The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#61 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

You can order a DVD or Blu Ray of the first House of Hardcore (Tommy Dreamer's promotion) now, $20 for the DVD, $25 for the blu.. very tempted.

http://www.rfvideo.c...hkeepsieny.aspx

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

And that my friends is your current ROH head booker also playing the role of the company's Don West.

New sig coming soon.

#63 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

And that my friends is your current ROH head booker also playing the role of the company's Don West.

After seeing that and now knowing that, the IWC shits on WWE while holding that type of product up makes sense how?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#64 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

It was corny, but nowhere near, say, Shitswoggle or a John Cena promo.

#65 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

After seeing that and now knowing that, the IWC shits on WWE while holding that type of product up makes sense how?

:-s A 30 second online video pushing a sale versus storylines and promos that make it on to a major cable channel week after week? Come on now.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#66 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

WWEShop has a pretty big sale going on now, with an additional 20% off and free shipping on top of any sale prices. Nothing jumped out to me personally in the blu-ray/dvd offerings, but someone elses may findd something they like.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#67 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

WWEShop has a pretty big sale going on now, with an additional 20% off and free shipping on top of any sale prices. Nothing jumped out to me personally in the blu-ray/dvd offerings, but someone elses may findd something they like.

Coupon code doesn't work, but that's the best price that Best of Raw 2010 has ever been. That freakin' blu has never dropped in price.

Posted Image

#68 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

WWE marks say some pretty stupid shit, but...god damn...

#69 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks a lot. I picked up the Raw 15th Anniversary set and the Smackdown 10th Anniversary set for just under $12 shipped. Hopefully they package them better than the last time I ordered. I got a couple of the Survivor Series sets awhile back and they got crushed in the mail.

Coupon code doesn't work, but that's the best price that Best of Raw 2010 has ever been. That freakin' blu has never dropped in price.

The code worked fine for me.

#70 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

The code is case-sensitive, it didn't work for me with lowercase bf but worked when I changed it to BF.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#71 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

WWE marks say some pretty stupid shit, but...god damn...

I was being sarcastic because of the unhappiness I have read in places over that guy being the head booker. Also, I am NOWHERE near being a WWE "mark" in any way. I think I stopped being a "mark" for anything when I turned 16. However, if, and that is a strong if, I was going to be accused of being a mark for any current day wrasslin company, it would have to be TNA, mainly over the past 6 months due to how they are really working on turning their shit around.
Posted Image

#72 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Little help here lads...

I've hit up TNA, ROH and WWE for cheap sales, is there anywhere else left?

SmartMark just had a 25% off sale, so I'm thinking no BF sale from them. I was unimpressed with the 40% off SELECT items at Highspots (but the 50% off best of 2012 on Monday looks nice) and I've heard nothing from RF video as of yet.

The DGUSA sale is not bad, but I only need a couple of DVDs from them, so the shipping would kill the deal for me, so I'm hoping to grab what I need from Highspots on Monday.

Am I missing any sales? I'm looking for some later Shimmer DVDs (but I don't want to grab the $100 pack on Sunday from Highspots as I have 4 of them already)

I always use BF to catch up on my wrestling DVDs and I would hate to miss out on a possible bargain.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#73 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I don't use this word lightly, but if this is true then Linda McMahon is a worthless fucking cunt:
http://freakoutnatio...m-youre-screwed

#74 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't use this word lightly, but if this is true then Linda McMahon is a worthless fucking cunt:

X-Pac heat?
Posted Image

#75 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

http://connecticut.c...ortedly-bounce/

The info is still alleged, but here's the thing: the person making the claim isn't doing so anonymously, which lends some credibility to me. Because by outing the campaign, he's effectively making sure he's never going to work on another political campaign again.
Posted Image

#76 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Campaign staffer Twaine Don Gomes was reportedly among the first to make the matter of the bad checks public knowledge through local news media

If someone could ever use a taste of the WWE talent name generator......
Posted Image

#77 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Linda and Vince were made for each other.

#78 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

X-Pac heat?

Big Bird Heat. X-Pac didn't kill his career in a shoot.

#79 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

If someone could ever use a taste of the WWE talent name generator......

Woah, I think that exact name was third on my list for El Generico's FCW/NXT name.
Posted Image

#80 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Saw this on Reddit. Caught me by surprise. I thought the McMahons were at least people. Apparently, I'm wrong. That is absolutely disgusting and straight-up criminal.

Big Bird Heat. X-Pac didn't kill his career in a shoot.

Big Bird heat. I love it. :applause:

Woah, I think that exact name was third on my list for El Generico's FCW/NXT name.

I'm thinking they'll name him something Hispanic. "Well, he bounces around like a Mexican, he must be Mexican" logic by Vince. My autocorrect for Google Chrome says "his panic." Maybe "Matthis Panic" if not "Los dos Burritos."

#81 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

I actually like Matthis Panic...

#82 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

I picked up the $25 WWE 13 from Amazon. I'm hoping that if it doesn't have the Tyson code in it that it won't have a different UPC. The plan is to take that copy back to Walmart with my release day receipt and get back my $64.

#83 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I watched Impact on my DVR yesterday, after not really truly following any programs in some time.

Eric Young has become *really* impressive in the ring. Really crisp work, a confidence that I hadn't noticed in the past.

There are a lot of generic "oh boy another white dude with tribal tattoos" guys on the show - perhaps a bit too much of the gut check stuff? Introducing too many new people on one program, and guys who look far too much alike? But at least there's potential there. WWE guys are established as boring top card guys or boring jobbers. Can't make me interested in R-Truth, or Sin Cara. They're boring. Prime Time Players have impressed me, but the Colon brothers are boring, etc etc. WWE just isn't doing it for me. TNA has the potential, perhaps they'll actually use it.

Just wanted to comment that I noticed a huge improvement in Eric Young that I didn't notice in the past (maybe he's been really good all along and I couldn't get past his homeless hipster look?). I'm not a huge fan of TNA, but I kinda want to start watching more regularly now that they seem to be getting away from "evil general manager/owner" stuff that they (and all pro wrestling) had beaten to death over thepast 15 years or more.
Posted Image

#84 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

A fun fact that I'm probably the last to learn: Raven has an action figure for WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW.

#85 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

A fun fact that I'm probably the last to learn: Raven has an action figure for WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW.

Not that he ever would, but if Big Show ever jumped ship he could also join that list...and by winning the TNA title he'd be the only guy in history to hold every world title from the "major promotions" in the United States.

Man, WWE really dropped the ball with Raven (and Rhyno for that matter). So much potential there. Too bad he's in bad shape (from what I hear) or else he'd be great in a feud with Punk.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#86 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Raven and Punk had a feud in ROH. I never saw any of it but it sounds good.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#87 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I watched Impact on my DVR yesterday, after not really truly following any programs in some time.

Eric Young has become *really* impressive in the ring. Really crisp work, a confidence that I hadn't noticed in the past.

There are a lot of generic "oh boy another white dude with tribal tattoos" guys on the show - perhaps a bit too much of the gut check stuff? Introducing too many new people on one program, and guys who look far too much alike? But at least there's potential there. WWE guys are established as boring top card guys or boring jobbers. Can't make me interested in R-Truth, or Sin Cara. They're boring. Prime Time Players have impressed me, but the Colon brothers are boring, etc etc. WWE just isn't doing it for me. TNA has the potential, perhaps they'll actually use it.

Just wanted to comment that I noticed a huge improvement in Eric Young that I didn't notice in the past (maybe he's been really good all along and I couldn't get past his homeless hipster look?). I'm not a huge fan of TNA, but I kinda want to start watching more regularly now that they seem to be getting away from "evil general manager/owner" stuff that they (and all pro wrestling) had beaten to death over thepast 15 years or more.

I thought the same thing of EY. I always hated him but this week he looked great in the ring. Looks like he will be off tv awhile longer after the angle they ran with him though.

They usually dont have so many new faces on one show, this was just a special Gut Check episode to show off the winners of it. I still dont know how that tribal tattoo guy got a job.

You missed out on a great summer of wrestling action that took place in TNA. Interesting story lines, good matches, and very little to make you embarrassed to be a fan of wrestling. The opposite of what WWE has been doing. I never thought I would give up on WWE but I have, thankfully TNA is stepping its game up so I can still watch wrestling.

#88 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

well, someone has to. i dvr Raw, Impact, and Smackdown. I usually delete them without watching, and tune in for a few minutes from time to time. Impact kinda held my interest for a bit, I have to say.
Posted Image

#89 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Man, WWE really dropped the ball with Raven (and Rhyno for that matter). So much potential there. Too bad he's in bad shape (from what I hear) or else he'd be great in a feud with Punk.

:drool:

Posted Image

#90 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Never knee there was an "original" Niccoli Volkoff in the 50's. Not to be confused with Beppo Mongol/please rise for the Russian National Anthem Nikolai Volkoff.

Punk wearing a Ferris Bueller outfit for the Chicago parade on Thursday was...kind of funny. I guess.