The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#331 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

anyone know what the hell king and cole was screaming LOOK OUT LOOK OUT for when they went off the air last night they acted like the entire arena was coming crashing down

Falling ratings perhaps?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#332 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Man been out of the loop and didn't realize Cesaro had a new theme. Kicks the crap out of Engerlund and I like it more than Invader. Doesn't hurt that the hook is Dean Malenko's Ice Man theme.

#333 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Remember how there was talk of bringing back past talent to help bolster the mid-card?

Two names surfaced as being rumored:
Spoiler

#334 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Ambrose looks like he got shot.

Spoiler

#335 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I picture the first one laughing and hanging up the phone.

#336 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ambrose looks like he got shot.

Spoiler

That looks like Giant Ryback is rising up from behind the stage and throwing ladders towards the ring.
Posted Image

#337 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'll admit I didn't appreciate Candido in his prime as much as I should have, watching his matches in hindsight.

I don't feel that way, at all, about Al Snow though.

For a Halloween, I was Al Snow. I think I have that Polaroid somewhere. Needless to say, I have a little bias towards Al Snow.

Remember how there was talk of bringing back past talent to help bolster the mid-card?

Two names surfaced as being rumored:

Spoiler

Heavyweight title for the first or he's better off in Japan. Same for the second. Makes me angry to think of how WWE chose to not fulfill their potential. First dude could have been a megastar.

#338 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

They just have to look at Matt Bloom to have a strong argument against returning.

#339 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

They just have to look at Matt Bloom to have a strong argument against returning.

Bloom was always going to be DOA, though. Even beyond the 'hey, it's Albert!' stuff, he still had an awful new gimmick and a terrible look. It's fucked up, yeah, but I can't take the guy seriously. He looks like Humpty Dumpty to me. Weirdly, the body hair actually somehow made it better.

The two others, I assume, would come in likely similar to their original gimmicks and wouldn't be saddled with any embarrassing (again, it's Albert!) baggage.

That said, it still may be a 'personal happiness' mistake to come back, but they have way more upside and potential in a return than Bloom ever did.

#340 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Man been out of the loop and didn't realize Cesaro had a new theme. Kicks the crap out of Engerlund and I like it more than Invader. Doesn't hurt that the hook is Dean Malenko's Ice Man theme.

It's more like Malenko's "tiny 007" WWF theme.
Posted Image

#341 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

For a Halloween, I was Al Snow. I think I have that Polaroid somewhere. Needless to say, I have a little bias towards Al Snow.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I think I was him when I was in 6th or 7th grade, early 2000's, after the Head Cheese era*. Good times.

*Thanks Wiki!

#342 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

It would be smart if they brought back the two rumored return wrestlers with Shield, and instead of having a gimmick their angle would basically be them being pissed off about how misused they were.

#343 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I thought that was what Virgil does for 10 bucks....

Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be.
Posted Image

#344 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

That spot leading into the finish was breathtaking.

#345 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

This TLC main event match makes ZERO sense to me.

Kane, DB and Ryback against The Shield? They have had Ryback eating hometown talent (and company jobbers) for months. Teaming him with Kane and DB makes his character look weak. (FYI I HATE RYBACK but just saying)

If The Shield doesn't win this then they will lose all credibility as a threat to anyone. Here's hoping WWE doesn't pull a Nexus 2.0

Cesaro is my new favorite wrestler. They are doing everything right with this guy, which amazes me.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#346 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Cesaro and Ambrose are the only two reasons I'm paying attention to this shit at this point, although it looks like the Usos may be transforming into Fat Samoan Tag Team so they may be added to the list soon. Love me some Fat Samoan Tag Teams.

Not a Kofi fan really, but he's had some pretty fun matches with a variety of people in the last couple of months.

Current guys that literally make me stop watching the show: Sheamus, Ryback, Primo/Epico, anything midget related, & Ziggler promos.
Posted Image

#347 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I didn't get Cesaro at first, but I really dig his style and poise.

I don't get why he's a heel (okay, okay, "HE'S NOT AMERICAN" is a tried and true formula for heels for over a century, but keep that in mind the next time WWE trots out some "shades of grey" character tropes).
Posted Image

#348 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

AC got some modest applause when he beat Kofi on Raw yesterday. The only reasons to hate him are he's non-American (how you doin', Sheamus? Santino?) and a polyglot. He produces some good wrestling so it's kinda hard to boo that. In the meantime, I will enjoy the ride because the E has a tendency to destroy things I like about their product.

#349 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Well, his in-ring work doesn't convey him as a heel, that's what's confusing about it to me. He doesn't cheat, and he wins matches cleanly (and his power offense is incredibly enjoyable to watch, something he did not appear to have had in ROH).

Kinda funny that he's really come into his own - shows WWE does things right sometimes. Think of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they "broke up" the Kings of Wrestling. Half that equation turned out to be good, and the guy's name isn't half bad.

Kassius Ohno, on the other hand...jury's still out on that one. I'll grant that "Chris Hero" sounds generic and indie as all get-out, but Kassius Ohno reinforces the "WWE Dartboard™" theory of naming conventions.
Posted Image

#350 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Kassius Ohno, on the other hand...jury's still out on that one. I'll grant that "Chris Hero" sounds generic and indie as all get-out, but Kassius Ohno reinforces the "WWE Dartboard™" theory of naming conventions.

I believe I read somewhere (in response to people bitching about it) that he said he got to pick his own name and chose Kassius Ohno all on his own.

I'm too lazy to look up a resource, and that's purely from the memory bank.... so it could be wrong. ;)

#351 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm pretty confident I recall hearing that as well and I would love to see what Hero's shortlist of names looked like if Ohno was the name he selected.

#352 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wow. Man, I suddenly can't remember what Steve Austin's name suggestions were prior to "Stone Cold." There was something along the lines of "Tasty McFreeze," but I can't recall now.
Posted Image

#353 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Imagine a Wrestlemania headlined by Chilly McFreeze (or Ice Dagger) vs. Flex Kavana. That'll put asses in the seats.

#354 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

This is the meaning someone posted back in May on another forum:

Meaning - Kassius = Cassius, which is the name Muhammad Ali was born with. Ohno is a play on Sonny Onoo. K.O are the initials for the Young Knockout Kid and is what he's known for doing.

ach.png

#355 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Wow. Man, I suddenly can't remember what Steve Austin's name suggestions were prior to "Stone Cold." There was something along the lines of "Tasty McFreeze," but I can't recall now.

He talks about it on one of his documentaries, but I can't remember them now either.

I shudder to think if he had stuck with "The Ringmaster."

#356 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Kassius Ohno is an anagram for, "Ooh, Anus-Kiss!"

#357 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

does anyone really expect cena to win... if cena wins wouldnt he be forced to move to smackdown mostly leaving no major A players on monday
WOOOO I STINK

#358 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

does anyone really expect cena to win... if cena wins wouldnt he be forced to move to smackdown mostly leaving no major A players on monday

The roster split hasn't been in effect for a long time now. Ziggler's primarily on RAW, yet he's holding the World Heavyweight Championship MITB.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#359 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

They can just force Punk to go to Smackdown instead.

#360 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I have to give major kudos to Cesaro and Kofi for not botching that spot. I've seen better wrestlers unable to pull off simpler moves.

This is gonna sound dumb but the major reason I'm no longer interested in WWE is that it seems too real to me, with not enough reality. It's almost the opposite of "it's still real to me!"

The recurring storyline is that Undertaker is anything but an omnipotent zombie, but they still insist on the carny aspects of his character. Triple H really *was* with Stephanie the whole time. No matter how hated or liked he is, Cena will always be the main face on the card. The Rock is better than wrestling and even WWE seems to agree. No matter how awful and immobile he gets, Rey Mysterio is still one of the best high flyers in the world. I feel like all of this would be hard to swallow even if I was a kid.