Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday - Lightning Deals, Price Matching and Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
3676 replies to this topic

#2821 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Jesus.. over 45 minutes in the waitlist and i was #4 when i went in for Spec ops.. wtf? Im falling asleep at the computer i gotta get back to bed. For future refrence does joining a waitlist while you have multiple amazon windows open screw it up? Im thinking its bugging out on me, that long of a wait at that wait number seems nuts

I was 50 in wait list for spec ops ps3 and it was maybe 5 minutes

#2822 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Damn I got XCOM yesterday and they won't let me cancel :(

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2823 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I wonder how many folks here are waiting to pounce on Xcom?

This is the first LD for it on Amazon(unlike BL2 which already went on sale yesterday and was much earlier in the morning) and it's late morning so probably a lot.

I almost forgot the GOW Collection only had a DLC voucher for Origins. I think I'll pass for now.

#2824 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Saw that AC3 was still $34.99. Got it for $5.59 after using some left over gift card balance. Can't beat that.

my brother is getting that PS Vita bundle from Amazon later today and he is letting me keep the $10 off coupon for AC3, I'm hoping they email it so I can get AC3 for $25

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#2825 indieinsd

indieinsd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Im glad I got my stuff from Amazon, now that I know Josh works there. Keep up the good work, and sorry guys that couldn't get in on the deals but.... grow up. Whining and moaning about lightning deals just exposes you as an entitled prick.

#2826 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I was 50 in wait list for spec ops ps3 and it was maybe 5 minutes

Ya something is fucked up. I was well over an hour at #4 in the waitlist. I never had anything pop up at all. It still shows me 'in waitlist' if i click on the options button it still says im already in the waitlist for the 360 version.. *sigh*

Any tips for waitlist? Do multiple windows mess it up? Should I refresh? Obviously something got screwed up. I'd rather not get boned again next time and am wondering at what could have gone wrong. Im using chrome because i dont want the popup blocker on firefox to mess with anything. For now i guess i'll just go to bed =(
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2827 Lgndryhr

Lgndryhr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Gonna snag the god of war saga and be done with these lightning deals. Got everything yesterday that I wanted except for Sly Collection and GT 5 XL.

#2828 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Im glad I got my stuff from Amazon, now that I know Josh works there. Keep up the good work, and sorry guys that couldn't get in on the deals but.... grow up. Whining and moaning about lightning deals just exposes you as an entitled prick.

This reply shows you are to..... :lol:

#2829 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I had such awesome luck with the Lightning deals. I got the Coby 32" tv for my son easy enough. Then I got waitlisted for the Asus laptop that went live last night, but I ended up getting it too. Then I tried to get R&C Collection for $15. DENIED.

Oh, well. I woke up this morning and it was $20. close enough.

Now to wait patiently for ZOE HD Collection to hit $20. Cyber Monday, maybe?

#2830 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Taxes are theft.

..........Wut

#2831 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Ya something is fucked up. I was well over an hour at #4 in the waitlist. I never had anything pop up at all. It still shows me 'in waitlist' if i click on the options button it still says im already in the waitlist for the 360 version.. *sigh*

Any tips for waitlist? Do multiple windows mess it up? Should I refresh? Obviously something got screwed up. I'd rather not get boned again next time and am wondering at what could have gone wrong. Im using chrome because i dont want the popup blocker on firefox to mess with anything. For now i guess i'll just go to bed =(

I'm not sure how the waitlist works. I was on the waitlist for the Asus Laptop last night, and it said it would notify me when it was available (I was 500+ and my chances were "poor"). I kept refreshing like crazy. Then I gave up and started walking back to where my friends were in Walmart. When I got back to them I looked down at my phone and it said I had 45 seconds to add the laptop into my cart or I would be off the waitlist. After I added it, I had the standard 15 minutes to complete checkout. I'm not sure what the "add this to cart or you lose it" timer had started at, sadly.

I would say wait at least 15 minutes, since that's how long the cart timer is. Then give it another 5-10 minutes for people on the waitlist to not notice they were given an opportunity to buy...if you haven't gotten it by then you probably won't.

#2832 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I wonder if that Skylanders Starter kit for $39 is an error. It shows the Xbox 360 version but Walmart is only having the Wii version at that price. $39 for Xbox/PS3 versions would be a great price.

walmart had all versions for 39

#2833 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I think the Wii U version of Skylanders may have been 39 also. They had them on top of the game pallets with the other versions with the 38.xx price signage.

#2834 Hachi88

Hachi88

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Amazon finally price matched Saint Row 3 Full Package on PS3 for $24.99

#2835 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Gonna snag the god of war saga and be done with these lightning deals. Got everything yesterday that I wanted except for Sly Collection and GT 5 XL.

guys whats to price for gow saga for the lightning deal? the same $15 as walmart?

#2836 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Think I might finally be done. Got Borderlands 2 for the PC for $29.99 and Saints Rows The Third Complete Package for the PS3. Oh, reminds me that I need to grab the BL2 season pass from GMG and stop "typing" out loud.

#2837 intuition

intuition

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Damn, and I just bought the full package from best buy.
Go Pack Go!!!!!!

#2838 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

first time doing the lighting deals. hope i can get wwe 13

#2839 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

This thread has quieted down, though I expect it to go back to full-on raging when GOW Saga sells out immediately.

#2840 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

im about to rage on douchey foreign cs reps im seriously getting sick of them

#2841 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Woke up at 6 for a LD, went back to sleep for 3 hours, woke up and the games I got up for we're still available. Lammmeeee. Y u no haz logics Amazon buyers?

#2842 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not as many random drops on older games this year. I remember getting Yakuza 4, Dungeon Siege, and a lot more games for $10 and under last year. I'm hoping to see some more stuff like that, though the new release discounts are nice also.

#2843 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I had such awesome luck with the Lightning deals. I got the Coby 32" tv for my son easy enough. Then I got waitlisted for the Asus laptop that went live last night, but I ended up getting it too. Then I tried to get R&C Collection for $15. DENIED.

Oh, well. I woke up this morning and it was $20. close enough.

Now to wait patiently for ZOE HD Collection to hit $20. Cyber Monday, maybe?

Zoe HD hitting 20? Good luck with that. If it drops below 30, I'll eat my hat.

#2844 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

got nba had to use some clout but got it (i can push the envelope on a couple things per year because i spend over 25k a year there)

#2845 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Taxes are theft.

Afterall, who really wants . . . a military, roads to drive on, a public education system, meat inspection, NASA . . .

#2846 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I would get AC3, but ass creed priced always drop faster than an old pair of tittays, so I think I'll wait.

#2847 ilnadmy

ilnadmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Waiting on XCOM and I can close the book on a successful Black Friday. I bought a LOT more than I initially intended to. Damn Amazon and their succulent lightning deals.

#2848 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Afterall, who really wants . . . a military, roads to drive on, a public education system, meat inspection, NASA . . .

A big government. High taxes are a joke when the government is so inefficient and spends billions on a unwanted war.

#2849 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Zoe HD hitting 20? Good luck with that. If it drops below 30, I'll eat my hat.

I hope all you own are giant hats...cause I wouldn't mind seeing a man eat a hat.

#2850 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

i just want to get this over... i have to go buy a Christmas tree lol