Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#1531 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Did you have that happen during the new calendar year? Somebody else mentioned the savings having reset just recently. Not sure if it was by calendar year or not.

Yes they scanned my card on the 10th so it looks like it doesn't reset for the calendar year. It might reset on the anniversary but that is not until April for me.

#1532 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

FYI for those of us looking to transfer GS credit elsewhere - my local store has begun selling Amazon "video game gift cards". After reading the fine print on the card and Amazon's website, it appears that these cards will function exactly like Kindle gift cards - they can be used for anything on Amazon.com. I do not believe these are leftover from the Kindle promotion as they are a different kind of gift card. I've to about $150 in credit and am out today looking to buy a few games to sell on Amazon or eBay to make a profit or at least cash out my credit. I will confirm the existence of these cards at other stores and if I have any credit left I will purchase one to test it out and make sure it functions as I would expect.

Sorry if this is old news but I know a lot of us were hoping that GS would start selling Amazon cards when it was announced they'd carry the kindle.

EDIT: none to be found at a second store. I will be at another store shortly and then one last store this evening. Will continue to update.

Edited by DustBoogie, 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#1533 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

FYI for those of us looking to transfer GS credit elsewhere - my local store has begun selling Amazon "video game gift cards". After reading the fine print on the card and Amazon's website, it appears that these cards will function exactly like Kindle gift cards - they can be used for anything on Amazon.com. I do not believe these are leftover from the Kindle promotion as they are a different kind of gift card. I've to about $150 in credit and am out today looking to buy a few games to sell on Amazon or eBay to make a profit or at least cash out my credit. I will confirm the existence of these cards at other stores and if I have any credit left I will purchase one to test it out and make sure it functions as I would expect.

Sorry if this is old news but I know a lot of us were hoping that GS would start selling Amazon cards when it was announced they'd carry the kindle.

EDIT: none to be found at a second store. I will be at another store shortly and then one last store this evening. Will continue to update.

My store has been selling these since mid-Decemberish. I bought one, redeemed on Amazon, and it's just a regular gift card. I think the wording of "Video Game Gift Card" is to throw people off? Maybe make folks think they can ONLY use this card on games, kind of like people who think Kindle cards can be used only on Kindle stuff.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Maybe you've heard of me? Tyler H. Mormon City, All American? Four touchdowns in one game?

#1534 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I think another person reported that they are also selling them digitally through their POS.

#1535 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Doesn't seem to be a universal thing. Three other GameStops I visited today had no sign of the Amazon cards.

#1536 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yes they scanned my card on the 10th so it looks like it doesn't reset for the calendar year. It might reset on the anniversary but that is not until April for me.

Odd, my anniversary is in November, just was told the other day I have saved over $900. Hopefully thats for a longer period of time then 2 months, if not I need help ;)

#1537 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

What happens if you PUR membership expires? Do you lose your points? I was going to wait for a good promo to renew my membership.

#1538 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I let mine expire and let it sit for a little while before renewing it.
I did not lose any of my reward points on my PUR account.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1539 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

9/14
PS3 160 gig Slim $75
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1540 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Mortal Kombat Vita $3
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1541 FearfulSlayer89

FearfulSlayer89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Traded in Fat 360 today + wired controller + 20GB HD. Got $60 base for the console/controller and $5 for the HD. So $125 total with the double credit

#1542 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

:ps3: Far Cry 3: $20
:ps3: God of War (origins? collection ?): $3.50

Receipt says "God of War: Collection", but I traded in Origins!!!:-x I remember him looking this one up in the computer. How much did I lose? What the Fuck can I do???????

#1543 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1544 burninggundam83

burninggundam83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

I traded in a couple of games today (1/15/13), here are the Base TIV for them:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U) : $14
ZombiU (Wii U) : $18
Silent Hill Book of Memories (Vita) : $8
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (Vita) : $5

Edited by burninggundam83, 16 January 2013 - 03:49 AM.
typo

#1545 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

can't purchase a gift card with my PUR card for some reason online, keep getting this error:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

but I'm using credit to buy it, so I don't get it... anyone had this issue?

#1546 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

can't purchase a gift card with my PUR card for some reason online, keep getting this error:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

but I'm using credit to buy it, so I don't get it... anyone had this issue?

I get this error whenever I try to order anything on GameStop.com. Doesn't matter if I'm using credit, a gift card, credit card, debit card. I ordered something once a few years ago, and ever since then I've had zero luck.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Maybe you've heard of me? Tyler H. Mormon City, All American? Four touchdowns in one game?

#1547 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

So the double credit is still going? Man I absolutely hate my Gamestop.

First I went in with a $10 off a used game coupon and decided to get MW3. I get the nicest looking case and the manager of all people comes back and gives me a case so beat to **** that I refused to accept it. I asked why couldnt I keep the one I picked and he said they get to choose which ones to give out. I cancel my order but he scanned my coupon while I was cancelling so I couldnt get it back so I got upset and told him to cancel all 5 pre orders. He told me I was messed up for doing that but like I even cared so I managed to get more credit at best buy for that copy of MW3

Today I call the store and the assistant manager answers and I ask for the value of the 80gb ps3 and he said $80 so I asked if double credit was still going and he said no. So I asked they show online until the 27th so he told me they decide what promos go on in that store. I hope the store by me burns to hell.

#1548 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

First I went in with a $10 off a used game coupon and decided to get MW3. I get the nicest looking case and the manager of all people comes back and gives me a case so beat to **** that I refused to accept it. I asked why couldnt I keep the one I picked and he said they get to choose which ones to give out. I cancel my order but he scanned my coupon while I was cancelling so I couldnt get it back so I got upset and told him to cancel all 5 pre orders. He told me I was messed up for doing that but like I even cared so I managed to get more credit at best buy for that copy of MW3

Today I call the store and the assistant manager answers and I ask for the value of the 80gb ps3 and he said $80 so I asked if double credit was still going and he said no. So I asked they show online until the 27th so he told me they decide what promos go on in that store. I hope the store by me burns to hell.

call another store and get the dms phone #. that'll fix it.

#1549 dakota0615

dakota0615

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Playstation 3 super slim 250gb tiv $150.00
$300.00 after double credit
so if anyone wants to upgrade to a white playstation next week and get a year of plus free or a 500gb with assasians creed for free they can with just paying sales tax

#1550 DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Is the only way to know how much I can get is to go there or call? Looked around the thread for a while and didn't see the TIV for a slim 4GB. It's a Reach console but I'm keeping the HDD.

#1551 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Is the only way to know how much I can get is to go there or call? Looked around the thread for a while and didn't see the TIV for a slim 4GB. It's a Reach console but I'm keeping the HDD.

The Slim systems w/HDD preinstalled don't have the 4GB chip included and have to have the HDD in the system to trade it in. That's why there's so few used Slim HDD's in the Gamestop system.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1552 DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

The Slim systems w/HDD preinstalled don't have the 4GB chip included and have to have the HDD in the system to trade it in. That's why there's so few used Slim HDD's in the Gamestop system.

Wow. Microsoft just couldn't make it easy for customers, could they? So, I have to move my saves to a thumb drive and then redownload all the games and DLC I had (if they are still available for download) so I can trade in for a new one?

#1553 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

so if anyone wants to upgrade to a white playstation next week and get a year of plus free or a 500gb with assasians creed for free they can with just paying sales tax

I just called and was told $75 and $150 with the double. I did this to verify cause I was jumping up with joy when I first read your comment. I was so excited :(

#1554 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Is it GameStops policy to hire arrogant pricks? I hate having to call/visit any GameStop because they always seem to talk down to their customers. On the other hand, the stores with female employees always seem to be really cool and polite. I don't understand why the male employees seem to have this attitude. I know it's not all of them but I'd say 6 out of every 10 male GameStop employees act like their Fuck doesn't stink.

#1555 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

tellgamestop.com or like the other person said call another nearby store and get the DM's office number.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1556 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yeah like the other person said they were telling you the amount AFTER the promo.

42869.png

#1557 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I just called and was told $75 and $150 with the double. I did this to verify cause I was jumping up with joy when I first read your comment. I was so excited :(

Me too. Then I thought it was tgbgt.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1558 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Must be a franchise store.

#1559 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Neverdead XB360 - $4 base

My Current Lowball Sale is CLOSED.  Rest easy and salivate for my follow-up next time! 

animePSP2.jpg

#1560 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Must be a franchise store.

All Gamestop stores are corporate.

42869.png