Toysrus buy 1 get 1 40 percent off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#31 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Do you think best buy will pricematch if I bring the ad?

prob not cause its a % but try anyway

#32 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

best buy isn't price matching this week so ymmv

#33 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I got this from Best Buy's website

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

I guess Best Buy isn't pricematching this week. :cry:
Posted Image

#34 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

1 toysrus had mario within like 50 miles of my house

and the one that did have it must have had 200 copies

that makes no sense

#35 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

My Best Buy priced matched no problem.

However there was some confusion so they brought the manager over. It seems that bestbuy.com has stopped all price matching this week (as above), however stores are still maintaining standard PMs, including the 40% off match for TRU.

This according to the manager FWIW.

Picked up NSMBU and ZombiiU for $100.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#36 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

hmm... my bad... could have swore it said buy one earlier. Oh well.

It's active online again. Just bought mario and Ninja Gaiden for $102.70 after taxes

#37 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Do you think best buy will pricematch if I bring the ad?

I was able to pricematch at BestBuy a little bit ago with no problems. I picked up NSMBU and Batman for $100. I really debated on Batman or CoD or Scribblenauts. I was really interested in the new features for Batman and that I can play the game on the tablet.

#38 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

My store has 5 Flingsmash bundles at $25 each. Not really worth it unless you actually need two controllers for $40.

#39 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

My TRU had ZombiiU in stock for the one that asked so you should be good. Picked up Mario and Scribblenauts for $100 and change, then cancelled my Mario preorder when I pickde up the console at Gamestop
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#40 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was able to pricematch at BestBuy a little bit ago with no problems. I picked up NSMBU and Batman for $100. I really debated on Batman or CoD or Scribblenauts. I was really interested in the new features for Batman and that I can play the game on the tablet.

I was thinking about picking up Batman, but then I saw Gamestop will have the Arkam City GOTY edition for (PS3/360) for $20 on Black Friday so ill pick it up for PS3 and wait for the Wii U version to get cheaper cause I want to us the new features with the tablet too.

#41 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

My TRU had ZombiiU in stock for the one that asked so you should be good. Picked up Mario and Scribblenauts for $100 and change, then cancelled my Mario preorder when I pickde up the console at Gamestop

I cancelled my Mario and Just Dance 4 pre-orders when I picked up my Wii U at GS also. Clerk asked why and I just showed him the TRU ad on my phone. I didn't want to say it out loud and cause them to lose more money by cancelling and going across the street to TRU.

#42 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Might trying PMing Scribblenauts and Sonic Allstar Racing at BB in a bit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Just to confirm, to price match this at BB I would need to show them my phone with the two games in my cart?

#44 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

They should just be able to pull up the site and see. I'm heading there in about 10 minutes, so I'll update with results
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I got the deal price matched at Best Buy just by showing the physical ad. I assume showing it on the phone would work just as well.
\\:D/

#46 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Bestbuy said they wouldn't PM for us although it wasn't a big deal since Toysrus is right across the street.

#47 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Took forever because the systems kept crashing for trade ins. Either way, I got NSMBU and Sonic All Stars for 82$ at Best Buy. Only had to pay 2$ out of pocket after trading Halo 4 and Assassins Creed 3, I'll likely rebuy them later after the price drops

Probably YMMV because of Black Friday coming and them cancelling most of their own matching policies. Though the guy just took 20% of each title for me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

I cancelled my Mario and Just Dance 4 pre-orders when I picked up my Wii U at GS also. Clerk asked why and I just showed him the TRU ad on my phone. I didn't want to say it out loud and cause them to lose more money by cancelling and going across the street to TRU.

Yeah I'm cool with the guys at my local Gamestop, they don't try to force shit down my throat, and they respect the fact that I hunt for the best deals when I can.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#49 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

I can't get this to work using Skylanders: Giants for the Wii U, but the actual page states that it falls under this promotion. Anyone find a way around this issue? Or have suggestions?

#50 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Just to confirm, to price match this at BB I would need to show them my phone with the two games in my cart?

Depends on the store. I showed mine the ad on my phone, but they barely looked at it. So they either took my word for it or knew about it in advance.

#51 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

^You might need to call in, email customer service, or buy the games in-store.

#52 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thanks, please continue discussion here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332253