Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#901 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Even though I have yet to play it I think I am trading my Dragon Age UA for $16.50 total. You can buy it for $18 from BBY and I might never get around to playing it. I know it is supposed to be great but finding the time is going to be tough.

#902 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

The steal of the week is a 50% extra tiv coupon for 5,050 points or so

It would be interesting if this stacked. Not sure if they will have 2 sets of "base" prices for these games. I am tempted to spend the 5k just to see. $64 for BLOPS 2? Highly doubt it.

#903 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

So there is the guaranteed TIV promo and 50% running at the same time? Someone mentioned 50% bonus earlier.

The steal of the week is a 50% extra tiv coupon for 5,050 points or so

Not sure if its been said in here but 2 things

1) Stores I went to today had a sign that said 30% trade in bonus when you trade games toward any new WIi U game

2) I got an e-mail from Gamestop that stated 50% bonus trade in toward any pre-owned item. Says it will go from 12/7/12 to 12/15/12.

I was talking about this post.

#904 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I wasn't aware that they dropped the price before the promotion ended. Isn't there like a sentence that says 'guaranteed until xxx'? Or was there a smaller fine print that stated otherwise?

Yup! But, Beware Of The AsteRISKS! Lol. GS likes covering their butts with oxymoron loopholes, it seems. 'Guaranteed.....BUT..... We can change it if we want'. Lmfao.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#905 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

It would be interesting if this stacked. Not sure if they will have 2 sets of "base" prices for these games. I am tempted to spend the 5k just to see. $64 for BLOPS 2? Highly doubt it.

These promo prices can't possibly be the base.

#906 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

These promo prices can't possibly be the base.

Yeah I am sure there is a base and then just a promo bonus for each one, most likely a different % depending on the game.

It kills me I traded Blood Money to GS a year ago for $12.80 and now it gets $22.

#907 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Fyi, They don't stack. Not the 30% or 50%. GameStop will give you the highest value, so if you are trading different games do them separately.

#908 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Im gonna pry away a bunch of ass creeds from people on craigslist. Im also gonna try to snag some cheap madden 12s and fifa 12s
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#909 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Fyi, They don't stack. Not the 30% or 50%. GameStop will give you the highest value, so if you are trading different games do them separately.

Yeah I learned that the hard way. Keep one pile from this list and another if you are doing anything else.

#910 izpep

izpep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

I've yet to get this email from gamestop.

Are these TIVs only for certain members?

#911 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I've yet to get this email from gamestop.

Are these TIVs only for certain members?

Are you PRO?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#912 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Yeah I am sure there is a base and then just a promo bonus for each one, most likely a different % depending on the game.

It kills me I traded Blood Money to GS a year ago for $12.80 and now it gets $22.

It's the sequel effect.

#913 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I have a sealed Madden NFL 12 Wii. \\:D/
*edit*
WTH? The ebay prices for that are insane!
I can understand the slightly high price for the psp version since 12 is the last year for Madden on it. But there is a wii version for Madden 13!

Edited by scblueeyedguy, 07 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#914 izpep

izpep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Not a Pro member just a regular.

#915 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm a pro member and didn't receive any email with those guaranteed credits.

edit: received email at 8:37 AM EST

debating whether I should trade in Forza or not. I want to play it, but i think i could just rebuy it later. 35$? crazy

Edited by archerbro74, 07 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.
edit

#916 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

well I'm heading towards the mall anyways today, so I' guess I'll find out. only potentially trading in silent hill/ super smash bros. debating on forza. i knew i should've bought multiple copies.

#917 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

forza and dead island goty great flips for those that got them for 15/8 through black friday deals.
also now i can unload the extra naruto generations / most wanted i got for cheap. and would have been able to get rid of cod declassified for 30 if i didnt sell it for 30 cash through cl already. thanks

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#918 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

The headline of the trade list states "Pro" members get even more, so i'm assuming those prices are for everyone and Pro members get 10% more.
Posted Image

#919 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

If you order online for a new copy of something that's been out for a while, what are the chances you get one of those that came from display(as in not sealed and has the "new" sticker on it)?
Posted Image

#920 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Anyone have any idea of how much the 250 GB SUPERSLIM is going for at Gamestop?

#921 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just a couple of quick questions here, if anyone can answer.

First, the deals in the OP that have already expired, should we go ahead and delete those? Like the ones that ended on 12/2 and 12/3?

Second, for these new trade in values from that new email, do these stack with the trade in towards the "select games" power trade?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#922 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just a couple of quick questions here, if anyone can answer.

First, the deals in the OP that have already expired, should we go ahead and delete those? Like the ones that ended on 12/2 and 12/3?

Second, for these new trade in values from that new email, do these stack with the trade in towards the "select games" power trade?

No they shouldn't stack.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#923 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Monitored phone calls here at work, so I can't call til after I get out. Can anyone get a trade in value for The Trash Pack (3DS). Thank you to whomever gets around to it!
Posted Image

#924 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Monitored phone calls here at work, so I can't call til after I get out. Can anyone get a trade in value for The Trash Pack (3DS). Thank you to whomever gets around to it!

Phone quote (12/7):

:3ds: The Trash Pack - $4

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#925 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

NCAA Basketball 2010 - Xbox 360 $20.00....some random guy who is trading that in will be really surprised by that one

It's the last college hoops game, and it's not that easy to find now. Not that surprising.

But, I bought the PS3 version a few months ago at GS for $17.99... some of these prices just don't make sense at all.

#926 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

So is Rock Band 3 out of print or something? $20 seems like a lot for it.

#927 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

ok so you don't actually get 10%.
the base for silent hill and smash bros were $20, and i have rewards pro. and i got 21. It functions as if there's two bonuses.

Same wiht Forza. I didn't get $35 (base)+3.50, i got 18 plus 17 bonus, plus 1.80-36.80.

a little disappointing, but i got near $80. also gonna rebuy forza on ebay for less than 25.

edit: BTW, i am so sick of them announcing how much you have on your power up rewards Card.
"HEY GUISE, THIS GUY HAS HUNDREDS OF CREDIT ON HIS CARD, DID U HEAR ME CLEARLY?"

Edited by archerbro74, 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM.
additional info

#928 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

So is Rock Band 3 out of print or something? $20 seems like a lot for it.

Yes oop

#929 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Yes oop

Okay, guess I'll either hang on to that one or just rebuy it using a B2G1. Thanks for the info.

#930 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

ok so you don't actually get 10%.
the base for silent hill and smash bros were $20, and i have rewards pro. and i got 21. It functions as if there's two bonuses.

Same wiht Forza. I didn't get $35 (base)+3.50, i got 18 plus 17 bonus, plus 1.80-36.80.

a little disappointing, but i got near $80. also gonna rebuy forza on ebay for less than 25.

edit: BTW, i am so sick of them announcing how much you have on your power up rewards Card.
"HEY GUISE, THIS GUY HAS HUNDREDS OF CREDIT ON HIS CARD, DID U HEAR ME CLEARLY?"

Darn, that means with that extra 50% Steal of the Week thing I'll actually end up getting a lot less, right? Maybe I'll pass entirely on games I was on the fence about (Black Ops 2, Xenoblade, and RB3).