Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#631 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Dont forget that some people had an extra $5 promo that made the nintendog bundle $3. I traded mine in for $17.25 which I added $2.75 to get a $20 PSN card. ~$6 for $20 psn? What a deal!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#632 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Both versions from the Amazon sale? Didn't have time to sell mine yesterday.

Both are the same value, but I only traded in one. I gave the other away.

#633 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

too bad i missed out on that nintendogs and steel diver deal. :cry:
Posted Image

#634 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Last week, Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle, Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog, and Steel Diver all had a lightning deal at the same time that there was another separate promotion active where you could buy all three games for $25. So if you added the games to your cart correctly, they would total $25 and then the Lightning Deal discounts would apply, reducing the total to about $8 for all three games.

Even if you didn't keep them, that was a great deal for some Club Nintendo codes (and you can even trade in the Nintendogs games for profit during the 50% extra promo).

I gotta pay more attention to CAG

#635 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image Dishonored $16
:360: Dishonored $16
:360: Forza Horizon $18
Posted ImageLink's Crossbow Training $0.02
Posted ImageTony Hawk Shred $0.24

#636 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

:360: Skyrim up to $13 (as of yesterday, 11/28)

#637 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

New Super Mario Bros Wii - $11.00

Xbox360:
WWE 12 - $9.00
Resident Evil 6 - $13.00
UMVC 3 - $7.00
DOA 5 - $13.00
The Amazing Spiderman - $14.00

As of last night.

#638 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

New Super Mario Bros Wii - $11.00

Xbox360:
WWE 12 - $9.00
Resident Evil 6 - $13.00
UMVC 3 - $7.00
DOA 5 - $13.00
The Amazing Spiderman - $14.00

As of last night.

well, I know where spidey is going tomorrow

#639 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Traded in Foriza Horizon, got twice what I paid for it, not bad. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#640 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Mario Kart DS $10
Fallout GOTY PS3 $8
Forza 4 Essential $10

#641 RexBeatsAll

RexBeatsAll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Is 50% for used game Trade-ins the best Gamestop will offer?

I have a bunch of games to trade in, but I'll wait if there's a better deal out there.

#642 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Is 50% for used game Trade-ins the best Gamestop will offer?

I have a bunch of games to trade in, but I'll wait if there's a better deal out there.

theoritcally. it depends sometimes their 10/25/35 are better deals depending on the base value of the games. theyve also had an extra 5 dollars for any game promos too but again depends on the base value of the game. 20 dollar games benefit the most from 50% but 3 dollars games LOVE the 5 dollars for any game deal.

math is required to figure out the best deal.

#643 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Today:

:360: Wireless Controller - $18 (no change)

#644 RexBeatsAll

RexBeatsAll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

theoritcally. it depends sometimes their 10/25/35 are better deals depending on the base value of the games. theyve also had an extra 5 dollars for any game promos too but again depends on the base value of the game. 20 dollar games benefit the most from 50% but 3 dollars games LOVE the 5 dollars for any game deal.

math is required to figure out the best deal.

Thanks

#645 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Today's base...

Halo 4 - 22.00
Kung Fu Panda 2 - 6.00

$44.80 with PUR and 50%

#646 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Just got this email from GS. I wish I would have waited to do my trade till Sat. Would have scored over 30,000 PUR points.

"
You're one of our very best PowerUp Rewards members, and we know it. No kidding. You really are. As our thank you, this weekend we're giving you an exclusive offer to help kick off your holiday shopping. Score triple PowerUp Rewards points for every transaction on Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.*

The more games, systems and accessories you buy, the more points you'll get, giving you the ability to redeem for more of the coolest items in our PowerUp Rewards catalog. Don't let this limited-time offer pass you by!

Thanks for choosing GameStop and have an even happier holiday with triple PowerUp points, only for our very best!"

#647 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

bastards dont send me this kinda stuff :(

#648 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Just got this email from GS. I wish I would have waited to do my trade till Sat. Would have scored over 30,000 PUR points.

"
You're one of our very best PowerUp Rewards members, and we know it. No kidding. You really are. As our thank you, this weekend we're giving you an exclusive offer to help kick off your holiday shopping. Score triple PowerUp Rewards points for every transaction on Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.*

The more games, systems and accessories you buy, the more points you'll get, giving you the ability to redeem for more of the coolest items in our PowerUp Rewards catalog. Don't let this limited-time offer pass you by!

Thanks for choosing GameStop and have an even happier holiday with triple PowerUp points, only for our very best!"

also got the same email... wonder if this is just a universal email or is there really a basis for this.... hmmm... (looking over the list of people in the flip thread! haha!

#649 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

"

Got that too. That would give me almost 10k points for my Wii U purchase today. Might mention it to one of the guys up there to see if he would be cool with a rebuy since I could knock an extra $10 off a game with those points.

#650 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

On the fence about this:

Trade in my 160gb slim ps3 for $165 towards the $299 500gb AC3 bundle, or just buy a bigger HD? The ps3 pretty much belongs to my 3 yr old son. I have the plus membership so he can get the free games. Problem is the 160gb drive fills up pretty quick. I have to delete games to download new games. So between that concern, and the ps3 warranty being up in about 2 weeks, I dunno what to do.

Does anyone have one of these super slim consoles? Are they just as good or better than the regular slim?

#651 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

On the fence about this:

Trade in my 160gb slim ps3 for $165 towards the $299 500gb AC3 bundle, or just buy a bigger HD? The ps3 pretty much belongs to my 3 yr old son. I have the plus membership so he can get the free games. Problem is the 160gb drive fills up pretty quick. I have to delete games to download new games. So between that concern, and the ps3 warranty being up in about 2 weeks, I dunno what to do.

Does anyone have one of these super slim consoles? Are they just as good or better than the regular slim?

If you're mainly just needing more space and nothing is wrong with it, I would just get the bigger HD. I upgraded my 160gb slim to the 250gb super slim BF bundle because it was only $20. I figure I got more out of that then you would paying the extra $135 for just a bigger HD, AC3 and a super slim. It would only cost you about ~$60 (cheaper if you searched around) if you wanted a 500gb HD.

#652 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Got that too. That would give me almost 10k points for my Wii U purchase today. Might mention it to one of the guys up there to see if he would be cool with a rebuy since I could knock an extra $10 off a game with those points.

I got the email too. I'm definitely doing a return/rebuy on my Wii U Deluxe. 3850 points -> 11550 points.

#653 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

On the fence about this:

If you're mainly just needing more space and nothing is wrong with it, I would just get the bigger HD. I upgraded my 160gb slim to the 250gb super slim BF bundle because it was only $20. I figure I got more out of that then you would paying the extra $135 for just a bigger HD, AC3 and a super slim. It would only cost you about ~$60 (cheaper if you searched around) if you wanted a 500gb HD.

I say get a newer model for the new Sony warranty. Also get a cheap 3 year warranty from SquareTrade.

#654 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

I got the email too. I'm definitely doing a return/rebuy on my Wii U Deluxe. 3850 points -> 11550 points.

I used a $25 off coupon on mine so I would have to work it out with them. I forgot about the 10% PUR pro bonus points too. I might even just email the PUR people about it to see if they can make it easy on me.

#655 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

can you even do that?? does gamestop allow that or is that a YMMV???

#656 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

This is what I figured I would do.

AC3 Bundle $299 or $325 w/tax

My 160gb slim -$165
2 xbox wireless controllers - $36
The AC3 game - $30 because I already own the 360 version
Batman AC and Dragons Dogma $36

That leaves me with like a $58 balance. I guess I'm looking at it like I would have the newer model, more HD space, plus the warranty.

#657 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

also got the same email... wonder if this is just a universal email or is there really a basis for this.... hmmm... (looking over the list of people in the flip thread! haha!

Heh I got the email as well. Think GS will tank any TIVs in honor of this? I was ready to go tomorrow to trade and Id rather have the credit. Hmmm

fs_overall.png

#658 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Heh I got the email as well. Think GS will tank any TIVs in honor of this? I was ready to go tomorrow to trade and Id rather have the credit. Hmmm

GS values are incredibly YMMV. Sometimes they are nuked very very quickly, sometimes it takes a very long time for values to drop.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#659 io

io

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I really don't think they will tank values because of a triple points promo - they really aren't related. Really, they would change values much more for the 50% promo than for that.

I got this email too - completely missed it until I saw this thread ;). I might go and do a trade tomorrow but I probably won't get anything on the weekend for the promo. Though it might be easier to me to do that trade Saturday. I'm worried about values dropping (just for regular reasons) by Saturday.

#660 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I really don't think they will tank values because of a triple points promo - they really aren't related. Really, they would change values much more for the 50% promo than for that.

I got this email too - completely missed it until I saw this thread ;). I might go and do a trade tomorrow but I probably won't get anything on the weekend for the promo. Though it might be easier to me to do that trade Saturday. I'm worried about values dropping (just for regular reasons) by Saturday.

Ah, yeah makes sense. I'm worried too. Especially about Amazing Spider Man. haha.

fs_overall.png