Photo
- - - - -

FREE World of Warcraft + 1st two EXP Packs + 30 Days of game time..For D3 Owners

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I just brought diablo 3, can i still get in on this?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#32 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Own the game, didn't get an e-mail.

Same here :(

#33 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Got it. Anyone know if I can just download the clients and play 30 days for free later? Say a few months down the road. Don't have time to waste in WoW for a month yet.

#34 GregSal1

GregSal1

Computer says no.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Got it. Anyone know if I can just download the clients and play 30 days for free later? Say a few months down the road. Don't have time to waste in WoW for a month yet.

I was wondering the same thing!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Me too. Especially since I didn't even do the free trial to level 20 and with the holidays, I'd rather give this thing a chance when I have more free time to actually play (you think that's why they did it? Give you a taste but make damn sure you won't have nearly as much time to actually play during the 30 days?)
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#36 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Got the email. Maybe I will redeem to just have on my account.

*EDIT*
Just entered my code. The 30 Days starts right when you enter it.

Edited by Monoxide1986, 17 November 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#37 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

THANK YOU! :D i wouldve never checked my dads email for this is you hadnt delievered :applause:

#38 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I got it too. It's a terrible idea that I want to try it because my cousins have been playing WoW again recently and I'm sure they wanted to me play with them.

#39 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Man, I opted for Emails and never got one. Is there a requirement to get an Email?

#40 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Guessing if you own WoW you don't get this? My bother has D3 and WoW, I wouldn't mind taking that copy and playing for free for 30 days for nostalgia.

#41 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well, if anyone wants a referral to WoW before activating their key.. *cough* Help a fellow CAG! :P

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#42 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

844HBY-XJFM-2WVYTR-PCZ8-BD2T6J enjoy.

#43 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I got one too and thought it was because I had just added an authenticator to my D3 account so I could use the blizzard account balance from the RMAH. I figured Blizzard wanted me to have something to spend my balance on.

For anyone who has done this is there any strings attached to the offer such as you have to put a credit card on file with them or have to call to cancel the subscription or is this truly a free month of WoW?

#44 korn4004

korn4004

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Can I have a key donation?

#45 mentalward

mentalward

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I have a code that I would be willing to trade for some of the halo 4 double exp codes. I just can't bring myself to gorging on Doritos and Mountain Dew to get the codes myself.

#46 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

hmm. i did not receive this though i opted to receive promotional email from them..
maybe a US only thing (my account was set up in Singapore :/)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#47 angrysalad187

angrysalad187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I got the email and shrugged it off but now that I think about it maybe I should see what all the hype is about. I haven't been crack addicted to a game since I was a wee lad. Then I got older and started college and just didn't have the time to play video games. Now I'm out of college and WANT to get crack addicted to a game. I just don't have the passion anymore and nothing has really sucked me in. I feel like that part of my childhood died.

1) After all these years is WoW still worth getting in to? I don't have any friends that still play it.
2) Will I be able to easily meet people to form parties to do stuff? Or does it put you into a party automatically kind of like in Diablo 3?
3) I love games but I can't stick to one game for more than 10-20 hours. Will this game suck me in and keep me playing for 100-200 hours?

#48 jbuenoc

jbuenoc

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I got the mail, have a Diablo III collector´s on my B.NET account and beat it just once, haven´t really touched it since and did get a copy. I gifted the CD key, and haven´t heard from the other person if it didn´t work, so I guess it did.

#49 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well I didn't get one. So if anyone looking to trade their key, PM me

#50 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I would like to play with my gf if anyone could pm me a code please do and If i can find any double exp codes at work i will pm them back :D
Posted Image

#51 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I didn't get an email either. I'm pretty sure I had my account set to receive emails, but I've only owned Diablo 3 for about 3 weeks and I've never actually played it (I won it in a raffle and haven't gotten around to it yet.). So maybe that might have something to do with it.

#52 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Willing to trade Assassin's Creed III sharpshooter DLC (PS3 or 360, your choice) for one.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#53 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I got one too and thought it was because I had just added an authenticator to my D3 account so I could use the blizzard account balance from the RMAH. I figured Blizzard wanted me to have something to spend my balance on.

If only, There is literally almost nothing you could spend your b.net balance on, not even WoW sub fees.

#54 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I got the email and shrugged it off but now that I think about it maybe I should see what all the hype is about. I haven't been crack addicted to a game since I was a wee lad. Then I got older and started college and just didn't have the time to play video games. Now I'm out of college and WANT to get crack addicted to a game. I just don't have the passion anymore and nothing has really sucked me in. I feel like that part of my childhood died.

1) After all these years is WoW still worth getting in to? I don't have any friends that still play it.
2) Will I be able to easily meet people to form parties to do stuff? Or does it put you into a party automatically kind of like in Diablo 3?
3) I love games but I can't stick to one game for more than 10-20 hours. Will this game suck me in and keep me playing for 100-200 hours?

This game is about 8 or 9 years old now. it just isn't the same thing as it was when it launched.

1. Not in my opinion. They have had a direction of simplifying the game and targeting it toward the younger crowd. For example, the game used to have complicated talent trees. They got rid of them and put in simplified talent trees. Now they got rid of those and basically replaced it with a perk system. There is more customization in a CoD game at this point.

2. There are cross-server automatic party creators for basically everything, and now cross-server zones. Which helps with queue times/population issues, but kills any sense of community the game had at one point. These days it is much more D3-like than what it used to be (when you had to find people on your server to go kill shit in a dungeon or whatever, and not just press the Queue button while jumping over and over in Orgrimmar)
3. If it truly sucks you in, 1000-2000 hours. Maybe it still has that ability for new players, I don't know. I feel the game was pretty good when launched, best during Burning Crusade (first expansion), then WotLK it started going downhill.

Overall, I'd say pick another game.

#55 angrysalad187

angrysalad187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

^^^^^

ahh thank you very much for the input. there are a million other mmo's that i think i'll check out then.

#56 Kurama05

Kurama05

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Mines up for trade....PM if you want it.

#57 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

@ridley

Couldnt have said it better man. Gamestop has mop for 20 on friday so im going to level my rogue to 90 see some content then prob unsub. Game has DEF gone down since tbc. Shit after cata, wotlk seemed amazing.

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#58 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Got the email, figured it was just some random newsletter. Entered the code, just so it can be redeemed. Don't really care if the time laps, too busy playing other games.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#59 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

No email here, but I've been playing wow for about a month now so. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#60 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

This game is about 8 or 9 years old now. it just isn't the same thing as it was when it launched.

1. Not in my opinion. They have had a direction of simplifying the game and targeting it toward the younger crowd. For example, the game used to have complicated talent trees. They got rid of them and put in simplified talent trees. Now they got rid of those and basically replaced it with a perk system. There is more customization in a CoD game at this point.

2. There are cross-server automatic party creators for basically everything, and now cross-server zones. Which helps with queue times/population issues, but kills any sense of community the game had at one point. These days it is much more D3-like than what it used to be (when you had to find people on your server to go kill shit in a dungeon or whatever, and not just press the Queue button while jumping over and over in Orgrimmar)
3. If it truly sucks you in, 1000-2000 hours. Maybe it still has that ability for new players, I don't know. I feel the game was pretty good when launched, best during Burning Crusade (first expansion), then WotLK it started going downhill.

Overall, I'd say pick another game.

In regards to the skill system it's better than it was before in my opinion because they removed all of the pointless crap. Yes you have opinions to pick for your talents but 99% of the time there was a talent that was infinitely better than the other talent in the same branch level, so you ended up with 90% of the population using the same build because some smart guy on a forum says so. Then you have 10% of the population that have no idea what they're doing and randomly pick skills. I feel that they should do that with the D3 skill trees, people would cry/complain about it but frankly some of the skills/runes in D3 are so worthless they shouldn't even exist and merely serve as a filler so they can over embellish the options the game has.

What they're doing now is making end game more accessible for people by making it easier to match up with other players. Which is a good and bad thing. Good in the sense that you don't have to commit yourself to a specific time slot every week and you can raid/play when you want assuming the queue isn't too long. The negative is that it killed the community within the server and world pvp, but frankly the server community chatter never went beyond the intelligence level of what you would find in the Barrens channel. For some servers the battleground/dungeon queue was a godsend.