Photo
- - - - -

Wii U bundles live on Newegg

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#121 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

So I think this is the last time I ever deal with newegg and their bullshit... I got a tracking number and saw the ship time, but noticed my account is still on packaging. Since the number should work I contacted them and the rep was telling me that the tracking number means they're waiting for UPS pickup and that "ship time" mentioned in the email simply meant the tracking number was generated. So pretty much... I got charged right off the bat to sit in limbo, fantastic...

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#122 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

So I think this is the last time I ever deal with newegg and their bullshit... I got a tracking number and saw the ship time, but noticed my account is still on packaging. Since the number should work I contacted them and the rep was telling me that the tracking number means they're waiting for UPS pickup and that "ship time" mentioned in the email simply meant the tracking number was generated. So pretty much... I got charged right off the bat to sit in limbo, fantastic...

dude, every company ships that way with ups. That why most include a, "tracking number may not work for xx amount of hours note".

#123 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

This is the longest I have ever had to wait for UPS to update the tracking info. NewEgg still does not list the product as shipped even though I got the shipping email at 10 am.

#124 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

dude, every company ships that way with ups. That why most include a, "tracking number may not work for xx amount of hours note".

This is the longest I have ever had to wait for UPS to update the tracking info. NewEgg still does not list the product as shipped even though I got the shipping email at 10 am.

^ that is where my anger comes from.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#125 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Tracking usually updates around this time

#126 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Only a value if you need one for Christmas and want all the games in the package. It's probably your last chance to grab one at retail before Christmas though...

Honestly, there are stacks of these things at local stores here (if you need one, I really suggest checking target). I think this system will do well, but it ain't gonna be a Wii without that universal piece of software like Wii Sports, and Nintendoland is not it.

I still may go grab one, I really want Zombiu, I love rogue-likes and I love survival horror games. Really compelling, and I'll need one for Pikmin and Bayonetta 2 anyway.

The major thing keeping me away is the battery in the controller... ugh, 1500 mAh, three hours of life, christ almighty Nintendo.

#127 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Three hours of battery life is it???

#128 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Three hours of battery life is it???

Three hours is the average battery life of the Wii U Gamepad, the battery in it is purposefully dinky, weaker than what's in the 3DS XL even and it doesn't even fill up half the compartment, so I assume their plan is to sell you a stamina battery down the line.

That's really my major complaint, anything else can be ironed out or ignored, for my purposes with the machine, but I'm a kind of guy who doesn't play their consoles often then marathons them on occasion, so this concerns me.

#129 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Three hours is the average battery life of the Wii U Gamepad, the battery in it is purposefully dinky, weaker than what's in the 3DS XL even and it doesn't even fill up half the compartment, so I assume their plan is to sell you a stamina battery down the line.

That's really my major complaint, anything else can be ironed out or ignored, for my purposes with the machine, but I'm a kind of guy who doesn't play their consoles often then marathons them on occasion, so this concerns me.

yea that's one of my biggest complaints too... ofcourse they made it weak so they will improve it with the next version

#130 boostsaves

boostsaves

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Nice shipped yesterday 11/19 with a expected delivery date of Monday the 26th. So much for three day shipping.

Done with egg

#131 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Nice shipped yesterday 11/19 with a expected delivery date of Monday the 26th. So much for three day shipping.

Done with egg

So you had to pay for shipping and it's not even 3 day? I would call and complain to at least get your shipping back that sucks.

#132 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Done with egg

better than me...

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

#133 boostsaves

boostsaves

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

better than me...

well I guess I mis-understood what the tracking email ment. I guess a shipping label was printed out at 6pm yesterday. So my Wii u was ordered Friday night boxed up and spent all day Monday sitting there for no reason. It's Tuesday morning and guess what shipping label still printed.

What a joke.

#134 MisterS42

MisterS42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Just spoke to a rep from newegg about my system shipping on Monday the 27th. They said it is due to UPS not shipping on Thurs (Thanksgiving) or Friday (I have no idea). So they count the day after "Shipped" as the first day. So even though a normal person would count three day shipping as the day the item is listed a "Shipping" (Monday), a day in transit (Tuesday), and then delivery (Wednesday). Though won't deliver it until Monday of the following week. That is a week and a day for 3 day shipping. Bunch of crap.

#135 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well it all depends on where you located. Luckily for us in the east coast, there's a newegg center very near. So usually newegg has been very kind to us (at least to us New Yorkers). Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and due deliver on Wednesday.

Now one thing wan to mention is that my order status still says 'packaging' but I received a separate email yesterday with the ups tracking number. So check your email to see your status.

#136 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of Newegg.. like they can influence UPS and the space time continuum. You order a product Saturday, knowing its not released until Sunday, and nobody actually ships stuff on Sunday. Starting Monday, they have three days, which places the items on Thankgiving, which nothing is delivered. The soonest you will get a three day is Firday.

UPS 2012 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 28, 2012*
Independence Day - July 4, 2012*
Labor Day - September 3, 2012*
Thanksgiving Day - November 22, 2012*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 23, 2012**
Christmas - December 25, 2012*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2012**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2013*

So you arent getting it Friday, its a UPS holiday, and you are not getting it Saturday without a special order type. With all the holiday stuff being ordered, feel lucky if you get it Monday.

I paid the one day shipping guessing that was the only way I would get it before Thanksgiving. good luck on two day shippers. This is not Neweggs fault, its your fault for not considering how the real world ships. You can quit Newegg, but you will find that every company in the world will run the same way over holidays.

#137 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I still don't have any tracking information. I guess mine will be delivered next week.

#138 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Don't get discouraged about tracking information. Newegg updates once their retailers send them the information, and UPS is notorious for lack of useful updates. I have received tons of things in the mail before they even notified me it was shipped. My tracking information says estimated delivery time today, and still waiting for item from the shipper.

#139 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

My sister ordered the Deluxe bundle. The order was cancelled by Newegg because there was not sufficient stock to fulfill some of the orders. I can understand that. However, Newegg never contacted her at all about the cancellation. She contacted Newegg to inquire about the status of her order because it was no longer listed in the order history section of her account. Only then was she informed the order had been cancelled. She was also charged in full for the order. It will take between 3-5 business days for her to receive a refund which will probably be the beginning of next week. This is poor customer service by Newegg. She was offered a $10 gift card for the inconvenience, but she declined.

Trade List Games & DLC

#140 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of Newegg.. like they can influence UPS and the space time continuum. You order a product Saturday, knowing its not released until Sunday, and nobody actually ships stuff on Sunday. Starting Monday, they have three days, which places the items on Thankgiving, which nothing is delivered. The soonest you will get a three day is Firday.

UPS 2012 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 28, 2012*
Independence Day - July 4, 2012*
Labor Day - September 3, 2012*
Thanksgiving Day - November 22, 2012*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 23, 2012**
Christmas - December 25, 2012*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2012**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2013*

So you arent getting it Friday, its a UPS holiday, and you are not getting it Saturday without a special order type. With all the holiday stuff being ordered, feel lucky if you get it Monday.

I paid the one day shipping guessing that was the only way I would get it before Thanksgiving. good luck on two day shippers. This is not Neweggs fault, its your fault for not considering how the real world ships. You can quit Newegg, but you will find that every company in the world will run the same way over holidays.

It's amazing how few people understand this... and how demanding people who waited until the last day to "pre-order" can be. It's all because society made us tell every kid they were special. So now we have an entire population who feels like the world revolves around them.

#141 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

My mom saids I is speshuls.

But yeah, its easier for people to rage about stuff than try to understand how simple things work I guess. Holidays always screw up delivery time.

#142 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's amazing how few people understand this... and how demanding people who waited until the last day to "pre-order" can be. It's all because society made us tell every kid they were special. So now we have an entire population who feels like the world revolves around them.

This and the thing you quoted.

#143 jigsaw918

jigsaw918

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

the link is broken

#144 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I don't think anyone is crying in their soup yes people are disappointed and came here to talk about it and compare stories. You posting this did nothing but becoming a whining child yourself and your not teaching anyone a lesson with your BS story there. Think beyond yourself for a minute maybe we had circumstances why we couldn't "pre-order" before so that doesn't mean we should settle for second class service because of it. They posted a product and said it would be shipped in 3 days which everyone paid for. Holiday delayed shipping is understandable I'm not talking about that part just the situation in general.

Edited by Sizzler7, 20 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.
clarification

#145 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

A lot of people lack the money, some lack the time to find one and others found out their kid really wanted one. There are plenty of valid reasons, hey mine was that I needed one to pay for my preorder. In the end, with orders getting canceled, people getting carded early and conflicting information... people get worried. In my case I like a simpler operation (I even told them if they didn't charge me till Monday, I would have been okay). In the end, I am getting mine tomorrow, so I got 1 day shipping even though I paid for 3, well played Newegg lol.

#146 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I don't think anyone is crying in their soup yes people are disappointed and came here to talk about it and compare stories. You posting this did nothing but becoming a whining child yourself and your not teaching anyone a lesson with your BS story there. Think beyond yourself for a minute maybe we had circumstances why we couldn't "pre-order" before so that doesn't mean we should settle for second class service because of it. They posted a product and said it would be shipped in 3 days which everyone paid for. Holiday delayed shipping is understandable I'm not talking about that part just the situation in general.

not really if you at all have followed new electronic releases in the past 12 years it is fairly well established new shiny toys like these sell out pretty fast. not to mention with the lack of Wii U ads you kind of have to follow video games to even know about it. if you want the newest shiny toy like a console or and iphone 5 especially in the week of release you really should plan that crap ahead of time.

and really no one is crying? this thread is full of crying.

#147 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

But that's the thing... you're not getting treated with second class service. Everyone has to do deal with the holiday. If you'd pre-ordered ahead of time they'd have been able to send it out for "release day" (which had to be monday because mail doesn't run on sunday). What you and others are expecting goes into fantasy... Thinking you'll get special shipping without paying for it?

#148 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I still have no tracking information. I just want to know when the damn thing will get here so I know when I have to be home.

#149 Oceaniax

Oceaniax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm sorry that I ordered a product a site offered.

I'm sorry that I was subsequently charged $600.

I'm sorry that my order was cancelled without any (and still w/o) any notification.

I'm sorry that despite newegg's error, I will not receive a refund for about a week (which would be particularly fun if it happened to put someone near their CC limit during black friday sales).

I'm sorry for being a whiny, entitled crybaby. :roll:

#150 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

But that's the thing... you're not getting treated with second class service. Everyone has to do deal with the holiday. If you'd pre-ordered ahead of time they'd have been able to send it out for "release day" (which had to be monday because mail doesn't run on sunday). What you and others are expecting goes into fantasy... Thinking you'll get special shipping without paying for it?

not really if you at all have followed new electronic releases in the past 12 years it is fairly well established new shiny toys like these sell out pretty fast. not to mention with the lack of Wii U ads you kind of have to follow video games to even know about it. if you want the newest shiny toy like a console or and iphone 5 especially in the week of release you really should plan that crap ahead of time.

Wow thanks to both of you for setting me straight I really appreciate all the help and guidance. I'm looking for a financial supervisor maybe one of you can help me out? Great work here :applause::roll: