The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']Seth Rollins is Tyler Black but who are the other two FKA?[/QUOTE]

Ambrose is Jon Moxley, and the other guy is a Samoan, Roman Leakee, Rosey's brother and Sika's son.

Was a little excited because I thought Comacho was Roman Leakee, but I got the wrong Samoan. Donny Marlow is still saddled with that bike-beaner gimmick.

Bringing this over from the other thread re: Attitude Era DVD

There is no blurring of the WWF “scratch” logo present on the DVD footage, nor muting of any WWF utterances.

The only ‘bleeps’ present are for swear words that had already been censored on broadcast TV originally. A couple of crowd signs are blurred (due to copyright or sensitivity), but language, middle fingers, and blood are all left intact throughout.

doc is one hour or so and moves quickly, the rest of the 8 hours are matches/segments. Apparently Russo is interviewed.

also, best of WCW Nitro details:

For six years WCW Monday Nitro went head-to-head with WWE Raw pulling out all the stops to gain the upper hand in the escalating Monday Night War. The place “where the big boys play” produced such a wealth of non-stop thrills action drama and controversy that we could not possibly scratch the surface in one volume. Host Diamond Dallas Page returns to present Volume 2 of the wildly successful Best of WCW Nitro series. Sports entertainment fans will relive eight more hours of the poisonous n.W.o, electrifying cruiserweights and unparalleled star power that delivered an endless supply of timeless matches and moments. All the greatest WCW stars are included such as Ric Flair Hulk Hogan Sting Kevin Nash Rey Mysterio Eric Bischoff Goldberg and more. Plus check out the Nitro Girls Nitro parties, WCW’s spring break bashes, celebrity integration, and several matches never-before-released on DVD

To be fair, WCW never really put out any DVD's (only VHS), so aside from volume 1 and a few compilations, most matches have never been on DVD.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Shit, I remember being an 8 year old obsessed with what was inside that egg. I'm still not sure what the fuck it was.[/QUOTE]

Most people thought it was going to be Dibiase's mystery partner inside the egg at the time. Part of me kind of wishes it was and they combined the two gimmicks. Huge guy in all black with a turkey head emerges from the egg, then dances with Mean Gene before tombstoning him.

--------

Interested to how Ambrose does now that he has been moved up. One of the few indy darlings I'm legitimately excited to see on a big stage.

Chuck Norris, Ray Combs, Jerry Lawler's 3 knights, Doink, Dink, Pink, and (twink? ;)) - the "thanksgiving night tradition" is historically a bevvy of wrestlecrap.

Not sure that they'll capitalize on these guys going after Ryback. Remember how amped you were about the NXT revolt that led to D.Brine's firing for the necktie chokehold? Remember how you felt 4 weeks later when John Cena, recently fired, showed up on Raw wearing kneepads under his jeanshorts?

Yeah, that's the quality of work I anticipate from WWE at this point.

Yep. At this point I expect the WWE to have Goldbe... I mean Ryback squash all these guys at the next PPV and will be quickly forgotten about five minutes later.

The news about the Attitude era collection is good news. Same with the Nitro volume 2 one. I'll probably get both although I'll need to check the match listing for the Attitude one, it might be tons of stuff that I already have elsewhere.

[quote name='mitch079']A turd(ucken).[/QUOTE]

z205099164.gif

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Ambrose is Jon Moxley, and the other guy is a Samoan, Roman Leakee, Rosey's brother and Sika's son.[/QUOTE]

OK...who is Jon Moxley? :lol:

EDIT: Never mind, just did a little research on him. He hasn't been anywhere I've ever followed except a little DGUSA.

It's 2012, and the Survivor Series card included CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Tyler Black, and Jon Moxley. Weird.

Throwing this into this new ark because we went through several years of garbage and it's hopefully time to rejoice,

[quote name='Chase']Thank you, Linda McMahon, for losing your second senate bid, ya fucking Big Bird bitch.[/QUOTE]

And because it's quite possibly the last time in the foreseeable future where I'll reference the Linda McMahon senate failures.

[quote name='JJSP']It's 2012, and the Survivor Series card included CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Tyler Black, and Jon Moxley. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Cue the "this confirms 2012 is the end of the world" posts.

I truly hope this is the beginning of a page turn for WWE. Like most people who frequent these threads, I've been a lifelong wrasslin fan, want to like WWE's product, and have every desire to see wrasslin for adults and not kids.

Not that I want HLA or another necrophilia angle, but damn it, enough "you are poopy"-and-"maybe he'll ask Jim Neidhart if he can take her out on a date"-level commentary, promos, and angles. I am a grown-ass man and this shit is embarrassing.

[quote name='Chase']Not that I want HLA or another necrophilia angle[/QUOTE]

Not wanting your children to watch it ≠ "adult."

Late night Cinemax ≠ adult.

I just want a product that respects the audience and respects itself. Which is not only about writing, but more importantly about production.

[quote name='Chase']

I truly hope this is the beginning of a page turn for WWE. Like most people who frequent these threads, I've been a lifelong wrasslin fan, want to like WWE's product, and have every desire to see wrasslin for adults and not kids.
[/QUOTE]

Any and every good thing WWE had going for itself in the last 10 years they have completely destroyed. This is the realization I have come to that made me finally stop watching their product. They find a way to ruin everything and I dont see that changing any time soon. As long as they are a publicly traded stock and only care about being a mainstream product to make as much easy money as possible, wrestling fans are screwed.

right-o. After last night, we're Charlie Brown and WWE is holding the football for us.

Whether or not we believe we're going to be allowed to kick it is up to you.

WWE's website has a new article up on NXT Champion Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns - the men who attacked Ryback in the main event of WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Here's what they wrote about each man:

Seth Rollins: "Seth Rollins is the first ever WWE NXT Champion, having won a tournament to crown the inaugural titleholder. This native of Davenport, Iowa, came into NXT with a sterling reputation from his work on the independent circuit and immediately made an impact in WWE’s developmental system. Perhaps the word best used to describe Rollins would be “chaotic.” His in-ring style is calculated, yet frantic. Employing a combination of high-risk maneuvers and devastating strikes, Rollins’ offense is spectacular and elicits show-closing ovations."

Roman Reigns: "Like his fellow WWE NXT standouts, Roman Reigns is a fierce competitor and an exceptional athlete. Inside the ring, Reigns is a heavy hitter, and he is just as aggressive outside the ring. The powerhouse always acts with a sense of purpose, depicting power and commanding respect. Put simply, Roman Reigns views himself as the most valuable commodity in NXT."

Dean Ambrose: "Dean Ambrose is every bit as effective as Rollins, but there's something slightly off about this dangerous competitor. From the moment he marched onto the scene, WWE NXT fans were unable to take their eyes off Ambrose. Fearless, wild and always unpredictable, the iconoclast more than lived up to his reputation as a world-class competitor and infamous troublemaker."

"In October last year, Ambrose created quite a stir when WWE champion CM Punk appeared at NXT for an autograph signing. Ambrose decided to verbally assault Punk on the microphone, resulting in a raucous and unforgettable scene when The Straight Edge Savior challenged Ambrose that evening. The 30-minute showdown between the two physical competitors blew away the lucky fans who witnessed it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKIelxvb8w

With today being the official one year mark of Punk holding the belt, I feel like tonight would be the perfect time to introduce the new title.

[quote name='Chase']I truly hope this is the beginning of a page turn for WWE.[/QUOTE]
Come on, you know that isn't happening. It'll be neat to have some fresh guys cutting promos about how the company sucks and all that, but this time 2 months from now it'll be on to more important stuff like Rock's 3 month visit and The Game cerebrally assassinating Brock Lesnar.

Just from that description of Rollins I fear that he's going to get Kofi Kingston levels of "controlled frenzy!!" out of Cole.

[quote name='Scorch']With today being the official one year mark of Punk holding the belt, I feel like tonight would be the perfect time to introduce the new title.[/QUOTE]

Long overdue, but probably won't happen.

It seems Colt Cabana suffered a mysterious and rapid infection in one of his fingers that requiered surgery, even after being admitted to the hospital and being put on IV antibiotics. Pic below, but not for the squeemish.

Are you SURE you really want to see this?
A8F_1YsCAAAnkK_.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']Not wanting your children to watch it ≠ "adult."

Late night Cinemax ≠ adult.

I just want a product that respects the audience and respects itself. Which is not only about writing, but more importantly about production.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree, sir.

[quote name='musha666']Any and every good thing WWE had going for itself in the last 10 years they have completely destroyed. This is the realization I have come to that made me finally stop watching their product. They find a way to ruin everything and I dont see that changing any time soon. As long as they are a publicly traded stock and only care about being a mainstream product to make as much easy money as possible, wrestling fans are screwed.[/QUOTE]

WWE is like an abusive relationship. You want to believe that things will be better, but they most likely won't ever be anything but a soul-crushing beatdown.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Come on, you know that isn't happening. It'll be neat to have some fresh guys cutting promos about how the company sucks and all that, but this time 2 months from now it'll be on to more important stuff like Rock's 3 month visit and The Game cerebrally assassinating Brock Lesnar.[/QUOTE]

B-but Obama got his second term. Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can. Yes we can? Yes... Um. fuck, you're right.

[quote name='Genocidal']The complaint is always no link to the new thread in the old, which there was: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10168608&postcount=503[/QUOTE]

Yup, PFH represented.

[quote name='Spyder187']It seems Colt Cabana suffered a mysterious and rapid infection in one of his fingers that requiered surgery, even after being admitted to the hospital and being put on IV antibiotics. Pic below, but not for the squeemish.

Are you SURE you really want to see this?
A8F_1YsCAAAnkK_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

He's not kidding, it's really gross.

LMAO when Cena sprained his ankle. He should've have just stayed in the ring and make out with AJ some more, I know I would've.

Edit: that's a pretty nasty staph infection on colt cabanas finger

Heh. Fun fact, his brother Dr. Paul Farmer is a somewhat famous anthropologist who spoke at my freshman fall convocation about the book he wrote.

Watching RAW, live, for the first time in a while. The wife/mom in this Kmart commercial is pretty hot.

Saw parts of the ADR-Orton best-of-three(?)-falls match. Seems pretty decent. Bears-49ers has my focus, though, so I've been missing a lot of the show.

And they're starting a Miz face turn, eh? Been saying he should be one of the top faces for a while.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've seen that video at least four or five times, and that opening "Yep" never fails to induce a belly laugh.[/QUOTE]

Easily the best part.

Yep.

I would enjoy Ryback getting powerbombed through the table becoming the new "Zack Ryder gets thrown out of his wheelchair." Just every single week ends with his misfortune.

Fell asleep just before the Sheamus/Sandow match. Woke up as Heyman was in the ring. Now watching Hulk Hogan Vs. Kawada in a Fire ProWrestling G league match. Infinitely more entertained than I was during most of Raw.

Also more entertaining than Raw; The Ugly Truth, the movie that aired right after it.

I liked Raw. There was big emphasis on actual wrestling tonight. Kofi/Barrett was a damn fine mid-card match and Cesaro/Clay was pretty decent if only for Cesaro's beautiful diving European uppercut and his amazing display of strength in getting Clay up for his finisher. Cena got hurt which kind of sucked because it looked like he was putting over Ziggler. And they put over Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns over Ryback again.

I think Truth is wasted on the US belt though. That spot should surely have been Clay's who the company could really money with if they came up with ways to his character more badass while keeping the Funkasaurus gimmick. Personally I think adopting a more Human Tornado move set would go a great deal in getting Clay over.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I fell asleep right as Punk and Heyman were walking down the ramp. What happened after that?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing.

I literally skimmed through the whole entire Raw in 30 minutes. Just was not entertaining one bit.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']El Generico is teasing a jump to WWE on his facebook page. I'll believe it when I see it.[/QUOTE]

He'll be converted to "Already in the Ring" Thomas McDuffy. Bet.

My Fantasy is that they keep the El Generico gimmick, but they wait until the day that Rey retires to introduce him. Vinny Mac will come out and go "You want luchadores? Here's you stupid luchadores". Then Brodus or Ryback and beat him in 10 seconds.

I can't wait 'til Vince McMahon dies. Then Triple H. Then their female tyrant child that will breed with Sheamus. Etc. Etc.

Just getting around to watching Survivor Series and I see DB yelling it out with Lesnar fan it looked like. That guy annoys me.

I'm a fan of jobbing out Ryback to establish Moxley, Black, and guy. However, we all know this ends with Ryback beating them in a three-on-one handicap match.

[quote name='ced']He'll be converted to "Already in the Ring" Thomas McDuffy. Bet.[/QUOTE]

My money is on "Thurmann 'Sparky' Plugg."

...they what? Really? Over a decade and a half ago? Tag team champion?

You gotta be fuckin' *kidding* me?

I was a fan of the era where they didn't pay the lower card folks enough so they all had second jobs.

The 'E could never book El Generico in anything even remotely as interesting as his previous angle with Steen. Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to Final Battle next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back