Toysrus buy 1 get 1 40 percent off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the TRU: Buy 2 $60 games for $60, then return the other one so you get 1 for $30 thread? Did it work? Want to try it for BO2. It was posted here earlier this morning, can't find it now.

are you sure it's all WiiU games? mine says WiiU games listed below 49.99 only (including DS, 3DS, Wii Regular)

[quote name='djricekcn']are you sure it's all WiiU games? mine says WiiU games listed below 49.99 only (including DS, 3DS, Wii Regular)[/QUOTE]
Just got the email from TRU.It says buy 1 Get 1 40% off ALL Wii & Wii U video games valid November 18. It has Mario, Epic Mickey 3 and Batman Wii U games in the picture. No exclusions in fine print.
tubdv

tubdv

is this an area thing? called my closest toys r us, talked to three people (separate calls) and none of them are aware of this one, only aware of 49.99 one...

So can I buy them out?

according to my math this puts each game at 38 dollars each.. Well below wholesale.

I don't have my Wii U preorder at TRU, but mine is open till at least 12 AM tonight. I don't know if they are doing a midnight release though because they are always open till 12 on Saturdays. If they are, do you think I could stop by there first and take advantage of this deal?

[quote name='Tiako']So can I buy them out?

according to my math this puts each game at 38 dollars each.. Well below wholesale.[/QUOTE]

Your math is wrong. It works out to $48 each.

Holy crap! Any indication if it's online and if so would it qualify for their free shipping on new releases policy? Also, any chance Wal-mart will PM it at midnight tonight even though TRU doesn't open until 8 am tomorrow? I might be able to run the table at Wally World tonight!!!

according to my math this puts each game at 38 dollars each.. Well below wholesale.[/QUOTE]

How do you know the wholesale price anyway? Math is wrong to begin with.

you have horrible math go back to school

it's $48 each for a $59.99 game

I have been trying to get a hold of someone at my TRU today, but I couldn't. I called just a second ago because the website says they are open until midnight. I got the automated we are closed response, but it said they were opening at 12 AM. Are they doing this for the Wii U or are they just confused in thinking that tomorrow at noon is 12 AM?

[quote name='MoCiWe']Is there any reason they wont have ZombiU in stock? I don't see it on their website at all.[/QUOTE]

They will have zombiu. How many idk. One by me only got 10 copys but a million copy of mario lol.

[quote name='CronO_O']They will have zombiu. How many idk. One by me only got 10 copys but a million copy of mario lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, those are the two games I'll probably try to get, I'll grab ZombiU first then if there aren't a lot of copies of it.

target is running buy TWO get one 50% off and it's active on their site. Also the TRU deal is active online too

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='teknomedic']target is running buy one get one 50% off and it's active on their site. Also the TRU deal is active online too[/QUOTE]

I only see buy 2 get 1 50% off at Target.

Thanks for this post! I got Skyward Sword w/Music CD (It's only $30 on TRU.com), Fling Smash (with Wiimote Plus) and a Collector's Edition Mario puzzle (to get free shipping) for $55.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Do you think best buy will pricematch if I bring the ad?[/QUOTE]

prob not cause its a % but try anyway

I got this from Best Buy's website

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.
I guess Best Buy isn't pricematching this week. :cry:

1 toysrus had mario within like 50 miles of my house

and the one that did have it must have had 200 copies

that makes no sense

My Best Buy priced matched no problem.

However there was some confusion so they brought the manager over. It seems that bestbuy.com has stopped all price matching this week (as above), however stores are still maintaining standard PMs, including the 40% off match for TRU.

This according to the manager FWIW.

Picked up NSMBU and ZombiiU for $100.

[quote name='teknomedic']hmm... my bad... could have swore it said buy one earlier. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
It's active online again. Just bought mario and Ninja Gaiden for $102.70 after taxes

[quote name='Davivascaino']Do you think best buy will pricematch if I bring the ad?[/QUOTE]

I was able to pricematch at BestBuy a little bit ago with no problems. I picked up NSMBU and Batman for $100. I really debated on Batman or CoD or Scribblenauts. I was really interested in the new features for Batman and that I can play the game on the tablet.

My TRU had ZombiiU in stock for the one that asked so you should be good. Picked up Mario and Scribblenauts for $100 and change, then cancelled my Mario preorder when I pickde up the console at Gamestop

[quote name='sharpeone']I was able to pricematch at BestBuy a little bit ago with no problems. I picked up NSMBU and Batman for $100. I really debated on Batman or CoD or Scribblenauts. I was really interested in the new features for Batman and that I can play the game on the tablet.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about picking up Batman, but then I saw Gamestop will have the Arkam City GOTY edition for (PS3/360) for $20 on Black Friday so ill pick it up for PS3 and wait for the Wii U version to get cheaper cause I want to us the new features with the tablet too.

[quote name='ZForce']My TRU had ZombiiU in stock for the one that asked so you should be good. Picked up Mario and Scribblenauts for $100 and change, then cancelled my Mario preorder when I pickde up the console at Gamestop[/QUOTE]
I cancelled my Mario and Just Dance 4 pre-orders when I picked up my Wii U at GS also. Clerk asked why and I just showed him the TRU ad on my phone. I didn't want to say it out loud and cause them to lose more money by cancelling and going across the street to TRU.

I got the deal price matched at Best Buy just by showing the physical ad. I assume showing it on the phone would work just as well.

Took forever because the systems kept crashing for trade ins. Either way, I got NSMBU and Sonic All Stars for 82$ at Best Buy. Only had to pay 2$ out of pocket after trading Halo 4 and Assassins Creed 3, I'll likely rebuy them later after the price drops

Probably YMMV because of Black Friday coming and them cancelling most of their own matching policies. Though the guy just took 20% of each title for me.

[quote name='klimb22']I cancelled my Mario and Just Dance 4 pre-orders when I picked up my Wii U at GS also. Clerk asked why and I just showed him the TRU ad on my phone. I didn't want to say it out loud and cause them to lose more money by cancelling and going across the street to TRU.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm cool with the guys at my local Gamestop, they don't try to force shit down my throat, and they respect the fact that I hunt for the best deals when I can.

I can't get this to work using Skylanders: Giants for the Wii U, but the actual page states that it falls under this promotion. Anyone find a way around this issue? Or have suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back