(DEAD) LOTR: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Extended Edition] $39.99

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Actually they are the extended versions. Says it right in the title of the item.

I'm referring to the person above me who said:

Amazon has the first two movies on blu ray for like $4/ea. But not the last one. .

The first two movies that are $3.96 each on the schedule are the Theatrical versions, not the extended versions.

#32 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Argghh,... I paid $50 for it last year.

#33 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Amazon will be matching this tommorow as a lightning deal from 8:20AM-12.20PM PST

#34 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I too ordered from Amazon the other day and got no digital codes.

I emailed WBShop asking them about it and they forwarded me to wbdigitalcopy.com, and to take it up with them.

I emailed them explaining everything, and about how the codes were extended a few years. Hopefully they send me my codes...
Posted Image

#35 BoilerUp

BoilerUp

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

How much extra does the entended edition have that the theatrical releases do not?

Basically, I think I'd like to have the extended editions but do not care a great deal about the special features. The Hobbit movie cash would be great though. Which is the endless routes of buying this is the best as of now? The target one of buying them individually?

Also, with the Hobbit coming out, wouldn't the price of these trilogy sets continue to do nothing but fall? Thinking you could get these trilogy extended editions for $20 if you waited a while longer. Is that off base?

#36 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

grabbing it tomorrow from amazon.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#37 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

I'd like to know as well. I read on Amazon's site that the codes expired back in June this year. Anyone buy the Best Buy box and get them?

I did a store pickup today at Best Buy and got neither digital copies OR Hobbit Cash. Not really a big deal personally, though I certainly would have taken either.

Also, with the Hobbit coming out, wouldn't the price of these trilogy sets continue to do nothing but fall? Thinking you could get these trilogy extended editions for $20 if you waited a while longer. Is that off base?

I mean it's certainly possible, who would have ever thought Alien Anthology would be sitting at $20. But it could also sit at $40-50 for a few years as well. It can be hard to say.

#38 BoilerUp

BoilerUp

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Yeah I bought the Alien set when it was $30 about a month ago and thought it was the steal of a lifetime! I haven't had time to watch any of them yet, and now I see its $20! Fuck!

#39 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

This extened ed. box set definitely do not come with movie cash for the hobbit. i was in best buy again today and their entire stack of these had not hobbit movie money. i even had an associate check the backroom/warehouse for any "newer" arrivals. none of those had hobbit money either.

so i decided to keep my walmart order for the $10 theatrical box set and movie money.

#40 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

This extened ed. box set definitely do not come with movie cash for the hobbit. i was in best buy again today and their entire stack of these had not hobbit movie money. i even had an associate check the backroom/warehouse for any "newer" arrivals. none of those had hobbit money either.

so i decided to keep my walmart order for the $10 theatrical box set and movie money.

$30 for the three separate extended movies at Target with 3 movie cash coupons isn't bad either, you know.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#41 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Okay this is a theory. Whenever a repackage occurs (steelbook, hmm, bonus or not) BBY has a different SKU and "release date"

See the top two:
http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

Pretty sure the 11-6 release has HMM and DC.
This was similar with the Madagascar 3 wig or rise of guardian hmm versions.

#42 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Okay this is a theory. Whenever a repackage occurs (steelbook, hmm, bonus or not) BBY has a different SKU and "release date"

See the top two:
http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

Pretty sure the 11-6 release has HMM and DC.
This was similar with the Madagascar 3 wig or rise of guardian hmm versions.

I noticed that too...as well as the ridiculous price tag.

If that edition DOES include digital copies, I'm going to be quite aggravated. The fact that between the last digital copy release prior to May 2012 and this "new" release, people bought that set, whether at full retail or Amazon/BBY deals, and got no extra.

I just finished emailing wbdigitalcopy.com's support team regarding the issue (they didn't have the option to ask a question about the entire set, so I had to choose each individual ExE movie and send different emails...).

Hopefully they're as helpful and eager to assist as BBY's Reward Zone customer service, for example. Not sure if they have their hands on the vouchers anywhere, or if they'll be clueless and unhelpful, but im hopeful. I really would like those digital copies.
Posted Image

#43 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks SSJ, was considering getting the extended trilogy on blu, but will pass since I already own the DVD extended editions. Instead I got the Theatrical Trilogy Blu set, which is still $12.00 before tax & shipping at Walmart.com.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#44 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I noticed that too...as well as the ridiculous price tag.

If that edition DOES include digital copies, I'm going to be quite aggravated. The fact that between the last digital copy release prior to May 2012 and this "new" release, people bought that set, whether at full retail or Amazon/BBY deals, and got no extra.

I just finished emailing wbdigitalcopy.com's support team regarding the issue (they didn't have the option to ask a question about the entire set, so I had to choose each individual ExE movie and send different emails...).

Hopefully they're as helpful and eager to assist as BBY's Reward Zone customer service, for example. Not sure if they have their hands on the vouchers anywhere, or if they'll be clueless and unhelpful, but im hopeful. I really would like those digital copies.

I doubt that first, more expensive SKU will have digital copies (just checked the one they gave me and it's the second). Usually, digital copies are limited to the first run as an incentive and don't come back during subsequent printings. The digital copies from the version you and I have aren't missing, they're simply not part of the deal. If you look at the original box, digital copies are clearly marketed as part of the package, not so on our sku:

http://images.blu-ra.../12237_back.jpg

You still may very well be able to get WB to give you digital copies, but if you do it will be out of the goodness of their heart, not because they owe you.

#45 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I doubt that first, more expensive SKU will have digital copies (just checked the one they gave me and it's the second). Usually, digital copies are limited to the first run as an incentive and don't come back during subsequent printings. The digital copies from the version you and I have aren't missing, they're simply not part of the deal. If you look at the original box, digital copies are clearly marketed as part of the package, not so on our sku:

http://images.blu-ra.../12237_back.jpg

You still may very well be able to get WB to give you digital copies, but if you do it will be out of the goodness of their heart, not because they owe you.

Oh I'm quite aware I'm not entitled to them. I'm just hoping playing the "clueless customer" card will help, especially since I worded my emails very politely.

But what you said about the first-run incentives: I bought the Taken bluray a few weeks ago when it was $9.99 at BBY, and it still had a digital copy in it. One that said it "may not be useable" past May 2011 of course, but still in there...AND it was the copy with Taken 2 moviecash.

I just think for a set like this that was $99.99 at most stores not even a week and a half ago (prior to all these pre-BF deals), should at least throw in the digital copies seeing as how expensive the set is.

Especially with how all these other movies are coming out in uber-combo packs for $19.99 or less on release (looking at you $20 Avengers 3D/Blu/DVD/DC/MP3 combo :D )
Posted Image

#46 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

But what you said about the first-run incentives: I bought the Taken bluray a few weeks ago when it was $9.99 at BBY, and it still had a digital copy in it. One that said it "may not be useable" past May 2011 of course, but still in there...AND it was the copy with Taken 2 moviecash.

I've had this happen too, but I think these are still just original run copies that haven't sold. I think they slap the movie cash stickers on unsold stock and send them on their way.

Either way, I'll be interested in seeing if you get digital copies. :D

#47 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Just picked up all 3 separate Extended Edition movies at Target for $30 + tax. Each one has $5 of movie cash, so that's like $15 for the extended trilogy since I'll be seeing the Hobbit in theaters.

-Paul Acevedo

#48 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I've had this happen too, but I think these are still just original run copies that haven't sold. I think they slap the movie cash stickers on unsold stock and send them on their way.

Either way, I'll be interested in seeing if you get digital copies. :D

Ill keep ya posted!
Posted Image

#49 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Dead?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#50 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Well this is the email I received back from them today about the digital copies request:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Warner Bros. Digital Copy offers. The Digital Copy offer is a limited time offer for DVD or Blu-Ray products purchased near its initial release date. The offer’s expiration date is specifically stated on (a) the outside packaging of your DVD or Blu-ray disc, (b) the insert, © the Digital Copy disc, and/or (d) the redemption site. Please note that sometimes one website will advertise as having a specific item, but that does not mean that another website will have the exact same item available.

In order to verify the validity of your Digital Copy offer, please respond with the following information:

•Please provide us with scanned copies of the front and back of the packaging so that we can confirm the details of your Digital Copy offer

Thank you for contacting Warner Bros. Customer Support.
-WB Digital Copy Support Team"

I took a couple photos on my phone and also included in the pics a slip of paper with my name and claims numbers on it. I'm hoping theyre not going to make me out as an idiot with a reply saying "as you can see there is no digital copy offer shown on the back of the packaging, yadda yadda yadda...", but rather them wanting these photos as proof of purchase in case they think im trying to scam them out of free codes.
Posted Image

#51 RedRose

RedRose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hello, I have a question what is Hobbit Movie cash?? Thank you.

Also Picked up this from amazon today :)

#52 bobbyblane

bobbyblane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Are the Target extended editions an older release? I've checked 2 stores now, and couldn't find them anywhere

#53 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Just picked up all 3 separate Extended Edition movies at Target for $30 + tax.

Me, too! :) I won't be opening them until after the holiday craziness just in case someone else happens to offer the real set for <$30.

Are the Target extended editions an older release? I've checked 2 stores now, and couldn't find them anywhere

They're most likely hiding in a display in the girl's clothing section. Seriously. They're in a cardboard "Beat The Rush!" display, but NOT the one in the electronics section. My store had the LOTR sets even facing inwards towards the clothes on the bottom row so the only people who will see them without prior knowledge are teenage girls and creepers.

Also: Picked up Cabin In The Woods BD on secret sale for $8 while I was there.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#54 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Well this is the email I received back from them today about the digital copies request:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Warner Bros. Digital Copy offers. The Digital Copy offer is a limited time offer for DVD or Blu-Ray products purchased near its initial release date. The offer’s expiration date is specifically stated on (a) the outside packaging of your DVD or Blu-ray disc, (b) the insert, © the Digital Copy disc, and/or (d) the redemption site. Please note that sometimes one website will advertise as having a specific item, but that does not mean that another website will have the exact same item available.

In order to verify the validity of your Digital Copy offer, please respond with the following information:

•Please provide us with scanned copies of the front and back of the packaging so that we can confirm the details of your Digital Copy offer

Thank you for contacting Warner Bros. Customer Support.
-WB Digital Copy Support Team"

I took a couple photos on my phone and also included in the pics a slip of paper with my name and claims numbers on it. I'm hoping theyre not going to make me out as an idiot with a reply saying "as you can see there is no digital copy offer shown on the back of the packaging, yadda yadda yadda...", but rather them wanting these photos as proof of purchase in case they think im trying to scam them out of free codes.

You should have explained you wanted codes on principle, not on actual merit. :D

But yeah, I think they actually are trying to see if you're entitled to the DCs. It seems that if they were just trying to validate ownership they would have asked for a scan of the receipt.

#55 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

They just came out, so it's possible all stocks don't have a full inventory of them yet.

#56 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Target 2 Disc Extended Edition will not be FOUND in Electronic Department. You only SPOT it around Clothes & Shoes Department with tons DVDs TV box set for $10 Each.
"Evil is Funs"

#57 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

$30 for the three separate extended movies at Target with 3 movie cash coupons isn't bad either, you know.

Wait wait wait.....whaaaaaa? I hadn't heard about this. Are you referring to the DVD's or Blu-rays? Because I've been watching for a sale on these: http://www.amazon.co...=I3D7NU0DUUQHBA

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#58 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

You should have explained you wanted codes on principle, not on actual merit. :D

But yeah, I think they actually are trying to see if you're entitled to the DCs. It seems that if they were just trying to validate ownership they would have asked for a scan of the receipt.

Haha..well I'm trying to stay courteous on all levels. I'm still hopeful though. Anxiously awaiting that email tomorrow haha.
Posted Image

#59 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Wait wait wait.....whaaaaaa? I hadn't heard about this. Are you referring to the DVD's or Blu-rays? Because I've been watching for a sale on these: http://www.amazon.co...=I3D7NU0DUUQHBA

Those are basically what you get in the box set. The Target ones are two disc bare-bones releases, just the extended movie and none of the special features.

So has anyone's order from BB shipped out yet? Mine has been stuck in the preparing phase since this morning, otherwise I would've cancelled and grabbed one with Amazon today.

#60 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

They're most likely hiding in a display in the girl's clothing section. Seriously. They're in a cardboard "Beat The Rush!" display, but NOT the one in the electronics section. My store had the LOTR sets even facing inwards towards the clothes on the bottom row so the only people who will see them without prior knowledge are teenage girls and creepers.

Also: Picked up Cabin In The Woods BD on secret sale for $8 while I was there.

Yep, exactly where I found them too. And sweet deal on Cabin the Woods. I really shouldn't have bought it on launch day as I've only watched it once since then... But it doesn't hurt to support such a great film, I suppose.

-Paul Acevedo