Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/18/12 to 11/21/12) Wii U Sales at Toys R Us & Target

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#91 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

That's a good deal for Scribblenauts Unlimited, too bad there's not another $40 game to pair with it. Though one of the $30 games like AT or Rayman Origins might be worth it just not as sweet of a deal.

I would imagine that you could just get two copies of scribblenauts and return one for $20.

#92 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

I guess I'm in for:

NSMBU and ZombiU for $96
Adventure Time and Scribblenauts for $40

Not bad! Thanks OP!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#93 agentos

agentos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

*sigh* I'm not sure anymore if I should get a 3DS XL next week from BBY (PMing Target's $175 deal) and use a $50-$75 RZ certificate on it or if I should just wait for a price drop since I'm not dissatisfied with my 3DS right now...:-k

Sorry to disappoint you, but best buy is not price matching anything advertising Sunday-Saturday of Black Friday week. Click here for details. I just picked one up at $180 last week and traded in a few games. I was about to go and price adjustment my $180 purchase, but alas not this time.

#94 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

I guess I'm in for:

NSMBU and ZombiU for $96
Adventure Time and Scribblenauts for $40

Not bad! Thanks OP!

That is what i was gonna do mario for me zombi u for my bro. But i'll just wait for other two since i know someone who's getting scribblenauts i'd either borrow it from him or get it on steam during a steam sale ^_^

#95 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

I really want Adventure Time but none of the others seem good. Im getting Scribblenauts for the Wii U so I dunno if its worth it to get it for the 3DS. I guess I could just get it or a 2nd adventure time and trade it in.

#96 skullflame

skullflame

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

I would imagine that you could just get two copies of scribblenauts and return one for $20.

I was reading the return policy and they will only refund you a partial refund so it's like paying full MSRP on the unreturned item.

#97 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I really want Adventure Time but none of the others seem good. Im getting Scribblenauts for the Wii U so I dunno if its worth it to get it for the 3DS. I guess I could just get it or a 2nd adventure time and trade it in.

Keep in mind Adventure Time MSRP is $30, not $40; still a good deal but less so compared to other games like Scribblenauts.

Those are the two I'll be getting. Wonder if the deal applies for the DS version of AT, or just 3DS.
76561197996844513.png

#98 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

It's for both versions. I just listed what was in the ad, but the listing said on top that it was valid on :ds: and :3ds: versions of games shown.

Other than Adventure Time, which games have both version?

#99 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, but best buy is not price matching anything advertising Sunday-Saturday of Black Friday week. Click here for details. I just picked one up at $180 last week and traded in a few games. I was about to go and price adjustment my $180 purchase, but alas not this time.

Well then, I'll take that as a sign that I should wait for the next XL sale. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#100 cain1k

cain1k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Personally my issue is my kids mom wants the pink 3DS XL Target has on their site but it seems to be an odd thing going on. The only thing I can't figure out is why no one else has it on their site, even if it is limited edition.
Posted Image

The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

#101 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Trade in value not worth much for a profit even with 100% bonus. Oh well. the Rayman Origins deal is good but already have it for the PS3.

#102 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

When does this start? Is the Wii U "buy 1 get 1 40%" going to work online? I've checked back on their site a couple of times tonight, no luck.
Only trust people who like big butts, for they cannot lie.

#103 ozmaticon

ozmaticon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Will a $10 and a $15 coupon print with a Wii U game, then? If so - do they stack?

#104 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Best Buy had it for $179.99 this past week, and Target will have it for $175 next week.

Thanks, Vigilante.

#105 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I hate buying games on release day at my Kmart. First off nobody is ever working electronics and second of all they never stick the newly released games on the shelf. Somebody always has to grab it from the backroom. I'm hoping to grab some Wii U games today from here and know both of these issues will most likely happen

#106 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just got back from TRU and have some great news: the 20% off coupon on the front of the ad WILL work on accessories. I picked up a black pro controller for $39.99 after the discount was applied. Also, be on the lookout for the Flingsmash bundle with the motion plus wiimote - I got it for $14.99 when paired with Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed in the buy 1 get 1 40% off sale. Now to pickup Mario, a black nunchuck, and the system when Best Buy opens!
\\:D/

#107 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

OK, the BB ad says the extra 50% trade-in value starts today, but according to the BB website, the 100% trade-in value is still going on this week. Can anyone verify/clarify this?

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#108 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

OK, the BB ad says the extra 50% trade-in value starts today, but according to the BB website, the 100% trade-in value is still going on this week. Can anyone verify/clarify this?

I just noticed that myself.

#109 Sleeping Lion

Sleeping Lion

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

It's not an amazing deal for that 3DS XL, but I've waited long enough.

Getting that blue one ASAP.

#110 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Some target stores may have had extra wii-u consoles, but people were lined up at the door prior to 7am. So if anyone didn't preorder there may still be a chance.

#111 chronojin

chronojin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just left best buy and can confirm 100% trade in bonus is still in effect.

#112 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Wait so this b1g1 50% off only takes away $9.99?
Seems like most of my posts recently have been questions. Sorry in advance
Edit: I got it nvm

#113 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

This thread doesnt have the fact that you get a free PS3 bluray remote with purchase of the ACIII bundle. I had no clue till I saw the ad in store and I price matched my earlier purchase from a few weeks ago
Posted Image

#114 Jerseyleoal

Jerseyleoal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

The ad says that WiiU systems are only available for SYWR members.

The Sears ad says the same time, but with the black WiiU.

SYWR is still free to join, but what an odd restriction to put on a system that's just coming out.

That can't be true. I literally just left Kmart and saw someone without SYWR purchase a WiiU. The guy in front of me in line bought one, and the cashier asked him if he had one and said no but still rang him up.

#115 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I was able to price match TRU B1 get 40% sale at Best Buy without a hitch. Just had to ask an associate. Of course, YMMV.

#116 extracredit

extracredit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Anyone wanting to pick up ZombiU for theWii U on the 40% sale might be out of luck. Haven't verified it 100% but looks like ToysRus will not be carrying this violent title. Wtf. Lol

#117 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Anyone wanting to pick up ZombiU for theWii U on the 40% sale might be out of luck. Haven't verified it 100% but looks like ToysRus will not be carrying this violent title. Wtf. Lol

They def have it..

#118 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

My tru has zombiu.

#119 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Picked up Mario U and Tank Tank Tank. Used the 20% coupon on a pro controller as well. I was going to get Tekken Tag 2 instead of TTT, but my TRU didn't have it. Oh well. I think I can wait on other games to drop in price down the line.

#120 slayerxD

slayerxD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

So for the trade in, if I trade in Black Ops II do I get The $40 trade in AND the 100%? Or is it only one or the other?