(DEAD) Amazing TV Show deals at FoxConnect.com

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I didn't even realize they re-did all the old Futurama volumes to match the new designs that started with Vol 5. I watched the show through Netflix and loved it, but at this price I may have to bite

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My OCD is annoyed, slightly. South Park (and several other shows) changed up their casing a couple of years back too going from cardboard cases to slimmer plastic packs and re-releasing everything in the thinner cases. Then of course Blu-ray releases makes you wonder "Why bother with DVD at all?" And then its like - Do I really want to own this physically as long as its streaming on something like Netflix?

I love the new designs so much, I already have all the volumes. The redesign just came out a couple weeks ago I think. I suggest buying them, they have commentary for EVERY episode, and sometimes they are even funnier than the episodes. They make fun of Fox and talk about which "finale" episode is everyone's favorites. Make fun of writers with degrees in writing and English, loads of fun.

Did the earlier releases of Vol 1-4 not have commentary? I don't know that I ever checked on mine. Amazon seems to indicate the older versions have commentary.

#32 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Did the earlier releases of Vol 1-4 not have commentary? I don't know that I ever checked on mine. Amazon seems to indicate the older versions have commentary.

They do.
Posted Image

#33 ghostman123

ghostman123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm also wondering how long this sale is. I only own Seasons 6 and 7 of Buffy (1-5 were all $30 or so) so I'd love to grab the other 5 for $30 + tax but can't spare it for a few days.

#34 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

My OCD is annoyed, slightly. South Park (and several other shows) changed up their casing a couple of years back too going from cardboard cases to slimmer plastic packs and re-releasing everything in the thinner cases. Then of course Blu-ray releases makes you wonder "Why bother with DVD at all?" And then its like - Do I really want to own this physically as long as its streaming on something like Netflix?

Ever since they released the new design with Vol 5, I've dreamed of them doing the same for the older releases so this was a nice surprise. Now I do wish they were on BD, but I'm not sure if there's any chance of that happening.

Even with Netflix, I do feel like there's some shows that are worth owning. I felt that way after watching this, as well as Avatar: The Last Airbender through Netflix. The commentaries certainly help justify the purchase too for me since it'll sort of be a new experience unlike what's available on Netflix.

#35 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Found my post from 2 years ago when Vol 5 came out. I've caught up on Futurama since :D

I really love the cover art for this. Reminds me of something Criterion would put out. Sadly I've never seen Futurama (don't stone me!) but I really want to.

This sounds like a really great deal. I wish Fox would release the older seasons with this art style

#36 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thanks, got Arrested Development 1-3 and Dollhouse S2.

#37 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

My point is that Futurama has commentaries that are worth the price alone and that you won't get through Netflix who could drop the show at any time.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#38 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Are the first two seasons of Louie worth picking up? I like Louie CK and heard a lot of good things about the show, but could never really get into and thought the pacing was really slow (admittedly only seen a few bits of the first couple of seasons). I did like the most recent season though. Had some funny moments and the plot was decent.
Posted Image

#39 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

I really like them. The episodes aren't really related to one another, though there's some recurring plots I guess. I watched it through Netflix, so if you have that you can check them out

#40 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Oh shoot--quick, people, I need your opinion: All seasons of The X-Files are $10.49 on Amazon right now. Should I buy the remaining seven seasons at that price (i.e., is that a good enough price point?)? I definitely have enough Amazon credit to cover it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#41 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

$10.49 is great price, cheapest I've seen it besides the ones on sale here

#42 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

$10.49 is great price, cheapest I've seen it besides the ones on sale here

Thanks, I placed the order.

I now own the entirety of The X-Files, my all-time favorite show after Breaking Bad.

I am content. \\:D/

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#43 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

two shows that Vince Gilligan plays a major part in producing :D

#44 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

two shows that Vince Gilligan plays a major part in producing :D

DUDE, I KNOW. Isn't that just weird and awesome?!

...I should probably go lie down for a bit. :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#45 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Erg, Simpsons seasons. I can only imagine that someday there will be a megaset on Blu but it might look awful on the early years. I only have S1 as it stands, to get a bunch of the great early years might be the way to go. Also might be in for S1, 2, and maybe 4 and 6 of Buffy as I have the rest.

I don't have any of the Simpsons seasons but I know they were at their best at Seasons 3-6 which I'll pick up of course.

#46 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Oh shoot--quick, people, I need your opinion: All seasons of The X-Files are $10.49 on Amazon right now. Should I buy the remaining seven seasons at that price (i.e., is that a good enough price point?)? I definitely have enough Amazon credit to cover it.

I remember when the seasons retailed for $100. Of course those were the bulky originals and they now gave slim packs, but still......thars like 90% off. Yah....its worth it. I got these on average for like $50-$60 years ago.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#47 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Just got shipping confirmation for my order from yesterday and it gave me a code for 10% next purchase. Code is SHOP10 (enter on cart page). I'm going to assume it's a generic code; don't know if it messes with free shipping or not. Enjoy!

#48 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Just got shipping confirmation for my order from yesterday and it gave me a code for 10% next purchase. Code is SHOP10 (enter on cart page). I'm going to assume it's a generic code; don't know if it messes with free shipping or not. Enjoy!

It's telling me SHOP10 is expired. They just sent it to you? That's fucked up. Thanks anyway though.

#49 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

It's telling me SHOP10 is expired. They just sent it to you? That's fucked up. Thanks anyway though.

Yep, came in the same email as my tracking number. Oh well, I didn't plan on picking anything else up anyway, just figured I'd throw it out there if anyone else had wanted to use it.

#50 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I'm getting a little suspicious here. I created an account yesterday to place my order, yet when I try to log in today it's telling me invalid log-in information( when i know it is in fact valid) Then when I click "Forgot Password" and type my e-mail, it says it isn't on file. To quote Cartman from the Pirate episode: The Fuck???

#51 ghostman123

ghostman123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Any chance this will go past Black Friday? Wouldn't be able to do anything until the weekend. Since it's online I'm kind of holding hope that they keep it until Cyber Monday.

#52 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

On their facebook page it goes on for awhile.

I'm thinking about getting "The Unit" and Stargate 1-8", it's such a great deal, but I want to save money.

Edited by bigdaddy, 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#53 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I picked up both seasons of Dollhouse on blu ray. I will say that the Futurama Volume 7 blu ray is only $25.99 on their site as well. It's only $4 cheaper than Amazon, but if you're going to be placing an order anyway, it would also get you free shipping by itself.

ssjmichael you should absoluetly buy Futurama 1-4 at that price. I owned all of the original releases and still bought the new versions for $15 apiece when they first came out. They look very nice on a shelf side by side, and the discs contain all the same material as the original releases. I've actually considered trying to get a print of all the cover art they've done as it would also make a great poster.

If you don't own volumes 1-4 on disc already, the commentaries alone make it worth picking up at this price. I listened to and loved every one of them. Rarely are they your typical "oh, hey this thing just happened on screen. Yeah, I remember that." type of commentary.

#54 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Any chance this will go past Black Friday? Wouldn't be able to do anything until the weekend. Since it's online I'm kind of holding hope that they keep it until Cyber Monday.

This is on their facebook...
https://www.facebook...&type=3

So it looks like it might run through Saturday because the Simpsons deal has been going for awhile. Then maybe new deals on Monday?

#55 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up on these awesome deals, OP! :D

I just ordered:
Bob's Burgers S1 DVD
Futurama V1-4 DVDs (I already have the original sets but I love the new cases!)
Simpsons S6-10 DVDs (to replace my beat-up pre-owned copies & lost S10)
Glee S2 Blu-Ray
Louie S1 & 2 Blu-Rays
Posted Image

#56 brodieman590

brodieman590

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm getting a little suspicious here. I created an account yesterday to place my order, yet when I try to log in today it's telling me invalid log-in information( when i know it is in fact valid) Then when I click "Forgot Password" and type my e-mail, it says it isn't on file. To quote Cartman from the Pirate episode: The Fuck???

I'm in the process of checking out now, and there's an option to check out as a guest. Maybe you clicked on that instead of register? That would probably explain it.

#57 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Anyone that ordered stuff, have you received it yet? I never got an email confirmation about my order and my account never seemed to activate, but my money via paypal was processed and taken out... Hoping they show up. I might give customer support a call tomorrow.

#58 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Anyone that ordered stuff, have you received it yet? I never got an email confirmation about my order and my account never seemed to activate, but my money via paypal was processed and taken out... Hoping they show up. I might give customer support a call tomorrow.

I haven't received my order yet, but I received an email confirmation. They sent it to my paypal email address instead of the email address I gave them.

#59 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

I haven't received my order yet, but I received an email confirmation. They sent it to my paypal email address instead of the email address I gave them.

Oh cool, I just found it in my junk folder on my paypal email. Now I'm a little less worried about it.

#60 raptor3076

raptor3076

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

got my stuff on the 23rd...very fast shipping