Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/18/12 to 11/21/12) Wii U Sales at Toys R Us & Target

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#61 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Its worth noting too that this is also in the 11/18-21 TRU ad in addition to the black friday ad.

So TRU is offering buy 1 get one 40% off on Wii U games on Sunday? Might as well try to PM at Best Buy while I am picking up my system (unlikely as it may be).

#62 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

A 3DS XL for $175 seems like a decent deal. I can't remember if this is better/worse/same as the Kmart deal awhile back that I missed out on.

#63 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

A 3DS XL for $175 seems like a decent deal. I can't remember if this is better/worse/same as the Kmart deal awhile back that I missed out on.

Best Buy has them for $179 this week, so it's in the ball park of the better deals for the system.

#64 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Should be visible now...it always gets screwy between Microsoft Outlook (where I type this) and this site. :/

#65 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

*sigh* I'm not sure anymore if I should get a 3DS XL next week from BBY (PMing Target's $175 deal) and use a $50-$75 RZ certificate on it or if I should just wait for a price drop since I'm not dissatisfied with my 3DS right now...:-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#66 pablowx

pablowx

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Is the Best Buy Gamers Club unlocked worth it?

#67 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Preorder only one game and you already made your money back. It's definitely worth 15 for the year.

#68 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Personally waiting for a better deal on the 3DS XL besides 24.99 off. :/ Hopefully the Holiday ads will have more going for them.

xivpads.png

#69 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Wish my freaking @Gamer magazine came. I would have tried to see if the B1G1 50% off used worked with the $10 off used coupon. How long does it usually take for the first issue to arrive after you signed up for GCU?

4-6 weeks but u should've gotten ur 1st issue free when u signed up & you could bring your receipt back into the store & see if they'll scan newer coupons if u still haven't got ur mag. Contact @gamer CS direct to see when ur issue was mailed.
https://w1.buysub.co...292025254&vid=1
1-800-678-3643

Is a 3-some with supermodels good?

#70 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

The Target I work at got 8 Black Wii U bundles and 6 White. 5 of each are pre-ordered, leaving 3 Black and 1 White available to the public. They will be gone in a flash. Can't wait to encounter the people raging about how Target doesn't have the product they advertised and the store just opened.

UyUhMmy.png

#71 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I might get that 3DS XL. I have a 10% off card up to $100 (so $10 off) as well as an extra 5% off with a Target card, so I'm thinking that's about $157~ before taxes, which isn't bad.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#72 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

I might get that 3DS XL. I have a 10% off card up to $100 (so $10 off) as well as an extra 5% off with a Target card, so I'm thinking that's about $157~ before taxes, which isn't bad.

10% off card? Where would one get this? I've been looking some exactly that to combine with my Target card. If I could get the XL for about $160 I might bite.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#73 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

The Target I work at got 8 Black Wii U bundles and 6 White. 5 of each are pre-ordered, leaving 3 Black and 1 White available to the public. They will be gone in a flash. Can't wait to encounter the people raging about how Target doesn't have the product they advertised and the store just opened.

I work at a Target also, and all stores in our region either got 14 or 8 Deluxes.

Target just isn't the place to go for a Wii U sadly.

When the original Wii launched, our store had 50, and the line outside had more than 50 people in it and it sold out instantly. Only 14 is terrible.

#74 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Member tru 40 deal is only for 50 dollars or less. Sonic racing the only good game at that level

#75 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

dangit. i thought that said b1g1 50% off. b2g1 blows, unless it were a b2g1 free.
Posted Image

#76 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Member tru 40 deal is only for 50 dollars or less. Sonic racing the only good game at that level

that's this week. next week it's on all wii u games.
Posted Image

#77 spooie_redux

spooie_redux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Do you pronounce CAG like BAG?

I always give it more of a CAJ sound when I say it. Sounds more sophisticated and fancy.

CAG just sounds crass.

No, it does rhyme with Bag. That's why when they mention the "CagBag" on the Cagcast, it sounds like CagBag and not GajBag. Then again, it doesn't sound like Gajcast either.

#78 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

That particular promotion ended months ago.

And not to talk anyone out of it or anything, but if you google "hitman absolution review leaked," it might change a few minds. I'll be waiting for the inevitable price cuts.

I searched for the review leak and glad I didn't pre order. Skyrim on ps3 has taught me never to pre order again no matter what the game is.

#79 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I searched for the review leak and glad I didn't pre order. Skyrim on ps3 has taught me never to pre order again no matter what the game is.

Read this (earlier post on this page):

If you're talking about the PC Gamer review, do NOT go by that. The reviewer clearly had an agenda or something, as the complaints in that review are very misleading. I urge any fan of the Hitman games to actually try the game for yourself or at the very least wait until an unbiased review comes out next week. There are plenty of people who have gotten the game early that are saying the PC Gamer review is wrong and overly harsh. If you liked Blood Money or any of the older Hitman games, this one is a step up.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

#80 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

All the deals in the ad:

:wii: & WiiU: Buy 1 Get 1 40% all Wii and WiiU games.

:3ds: Buy the 3DS for $169.99, get a $20 TRU gift card and a Super Mario Starter Kit for free.

Buy any 2 of the listed games for $40, valid for both :ds: and :3ds: versions of games shown:
:3ds: Angry Bird Trilogy
:ds::3ds: Adventure Time
:3ds: Hello Kitty Picnic
:3ds: Imagine Fashion Life
:3ds: Lego Batman 2
:3ds: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
:3ds: Monster 4x4 3D
:3ds: Rayman Origins
:3ds: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D
:3ds: Scribblenauts Unlimited
:3ds: Transformers Prime
:ds: Poptropica Adventures
:ds: Power Rangers Samurai

:wii: Power A Pro Pack Mini Plus Controller $23.99

Save $5 with your Skylanders Giants purchase of $24.99 or more.

There is a big 20% off coupon on the front page. It's not valid on video games and video game hardware. It could work for accessories.

Edited by LouieT, 18 November 2012 - 07:08 AM.
update on coupon, 2 for $40 sale

#81 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

The ad says that WiiU systems are only available for SYWR members.

The Sears ad says the same time, but with the black WiiU.

SYWR is still free to join, but what an odd restriction to put on a system that's just coming out.

#82 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

20% off good for Skylanders giants toys ??
"Evil is Funs"

#83 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

It should as long as its regular price. The coupon only excludes hardware and games, not accessories. I believe the figures are in the system as accessories.

#84 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Man, I have the Adventure Time CE preordered for $40. Decisions, decisions. I like the extras, but can get Scribblenauts for the same price.

#85 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I keep seeing deals for the 3DS, but nothing for the 3DS XL. Anyone found a deal for that lately?

#86 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I keep seeing deals for the 3DS, but nothing for the 3DS XL. Anyone found a deal for that lately?

Best Buy had it for $179.99 this past week, and Target will have it for $175 next week.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#87 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Wow after getting a Wii U I still would like to get 2 of those 3DS games. Shit my wife is going to be pissed.

#88 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

If your TRU is still open, you should just do the b1g1 50% off deal that ends today. That ends up being 25% off.

#89 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Hmm 2 for $40 is a good deal but I already had the AT CE paid off with GS credit and nearest TRU is 25 minutes away...pass for me but thanks OP.

#90 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

That's a good deal for Scribblenauts Unlimited, too bad there's not another $40 game to pair with it. Though one of the $30 games like AT or Rayman Origins might be worth it just not as sweet of a deal.