Photo
- - - - -

The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#481 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Better than when I had to go to the BBB to get my 2011 DVD set a few months after I ordered it. WWE caved and sent it to me for free.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#482 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Got my order of two shirts from last Saturday on Friday.

#483 Chase

Chase

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

That was a little too far, my friend.

Methinks they'll have to change up Big E.'s Rasta-inspired outfit. Not that it wouldn't be okay to boo someone for believing in Jah - but the colors, at the least, bring up reminders of the Nation of Domination.

I do have to say the idea of a heel manager debuting a new charge to come in and dominate the top babyface is pro wrestling booking 101. And it's done so rarely in the way it was done last night that I felt like a kid again watching that segment. Good pro wrestling isn't hard.

My apologies. <bow>

I dig how they're promoting NXT talent to RAW. Wonder when we'll get Hero. Kings of Wrestling reunion pending. Maybe not as allies but as opponents.

#484 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

The shirt I ordered from WWEShop on Black Friday arrived today, three and a half weeks later.

At least you got yours, mine is still mother fucking process pending. :bomb:

#485 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Is Stone Cold doing drugs now?

#486 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I don't remember if this has been posted before but, hey, it's only a week until Christmas.

This is the same guy who had a raging bitch fit because I posted this like 2 weeks ago (after it had already been posted on the previous page) and the mods here deleted my post telling neo to eat a dick because he was being a jerk about it. This sarcasm is delicious.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#487 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

This is the same guy who had a raging bitch fit because I posted this like 2 weeks ago (after it had already been posted on the previous page) and the mods here deleted my post telling neo to eat a dick because he was being a jerk about it. This sarcasm is delicious.

I had no idea what you were referring to so I checked on it. This is what I quoted from you and my response to it.

Stone Cold ET video

See post #151.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If that's your idea of "a raging bitch fit" and "being a jerk" then you have some serious social interaction issues. I never saw your alleged post that was deleted but if it was in any way similar in tone to how you describe my post than it being deleted would be fully justified. Also, if you had taken 3 seconds to read the sentence before the video you would have realized that I didn't recall if the video had been posted or not. I've heard of nursing grudges but this is ridiculous.

Oh, and by the way, the term you're attempting to use should be "irony", not "sarcasm". Crack a dictionary, son.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#488 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Anyone watching the live Smackdown? It looks lie they took Cara's pyro and "mood lighting" away from him. Poor guy.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#489 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Sin Cara was a waste of money altogether, let alone his pyro.

#490 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sin Cara mood lighting was used on Monday Night Raw during his match with Cody. It's weird when he loses and blue lights are on.

#491 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Smackdown has to cut costs so they can sign the hottest free agent in sports entertainment, complete with inflatable entrance tunnel and pyro.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#492 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

SO has anyone picked up Firepro on Xbox now that its on sale? I'm on the fence... does it get better than the demo?

edit: I know it will never be as good as Firepro Returns.

#493 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

No way. There's one on Front. 3/4 mile away, two turns. I may go tomorrow and see if it's there.

Would you buy it? Because that would be the funniest thing ever.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#494 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Would you buy it? Because that would be the funniest thing ever.

If the price was low enough i would. The things that could be done with a Ric Flair Slammy would definitely bring in the lulz.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#495 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

My apologies. <bow>

Thanks - the internet has a lot of things, but could certainly use more courtesy. I appreciate it.

As for the slammy, yeah, for the right price ($150-200) I'd pick it up. I have a couple hundo in disposable income set aside for my next tattoo work, but I'd be willing to put it off for a slammy.
Posted Image

#496 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

You'd have to take it around everywhere and pose for pictures with it. Of course, actually posing with it in a picture with Flair would be so awesome it would rip a hole in the fabric of space.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#497 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

SO has anyone picked up Firepro on Xbox now that its on sale? I'm on the fence... does it get better than the demo?

edit: I know it will never be as good as Firepro Returns.

"Definitely not Fire Pro" is the correct mindset to have for XBLA Fire Pro. None of the ultra deep customization is there thanks to it being an avatar based game and the game mechanics are watered down at best. It's an OK "quick minute to burn" game on its own merits, but it doesn't do anything positive to try to call it a Fire Pro game.

#498 Chase

Chase

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks - the internet has a lot of things, but could certainly use more courtesy. I appreciate it.

Indeed, sir. I was in sort of a pack mentality joking about Mark Sanchez, and the next thing I know I bring that into this thread. 'Twas a bit out-of-character for me.

Smackdown has to cut costs so they can sign the hottest free agent in sports entertainment, complete with inflatable entrance tunnel and pyro.

Ain't gonna lie: I'd mark if I see a return of the moon bounce.

#499 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

I'd love to see strong-style MVP vs. Antonio Cesaro.

Seriously, I'm fucking astonished with how much more I like Cesaro even compared to his body of work in ROH. Are there any cases of someone moving up to WWE and *improving* in their work? He's an anomaly as far as I can tell.
Posted Image

#500 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Quite the anomaly as he has risen up without much fanfare and the initial big push alot of other recent wrestlers have (Sheamus, Ryback, Nexus et. al). If he ever turns face, I am going to mark like my age was a single digit if he busts out the UFO. Let's face it there is no pulling that out in the WWE without a major pop.

Edited by ced, 20 December 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#501 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

It appears THQ didn't make it and is selling off their assets and filing for bankruptcy. So does everyone think EA ends up with the WWE license or will someone else step up?

#502 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

At the very least they went out publishing the strongest Yukes WWE game in quite some time. It will be interesting to see if the next publisher with the license retains Yukes or takes it a new direction.

#503 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

It appears THQ didn't make it and is selling off their assets and filing for bankruptcy. So does everyone think EA ends up with the WWE license or will someone else step up?

You really need to stop reading the headlines and read the entire articles on this stuff. THQ has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, but are already being heavily invested in by Clearlake Capital Group. They are not closing their doors, but are in fact continuing to work on current and upcoming projects. Here ia a link to the community message from Jason Rubin, their President.
http://www.thq.com/u...tm_campaign=THQ
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#504 Chase

Chase

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Are there any cases of someone moving up to WWE and *improving* in their work? He's an anomaly as far as I can tell.

If we count the women, maybe Kelly Kelly. However, at her best, she's still pretty awful. Eve has been quite good. Dunno if it's an improvement because I didn't really pay any prior attention to her. As for the dudes, I'm unsure. Maybe someone like Elijah Burke who began in OVW, and, after getting put on the main roster, had good matches with AKI Man, CM Punk, and those stuck in WWE's half-ass version of ECW.

. . . UFO . . .

<o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/

And as for THQ's impending demise, I hope WWE takes away the license from Yuke's (if they have the license). We need a new engine. I have nothing but negative things to say about the Toukon Retsuden engine. I have WWE 13, and while it's an improvement, the engine is still garbage. Just my opinion, tho.

#505 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Probably watch it tonight.

http://movies.netfli...2?trkid=2361637

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#506 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Probably watch it tonight.

http://movies.netfli...2?trkid=2361637

Heya, thanks for the heads-up. I don't know when they added it, but the Top 50 Finishers of All-Time or whatever it's called is on there as well.

EDIT: Looks like they also added the Rock/Cena Once in a Lifetime one.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#507 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

And as for THQ's impending demise, I hope WWE takes away the license from Yuke's (if they have the license). We need a new engine. I have nothing but negative things to say about the Toukon Retsuden engine. I have WWE 13, and while it's an improvement, the engine is still garbage. Just my opinion, tho.

IIRC, THQ's license was some weird agreement between them & Jakks Pacific. Which caused some lawsuit that eventually ended with THQ getting the game license directly from WWE until 2018.

There is some license agreements that have weird clauses in it(it mostly happens with foreign companies licensing). Where if the company files for bankruptcy, the license reverts back to the original holder(WWE). So WWE might be able to get it back easily and be the deciding factor on who gets the license next.

#508 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

What if Shane McMahon were the leader of Aces & Eights?

#509 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

IIRC, THQ's license was some weird agreement between them & Jakks Pacific. Which caused some lawsuit that eventually ended with THQ getting the game license directly from WWE until 2018.

There is some license agreements that have weird clauses in it(it mostly happens with foreign companies licensing). Where if the company files for bankruptcy, the license reverts back to the original holder(WWE). So WWE might be able to get it back easily and be the deciding factor on who gets the license next.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for THQ losing the licence. THQ is going to remain in business for at least long enough to get WWE '14 out the door, and WWE likely won't want to rock the boat. One of the bigger issues is that WWE '13 didn't tank... I don't have numbers, but I want to say it may have been the most successful one in a while. If it had shit the bed, WWE might have looked for an out... but why leave at a peak? The other problem is that WWE, especially with their current financials, isn't stupid. They're greedy enough to stick with THQ if the other option is to take a different deal with a company that, let's be fair, won't have a game out until fall 2014 at best. They'd basically skip an entire year of easy revenue, which I wager they won't do unless they're forced to.

Short version: THQ will be around long enough to release at least '14, and WWE won't go anywhere until they're forced to because they like money.

#510 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

THQ could always sell the liscense like they did with UFC. I am not sure what the numbers difference was between the sales of the Undisputed series the WWE series compared to how much spent for the rights, but I can see THQ selling off if somebody was willing to pay up. Maybe EA could snap it up and tweak the engine used in Def Jam Vendetta or Def Jam Fight for NY.