Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#31 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Mass Effect 3 down to $6 already, while ME2 is $5. Ugh. Oh well, new thread!

#32 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Can someone help me out? After seeing the gamestop ad, that 360 Holiday Bundle looks too good to pass up. My only question is "has anyone ever traded in a console during Black Friday"? I wanna do it at midnight since they'll run out of bundles early on, I was just curious to see if Gamestop will allow me to trade it in at midnight or only accept the console trade during the day. I need a hard drive badly, and I can get the double credit bonus. Plus it includes 2 of the 3 games I've been thinking about getting (Skyrim, Black Ops 2). Sorry for the long post just trying to finalize my list for BF. Thanks again

Midnight might be tricky both because of the possible crowds but also because their system might not be updated with double credit promotion at that moment (ie, time zone differences). I'd call up and ask, although it is quite possible the staff might not actually know given the unusual nature of the situation (midnight opening AND new promos that should theoretically start at midnight). On the plus side, the GS bundle isn't all that hot ($10 off Black ops vs other other retailers selling it for $50 less minus black ops), so it may not sell out immediately. Likewise, you might want to consider going to a GS that isn't doing a midnight opening....This link below shows the ones opening at midnight

http://www.gamestop....events/bfrimid/

#33 CaptFalcon0190

CaptFalcon0190

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Midnight might be tricky both because of the possible crowds but also because their system might not be updated with double credit promotion at that moment (ie, time zone differences). I'd call up and ask, although it is quite possible the staff might not actually know given the unusual nature of the situation (midnight opening AND new promos that should theoretically start at midnight). On the plus side, the GS bundle isn't all that hot ($10 off Black ops vs other other retailers selling it for $50 less minus black ops), so it may not sell out immediately. Likewise, you might want to consider going to a GS that isn't doing a midnight opening....This link below shows the ones opening at midnight

Thanks for the tip. Im debating purchasing the bundle straight up and coming back during the day to trade my old 360 in.

#34 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Mario Party 8 for the Wii - 12

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

If a GS isn't aware of the promos going on for BF then their manager would be in deep shit with the DM if you called and complained. Every single store has its manager opening that night with their best staff members with them and then the other key holders are sprinkled throughout the rest of the day.

If the registers crash that's another thing but there have been enough updates it SHOULD hold up, but ya never know. There's no way GS corporate isn't going to have everything promo wise good to go at midnight eastern. If you're doubting the value you're getting, the employee should have no problem pulling the screen out so you can see what's going on.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#36 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

TIV from 10/19

PS3

Bioshock - $4.00
FIFA 12 - 7.50
God of War III - 4.50
Infamous 2 - 8.00
Killzone 2 - 0.50
LittleBigPlanet - 1.50
Madden 12 - 2.50
NBA 2K12 - 3.00
NHL 12 - 3.00
Need for Speed Most Wanted - 19.00
Need for Speed The Run - 8.00
Resistance 2 - 0.50
Red Dead Redemption GOTY - $12.00
Uncharted 3 - 7.50
WWE 12 - 11.00

Xbox 360

Gears of War Triple Pack - 6.00
Forza 4 - 15.00

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy - 8.00
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#37 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

If a GS isn't aware of the promos going on for BF then their manager would be in deep shit with the DM if you called and complained. Every single store has its manager opening that night with their best staff members with them and then the other key holders are sprinkled throughout the rest of the day.

If the registers crash that's another thing but there have been enough updates it SHOULD hold up, but ya never know. There's no way GS corporate isn't going to have everything promo wise good to go at midnight eastern. If you're doubting the value you're getting, the employee should have no problem pulling the screen out so you can see what's going on.

I didn't say they wouldn't be aware of their own promos...I suggested that a retailer, which rarely does midnight openings and which promo schedule usually doesn't match the night of midnight openings might have system issues regarding promos...and that the staff, never facing this precise issue before, might not be able to give any assurance beyond 'well, it should work' ahead of time. At a recent midnight launch I wasn't able to redeem power up reward coupon because apparently that aspect of the GS system wasn't working at that time. I'm sure if I had asked about this ahead of time, I would have been told 'no problem'.

I'm sure that all the new/used pricing info will be updated on time but something like (in a completely made up example) that the serial number database used for hardware trade ins goes down for 60 minutes for updates at midnight EST everyday is exactly the sort of thing that can get forgotten about/or is too much effort to change for a single day, so they just let it roll as is.

I'm not bashing GS....I'm just stating that systems often don't work smoothly/as expected during these kind of events.

#38 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

iOS values? Any trade-in deals relating to iOS?

#39 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

iOS values? Any trade-in deals relating to iOS?

All those values are on GameStops website. No idea if there's any deals.

#40 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Is the $50 console trade bonus live?

*edit- NVM. I looked it up and found it is live from 11/19-12/02. Amazing what this internet shit can do.

#41 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Is the $50 console trade bonus live?

*edit- NVM. I looked it up and found it is live from 11/19-12/02. Amazing what this internet shit can do.

But can it find you a twinkie? Thats what I thought :-P

#42 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

just noticed the moron at gamestop gave me the tiv on the old sixaxis controller and not the ds3

lost out on 6 bucks

sucks but lesson learned

#43 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I hope the $75 for a 3DS XL holds

#44 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

They're only doing a 25% bonus trade in. Ugh. I was really hoping they'd do a 50% bonus.

#45 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Wow, if that 320gb ps3 value held at $100 I could get $200 for my PS3 on BF. And I just beat Walking Dead tonight...hmm. That would be enough to get the 3DS bundle, KH for 19.99 and FFtheater for 19.99 (after trading in some games to).

#46 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Doing some math on trying to trade in for enough credit to pick up a Wii-U. Does anyone know of any other trade in deals coming soon? Right now I have 17 games and a fat 360 totaling roughly $253.30 in credit. I just need to figure out how to get another 50 or so.

#47 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Doing some math on trying to trade in for enough credit to pick up a Wii-U. Does anyone know of any other trade in deals coming soon? Right now I have 17 games and a fat 360 totaling roughly $253.30 in credit. I just need to figure out how to get another 50 or so.

If you don't have it preordered, GS won't have one until after Christmas at the earliest.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#48 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

If you don't have it preordered, GS won't have one until after Christmas at the earliest.

I know, but I figured I should save up the credit now before stuff starts to drop.

#49 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I didn't say they wouldn't be aware of their own promos...I suggested that a retailer, which rarely does midnight openings and which promo schedule usually doesn't match the night of midnight openings might have system issues regarding promos...and that the staff, never facing this precise issue before, might not be able to give any assurance beyond 'well, it should work' ahead of time. At a recent midnight launch I wasn't able to redeem power up reward coupon because apparently that aspect of the GS system wasn't working at that time. I'm sure if I had asked about this ahead of time, I would have been told 'no problem'.

I'm sure that all the new/used pricing info will be updated on time but something like (in a completely made up example) that the serial number database used for hardware trade ins goes down for 60 minutes for updates at midnight EST everyday is exactly the sort of thing that can get forgotten about/or is too much effort to change for a single day, so they just let it roll as is.

I'm not bashing GS....I'm just stating that systems often don't work smoothly/as expected during these kind of events.

Any GS management staff worth their salt would have let you return/rebuy after the issue was fixed if you were trying to redeem a coupon. If you're talking about Halo 4 yeah the Powerup system went up in smoke at midnight eastern, but if you came in on Tuesday it was fixed. Lots of people had to come back in to get their preorder codes.

GS has done a lot of updates to their software in the last couple of months to get ready for the holidays. The issues that plagued the midnight launch of Halo did not repeat for BLOPS 2. Also GS does plenty of midnight launches, just went through 4 straight weeks of them (MoH, AC 3, Halo 4, BLOPS 2.)

It sucks you had an issue but surely it would have been fixed on Tuesday once things calmed down. Hell you could have gotten a gift card to cover gas if you pressed hard enough, I've seen people do it before.

If GS's registers go up in smoke on BF ... it'll be hell on earth.

Edited by MSUHitman, 21 November 2012 - 08:28 AM.

42869.png

#50 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I know, but I figured I should save up the credit now before stuff starts to drop.

Gotcha totally understand. Just wanted to let you know as it appears from reading the internet today the ONLY store you have a problem finding a WiiU in, at least in cities with multiple locations per chain, is GameStop.

42869.png

#51 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Random question, but will Gamestop accept a third party 360 ac adapter when traded in with an elite? I just realized I didn't have an official power supply for that.

#52 mrredskin

mrredskin

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

somehow I just don't see the system values being the same tomorrow night

#53 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

planning on trading in a nintendo wii + a ps3 phat 40gb console. I'm hoping I can get at least $60 for the wii and maybe $150 for ps3?

#54 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

3DS - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $2.50
XBox 360 - Wireless G Adapter - $20
XBox 360 - USB Extender - $1
(I got a very short USB extender with the wireless adapter when I bought it used from a GS. The employee never saw one before, but found it listed in the system for $1.)

I have a old 360 to trade in, but my VGA cable has the big plastic piece on the end broken off (cable still works fine. Will they take that, an HDMI cable in its place, or will just be charged the fee for a used one?

631840.png

#55 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

shoot i forgot gamestop doesn't accept hdmi cables with the ps3. any chance they will accept component cables?

#56 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

shoot i forgot gamestop doesn't accept hdmi cables with the ps3. any chance they will accept component cables?

Yes that's perfect.

42869.png

#57 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yes that's perfect.

just called and asked if they accept component cables and they said no :(

#58 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

just called and asked if they accept component cables and they said no :(

They're idiots then and didn't know what you were talking about. Component or composite cables are what's needed to trade in any system that hooks into a TV at GS. Any component set (first or third party) will have the composite hookups on it. Hell that's how they'll hook it up to test it in their small flip-screen TV.

Just look at the OP.

42869.png

#59 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Doesn't anyone besides me think it is going to take an hour or more to trade in a system on BF?

#60 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Kibby mass attack has dropped big time $4.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."