely end up playing it by myself.

#2809 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

You are given a time limit when they offer you the deal on the waitlist. Do you think you may have missed that prompt?

doubt it, im cycling through the pages every couple of minutes. Doesnt the popup change to 'expired' if you miss it? Jesus its been like an hour now. Another 5 mins or so then im just going back to bed, i was up almost 24 hours yesterday and have only slept a couple hours today so far
\-Clicky Here-\

#2810 Leenk

Leenk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Saw that AC3 was still $34.99. Got it for $5.59 after using some left over gift card balance. Can't beat that.

#2811 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I bought BL2 on the launch date, beat both regular and true vault hunter mode as well as all the side missions. Traded it in while the rate was still hot. It's a great game, and most people will play it for a long time because of all the DLC. I plan on picking it up again sometime next year.

#2812 Dr. Para

Dr. Para

Mayor of Drunk Town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Anyone have some sleeping meds they can send me?

Try my time honored trick of Black Friday online shopping morning miamosa's ... I'm casually sipping while waiting for WWE '13 and trying really hard not to fall back asleep.

Dr_Para.png

#2813 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

awd also has a used dishonored for 22 and change

#2814 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wasn't Sleeping Dogs PS3 supposed to be $25? I see it's at $30 now. Did I miss a lightning deal or something?

I wasn't planning to buy this game at all (so I didn't pay attention to its sales) but then my sister just told me a few minutes ago it's on her christmas wish list.

#2815 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Wasn't Sleeping Dogs PS3 supposed to be $25? I see it's at $30 now. Did I miss a lightning deal or something?

I wasn't planning to buy this game at all (so I didn't pay attention to its sales) but then my sister just told me a few minutes ago it's on her christmas wish list.

It was $25 all day yesterday.

#2816 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Borderlands 2 still isn't claimed huh? Not sure if I want to get it or wait for lower. I'm a little late to the bandwagon so I'd likely end up playing it by myself.

Eh, personally I'm gonna wait and grab the goty version next black friday.

#2817 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So much "winning" with this one.

You don't want to pay taxes on purchases because you are taxed on your income? Makes sense. Soon amazon will charge taxes to everyone as Bezos said that amazon will work with the government to set up a fair tax plan.

You should be happy amazon moved to Texas as 1. It creates jobs and 2. The state is getting tax revenue that will help provide services to the people.

$200 and you are broke? Dude you shouldn't be spending all of your money on games. You bitch about taxes but then spend it all. You are my hero.

Taxes are theft.

#2818 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Eh, personally I'm gonna wait and grab the goty version next black friday.

Yeah, I think I'll do that as well.

#2819 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

It was $25 all day yesterday.

Dammit, isn't that just my luck. :P The 360 version is still $25. curses! :P

#2820 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I wonder how many folks here are waiting to pounce on Xcom?