Photo
- - - - -

The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#31 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Watching RAW, live, for the first time in a while. The wife/mom in this Kmart commercial is pretty hot.

Saw parts of the ADR-Orton best-of-three(?)-falls match. Seems pretty decent. Bears-49ers has my focus, though, so I've been missing a lot of the show.

And they're starting a Miz face turn, eh? Been saying he should be one of the top faces for a while.

#32 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I've seen that video at least four or five times, and that opening "Yep" never fails to induce a belly laugh.

Easily the best part.

Yep.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#33 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

I would enjoy Ryback getting powerbombed through the table becoming the new "Zack Ryder gets thrown out of his wheelchair." Just every single week ends with his misfortune.

#34 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Fell asleep just before the Sheamus/Sandow match. Woke up as Heyman was in the ring. Now watching Hulk Hogan Vs. Kawada in a Fire ProWrestling G league match. Infinitely more entertained than I was during most of Raw.

Also more entertaining than Raw; The Ugly Truth, the movie that aired right after it.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#35 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

I liked Raw. There was big emphasis on actual wrestling tonight. Kofi/Barrett was a damn fine mid-card match and Cesaro/Clay was pretty decent if only for Cesaro's beautiful diving European uppercut and his amazing display of strength in getting Clay up for his finisher. Cena got hurt which kind of sucked because it looked like he was putting over Ziggler. And they put over Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns over Ryback again.

I think Truth is wasted on the US belt though. That spot should surely have been Clay's who the company could really money with if they came up with ways to his character more badass while keeping the Funkasaurus gimmick. Personally I think adopting a more Human Tornado move set would go a great deal in getting Clay over.

#36 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I fell asleep right as Punk and Heyman were walking down the ramp. What happened after that?

#37 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

El Generico is teasing a jump to WWE on his facebook page. I'll believe it when I see it.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#38 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I fell asleep right as Punk and Heyman were walking down the ramp. What happened after that?

Absolutely nothing.

I literally skimmed through the whole entire Raw in 30 minutes. Just was not entertaining one bit.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#39 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

El Generico is teasing a jump to WWE on his facebook page. I'll believe it when I see it.

He'll be converted to "Already in the Ring" Thomas McDuffy. Bet.

#40 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

My Fantasy is that they keep the El Generico gimmick, but they wait until the day that Rey retires to introduce him. Vinny Mac will come out and go "You want luchadores? Here's you stupid luchadores". Then Brodus or Ryback and beat him in 10 seconds.

#41 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Oh Vince, quit hijacking Habbler's account.

#42 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I can't wait 'til Vince McMahon dies. Then Triple H. Then their female tyrant child that will breed with Sheamus. Etc. Etc.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#43 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Just getting around to watching Survivor Series and I see DB yelling it out with Lesnar fan it looked like. That guy annoys me.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#44 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm a fan of jobbing out Ryback to establish Moxley, Black, and guy. However, we all know this ends with Ryback beating them in a three-on-one handicap match.

#45 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

He'll be converted to "Already in the Ring" Thomas McDuffy. Bet.

My money is on "Thurmann 'Sparky' Plugg."

...they what? Really? Over a decade and a half ago? Tag team champion?

You gotta be fuckin' *kidding* me?
Posted Image

#46 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I was a fan of the era where they didn't pay the lower card folks enough so they all had second jobs.

#47 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Attitude era dvd came out today right? Stopped by my local BB and they didnt have it yet.

#48 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

The 'E could never book El Generico in anything even remotely as interesting as his previous angle with Steen. Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to Final Battle next month.

35bb9lx.gif

#49 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

The 'E could never book El Generico in anything even remotely as interesting as his previous angle with Steen. Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to Final Battle next month.

You and me both. The card from top to bottom looks fantastic and will easily be worth $15 to order. That even includes Jerry Lynn's final ROH match which is against...
Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#50 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

You and me both. The card from top to bottom looks fantastic and will easily be worth $15 to order. That even includes Jerry Lynn's final ROH match which is against...

Spoiler

Is that Maria with the Prodigy dude?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#51 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Is that Maria with the Prodigy dude?

Yes it is, and adding that as well as Strong vs Elgin to a good card already I might spend the 15 on this.

#52 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

In an odd twist of fate, ROH has been more difficult to follow since they got on tv. I would love to get back into watching them.

WWE signed El Generico? Only by accident. If so, they signed someone sight unseen because he has internet buzz around him. Sorry, his physique is the antithesis of what WWE wants, even in the "post-HGH" era. The moment he takes his shirt off around Vince McMahon he'll be shitcanned along with the person that hired him.

Can we stop deluding ourselves about what the WWE is like or will do? They'll fucking ruin El Generico in every way possible.
Posted Image

#53 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

In an odd twist of fate, ROH has been more difficult to follow since they got on tv. I would love to get back into watching them.

Yeah. When they first got a TV deal I tried to make an honest effort to watch, but as the weeks passed I kept missing more and more shows until I completely lost track.

Last thing I remember was that Jimmy Jacobs started calling himself "The Zombie Princess".

#54 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Honestly until I saw they had the iPPV in RI a few months ago I never knew we got RoH here, ever since then I haven't missed an episode and I think right now wrestling wise it is the best hour on TV. I am trying to get the wrestling fans at work into this company because all they know is the WWE.

#55 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

WWE signed El Generico?

I think it's still speculation at this point.

35bb9lx.gif

#56 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

With Generico I think the IWC at large would love to see him get a WWE payday yet loathe the nigh-inevitable gimmick burial and swift release that awaits him.

#57 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

The highlight of the Attitude Era documentary: *immediately* following a video segment featuring Big Boss Man driving a police car carrying Big Show's dead father's casket on a trailer hitch (and Big Show leaping on top of the moving casket), the narrator, with no irony, says that Raw began to pull away from WCW in the ratings due to "its superior storytelling."

yow.
Posted Image

#58 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#59 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!