Topanga <3

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Topanga isn't currently on television right now, yet she's maintained a healthy weight. Therefore, your logic is not only incredibly shallow and close-minded, but extremely flawed.

I also find it funny how you say something and then list a ton of exceptions that ultimately contradict what you said in the first place. Something's not true if you can continue to list exceptions for it. You can't be successful in Hollywood if you're overweight unless you're Oprah, Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne, Kathy Bates, etc etc etc. Do you not even realize what you're saying? What you're trying to say is that weight is directly relative to a woman's success in the world of acting. Just because the top paid TV and movie actresses are short on overweight woman does not mean a damn thing. You can't immediately jump to the conclusion that overweight women aren't successful just because of that list. That list means nothing, especially when it only outlines a certain amount of people. I don't think you actually know how it works in real-life. You have such a twisted outlook on how things work that I'm surprised you actually know how to hold yourself in an argument. If anything, it's people like YOU that have made this country the way YOU see it. Yes, we do tend to be more attracted to thin women, but it's people like you that have made this country the sad and close-minded place that it is. Grow up.

This will depend on the amount of money, fame and success you have earned in life. Will Smith and others in his class didn't marry a fatty.

No, it won't. I don't discriminate based on weight because I'm not a shallow person. I don't have a ton of money and I'm definitely not famous, but I've never once turned down a woman because she was overweight. I judge people based on the content of their character. Looks are an added bonus.

Because once the show is over, she'll likely get fat again. Her weight is a factor in whether the show does well and also determines how successful her career is if she's simply going to be an actress who reads lines others have written. Is she a writer? Is she a comedian? Can she sing? Is she okay with playing the hyper-sexed fat black woman because that's funny (Parks & Recreation)? No? Then she's going to have to get by on her looks like most actresses. If she cannot maintain that, then she doesn't get on TV.

Didn't you say she was fat in the show? I think we can all agree that she definitely gained weight towards the latter part of the series, yet the show was successful. The moment she gained weight, the producers didn't all sit down and say "We have to cancel the show. Topanga's overweight." Thus, your logic is once again flawed.

Who is the most successful? People like Jennifer Aniston, who still looks amazing as an aging actress because she keeps herself fit. Jennifer Aniston doesn't write scripts. She isn't funny on her own. She is a bore in interviews. She doesn't produce save for a few small projects. She doesn't direct except for a couple small projects. She doesn't have an idea in her head. But people like her because she is cute, likable and easy on the eyes.

You're attributing all of Jennifer Aniston's success to her looks, which is once again flawed. I'm sure her looks have gotten her a ton of coverage and press over the years, but to be honest, she wasn't as attractive back in the day and yet she still landed a big role on a very popular TV show. You don't think the casting crew couldn't have found someone even more attractive? They obviously chose Jennifer Aniston because she had something about her that others did not and I don't think it was based purely on looks. You may personally not find her funny, but I and many others probably do. She is cute and easy on the eyes and you even said likable. She'd still be likable if she wasn't the former as well because that has to do with personality. Likability is not completely reliant on one's looks like you think it is. It helps, but it's not all about looks.

Edited by Tsel, 18 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#32 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

This thread FULLY delivered. Thin Topanga HAWT. Chubby Topanga...not so much. Somebody nominate the thread for some award because I'm serious. It's got pics, luls, sarcasm. A dude even has an animated gif of a goddamn cat. If that's not all-star worthy, I don't know what is.

#33 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Somebody nominate the thread for some award because I'm serious. It's got pics, luls, sarcasm. A dude even has an animated gif of a goddamn cat. If that's not all-star worthy, I don't know what is.

Ahahahah, I love this quote. Into the signature. :)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#34 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Spokker definitely is dating a fat chick that used to be skinny.

#35 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

:rofl:

#36 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Ahahahah, I love this quote. Into the signature. :)

I thank you sir. Haa haa.

#37 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Spokker's posts in this thread reveal some serious issues in his attitude toward women. He posts as someone that holds a lot of anger against the other gender. Referring to her as "bitch" right off the bat only to continue on to his other criticisms are particularly revealing. I really do feel bad for anyone that can hold in that much anger for someone they don't even really know based on such trivial things.

Personally, I think she's gorgeous. And while I wouldn't "bang her like a drum" I do find her to be attractive regardless of what her weight fluctuates to.

Dude hates himself, I think that's becoming pretty obvious.

#38 Chase

Chase

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

GOT DAMM

No mercy, Legion-of-Doom-type spike straight through the heart. I shouldn't laugh, but I did. Shah mat. :applause:

#39 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

(what this thread doesn't have, but clearly needs)

#40 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

This will depend on the amount of money, fame and success you have earned in life. Will Smith and others in his class didn't marry a fatty.

How do you explain Pierce Brosnan's wife then?

#41 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

The only thing this thread is missing is slidecage.

#42 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

The only thing this thread is missing is slidecage.

Maybe Spokker is slidecage!? *Dun dun dunnnnnn*

He actually could be DJK8 though...

#43 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Maybe Spokker is slidecage!? *Dun dun dunnnnnn*

Posted Image

He actually could be DJK8 though...

A little before my time, bro.:lol:

#44 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

A little before my time, bro.:lol:

DJK8 was a CAG who was supposedly this attractive lesbian DJ. Many other CAGs believed this to be true for a while...

Turns out DJK8 was really a fat boy. :)

#45 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

DJK8 was a CAG who was supposedly this attractive lesbian DJ. Many other CAGs believed this to be true for a while...

Turns out DJK8 was really a fat boy. :)

:rofl: I remember that.

For the uninformed: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=126770

#46 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Who sells more burgers?

http://www.kidfreeli...ommercial-girl/

#47 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Who sells more burgers?

McDonald's.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#48 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Who sells more burgers?

I remember watching the ad and thinking from a marketing standpoint, that while it's neat, and lives up to the family image that Wendy's tried to do with Ole Dave Thomas, that showing a rather overweight person, granted the namesake of the company, sends the message: "Eat at Wendy's. You'll get fat". Right now that's exactly the message fast food is trying NOT to deliver, so I'm sure there were some lengthy debates about which direction to take their campaign.

#49 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

:rofl: I remember that.

For the uninformed: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=126770

Damn, that just took me WAY back.

#50 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Damn, that just took me WAY back.

The DJK8E thing makes me think about the investigation into Lena.

edit: I just checked and it seems that Karlie Montana has/had stepped up to the big leagues. I wonder if Jim ever checked to find out.

Posted Image