- - - - -

The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#511 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

THQ could always sell the liscense like they did with UFC. I am not sure what the numbers difference was between the sales of the Undisputed series the WWE series compared to how much spent for the rights, but I can see THQ selling off if somebody was willing to pay up. Maybe EA could snap it up and tweak the engine used in Def Jam Vendetta or Def Jam Fight for NY.

Yes, but UFC was a series of hugely diminishing returns for them. WWE, second likely to only Saint's Row, is one of very few 'money' properties for them. They sold UFC because it was failing for them, which is not a problem they have with WWE. Seriously, I think each UFC game sold like half as much as the previous one.

#512 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, but UFC was a series of hugely diminishing returns for them. WWE, second likely to only Saint's Row, is one of very few 'money' properties for them. They sold UFC because it was failing for them, which is not a problem they have with WWE. Seriously, I think each UFC game sold like half as much as the previous one.

Your post got me interested in sales numbers for the UFC games, so I looked them up on vgchartz. I know it isn't extremely accurate, but it is about the only option.

UFC 2009 Undisputed: 1.97M (360) 1.70M (PS3)
UFC Undisputed 2010: 1.25M (360) 1.33M (PS3)
UFC Undisputed 3: 0.63M (360) 0.69M (PS3)

You were definitely right. I knew the sales were going downhill but I didn't remember them tanking that much. It kind of falls in line with how the UFC games were for me. I played the crap out of the first one, regretted buying the second one, and never bought the third one.

As for WWE 13, according to the same source, both the 360 and PS3 versions have each sold around 600,000 copies so far. Those numbers seem lower than I expected, as I thought this year's game was selling well. It is obviously still pretty early on in its life cycle, but looking at the previous few wrestling games, it would probably do well to get to one million (already sold about as well as last UFC game).
Posted Image

#513 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Dang. The Shield fucked up Dreamer. (spoilered for pic size)

#514 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

That's a pretty bothersome amount of swelling.
Posted Image

#515 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wrestlemania Plans

Spoiler

Big E Langston Info

Spoiler

McMahon Prepares For Media Backlash

Spoiler

JBL receives hate mail

Spoiler

#516 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Tommy got pretty messed up for a worked beatdown.

#517 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I thought thats what he looked like normally?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#518 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Pretty sure he doesn't look like the dude from Mask on a regular basis.

#519 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

What if Shane McMahon were the leader of Aces & Eights?

You just set my expectations really high. It'll wind up being Garrett Bischoff. He already gets X-Pac heat.

#KayfabeNeverDie

#520 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

WWE is going to make a play for THQ.

Spoiler

#521 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

WWE Games couldn't be worse than WWE Films guys, right? ....right?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#522 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

WWE is going to make a play for THQ.

Spoiler

Actually that reads more like they're a creditor in the proceeding. Perhaps past due licensing fees?

#523 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Flip a coin, could go either way.

Hope they don't open up a games division. WWE Crush Hour 2!
Posted Image

#524 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

@demun_ragin and the cBz along with ChoiceBoyzRic is going after Newjack and Rocco B. from mega64.

#525 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I don't know what any of those words mean.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#526 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Quit twitterin' Ahmed Johnson!

#527 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

@demun_ragin and the cBz along with ChoiceBoyzRic is going after Newjack and Rocco B. from mega64.

I am sorry. I have only mastered the English language. Twitter speak is something even i can not decipher.... Can you please explain what in the blue hell that shit means?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#528 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

THQ owes WWE $45 million as one of their largest unsecured creditors according to a report by Bloomberg. As noted on Wednesday, WWE announced they will be “actively participating” in THQ’s bankruptcy proceedings.

Zen Davis was totally wrong up there. WWE isn't trying to buy THQ.

#529 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Zen Davis

:rofl: :applause:

#530 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Ahh Zen Davis, How we miss you so....

Rumor has it that Gargus won the 1st Annual Zen Davis Memorial Cup recently, but as of yet nobody has been able to confirm this.
Posted Image

#531 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Ha, they're an unsecured creditor? Hope they're ready to take a $45 million loss...

#532 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Right. How foolish were they to take that deal?
Posted Image

#533 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Wouldn't be the first time they sunk their money into a loser. How ya doin', Linda? *waves*

#534 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

"What a maneuver!!!!"
Posted Image

#535 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

:lol: at the last several replies

This week, I've been listening/catching-up with select episodes of Art of Wrestling during my workouts. So... Pre-implants Lita was a stripper. We're talking about before she was Miss Congeniality in ECW. Interesting to hear such honesty. From what I remember hearing, a long time ago, during her ECW career she was quite the "ring rat." But who knows or cares if that's true, right?

And the 100th episode, where CM Punk hosts, is quite funny.

#536 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Right. How foolish were they to take that deal?

It's likely that they didn't take a deal per se, it's more likely the poor decision they made was to defer licensing payments. By default any person who you owe money to can be a creditor and any money they owe is unsecured, unless the lending agreement specifically outlines that they are receiving a security interest in your property. I would guess that $45 million is more than 1 year worth of licensing agreement fees though so the potentially smarter move for WWE (now that they're likely out all the money) would have been to file suit for breach of contract when the fees were first late and potentially seek rescission of the licensing agreement. Of course, that's all 20/20 hindsight for WWE but still, I'm surprised they let the debt get that big considering we've pretty much known the condition THQ has been in for at least a year now...

6 figures in student loan debt for a law degree, gotta use it on something, even if it just internet message board posts. Ah, student loan debt... unsecured but almost never dischargeable in bankruptcy... Fuck, I'm drinking some more...

#537 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

6 figures in student loan debt for a law degree, gotta use it on something, even if it just internet message board posts. Ah, student loan debt... unsecured but almost never dischargeable in bankruptcy... Fuck, I'm drinking some more...

It may vary by state but most student loans are only dischargeable by death. Usually that's one of the questions on the "Exit Exam" you have to take if you use financial aid of any kind. I take it you didn't find a law job after law school?

#538 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

It may vary by state but most student loans are only dischargeable by death. Usually that's one of the questions on the "Exit Exam" you have to take if you use financial aid of any kind. I take it you didn't find a law job after law school?

I have one semester left. Yeah, death is one way to discharge student loan debt (although it's not really technically discharged at that point...) but it can also be discharged if you can show undue hardship. That's really tough to prove though and rarely happens. Student loans and bankruptcy are under federal law also by the way. A state court wouldn't have any say in a bankruptcy proceeding, Congress has given exclusive jurisdiction to federal courts for bankruptcy.

#539 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

I have one semester left. Yeah, death is one way to discharge student loan debt (although it's not really technically discharged at that point...) but it can also be discharged if you can show undue hardship. That's really tough to prove though and rarely happens. Student loans and bankruptcy are under federal law also by the way. A state court wouldn't have any say in a bankruptcy proceeding, Congress has given exclusive jurisdiction to federal courts for bankruptcy.

All you need to know about BK:

Spoiler

#540 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Killing this thread and putting an equally unlikeable thread in its stead.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335013
Posted Image