• Trading Ban

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

How much was the tax $30.01

#1622 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

[quote name='sasukekun']That's YMMV. Your best bet is to goto the original store you purchased the item from and have them look up your PUR account and see if they can find the transaction.

Was it a new or pre-owned item? And did you want to exchange it for the same item or different item?

That's exactly what I did, they looked up my PUR account and found the transaction. Went smoother than I thought it would. Thanks for the replys !!!

#1623 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Last I checked you get $100 after double trade-in.

I know you work there, but when was the last time you checked? The last confirmed TIV for the 3DS was $35 on 1/7.

Anybody want to do a favor and call a store real quick to get a definite value? I'd call myself, but I've got a nasty case the flu and can barely speak above a whisper.

#1624 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1625 DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

$75 for a 250 slim 360 without the double bonus. $150 isn't bad. If it wasn't for the double Best Buy would give $105 normally and I would have gone there. Gamestop occasionally come up with decent deals.

#1626 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

$75 for a 250 slim 360 without the double bonus. $150 isn't bad. If it wasn't for the double Best Buy would give $105 normally and I would have gone there. Gamestop occasionally come up with decent deals.

that's why i wish BB had trade-in deals on systems

#1627 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I just traded in Super Mario 3D Land for 12.00. I used it to buy Kid Icarus new, got home and opened it up and it had everything besides the case and manual (I got the big box, stand, club nintendo, and insert).

:3ds: Super Mario 3D Land 12.00

edit: Went back half an hour later and the clerk felt bad and the case/manual happened to be on the shelf and he knew it was mine because I got their last copy in stock so he handed it to me.

Edited by Nesboy43, 27 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#1628 Ilovecereal

Ilovecereal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I got some bull crap tonight from some gamestop employee who said they were charging refurb fees on all old xbox 360s. it seemed fishy should i call a dm or corporate?

#1629 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I got some bull crap tonight from some gamestop employee who said they were charging refurb fees on all old xbox 360s. it seemed fishy should i call a dm or corporate?

This sounds fishy to me too, I would call DM asap and if not than go to corporate.

#1630 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I needs a B2G1 sale!!!!

I haz moneyz Gamestop gimme what I need!

#1631 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

When is the next 50% on trade-ins? This tiered promo is a joke. Even 30% is far too low.

#1632 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

When is the next 50% on trade-ins? This tiered promo is a joke. Even 30% is far too low.

hopefully soon! seems like the run one every few weeks.

#1633 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

does the current trade promo end and a new one starting tomorrow? If so what is the new one. If not is it being extended?
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#1634 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ugh, wish the extra 25% was also toward the purchase of Ni No Kuni. I want to unload this Black Ops Declassified I got with my Vita before the TIV drops too far below the current $15. It only trades for $5, $7.50 after promo, at BB. Haven't even played the game, heard it was garbage and feel like getting $20 or so for it would be pretty great.

#1635 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ugh, wish the extra 25% was also toward the purchase of Ni No Kuni. I want to unload this Black Ops Declassified I got with my Vita before the TIV drops too far below the current $15. It only trades for $5, $7.50 after promo, at BB. Haven't even played the game, heard it was garbage and feel like getting $20 or so for it would be pretty great.

SMH at the bolded

#1636 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

SMH at the bolded

Whatever, sometimes I don't need to eat a person's poop to know that I'm probably not going to like it.

Maybe the Vita CoD is great and all the critics are completely wrong about it being just a series of timed challenge modes (seems kind of impossible for that to be objectively wrong or inaccurate, but who knows) that don't carry over any of the elements (shifting narrative, dynamic choices, and polished controls and multiplayer) that made Black Ops 2 one of last year's best games. Until then I'll spend my time playing P4G, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, a bunch of other free PS+ games, Black Ops 2 mutliplayer, Ni No Kuni (soon), and all the other games in my backlog that aren't, based on what I know about my own gaming interests and all the critics I trust (along with ones I don't generally trust who also seem to agree about that CoD Vita Game), seemingly toxic wastes of time that are probably a ticking time bomb in terms of TiV where I can turn it in to something good.

#1637 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

the COD Vita game is decent. i got it in trade from a guy locally. It isn't like the console versions, but it is fun to play on the road/train/whatever.

#1638 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Anyone who listens to Podcast Beyond would have known that CoD Vita was a PoS before it even came out.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1639 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

What, no pro member discount? This is why I hate GameStop!

asinine

#1640 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

does the current trade promo end and a new one starting tomorrow? If so what is the new one. If not is it being extended?

Double Trade ends at closing on Sunday. New system promo will start Monday.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1641 Wii Got U

Wii Got U

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Double Trade ends at closing on Sunday. New system promo will start Monday.

Posted Image

**$75 Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Classic White 500GB PlayStation 3 Instant Game Collection Bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 1/27/13 - 2/17/13.

#1642 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Posted Image

**$75 Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Classic White 500GB PlayStation 3 Instant Game Collection Bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 1/27/13 - 2/17/13.

That's a promo for upgrading to the new white PS3.

A different promo will start Monday morning for people not planning to upgrade to the white PS3.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1643 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Trade In Values (01-25-13)

:ps3: Bulletstorm $1.00
:ps3: Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds $6.00
:ps3: House of the Dead: Overkill $4.00
:ps3: Little Big Planet Karting $15.00
:360: Rage $1.50
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 13 $8.00
Posted Image

#1644 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

1/26 Dualshock 3 $20

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1645 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

1/26

Base values

:ps3:
250GB Super Slim - $75
Infamous - $2.50
Infamous 2 - $5
MLB 12: The Show - $7
Playstation Move Heroes - $1.50
Sly Cooper Collection - $10
Uncharted - $2.50
Uncharted 2 - $2
Yakuza 4 - $5

:360:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $6
Fallout 3 - $1
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - $6
Saints Row - $2
Saints Row 2 - $4
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $6
WWE '13 - $18

:3ds:
3DS System - $35
Cubic Ninja - $2
Mario Kart 7 - $12

:psp:
The 3rd Birthday - $3

HDMI Cable - $4

#1646 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

To the few of y'all whose store MAY still have a copy, does anyone know the price of Dark Souls CE?

I want to say my local store had a copy when I was there like a week and a half ago, but they're not answering the phone.

They said that location is closing down, since one is so close down the street, but they never told me a date.

Phone keeps on ringing but no one is answering. I'd like to get it if its $20-30, but I don't want to waste a trip
Posted Image

#1647 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

To the few of y'all whose store MAY still have a copy, does anyone know the price of Dark Souls CE?

I want to say my local store had a copy when I was there like a week and a half ago, but they're not answering the phone.

They said that location is closing down, since one is so close down the street, but they never told me a date.

Phone keeps on ringing but no one is answering. I'd like to get it if its $20-30, but I don't want to waste a trip

I believe they converted to used.

#1648 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

I believe they converted to used.

Oh okay...

I called a couple more stores around and found one fairly close, but they want $49.99... A bit more than I wanted to pay, considering the CE was a free upgrade to preorderees. I was hoping $29.99, MAYBE a long shot of $19.99 since the standalone goes for that.

Anyone think is worth it?
Posted Image

#1649 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Ugh, didn't know you had to trade in a wiimote with the Wii. They wouldn't take my wiimotes without the original battery cover so I ordered replacement covers and now I need to wait for the promotion to repeat and hope they still take the Wii then.

#1650 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Ugh, didn't know you had to trade in a wiimote with the Wii. They wouldn't take my wiimotes without the original battery cover so I ordered replacement covers and now I need to wait for the promotion to repeat and hope they still take the Wii then.

man if it's a GCube model, put it up on craigs for $60 cash, but it's gone in less than a day... even hours on the weekend...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."