Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#91 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hope the PS3 trade values hold for tonight! Thanks to all the sales everywhere going online early and then getting in on the B1G1 glitch on GameStop.com pretty much all my shopping is done other than grabbing the new PS3 bundle.

#92 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

So I could get $95 for my fat 360 with wireless controller, right?

I wouldn't want to sell mine and be without a 360 for a few days though. I would have to find a Gamestop with slims in stock then.

#93 dakota0615

dakota0615

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

ok so have we gotten any one to confirm that we will be able to trade in systems tonight for duble credit at 12:01?

#94 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

ok so have we gotten any one to confirm that we will be able to trade in systems tonight for duble credit at 12:01?

Double credit might be good for some, but it would certainly get me less credit than the $50 promo going on now.

#95 dakota0615

dakota0615

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well theres no gamestops open now did i just screw my self i was hoping to get 180 with double credit

#96 dakota0615

dakota0615

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

By the way its a 160gb slim ps3 i would be trading in

#97 shinclyde

shinclyde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Expect the tradein value on consoles to lower (last night I saw someone trying to trade a kinect and they gave them with PUR 15 dlls on credit) but the double credit promo is right there on the flyer, good on ALL console trades.

#98 dakota0615

dakota0615

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Alright well if i have some one offereing me 180 on craigs right now should i just jump on that then in stead of trading in tonight

#99 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Small print? That's the actual body of the offer and it's right on the title page with the offer. Unfortunately, I think it's gonna be hard to argue that one...

You don't think they could have posted that somewhat, in your case I guess not, important information on the actual page on powerup rewards when you scroll over the deal? no? you think you should click it, be taken to a whole different website and screen, have to scroll down, see the same exact title "50% trade in bonus" and then, yes, in the smaller, unbolded print, have it say ".... only if you buy this". you think that suffices? you're a moron. go call someone else out.

#100 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

you bet your ass I'm gonna make it work pal.

Posted Image

#101 Keero

Keero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

you bet your ass I'm gonna make it work pal.

Posted Image

Yea I seen that too and then I clicked on it and scrolled down to see it say towards pulse headset, bummer. Not that hard for them to put towards pulse headset on that banner.

#102 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Will gamestop give more credit for a PS3 with a 500gb HDD I put in myself?

#103 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Will gamestop give more credit for a PS3 with a 500gb HDD I put in myself?

No.

#104 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Is a 250gb 360 slim without the HDD just considered a 4gb model?

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#105 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I traded a PSP with a generic power supply with no problem.

Okay, thanks. I hope it works. I wont be able to go in until Monday so I hope the TIV of 360's doesn't drop.

#106 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

You don't think they could have posted that somewhat, in your case I guess not, important information on the actual page on powerup rewards when you scroll over the deal? no? you think you should click it, be taken to a whole different website and screen, have to scroll down, see the same exact title "50% trade in bonus" and then, yes, in the smaller, unbolded print, have it say ".... only if you buy this". you think that suffices? you're a moron. go call someone else out.

We were looking at different banners apparently. I was looking at the GS Trade-In offers page, where the 50% is listed and right next to it, it notes the Sony Pulse purchase requirement. You don't have to click on anything at all. It's clear.

No disrespect was intended though. Good luck with getting them to up the TIVs. I wish the stores around here would be willing to do something like that...

#107 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys... Has anyone had success before trading out a game in a B2G1 (or B1G1) if you already have picked it up??? Just wondering if I was even going to be worth trying this or not.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#108 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wii Gamestop take my Wii if I don't have the original composite cable but instead a third party component cable they sold me?

#109 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Expect the tradein value on consoles to lower (last night I saw someone trying to trade a kinect and they gave them with PUR 15 dlls on credit) but the double credit promo is right there on the flyer, good on ALL console trades.

Hell if they drop the value of the Wii at all there's no point in trading it in. I'm not going to take less or equal value than what it would cost to buy another WiiMotePlus.

#110 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I never thought to ask. When trading in a Wii, do you need to trade in a nunchuck as well or just the Wii Remote?

#111 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I never thought to ask. When trading in a Wii, do you need to trade in a nunchuck as well or just the Wii Remote?

nunchuck as well when i did it a few weeks ago.

#112 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

The 50% on games isn't live yet that's why you don't see it on the website. if you look at the headset on the trade-in deals page, you see it says for any item. Should be live if you go at midnight or wait until it shows up online.

#113 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Anyone ever do a trade at a midnight bf before? Is it going to be a huge hassle if I try to trade my dsi for $50 at midnight? I suppose that if I get there as soon as midnight hits & everyone else is scrambling to buy stuff, maybe I can do a quick trade and be out of there asap. I don't need a dsi since I'm buying the amazon vita tomorrow.

Also, anyone know what is needed for the dsi besides the dsi unit and ac adapter? I don't remember mine coming with anything else.

Hey guys... Has anyone had success before trading out a game in a B2G1 (or B1G1) if you already have picked it up??? Just wondering if I was even going to be worth trying this or not.

Do you mean that you bought a bunch of games in the b2g1free and you want to swap out one of the games for something else? Yeah, you can definitely do that and maintain the b2g1free deal.

#114 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Do you mean that you bought a bunch of games in the b2g1free and you want to swap out one of the games for something else? Yeah, you can definitely do that and maintain the b2g1free deal.

Yeah - I got 2 games in the B1G1 mistake, but ended up finding both at WalMart. Figured New>Used, but now I have to return both and get 2 other games... Just wanted to know if they'd do that... Thanks!

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#115 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Anyone ever do a trade at a midnight bf before? Is it going to be a huge hassle if I try to trade my dsi for $50 at midnight? I suppose that if I get there as soon as midnight hits & everyone else is scrambling to buy stuff, maybe I can do a quick trade and be out of there asap. I don't need a dsi since I'm buying the amazon vita tomorrow.

Also, anyone know what is needed for the dsi besides the dsi unit and ac adapter? I don't remember mine coming with anything else.

If you're not planning to buy anything, I'd wait until later in the day.

You need the system, stylus, and wall charger.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#116 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

So is it confirmed that GameStop will open up at midnight for all stores not in a mall? Will be trading in a wii and ps3 40gb

#117 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yeah - I got 2 games in the B1G1 mistake, but ended up finding both at WalMart. Figured New>Used, but now I have to return both and get 2 other games... Just wanted to know if they'd do that... Thanks!

you can do that with the b2g1free but i never tried it with a b1g1free glitch before. personally, i wouldn't want them to know that i take advantage of their glitches. ymmv, i guess.

If you're not planning to buy anything, I'd wait until later in the day.

You need the system, stylus, and wall charger.

thanks. will do.

#118 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#119 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

So is it confirmed that GameStop will open up at midnight for all stores not in a mall? Will be trading in a wii and ps3 40gb

Check the "Find a store" on GS website to see when your local store is open. Most should open at 12am, but some locations (mall or not) open at 6am.

It's weird cause my store doesnt open till 6am (cause we're in a mall) but it still shows on the website we are open at 5am.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#120 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

So Wii with Motion Plus still trades for $30 ($60?). Does it have to be the remote with built-in motion plus or can it be the add-on piece?