(DEAD) Amazing TV Show deals at FoxConnect.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Foxconnect.com has a ton of great deals on TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray. There's way too many to list and I haven't found them all yet, but Futurama volumes 1-5 are $7.99 each, some X-Files seasons are $5.99, and all seasons of Arrested Developement are $5.99 each. Shipping is free with a $25 or more purchase, otherwise I believe it starts at $3.70

Here's the list of all shows under $10:

http://www.foxconnect.com/tv-1.html?p=1&price=1%2C10

I'll be making a list of hot finds, but please feel free to post what you find! Everything is DVD unless otherwise listed

$5.99
American Dad Vol 1-7
Angel S1-5
Buffy S1-7
Arrested Development S1-3
Futurama movies [Blu-ray] - $4.99 (3.99 for the DVD)
M.A.S.H. seasons
Mary Tyler Moore seasons
Lie to Me S1-3
Prison Break S1-4 (also S1 on Blu)
X-Files Season One or Five

$7.99
Dollhouse S1-2 [Blu or DVD]
Family Guy Vol 1-9
Futurama Volumes 1-5
Glee S1-2
How I Met Your Mother seasons
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia seasons [Blu or DVD]
The League S1-2 [Blu or DVD]
Louie Season 1 or 2 [Blu or DVD]
The Simspons S1-9
Stargate Atlantis S1-5
Stargate SG-1 S1-9
Wilfred Season 1 [Blu or DVD]

$12.99

The Killing S1 [Blu]
Modern Family S1 [Blu]
The Simpsons S13

Last edited by a moderator:
:shock: Lie To Me Seasons 1-3 - $5.99

Season 3 will make for an epic Christmas present for my dad.

I wish so hard that more than S1 and S5 of X-Files were on sale. Oh well, I have to get started collecting them sometime, I might as well start now. ;)

Note that the cheapest shipping is Ground at $3.70 (at least for me with 3 items in my cart) and Expedited at $5.90. Still a good deal (~$7.20 each) for what I'm considering.\

I am going to go on record and say that I've spent more today on games/DVDs/Blu-rays than I initially intended at Best Buy, Amazon, and now FoxConnect, and this is the only purchase where I paid actual money thanks to the credit I've accumulated at Amazon and BBY, and that's thanks to the money-saving and credit-building tips offered here at CAG. I feel so giddy right now. :lol:

damn.........damn...damn

Dollhouse season 2 dvd.blu is also 7.99

ive spent way too much already but would like to get Dollhouse season 2 and seasons 1 and 2 of Louie...........

but looks like no free shipping..........there any codes anyone knows about? without free shipping I'm going to pass

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']damn.........damn...damn

Dollhouse season 2 dvd.blu is also 7.99
Other noticeables imo:

Simpsons seasons for 7.99
My Name is Earl seaons for 5.99
Prison break seaosn for 5.99

ive spent way too much already but would like to get Dollhouse season 2 and seasons 1 and 2 of Louie...........

but looks like no free shipping..........there any codes anyone knows about? without free shipping I'm going to pass[/QUOTE]There better not be any free shipping codes; I already placed my order. :lol:

I would pick up Simpsons Season 10, but I already have the "collectible" head DVD cases for seasons 6 through 9. It wouldn't feel right not to eventually get the Bart one. I ended up with Louie S2, Simpsons S13 and The Sandlot on Blu Ray.

Truly some of the best tv deals I've ever seen. Louie season 2 blu for $7.99? Yes please.

Thanks for this OP.

I didn't even realize they re-did all the old Futurama volumes to match the new designs that started with Vol 5. I watched the show through Netflix and loved it, but at this price I may have to bite

2282022-42505-20120516.jpg
2282024-42506-20120516.jpg
2282026-42507-20120516.jpg
2282028-42684-20121102.jpg
2271394-39775-20101005.jpg
2275247-41599-20121102.jpg
22812751-20120709.jpg

I checked earlier in the day because I heard the BF sale was supposed to start today, and the prices had rolled over, but even though the pics of the items showed Blu-Ray, they were listed in my cart a DVD.

Happily now everything is fixed, so I grabbed Always Sunny 6, Wilfred 1, Dollhouse 2 and Louie 2 for $32 shipped.

Cheers op!

Hmm all the seasons of Buffy are on sale as well. $42 for all seven seasons...between this and Best Buy's sale I'm already spending more then I had planned to on Black Friday!

[quote name='ssjmichael']I didn't even realize they re-did all the old Futurama volumes to match the new designs that started with Vol 5. I watched the show through Netflix and loved it, but at this price I may have to bite

22812751-20120709.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love the new designs so much, I already have all the volumes. The redesign just came out a couple weeks ago I think. I suggest buying them, they have commentary for EVERY episode, and sometimes they are even funnier than the episodes. They make fun of Fox and talk about which "finale" episode is everyone's favorites. Make fun of writers with degrees in writing and English, loads of fun.

I made a list of all the DVDs i want... It would be $300 between BB, Amazon and this sale. Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, FNL, Psych, Community, White Collar, Archer, Burn Notice, Reba, Mash, Raising Hope.

I think I need to pick and choose. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love the new designs so much, I already have all the volumes. The redesign just came out a couple weeks ago I think. I suggest buying them, they have commentary for EVERY episode, and sometimes they are even funnier than the episodes. They make fun of Fox and talk about which "finale" episode is everyone's favorites. Make fun of writers with degrees in writing and English, loads of fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The commentaries sound great, and I love that it's for all the episodes. I'll definitely pick up a few of them.

Erg, Simpsons seasons. I can only imagine that someday there will be a megaset on Blu but it might look awful on the early years. I only have S1 as it stands, to get a bunch of the great early years might be the way to go. Also might be in for S1, 2, and maybe 4 and 6 of Buffy as I have the rest.

Ooh, that Modern Family Season 1 blu is so tempting, but the shipping is holding me back. If only they had season 2 at that price too.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it is. I had to manually search for it though. Awesome.

Thanks OP. Got seasons 1-6 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and season 5 of HIMYM for $48 with free shipping. Over $400 spent the past 3 days on movies and TV shows. Ouch.

Wow... thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for the league s3 discounted for the past month.

Ended up with Prison Break, Louie S1 S2, Wilfred S1, League S3 all blurays for only 55 bucks. Very nice!

[quote name='Steggy']Wow... thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for the league s3 discounted for the past month.

Ended up with Prison Break, Louie S1 S2, Wilfred S1, League S3 all blurays for only 55 bucks. Very nice![/QUOTE]

I'm going to try and get Best Buy to PM Louie S1 and 2. I do think they PM online retailers for the holidays.

[quote name='kyrhon']I'm going to try and get Best Buy to PM Louie S1 and 2. I do think they PM online retailers for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Only select online retailers though so YMMV...

Picked up Wilfred S1 on Blu-Ray. Hard to beat $11 shipped.

[quote name='4tygames']Only select online retailers though so YMMV...

Picked up Wilfred S1 on Blu-Ray. Hard to beat $11 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Oh shoot. It's only select online retailers? Aw man. Well, might as well try. I'll give you guys an update in case anyone wanted to PM at BB as well!

[quote name='4tygames']Only select online retailers though so YMMV...

Picked up Wilfred S1 on Blu-Ray. Hard to beat $11 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Wilfred is $8 at BBY, btw.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I didn't even realize they re-did all the old Futurama volumes to match the new designs that started with Vol 5. I watched the show through Netflix and loved it, but at this price I may have to bite

22812751-20120709.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My OCD is annoyed, slightly. South Park (and several other shows) changed up their casing a couple of years back too going from cardboard cases to slimmer plastic packs and re-releasing everything in the thinner cases. Then of course Blu-ray releases makes you wonder "Why bother with DVD at all?" And then its like - Do I really want to own this physically as long as its streaming on something like Netflix?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love the new designs so much, I already have all the volumes. The redesign just came out a couple weeks ago I think. I suggest buying them, they have commentary for EVERY episode, and sometimes they are even funnier than the episodes. They make fun of Fox and talk about which "finale" episode is everyone's favorites. Make fun of writers with degrees in writing and English, loads of fun.[/QUOTE]

Did the earlier releases of Vol 1-4 not have commentary? I don't know that I ever checked on mine. Amazon seems to indicate the older versions have commentary.

[quote name='kodave']Did the earlier releases of Vol 1-4 not have commentary? I don't know that I ever checked on mine. Amazon seems to indicate the older versions have commentary.[/QUOTE]

They do.

I'm also wondering how long this sale is. I only own Seasons 6 and 7 of Buffy (1-5 were all $30 or so) so I'd love to grab the other 5 for $30 + tax but can't spare it for a few days.

[quote name='kodave']My OCD is annoyed, slightly. South Park (and several other shows) changed up their casing a couple of years back too going from cardboard cases to slimmer plastic packs and re-releasing everything in the thinner cases. Then of course Blu-ray releases makes you wonder "Why bother with DVD at all?" And then its like - Do I really want to own this physically as long as its streaming on something like Netflix?

Did the earlier releases of Vol 1-4 not have commentary? I don't know that I ever checked on mine. Amazon seems to indicate the older versions have commentary.[/QUOTE]

Ever since they released the new design with Vol 5, I've dreamed of them doing the same for the older releases so this was a nice surprise. Now I do wish they were on BD, but I'm not sure if there's any chance of that happening.

Even with Netflix, I do feel like there's some shows that are worth owning. I felt that way after watching this, as well as Avatar: The Last Airbender through Netflix. The commentaries certainly help justify the purchase too for me since it'll sort of be a new experience unlike what's available on Netflix.

Found my post from 2 years ago when Vol 5 came out. I've caught up on Futurama since :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']I really love the cover art for this. Reminds me of something Criterion would put out. Sadly I've never seen Futurama (don't stone me!) but I really want to.

This sounds like a really great deal. I wish Fox would release the older seasons with this art style[/QUOTE]

My point is that Futurama has commentaries that are worth the price alone and that you won't get through Netflix who could drop the show at any time.

Are the first two seasons of Louie worth picking up? I like Louie CK and heard a lot of good things about the show, but could never really get into and thought the pacing was really slow (admittedly only seen a few bits of the first couple of seasons). I did like the most recent season though. Had some funny moments and the plot was decent.

I really like them. The episodes aren't really related to one another, though there's some recurring plots I guess. I watched it through Netflix, so if you have that you can check them out

Oh shoot--quick, people, I need your opinion: All seasons of The X-Files are $10.49 on Amazon right now. Should I buy the remaining seven seasons at that price (i.e., is that a good enough price point?)? I definitely have enough Amazon credit to cover it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']$10.49 is great price, cheapest I've seen it besides the ones on sale here[/QUOTE]Thanks, I placed the order.

I now own the entirety of The X-Files, my all-time favorite show after Breaking Bad.

I am content. \\:D/

[quote name='ssjmichael']two shows that Vince Gilligan plays a major part in producing :D[/QUOTE]DUDE, I KNOW. Isn't that just weird and awesome?!

...I should probably go lie down for a bit. :bouncy:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Erg, Simpsons seasons. I can only imagine that someday there will be a megaset on Blu but it might look awful on the early years. I only have S1 as it stands, to get a bunch of the great early years might be the way to go. Also might be in for S1, 2, and maybe 4 and 6 of Buffy as I have the rest.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any of the Simpsons seasons but I know they were at their best at Seasons 3-6 which I'll pick up of course.

[quote name='Vigilante']Oh shoot--quick, people, I need your opinion: All seasons of The X-Files are $10.49 on Amazon right now. Should I buy the remaining seven seasons at that price (i.e., is that a good enough price point?)? I definitely have enough Amazon credit to cover it.[/QUOTE]

I remember when the seasons retailed for $100. Of course those were the bulky originals and they now gave slim packs, but still......thars like 90% off. Yah....its worth it. I got these on average for like $50-$60 years ago.

Just got shipping confirmation for my order from yesterday and it gave me a code for 10% next purchase. Code is SHOP10 (enter on cart page). I'm going to assume it's a generic code; don't know if it messes with free shipping or not. Enjoy!

[quote name='JediJames2']Just got shipping confirmation for my order from yesterday and it gave me a code for 10% next purchase. Code is SHOP10 (enter on cart page). I'm going to assume it's a generic code; don't know if it messes with free shipping or not. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

It's telling me SHOP10 is expired. They just sent it to you? That's fucked up. Thanks anyway though.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It's telling me SHOP10 is expired. They just sent it to you? That's fucked up. Thanks anyway though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, came in the same email as my tracking number. Oh well, I didn't plan on picking anything else up anyway, just figured I'd throw it out there if anyone else had wanted to use it.

bread's done
Back